Start by marking “Still as Death A Lucky Whiskey Mystery” as Want to Read:
Still as Death A Lucky Whiskey Mystery

Still as Death A Lucky Whiskey Mystery

When it comes to murder, sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good . . .

When she’s not busy dodging the killer alligators and small-town gossip of Gett, Florida, Charlotte Lucky has her hands full keeping the family distillery up and running and planning her grandfather’s seventy-fifth birthday celebration. Then an arrogant old flame from her Hollywood days comes to town
ebook
Published August 25th 2020 by Midnight Ink

To ask other readers questions about Still as Death A Lucky Whiskey Mystery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Still as Death A Lucky Whiskey Mystery

Start your review of Still as Death A Lucky Whiskey Mystery
Rekha
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I did not like (as much as I wanted to) the first book in the series but this one's surely a very impressive addition to the series.
First things first, the people of Gett have finally 'forgiven' Charlotte for painting the overhead tank green. They also seem to have forgotten Charms' role as a seductive girlfriend in an STD commercial. (Phew!)
There are two mysteries for Charms and Brodie to solve. Both the mysteries are equally interesting and kept me guessing until the end. We also see Charms an
Elizabeth
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Because I was fortunate to read the first book in this series, this book was alive for me from start to finish. The characters were even more developed than in the first installment of this series and the story was more fleshed out.

Thank you to NetGalley and Beyond the Page Publishing for the opportunity to read and provide an honest review of this book.
Kristin
Aug 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Still as Death was an entertaining read with fleshed out characters and an interesting setting due to the whiskey distilleries, even if I suspect it's rare to find two whiskey distilleries in a small Florida town (if it was rural Kentucky, I think it would be more plausible). Still as Death has a faster pace than the first book in this series and I found it fun to read how the relationship between Brodie and Charlie developed.

It's an easy read and well suitable to read during the summer.
Lisa Morin
Sep 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in this series and I enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed the first book. It’s interesting to learn about distilleries and the story was easy enough to read in a weekend.
Cherry London
Feb 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Charlotte almost turned me against her, when she allowed herself to get railroaded by Marcus’s and his shenanigans. Brodie and Charlotte made a hilarious couple, making me thirsty for more of them. This was an entertaining, intriguing, and fun read, especially the bantering and seething attraction between Brodie and Charlotte.
Randee Green
Sep 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Charlotte Lucky is throwing a surprise birthday party for her grandfather, but she is the one who receives the real surprise when her ex-boyfriend, semi-famous actor Marcus Savage, makes an unexpected appearance. As if that’s not shocking enough, in the middle of Marcus proposing to her, the town’s banker drops over dead and faceplants into the cake. Finding herself accidently engaged, Charlotte is trying to figure out a way out of her predicament when someone does it for her. Unfortunately for ...more
Susan Johnston
Nov 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Princess Fuzzypants here: I read and reviewed the first book in the series last week and loved it. Taking care of her ailing grandfather and trying to save the family whiskey business proves challenge enough for Charlotte without having to be caught up in murder investigations. The head cop is one of the Gett family with whom her Lucky family has been embroiled in generational feuds- both being whiskey distillers in the Florida Everglades. He clearly does not like Charlotte. He likes her less wh ...more
Ppcfransen
Still as Death is the second instalment in the Lucky Whiskey Mystery series. I requested it as an ARC from NetGalley before I had read the first in the series. Which is a bit of a risk. As it turned out, I didn’t like the first book. So with some hesitation I picked up the second book.

It’s a few months after the events of the first book. Charlotte throws a surprise birthday party for the granddad and Marcus Savage shows up in town. Savage is a hot shot actor and former boyfriend of Charlotte. An
Cynthia Moore
Aug 29, 2020 rated it liked it
This second installment in the Lucky mysteries has Charlotte involved in the murder of her ex boyfriend from Hollywood. I thought it weird that he was referred to as from Hollywood and not LA. This book overall came across as flat and uneffective to me. I could never get a good feeling of the town or the people in it. There were few extra characters to add to the story line. Sometimes these extraneous people are what make the quirks of a story come alive but not this one. It felt as if the autho ...more
Monica C
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In Still as Death by J.A. Kazimer, Charlotte Lucky "Charms" is settling back into life in Gett, Florida. Grandpa Jack is turning 75 and the town turns out to celebrate. Charlotte's former flame, the famous Marcus Savage, arrives in town and proposes to Charms. Before she knows what is happening a death takes place, stealing Marcus's thunder and putting an end to Jack's celebration. When Marcus is found dead, Charlotte and "Grodie" Brodie Gett team up again to solve another murder.

I enjoyed catc
FMSWarrior
Aug 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Charlotte Lucky’s ex boyfriend arrives from Hollywood and she is shocked to see him, as she thought they were over when she left him to head home for good. Before she knows it, Charlotte is accidentally engaged to Marcus and can’t seem to break it off...or get the ring off her hand. When Marcus is found murdered in his hotel room though, the engagement is finally off...while Charlotte and Brodie are both on the suspect list.

I enjoyed reading the first book in the series early last year and was t
Stephanie Dagg
Dec 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is book two in a series which got off to an excellent start with 'A Shot of Murder'. This book is even better!

Charms and Brodie, our lead characters, are really developing and the erratic chemistry between them is wonderful to witness. They either gel nicely or spark off each other, there are no half measures!

The pace is brisk, the wit dry, the action intriguing and the plot ingenious.
Absolutely one for any cozy lover.
Roxanne Spencer
Aug 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Book 2 in the Lucky Whiskey series, and the added age is as good for the series as it is for whiskey. Charlotte Lucky is surprised when her former Hollywood boyfriend shows up in Gett, Florida to ask for her hand in marriage, and then even more surprised when he turns up dead. Of course, she is forced to accept the help of Grodie Brodie Gett to clear her name. Fun summertime reading!

Thanks to Beyond the Page Publishing for access to a digital ARC via NetGalley.
Sandra Berryman
Aug 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Continuing the adventures of Charlotte, this second book in this series is just as good, if not better, than the first one. A cozy mystery with a twist, you might want to sit down with this book along with a good bourbon or whisky. I received an e-book from NetGalley in return for an unbiased review.
Anna Fox
Sep 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the mystery, not sure why Charlotte is so oblivious to Brodie's intentions. I do like the interactions of all the different town's folks and Charlotte & her grandfather's relationship. This is the second book in the series and did like it more than the first.

Thank you to the author, publisher and NetGalley for my eARC in exchange for an honest review.
Annarella
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I think this instalment is better than the first in this series and I liked Charlotte better.
It's a highly enjoyable and entertaining read, the cast of characters is fleshed and the solid mystery kept me guessing.
Can't wait to read the next instalment.
Highly recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine
Karen Fan
Aug 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I need these two to get together already! Besides that, I greatly enjoyed this book and the series is definitely a new favourite of mine; can’t wait to see what happens next! But seriously, just have them get together already, they can keep bantering even if they’re together!
Barb Foerst
Aug 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Charlotte Lucky is surprised to have her Hollywood boyfriend show up to her grandfather’s birthday party. She’s even more surprised to find him dead the next morning.

I enjoyed this 2nd mystery in the Lucky Whiskey series. I enjoy the characters and there’s a surprise ending.
Sandy
Aug 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
I enjoyed this more than the first book. It was faster paced and there were enough twists to keep me guessing.
Danielle Bush
Sep 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love a good cozy mystery and this is definitely one of those.
This is the second book in this series and I have really enjoyed both of them. I loved the small town of Getts Flordia, the residents, especially Charlotte and Brodie.
I mean whats not to love about a small flordia town, 2 rival whisky distilleries, alligators, and a town that keeps having murders?
Also a fiercly loyal granddaughter and a town that never forgot that she painted the watertower in highschool, and wont let her forget it
Carol
Sep 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd book in this series and it's thoroughly enjoyable. The characters are developing nicely and the storyline is well written. There's plenty of humor in this cozy and the setting is great. I love the 2 rival whiskey distilleries, its great fun! ...more
Chris gerst
Deedee
Sep 17, 2020
Jen (The Jenerator)
Sep 18, 2020

• On Borrowed Crime (Jane Doe Book Club Mystery, #1)
  • Grounds for Murder (A Coffee Lover's Mystery, #1)
  • A Curious Incident (Sherlock Holmes Bookshop Mystery, #6)
  • The Malt in Our Stars (Literary Pub Mystery, #3)
  • Without a Brew (Sloan Krause #4)
  • Death, Dismay and Rosé (A Wine Trail Mystery #6)
  • Death in Tranquility (The Bartender's Guide to Murder, #1)
  • Open for Murder (A Happy Camper Mystery, #1)
  • Cake Popped Off (Cupcake Catering Mystery Book 2)
  • The Gift of the Magpie (Meg Lanslow, #28)
  • A Garland of Bones
  • The Corpse Who Knew Too Much (A Food Blogger Mysteries, #4)
  • Hiss H for Homicide (Nick and Nora Mystery, #4)
  • Hollyberry Homicide (A Berry Basket Mystery Book 5)
  • A Whisker of a Doubt (Cat Cafe Mystery, #4)
  • Berried Motives(Cranberry Cove # 6)
  • Absence of Alice (Sarah Winston Garage Sale #9)
  • Gobble, Gobble Murder (Lucy Stone #7 & #24)
J.A. (Julie) Kazimer lives in Denver, CO. When she isn't looking for a place to hide the bodies, she spends her time with a pup named Killer. Other hobbies include murdering houseplants and avoiding housework.

She spent a few years as a bartender and then wasted another few years stalking people while working as a private investigator before transitioning to the moniker of WRITER and penning over