Start by marking “The Stepsisters” as Want to Read:

The Stepsisters

#1 New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery pens a love story of a different sort…a heartfelt tale of friendship between two women who used to be sisters.

Once upon a time, when her dad married Sage’s mom, Daisy was thrilled to get a bright and shiny new sister. But Sage was beautiful and popular, everything Daisy was not, and she made sure Daisy knew it.

Sage did
Expected publication: May 25th 2021 by MIRA

To ask other readers questions about The Stepsisters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Stepsisters

Start your review of The Stepsisters
Julia Richardson
Mar 28, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a story of family and working through adversity. Three women, Daisy, Cassidy, and Sage have strained relationship with each other. When they each face hardships, will they pull together or drift farther apart? This was a story of courage, love, and hope. I enjoyed watching how the women handled the circumstances that came their way.
Peggy Jaeger
Apr 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
Blended families come with their own sets of problems and drama. That’s more than evident in Mallery’s new book THE STEPSISTERS.

Daisy, Sage, and Cassidy.

Sage’s mom married Daisy’s dad and that new stepmom had Cassidy. Confusing? Not really. What was a tad confusing to me was the animosity Sage and Cassidy felt for Daisy while they were growing up.

Now all three are adults. They haven’t seen one another is almost 20 years. The old hurts, issues, and dramas unfold when they three of them are thrust
Laura Hill
Apr 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction-womens
Thank you to Harlequin and NetGalley for providing an advance copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. The book will be published on May 25th, 2021.

Another great Susan Mallery book — I like the way she mixes traditional romance tropes (hunky guys and happy endings) with messages about things that are frankly more important: the value of friendship, standing up for yourself, and recognizing that the happy ending you think your due isn’t actually the one you end up getting. While these
ROBIN RUIZ
Apr 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
So a widower named Wallace marries Joanne to give his daughter, Daisy a mom and a sister, Sage.... then together they have Cassidy. A few years later they divorce and the girls don’t remain in touch at all.
Daisy, married ( but separated..maybe ) with two kids and a career she loves, gets a call from her dad that Cassidy has had an accident and needs not only Daisy but also Sages help.
The three slowly put the past behind them and explore where it all went wrong and come out stronger than before.
Kathy
Mar 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
This story drew me in from almost the beginning. It's a study of relationships, between step-sisters, half-sisters, and love interests. It's uplifting in that the 3 women can put the past behind them and become sisters and friends, even though they are bound to mess up, and do. It doesn't give off any warm fuzzies as some pretty awful stuff happens, but there is a lot of food for thought and satisfaction when they see their way through to a future. ...more
Jenn
Feb 20, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, arc
First, where is the book cover here on GR? I had to get it from Edelweiss for my Bookstagram post. And where are the other reviews? This one's been out for a few weeks at Edelweiss.

Daisy's husband has, out if the blue, decided that they need some time apart. But he won't tell her why, just insisting that she knows. Meanwhile, her estranged half sister, Cassidy, has had a terrible accident and their father is insisting she move in with Daisy why she heals. And then, there's Sage. Sage is Daisy's
Wendy W.
Susan Mallery

Five Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Gorgeous Cover for a gorgeous book. As the title implies, this is a book about sisters, and family, and love, and I really enjoyed this one. It’s not a romance and the characters are not perfect, nor do they always do what is right, but this is what made this book real for me, it’s about family.... And family is never straightforward or easy.

Publishers Blub: #1 New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery pens a love story of a different sort…a hea
Janet
Feb 26, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Date reviewed/posted: February 26, 2021
Publication date: May 25, 2021

When life for the entire galaxy and planet has turned on its end, you are continuing to #maskup and #lockdown to be in #COVID19 #socialisolation as the #secondwave is upon us, AND it is a loverly minus 26 degrees, snowy and icy where I am currently stuck living, so superspeed readers like me can read 300+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today.

I requested and received a temporary digital Advance Reader C
Annie
Apr 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
Talk about an emotional roller coaster! These three sisters are really going through it and take you right there with them. Sage's mom and Daisy's dad were married but divorced. They never got along even after their half sister Cassidy was born. Even worse for Daisy was that Cassidy grew up to dislike her too. Now that all three women are adults they meet each other as if for the first time. Cassidy is hurt and needs a place to recover. Daisy takes her in even knowing they don't like each other. ...more
Lisa Konet
This book had a lot going for it initially; sisters that do not like each other, jealousy, complex characters and a great setting. Each sister has her own problem and relationship issue and this puts distance between them and this was messy through the whole book. Some of the characterization of the sisters makes them all unlikeable characters, in my opinion. The few times they all meet up, there is a hope for reconciliation that never happens. It makes you appreciate your relationship(s) with y ...more
Anne
Mar 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
Thanks to HARLEQUIN – Trade Publishing (U.S. & Canada) and Netgalley, I was chosen as an early reviewer!

****Coming May 25, 2021****

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Susan Mallery is spot on when writing about how complicated family relationships can be and how they can affect kids. This time she writes about the ins and out of stepsisters and divorce.

Tabitha
I received an ARC of "The Stepsisters."

Daisy, her former step-sister Sage, and their half-sister Cassidy reconnect in less-than-ideal circumstances. Old wounds are reopened, but also healed as they come to understand their shared past and look to the future. But it doesn't happen without some set backs...

Susan Mallery excels at writing about complex relationships between women (particularly sisters). She gets that women can hurt each other worse than men can. Romance is always secondary, becaus
Judy Christiana
Apr 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: susan-mallery
Susan Mallery is a master storyteller and a reader can never go wrong choosing one of her books to read. Years ago I read my first book by Ms. Mallery and I have read every book she has written since then. The Stepsisters is another emotional journey that had me interested from the first chapter. I cannot say that I have anything in common with these characters, but I soon cared very much about them.

The story revolves around three sisters (step and half) who did not get along well as children a
Danielle Madonna
I won a copy of this book through a Goodreads give away. The Stepsisters will be available May 25, 2021
This is a story about three estranged sisters, Daisy, Cassidy and Sage. A series of events have brought the sisters back in to each others lives. As adults, the sisters are learning to overcome the impact their parents failed marriage had upon them. Their relationships with each other as well as their various romantic relationships. The sisters are slowly making progress in developing a sisterl
Asha
Apr 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Daisy’s life is turned upside down, newly separated with two kids, when her step sister, Sage steps back into her life. Just when she thought Daisy couldn’t handle anything more, her father calls to ask her to take care of Cassidy, her other stepsister because of an accident she was in. Can life get any more complicated for Daisy? Will this accident bring the step sisters closer together and mend their relationship or will it further divide them? This book will have you turning the pages to find ...more
Beth H
Apr 12, 2021 rated it really liked it

I received an advanced copy of this book.

This story focuses on family dynamics and family drama. Daisy, Shay, and Cassidy are a complex mix of half-sisters and stepsisters and have had a tricky history as they grew up and dealt with the tumultuous relationship of their parents. They each have lived very different lifestyles, and have had different experiences with dating and marriage. A series of circumstances bring the three sisters together again, and tensions run high as they begin
Peggy
Mar 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An interesting study on modern families with the twists and turns that come with half-sisters and stepsisters.
Completely disconnected at the start of this story Daisy, Cassidy her half sister and Sage her stepsister come together as adults through some circumstances that are unexpected. Their stories are complex and intertwined.
I enjoyed this book tremendously, I wish it were ongoing. I recommend it.
Evelyn
Apr 18, 2021 rated it liked it
Daisy never could figure out why her stepsisters Sage and Cassidy didn’t like her, but she reconnects with them and learns the importance of having a family that has her back.

Lots of emotional issues here, especially Sage’s mom and Daisy’s husband. Not my fav of Mallery’s books but still a good read. It was a little hard to emphasize with all the rich entitlements that they were taking for granted.
Linda Dossett
Apr 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Family turmoil and drama abound in this newest book. The coming of age for three women, all grown yet each still struggling with their childhood trauma and the constant circling of bad decisions and current situations makes this story excel with keeping the reader involved. One of my top reads this year. Do not miss this one.
Michelle
Mar 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It was full of laughter and love. It makes me wish I had a closer relationship with my sisters. I think this will be the best book that Susan Mallery has written this year. I am grateful that netgalley let me read this in exchange for an honest review.
Heather
Mar 25, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this in one sitting. The evolution of the three women was lovely. My main problem was I’d like to read more about Cassidy and I was disappointed to see Sage’s brief stumble. Her redemption was much more enjoyable than the stumble as she was still flawed without it.
Shanna
Apr 01, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book! Enjoyed the story line and loved seeing the characters unfold and how their relationships evolve. My first book by Susan Mallery, but won't be my last!

Thank you to netgalley for the arc in exchange for an honest review.
Candy
Apr 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Mallery is wonderful when writing about strong female friendships and sisterly bonds. The characters were well developed and mixed well with each other. Perfect as a feel-good read.
Dsbook
Mar 05, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a typical Susan Mallery romance story with lots of drama and family relationships. This is a feel good beach read
Karen Troutman
Cathleen
Feb 27, 2021

• It's Better This Way
  • Legacy
  • When I Found You (Silver Springs, #8)
  • The Bookstore on the Beach
  • Right Behind Her (Bree Taggert, #4)
  • Complications
  • The Therapist
  • Eat Better, Feel Better: My Recipes for Wellness and Healing, Inside and Out
  • Finding Ashley
  • Pack Up the Moon
  • Rebel's Karma (Dark Protectors, #13)
#1 New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery writes heartwarming and humorous novels about the relationships that define women's lives—family, friendship, romance. She's best known for putting nuanced characters into emotionally complex, real-life situations with twists that surprise readers to laughter. Because Susan is passionate about animal welfare, pets play a big role in her books. Bel ...more