Start by marking “The Truth & Addy Loest” as Want to Read:
The Truth & Addy Loest

The Truth & Addy Loest

Truth is not a destination – it’s a magical ride.

Addy Loest is harbouring a secret – several, in fact. Dedicated overthinker, frockaholic and hard-partyer, she’s been doing all she can to avoid the truth for quite some time.

A working-class girl raised between the Port Kembla Steelworks and the surf of the Illawarra coast, Addy is a fish out of water at the prestigious Univ
Expected publication: February 1st 2021 by Jazz Monkey Publications

To ask other readers questions about The Truth & Addy Loest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Truth & Addy Loest

Start your review of The Truth & Addy Loest
Brenda
Addy Loest was almost running late for a lecture when she helped the lady with her parcels and encountered the magical shop she must have walked past a thousand times. And then she really was running late – as she gazed, fascinated, at what was inside. Addy was easily distracted, from uni (the University of Sydney) to beautiful dresses, to alcohol and an excess of it.

Daughter of German immigrants, she and her brother Nick (who was a boxer, for goodness sake!) had been brought up by their widowe
Theresa Smith
Dec 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: aww2020, earcs
This is Kim Kelly’s second contemporary release – I refuse to consider the mid 1980s as historical fiction, no, definitely not yet! – and I have to say, she’s hit a homerun yet again. Not all authors can easily walk from genre to genre, era to era, but it seems for Kim that nothing is out of reach. I think this comes down to the story, the essence of Kim’s work. She’s not writing about an event, with the character’s lives playing out in front of an epic backdrop. Rather, she’s telling a yarn, a ...more
Jodie Maree
Dec 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Kim Kelly has done it again. This story will pull you in from beginning to end. She has obviously poured her heart and soul into this and so much of it rings true for many of us. I’m so very glad I have found this wonderful author and the books she writes. Can’t wait for the next one.
Claire
Wow!

This was a story I didn't want to end.

As I got pulled deeper and deeper into Addy's story, drawing several parallels to some of my own struggles, I wanted to stay there with her as she dealt with those struggles, the stories her brain told her, the encounter with the woman who owned the curiosity shop, beautiful and tender-hearted Dan, her brother Nick and her ever grieving father.

Addy is so like many broken parts of me, so many broken parts of many others, but she shines brightly even as sh
Alison Swann
Jan 20, 2021
‘colourful, evocative and energetic’ – Sydney Morning Herald
‘impressive research’ – Daily Telegraph
‘Why can’t more people write like this?’ – The Age

Kim Kelly is the author of ten novels, including the acclaimed Wild Chicory and bestselling The Blue Mile. Her historical fictions are compelling and whimsical, and driven by strong characters of all kinds.

With warmth and lyrical charm, she leads her

News & Interviews