Start by marking “Charity (Black Mountain Academy)” as Want to Read:
Charity (Black Mountain Academy)

Charity

(Black Mountain Academy)

Corby King’s skill on the ice was the only reason he ended up switching schools his senior year. He was being scouted by pro hockey teams, and his new foster dad thought Corby was the key to the Cougars winning a state championship.

Cutting through red tape was easy when you had money to burn, but Corby didn’t complain. Playing for his rival team was a small price to pay f
Kindle Edition
Published November 16th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Charity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charity

Start your review of Charity (Black Mountain Academy)
♡Tonya♡
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Safe sports story you say? Yes, please! Finding a safe story with a hero involved in any sport is like finding a unicorn. So when I find one, i gobble it up and it leaves me wanting more. I could have kept reading more about this couple.

HERO Corby was so great. Being in the foster system could have made him bitter and angry but he was thankful for all of the things people did for him. He was so devoted to Emme and I just swooned over him. Protective, loving and always was considerate of her. Gr
Jami
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Owwww what can I say about this book!!! I absolutely LOVED it!!! Finding a safe sports book is rare and when I find one, it’s hard to put down. Corby was determined to keep Emme no matter the obstacles he had to go through. Emme may have started out shy, but with Corby by her side, she grew the confidence that she needed to stand by his side through it all. Gosh I didn’t want them to end!!

Safe read
h virgin
H celibate but not a MH
No om/ow drama
No sexual abuse past or present
Epilogue 6 years out
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Rochelle Paige never fails to make me swoon and fall so hard for her books and characters, no matter the genre or circumstances. Well in this newest beauty she takes it back to high school and y'all, this might be the swooniest Black Mountain Academy book I have read to date. Throw in loads of heat, so much goodness, and touches of suspense and you have quite the addicting, fast-paced little romance.

Charity is a new standalone in this what's becoming a new favorite of mine series and jus
Elyse Kelly
Nov 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A perfectly sweet romance!

This sweet hockey romance was just what I needed! No angst, no drama, just a lighthearted romance about two high school sweethearts.

Why can’t all high school boys be like Corby? Life had definitely handed him a difficult hand, but then he was given an amazing opportunity to attend a prestigious school to play hockey. And there he met the love of his life.

Emme is sweet, kind, caring, and generous. Beautiful but shy, she steered clear of the typical high school experien
Marcie
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One thing I love about series like the Black Mountain Academy series - reading stories from authors I didn’t know about.... Rochelle being one those authors. Rochelle drew me into Emme and Corby’s story and kept me there until the heart meltingly sweet ending. This is a low drama, low angst romance and I honestly loved every minute.
Karin
Nov 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a very sweet story and different then the other Black Mountain Academy stories I’ve read. Emmeline and Corby have a instant connection when they meet and in that moment Corby knew he found the love of his life. Emmeline is so sweet and kind you can’t help but love her and Corby wasn’t what you initially think he will be, she was his everything.
Fiona Fog
Rochelle hit it out of the park, delivering a read that kept me glued to the screen from start to find.

The characters, particularly our two leads were fantastic. They weren't pretentious they were relatable and likeable. For me that is an absolute must.

The read was easy, it moved continuously and I LOVED that there was no pointless drama added. No cheating, no injuries, and no messy breakups.

Emmeline was sweet and just a regular girl. None of the flighty self absorbed girls that seem to consta
Caroline F
Sweet, sexy and feel-good. Such a lovely couple!

"Her shyness was a f*cking turn-on. I loved knowing I got to see a side of her no other guy did."

Emmeline Cushing is the shy, sweet girl who has been ogling her new neighbour all summer. When she ends up being his guide on his first day at school, she can't quite believe that he seems interested in her.

Corby King is living the dream. He's landed on his feet and he's not taking anything for granted. He's determined to stay focused and make his hock
Paula  Phillips
Dec 09, 2020 rated it liked it

This particular one I was in two minds about as I did love the main storyline but then they chucked into another plot that we see happening in a future book and it just to be honest felt out of place and it was like we are going to chuck in this whammy OMG moment but only gloss over it. Charity starts with Corby King our male hero growing up in the foster care system after his mum died and his father in prison. Corby has had one thing that he worked on and made a name out of himself, his amazing
Carrie
Nov 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about a high school romance. There are certain things I enjoy about characters that can sometimes be lacking in HS stories (maturity, for example; also HS stories can sometimes bring miles of angst, which is just not my jam!). Since I trust this author's writing, those things weren't an issue in this instance, thankfully!

Emmeline is sweet & shy in the beginning, and she doesn't lose any of the sweetness as the story progresses, but she does come into her bac
Stital
Nov 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I absolutely adore this book, it made my heart so happy.

I loved everything about this book.
Emme is the sweet and shy girl, and even though she comes out of her shell during the book, she doesn't change herself for anyone, doesn't lose any of her sweetness and kindheartedness just to fit in. It's not a Cinderella story or a "she's all that" remake, Emme is perfect in Corby's eyes just the way she is, scrunchy and glasses included.
Corby is just a genuinely nice guy. It's so lovely and refreshing
Nancy VanSpunky Reads
Nov 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've got to say I loved this story by Rochelle. I'm loving the Black Mountain Academy books! Corby is a pretty amazing hockey player who ends up going to Black Mountain Academy because his new foster family wanted him on the team. What he didn't expect was Emmeline Cushing, or Emme. I think it was love at first sight for both of them, but Emme was shy. They become friends and then slowly boyfriend and girlfriend. He is infinitely patient with her and she is the sweetest person he's ever known. W ...more
Kari Hansen
Nov 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Corby has had to endure a lot of change in his life but his one constant has been hockey so when his foster family advises that his dreams of a future in hockey could be enhanced by attending Black Mountain Academy he isn’t about to say no.

Emme is a person that anyone would be lucky to have as a friend. From their first meeting they are drawn to each other and aren’t about to let anyone or anything come between them.

The way that Corby and Emme support each other proves how perfect they are for
michelle Shelly
Nov 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cute ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Charity is a sweet cute read. I loved the characters Emme and Corby. He’s a kid from foster care that has a chance to go to an elite private school. His character has been a relief. I love getting stories about genuine nice guys and that exactly what Corby is.
Emmeline is the sweet, innocent rich girl who has captured his attention. Together they make an amazing couple. I really enjoyed this book and definitely recommend it.
Angelica Haney
Jan 17, 2021 rated it liked it
This book just didn’t do much for me. I thought the beginning of the book was super cute but it doesn’t ever develop past that and cute with no conflict isn’t really the scene I go for in my romances. Also once the characters got intimate the book went down hill pretty fast for me.

I will say that I did really enjoy all of the hockey scenes!!
Liz Booker
Nov 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wow that book was so sweet I got a toothache! 4 stars
Sandy Nikolas
Nov 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really sweet, kind of a slow burn, high school romance. Emme and Corby come from two different worlds. Great story about family and the choices we make when standing for what we believe in.
Denice
Charity (Black Mountain Academy) by Rochelle Paige ⭐⭐⭐⭐

HERO - Corby King. High school senior and hockey player. Tall, broad-shouldered, and muscular with blond hair that’s a little on the longer side, crystal-blue eyes, and lightly tanned skin.

HEROINE - Emmeline Cushing. High school senior. Height-wise, is 8-9 inches shorter than Corby. Curvy with dark brunette hair and pretty brown eyes.

OVERALL THOUGHTS - I loved both Corby and Emmeline as individual characters as well as them as a couple! Ho
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Nov 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Charity by Rochelle Paige is part of the Black Mountain series. The Black Mountain series is a multi-author series of standalone books. Corby has been in the foster system for while. He's a great high school hockey player. For his senior year, he gets a new foster family and attends Black Mountain Academy. Black Mountain Academy is full of rich kids which is not what Corby is. He meets Emme at school. Emme is a shy sweet girl. Her mother is not very nice. Corby takes an immediate liking to her. ...more
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
*Ku Read

Rochelle Paige wrote a 'high school' story that had very adult-like characters and no huge drama. Jealousy of a good relationship took place in this story but that is to be found anywhere. Corby and Emme are a great set of characters and deserve their happy ever after.

I enjoyed this story and recommend it greatly.

Blog: http://myfantasylandblog.com/
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/fantasylandblog
Twitter: https://twitter.com/fantasylandblog
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/f
Yoneidis Martín Martínez
Corby is a boy who is in foster care after he lost his parents. His mother died in a car accident and his father is in jail. His salvation is hockey, a sport in which he excels so much that a family from Black Mountain is willing to let him with them during his last year of high school.
On his first day as a BMA student he meets Emme, the girl who will change his life forever.
Emme is his neighbor but she’s so shy that she hasn’t dared to introduce herself in all summer.
On the first day of school,
Rain
Dec 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great sweet story by a new to me author!

I really loved this. I was in the mood for a sweet story, to break up the dark ones I’ve been reading lately. This is exactly what I needed. From the moment Colby meets Emme, he only has eyes for her. Before that he has never really had a girlfriend (middle school I believe) partly it seems because he is so committed to hockey and he has moved around a lot. Emme is really shy and sticks to her two best friends. While she hadn’t physically been bullied, she
Archana
Nov 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ria  | Abstract ♥ Books

ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

line

"Charity" is a Standalone book of the "Black Mountain Academy" series by the author Rochelle L. Paige. Told in dual perspectives , get ready to enter this twisted academy of lies and wonders once again!

I am so sooo obsessed with this series that it's borderline pathetic!! I mean I jump straight into these books , consequences be damned and then what is the best part is that I love each and every one of them!

Corby and Emmy were amazing! This
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
All Corby King has ever wanted to do is play hockey, and do it well enough to catch the eye of scouts and earn himself a ticket to college. When his foster dad suggests that he switch schools and play for his rival team to get himself closer to a high school championship and that full ride scholarship he has his reservations, but decides it's probably his best shot at his dream. Going to a new school has him a little nervous, that is, until he meets Emmeline Cushing... it doesn't take long after ...more
Ashley Estep The Art of Reading
Charity is a different take on Black Mountain Academy. What I was expecting and what I got were two different things. Charity is a sweet, hockey romance.

Corby and Emme are not at all what I had planned on reading. Corby is sweet, and caring and perfect. Emme is sweet, caring, and kind. It's absolutely no surprised these two found each other. They are extremely relatable and their down to earth personalities just made me love them more.

Paige delivers a well-written, sweet, light hearted romance
Deborah Kurniawan
4 SWEETEST ★★★★

~Corby King & Emmeline "Emme" Cushing~

My first read of Rochelle Paige and what a sweet read this is!
Corby has been in the foster system since he lost his mom. Even though he has to deal with such a situation, he keeps aiming high. Until he gets an opportunity to uproot his life at Black Mountain Academy where he meets Emme.

Corby is hands down one of the sweetest H ever written. Not only sweet but his determination and perseverance to make a better life for him are also qualities I
2OCC Reviews
Shelves: gemma
This was a sweet romance read about two characters that come from two different worlds. I really loved this story and the way that the characters got together. I also enjoyed the ebay that the main characters were relatable and likable.

Emmeline was an incredible sweet teenager that was trying to navigate her way through high school as best she could. She was a sweet and caring character that was genuinely nice to everyone.

Corby, I absolutely loved and I really enjoyed the way he was a sweet an
Misty Schott
Nov 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved Corby and Emme's story.

Corby has been in foster care since his mother's death four years ago. He loves hockey and is a very good center on his high school hockey team. He gets a chance of a lifetime when a rich couple, the Whitneys, decides to foster him his senior year so he can play for Black Mountain Academy. William Whitney is a huge hockey can even played himself when he was in school and he recognizes Corby's talent and wants to give him a chance at his dreams. Corby meets Emmeline "
Amber
Nov 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book..

I don't usually write reviews but when I do its because they deserve it.. I absolutely loved this book.. Corby and Emme's story is absolutely fantastic.. I had been in a horrible book slump for awhile and nothing was holding my attention but this book had it from the beginning.. I absolutely love good sweet love stories and this definitely it.. This is first book I've read from this author and I will definitely read more of hers if their anything like this!! If you
Romance Retreat: Steamy high school romance with a hockey hottie! 3 15 Nov 16, 2020 08:52AM
Romance Retreat: Charity: Black Mountain Academy Teaser 1 6 Nov 13, 2020 05:53AM

• Taken at Midnight
  • 126 Secret Ln: A Cherry Falls Romance
  • Santa Material
  • 119 Kitty Lane: A Cherry Falls Romance Book 3
  • Her Mate: Badlands Territory/Shifted Love Crossover
  • Stealing His Bride (Blushing Brides, #3)
  • Cuffed For Love
  • 209 Wedding Lane: A Cherry Falls Romance Book 6
  • True Love
  • His to Keep
  • Her Fate
  • The Recluse
  • Christmas Carol (Mistletoe Montana, #15)
I absolutely adore reading - always have and always will. My friends growing up used to tease me when I would trail after them, trying to read and walk at the same time. If I have downtime, odds are you will find me reading or writing.

I am the mother of two wonderful sons who have inspired me to chase my dream of being an author. I want them to learn from me that you can live your dream as long as

Black Mountain Academy (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Deviant (Black Mountain Academy)
  • She's Mine (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Not My Hero (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Pretty When She Cries (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Rowdy Boy (Black Mountain Academy)
  • A Lesson in Blackmail (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Ruthless (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Hate Me
  • The Pretender (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Untamed King (Black Mountain Academy)