Start by marking “Please Pick Me” as Want to Read:
Please Pick Me

Please Pick Me

In a garden of a thousand other volumes, my little yellow book with its earnest plea and hopeful flowers on the cover sits waiting for you to pick it up. It's got a heart it wants to give away.

These haikus, poems, and prose pieces are about

the miracle of being wanted back by someone we want,
the desperation of hoping they'll fight harder when they waver,
the rawness of seeki
Expected publication: November 11th 2020 by Moonchild Press Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Please Pick Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Please Pick Me

Start your review of Please Pick Me
Beatrice Masaluñga
Sep 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, poetry
ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.

Please Pick Me has a great emotional impact. This poetry collection has the common themes such as self-love, pain, abuse, longing, self-worth, toxic relationships etc. Yet, it makes me say "Hey, I felt that" on majority of the poems. Some hit hard and it's difficult to hold back my tears (especially when I've read call abuse abuse -- this one is my favorite prose btw). Realizations came into my mind and as I grow older, I learned it's okay to
rhi ✰
Just from the dedication I knew this was going to be the book for me. In the foreword, Reina talks about that feeling of being wanted, and how it’s in all of us. Even this reads like poetry, and it captured my feelings in such a gorgeously heartbreaking way. Please Pick Me is a collection for anyone who has ever felt like they wanted someone so badly, for anyone who has loved and loved and loved, for anyone who has given so much only for it to be snatched away – and this is something we can all ...more
Angele
Sep 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Respect is a meal I can make for myself; and if I can't sit at their table; with my lunchbox of love; then I'm perfectly happy eating alone."

I would like to say thank you to Reina for sending out an ARC to me of her newest book baby, and I'm so proud and excited for her to put out something she worked hard on for everyone else to read! #supportfilipinoauthors #supportindieauthors

Please Pick Me is a collection of poems and short stories that explore emotional themes of young love, abandonmen
Lenn (Dustypromises)
Sep 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, arc, ebooks
I was given an e-ARC of this book by Reina Regina in exchange for an honest review.

"...if a reader lives a thousand lives, then the thousand heroines in me would gladly belong in a thousand happily-ever-afters with the thousand heroes in you."
- It Is Written, Reina Regina

First of all, I would like to thank Reina for entrusting me an ARC of her first ever book. I was so thrilled when she told me and I have nothing but love and support for thing beautiful girl inside-out. I truly hope nothing but
Elena ( The Queen Reads )
Oct 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
"They said, Never make homes out of people. But you're the only home i've ever known."

Ahhh it hits so close to the hard and the words were perfectly woven together. Reina was kind enough to approach me to review her work but I was in such a bad place I just read it now and it was glorious. 😍 Highly recommended 💕
Kristy Mauna
"sometimes finding our way
means
drifting apart from people

and we can keep fighting for it
or fighting it
but it won't change
that things are changing

growing apart is still growth"

Please Pick Me is a collection of poetry by Reina Regina, and it's full of so much emotion. When I'm feeling down and need something uplifting to read I always find my way to poetry collections, and Reina's was exactly what I needed.

It's sorted by different sections of passages and I felt as if I was walking down memory
Reese
Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First of all, I’d like to give a huge thank you to Reina Regina for allowing me to read an ARC of her book, and to review it! It’s my first time reading an ARC of a kapwa Filipina’s work and it’s absolutely beautiful!!

This book was the only thing that kept me going through online classes. It’s not uncommon to have self worth and self importance as the main theme in poetry. However, what made this book extra special is the way it was written. Even just reading the Foreword of the book, it gave m
Alexx
This was so beautiful and endearing! This book showed the different kinds of vulnerability that comes with loving someone and/or baring your heart for them. These poems, haikus, and stories, were beautifully-written and captivating all in all.

As someone who has loved so greatly before, I related to a lot of the pieces in this book. I was also a former literary writer, so reading these pieces comforted my heart and inspired me in one or another.

There were haikus and pieces that, despite their sho
Rovie
Sep 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank Reina for reaching out and sharing with me her work. It means so much and I hope nothing but the best for this book when it finally comes out by November 11!

The moment I read the book's foreword, I knew that some parts of it (if not the whole book) will hit me hard. I can fully relate to Reina's thoughts of learning independence and having a strong mind early on in life. As I grew older, I learned more about keeping my value as a person and how much part of myself I am will
Arystine
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Please Pick Me is a collection of poetry by @reinaxregina 🌸 The metaphoric theme of this book is flower, because the author encourages the readers to “imagine we’re all flowers in a garden, blooming the best we can where we are planted, and hoping someone will choose us one day because of our individual appeal and vividness.” 🌷

The book is divided into four sections: flowers, thorns, roots, seeds. Each section conveys the categories of the poems. I especially love the flowers section, because it’
Jea Song
Sep 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
"𝙜𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙥𝙝𝙖𝙨𝙚𝙨
𝙚𝙫𝙖𝙥𝙤𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙡𝙖𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙧,
𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙨𝙚 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙭 𝙚𝙭𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚𝙨
𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙖𝙪𝙩𝙞𝙛𝙪𝙡 𝙘𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙤𝙛 𝙖𝙩𝙤𝙢𝙨,
𝙗𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙗𝙡𝙞𝙢𝙚

𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙢 𝙤𝙧 𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩
𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙨𝙤 𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙪𝙥 𝙨𝙥𝙖𝙘𝙚,
𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧.

{ 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙘𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙚𝙭𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚 }"
-𝙍𝙚𝙞𝙣𝙖 𝙍𝙚𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙖, 𝙋𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙚 𝙋𝙞𝙘𝙠 𝙈𝙚

I’ve always loved poetry and prose. And this book spoke to me on a deeper level—starting with the foreword ‘til the end. 🥺❤️

I felt loved, comforted, bruised, naked, and slapped with memories. I even had to take a
Marian
Oct 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
first i want to thank the author for reaching out to me with an ARC in exchange for my honest review.

although i am not an expert in poetry, as a scorpio sun with a cancer moon i am always drawn to the emotional and lyrical quality of poems. PLEASE PICK ME did not disappoint in this regard. right in the foreword, reina regina explains this collection is all about the seeming contradiction in finding strength in vulnerability.

structured in metaphors of growth along with beautiful floral illustrati
Leigh 🌈 Reynoso
First of, thank you to Ms Reina for giving me an ARC of her masterpiece, it is indeed an honor to read it beforehand & here’s my honest review... 💜

I’ve always been in love with prose and poetry, this book is no exception. Her words are like melted honey that warms my soul. The foreword got me hooked at once and as I read further it only got better and better. It’s relatable, it has the right amount of spunk, wit and melancholy that would keep you reading till you finish it in one seating! The wa
leo(neil)
Oct 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
my thoughts

Romantic, personal, and dark. Please Pick Me is an artful collection by Reina Regina. Some parts make my heart flutter, along with the butterflies in my stomach. And as I continue reading, I reached a point where I thought: is it okay to go on? Because some sections feel personal to me like I am reading a diary filled with secrets. Along with the illustrations, the words become more prominent, triggering vivid imagery.

A book that will haunt you after, I highly recommend this collectio
Jia Xuan
Oct 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Please Pick Me is a book by Reina Regina filled with free verse poetry and a collection of words, with elegant illustrations serving as dividers between different sections. I think this was the first ever actual book of poetry that I’ve read, and it didn’t disappoint. As the introduction tells us, the title “Please Pick Me” is about having the strength within ourselves but not being given the chance to demonstrate this strength. This is a view that I haven’t seen much in poetry before, especiall ...more
Kat Elle
“But I hope, one morning,
you wake and realise that,
you’re the whole damn garden.”

— Reina Regina, Please Pick Me

I don’t usually pick up poetry as my go-to genre nor I intentionally go out of my way to search for new releases. But I’m very grateful when the author of this lovely book reached out to me and sent its ARC in exchange for an honest review. I said yes because: 1) it’s written by a Filipino author; and 2) this art cover is ~gorgeous~

As beautiful as this cover is (and all the illustrati
Yvan Ngo
Oct 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry, women-authors
I would like to thank Reina for reaching out and sharing her book. I’ve had a wonderful experience reading it and I’m excited to be able to provide pre-order links so you can experience it too. You can find Reina on her Instagram. Please Pick Me comes out on November 11.

***

I used to write poetry when I was younger. Rhyming verses expressing strong feelings towards a boy I fell in love with filled a few notebooks. I was 13, and we were in the same class. For four years I wrote mostly about him.

Re
Yona
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫—
𝑰 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫

𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐝𝐢𝐝
𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐲 𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐞𝐥."

{𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒃𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝐚𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐞}
—𝙍𝙚𝙞𝙣𝙖 𝙍𝙚𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙖, 𝙋𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙚 𝙋𝙞𝙘𝙠 𝙈𝙚

Can I just say... I freaking love that piece! It is so dmmn spot on! We have to stop giving credit to aholes and start applauding ourselves for surviving their BS instead.

Now, the review.

First, I would like to thank the talented Reina Regina for sending me an e-arc and for trusting me to review her book.

I have always loved the art of poetry. I enjoy reading t
Riza (Pages and Coffee Cups)
Oct 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Aeril Manuel
Oct 17, 2020
Diamond Keeling
Oct 18, 2020

• The Ikessar Falcon (Chronicles of the Bitch Queen, #2)
  • Anina ng mga Alon
  • Patron Saints of Nothing
  • Ang Hari ng Komyut: Ang Pagkilala
  • Si Janus Sílang at ang Tiyanak ng Tábon (Janus Sílang, #1)
  • Sandali
  • A Golden Fury
  • Kiss Number 8
  • The Threat Below (Brathius History, #1)
  • The Modern Break-Up
  • Miss Meteor
  • Bagay Tayo
  • Tabi Po: Isyu 1
  • The Raven Thief (The Royal Thieves Trilogy, #1)
  • Aurora Burning (The Aurora Cycle, #2)
  • To Kill a Kingdom
  • Vampires of Portlandia
  • Love & Gelato (Love & Gelato, #1)
Reina Regina is a writer, professional tarot reader, Instagram influencer, and former nurse.

She is published online as Reina Bambao on 8List, The Manila Times, Play Without Apology, and the Fully Booked First Look Club.

Reina resides in Manila, Philippines, and is the lady of the house for a doctor and two dogs.