Start by marking “The Dark Awakening (The Chosen Coven #1)” as Want to Read:
The Dark Awakening (The Chosen Coven #1)

The Dark Awakening

(Chosen Coven #1)

Twilight & The Vampire Diaries fans will love this series!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ "I was constantly on the edge of my seat."

Mercy knows what true pain is—she’s lived with it since her high school graduation when someone drove a knife into her chest. She’s taken comfort in knowing they're locked away, but now, months later, a new threat lurks in the shadows—a stalker—and he’s watching he
Kindle Edition, Second Edition
Published August 31st 2020 by Fifth Element Publishing (first published October 2nd 2018)

To ask other readers questions about The Dark Awakening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dark Awakening

Start your review of The Dark Awakening (The Chosen Coven #1)
Danielle's
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Audiobook re-read. The Dark Awakening is really good as an audio listen. The narrator is engaging and it enhances the pace. 4/4.5 stars.

Mercy doesn’t like to be touched. Not even by her best friend who is in love with her. The events in her past haunt her. Unfortunately for her, she’s running out of time. Her past and future are about to collide. Everyone has secrets but what if you couldn’t remember yours?

Caleb is a stranger. One who seems to be there when she needs someone, but maybe there i
Rayne ♥

Yet again, I find myself in the minority.

I was so excited to read this, but it turned out to be a huge let-down. All of the characters were super flat, if the mc was to be murdered at any moment, I would not feel a thing. The main character was a complete Mary Sue, and honestly, so was everyone else. All of the “plot twists” I saw a mile away, and nothing really surprised or intrigued me in this story.

The romance was just not done right. I don’t want to include any spoilers, but
Paula Terrado
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Irma *Irma The Book Whisperer*
To slay a monster; you might need to become a monster.

What a story! I loved it! Kept me reading deep into the night! I was really drawn in by the writing from the first instance. And it's action packed. Which I loved. A lot. It started out as something, but turned completely into something else. The wow factor did not escape me.
This book is an absolute must-read, it kept me on the edge of my seat from beginning to end. I can not wait for the next book.

Tobyann Aparisi
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won this book from Goodreads (Kindle version) for an honest review.

I could not put this book down this was a book of great story telling. The characters are well written, the scenery so real and fresh. The story itself is original and new. I thouroughly enjoyed this story and found it to be a page turner. It is rare to find a new story line in this genre. However, I feel this author has touched on a fresh concept here and I look forward to reading more from this author.
Barb VanderWel
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this & I can't wait for more.
I will be also leaving a review on Goodreads @ Amazon.
And letting everyone know about it.
So i gave it a 5 Stars.
Shiny  Jain
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Dark Awakening is a A Paranormal Vampire Series (Second Edition). The novel is full of mystery and secrets and I love reading such type of stories.

There are some good twist and turns in the story. It is a story about trust issues being faced by Mercy who also possesses some magical powers. Mercy has never quite fit into her life but when her own mother attempts to kill her, she struggles to deal with the after effects and the fact that her life begins changing at a rapid rate. Decisions she
PelicanFreak
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would never in a million years have guessed that this is Blade’s debut novel because it’s done right and it’s done well. The reader gets to know the main character and her world pretty well before she discovers she’s a witch and witches, vampires, etc. are real. Even before she discovers life isn’t what she thought it was, her life’s fairly complicated so there’s never a dull moment.

Character development is fantastic with advanced characters throughout, who are complex and true to themselves.
Patricia Camille
Lets start with how the story was written. It was clear, smooth and superb! Everything was direct to the point and you fast paced! The way they build the whole universe for this story was fantastic, you can feel that you are part of it and you can see the characters movements. (Like, I can still feel Caleb's eyes looking at me as if I am Mercy. God!😂).
The whole plot was also splendid! At first I thought that its just the ordinary teenage girl who lives in a life full of lies and who will lead a
Natalie
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow what an amazing read!
I was sent this by the author for an honest review.
I cannot stop thinking about this book. Such a fantastic cast of characters, and an amazing plot and story. The ending left me breathless and i cannot wait to read book 2 in the series!
Emma Luna
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-read
Book: The Dark Awakening (The Chosen Coven Book 1)
Author: D.L. Blade
Rating: 4.5 Stars
Reviewer: emmasromanticreviews17 on Facebook
Note: I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This is the first book in a fantastic paranormal series. It is full of witches, vampires, demons and werewolves. This book will pull you in to a whole new world and leave you craving so much more. You are guaranteed to be taken on a rollercoaster ride of emotions as you dive further into this fantastic paranorm
Tiffany
May 03, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Witches, vampires, werewolves, what more could I want? I love the supernatural, I love getting lost in a fast paced story with compelling characters or meandering my way through slow paced, character driven, world heavy tome. This book sadly doesn't belong in either category.

There is an attempt to give our characters history (all tragic) but it falls flat and is hollow at best. Our main character is the typical Mary Sue but she is incredibly bland and one dimensional.

The story overall was disa
Clare
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love a good paranormal book and i have to say this was so much more than good, From page 1 i really enjoyed this and i liked Mercy as a character, she felt real to me and Diana did such a great job writing her. Caleb drove me crazy lol i wanted to punch him for how he was being. Over the story was great and flowed so well there wasn't any part i didn't like and i cannot wait to read more. ...more
Coco.V
Apr 13, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/13/2019)! 🎁
Rivka
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I’m sorry. My 14 year old self might have liked this but my 24 year old just rolled her eyes 10k time too many 🙄
Elizabeth Galindo
First of all, I loved this book!
It was such a quick read (which are my favorite kinds). I was sucked into the plot from page one and couldn't get enough of this story. It was stunning to think this was D.L. Blades first novel. Her writing is fabulous. I loved the clear picture that was painted of the life of Mercy. The descriptions and language of the book flowed making this such a fantastic story. There were so many plot twists and don’t even get me started on the love triangle.
I highly recom
Nichole Duncan
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If your definitely into paranormal reads then this is the book for you! Scratch that, this is the series for you. It’s a good quick read that will keep you wanting more. That’s the only downside, there are only three books. I’m hoping the story continues as I’m not ready to let go of the characters just yet.
PamG
I received this kindle e-book through a Goodreads Giveaway. It was a paranormal suspense book with some interesting plot twists and turns. There are secrets, witches, vampires, werewolves, romance and more combined in a suspense novel that does have a cliff hanger. Overall, this was an enjoyable book with an original story line. The book was well written and kept me engaged throughout. It is more geared to a YA audience but older readers can enjoy it too.
Myriam
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dl-blade
This was an interesting, exciting and engaging book with an incredible amount of stuff happening. I had high expectations for some reason, and the author did not disappoint. This is a new author and I loved her so much that I added her to my favourites immediately.
The author's writing is really good, complex, and full of new ideas. There is  an epic ending, complex plot, and the author explores human relationships and self sacrifice, as well as repercussions of selfish actions/choices and bad de
Patricia
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Welcome to East Greenwich a town where the town is riddled with secrets . Mercy is surviving after being attacked by her mother and almost dying . Where a mysterious man is on the fringe keeping her safe . After Mercy is in a horrible accident her mystery man saves her and changes her life and finally sets straight the dreams that Mercy has . But when she finds out her past she has to work through the lies . betrayal and the evil forces that are trying to take her and kill her . Will they survi ...more
Desdemona
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you like romantic plots that are kind of messy, this book is for you. I found the constant choices between all the guys for Mercy to be sort of long-suffering and a little dull, but I'm not big on overarching romantic plots.

What I did like, however, and why I rate this book highly: is the plot. The Salem Witch plot is something I have always found overdone and, frankly, a little irritating, but D.L Blades spin on this left me wanting more. There are so many players in this book and people be
Cindy Fong
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, This was an intense story from beginning to end. It had all of the elements to keep me engaged. I love visiting the PNR world and this story has witches, vampires, werewolves and demons (oh my!).

Mercy and her friends learn that there is much more to the world then what they originally believed which then makes them question everything. This is a great start to a series that I hope will continue. Mercy has a deep rooted strength and is determined to continue her life's supernatural goal. I w
Sierra Winfield
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was absolutely fantastic. Probably one of my new favorites. I couldn't put this book down. Normally I can pick out my favorite part from a book, but this one I can't since the whole thing was just an amazing read. ...more
Kessy's
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Genre: Supernatural, Young Adult

Book blurb:

East Greenwich may be a small town, but it is riddled with secrets. Mercy knows this more than most – she still suffers from the scars. The trauma from the ultimate betrayal has caused her to keep her distance from everyone she holds dear. A stranger who lingers in her subconscious seems to be the exception to the rule. His comfort is a refreshing distraction from her tormented fears.

Unbeknownst to her; the past is weaving its dark web, waiting to strik
Michelle VanDaley
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My review is based on the audioook. As a first in series this book did a great job laying the groundwork and introducing the reader to the characters. The narrator did well bringing the story to life. I would like more character depth but overall this was a good start of series
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great 1st book of series

Plenty of action and adventure. Plot between the 2 main characters seemed a little rushed though. I would be interested in the other characters lives too.
Mandy Barnes
Pages: 250
Genre: Paranormal Suspense
Rating: 5 stars
Reviewed by Mandy for Janise’s’ Jivin’ Book Blog

Your life is not always your own, sometimes it may belong to someone else or to a past you don’t remember. But your memories are locked away for a reason only for you to discover your true self and to break free and be who you truly are meant to be.

Mercy always thought she didn’t belong in this life, like she was meant for more, sh
Sarah 🌺 Books in Their Natural Habitat
The Dark Awakening came out earlier this month (October 2018) and is D. L. Blade's premiere in the writing world! I personally feel like October was a great month for this month to come out during because it's got elements you think of around Halloween. I'm talking a coven of witches who team up with a couple of werewolves to fight off those vampire jerks.
It all starts with Mercy, who recently graduated high school and is trying to figure out who the heck she is and deal with everything after h
Erin Scorpio
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first time reading this author. Her debut book was awesome! I had won a signed paperback copy through a contest, but decided i couldn't wait and bought a Kindle copy. I read the synopsis and thought it would be something I would enjoy. I especially loved the setting, East greenwich, RI. (I live about 40 minutes away. It takes place there and in Salem, Ma.
Mercy is a young woman, fresh out of high school. She had an experience with her mom which left her uncomfortable with touch, even
Mary Dean
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am so excited about this series. This is the debut novel from D.L. Blade and I am already obsessed. This book has it all: suspense, action, romance, friendship, heartbreak, mystery and all the elements to hook the reader from start to finish. This is the story of Mercy who thinks she is a normal girl. Well besides the fact that her mom just tried to kill her! Turns out her soul is a centuries old witch. And that's just where the surprises start. Her life gets turned upside down once she meets ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Any questions? 1 4 Nov 03, 2018 10:48AM

• Looking for Dei (The Godseeker Duet, #1)
  • Gift of the Gods (Magic Blessed Academy, #1)
  • Stealing Embers (Fallen Legacies, #1)
  • The Language Thieves
  • Firecracker (Arcturus Academy, #1)
  • Bet The Farm
  • Their Tygress
  • The Secret Guests
  • Love's Changing Tides
  • Auctioned To The Alphas (Love's Hollow Auctions #2)
  • The Curses (The Graces, #2)
  • Over and Under the Snow
  • Close Match
  • Glass Heart
  • A Savage Spell (A Nix Trilogy)
  • Hating You (Blackthorn Elite #1)
  • Soulless (Detyen Warriors, #1)
  • Spellcaster Academy: Magical Realism, Episode 1
D.L. Blade grew up in southern California, but relocated to Colorado with her family in 2014.

She always loved writing, concentrating on poetry rather than prose when she was younger. That changed however, when she had a dream one night and decided to create a story about it.

In her spare time, D.L. enjoys a wide variety of hobbies, including reading, and attending rock concerts. She also enjoys vi

Chosen Coven (3 books)
  • The Dark Underworld: A Paranormal Vampire Series (The Chosen Coven #2)
  • The Dark Deliverance: A Paranormal Vampire Series (The Chosen Coven #3)