Start by marking “Leather and Gold (Masters of Mayfair, #1)” as Want to Read:
Leather and Gold (Masters of Mayfair, #1)

Leather and Gold

(The Masters of Mayfair #1)

Forbidden.

If there was a single word to describe the desire Emmeline Westington Wright, widowed duchess of South Framley, felt for Captain Alexandre Pierron Simonnet, that would be it. Forbidden. Captivating. Tempting. Dangerous.

She sent him away eighteen months ago, ostensibly in search of her errant brother, the Marquis of Fulton. But when Captain Simonnet returns to S
ebook
Published August 2020 (first published October 24th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Leather and Gold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leather and Gold

Start your review of Leather and Gold (Masters of Mayfair, #1)
Marti
Sep 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
A fun, quick read I like the way the character's thoughts are incorporated in the narrative, it brings them alive. The story is steamy and sexy, but there's definetly more to the plot so if you're not into erotica I think you would still enjoy this book. The writing is true to the time, which makes the story feel real. I loved the chemistry between Emmeline and Alexandre, which was palpable from the start. The yearning is there, and I found myself rooting for them to be together from the beginni ...more
Space Cowgirl
Sep 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like Flame🔥 to Gunpowder🔫💥

ADULT Regency BDSM Erotica Romance 💕 Novella. The book took about an hour to read.

Emmeline💃💋 is the young widow of Willam, Duke of South Framley, so she's now the Dowager Duchess, in charge of everything, until her four year old nephew👦 grows up to become the new Duke.

Her brother, the Marquis of Fulton, left home and she sent the very dashing and dangerously potent and masculine Captain Alexandre Simonnet🐺🍆⛲💪🔪⛵, the second son of a second son, to find him and bring h
Romance Novel Giveaways Lauren Seiberling
Lotsa steam and lotsa love

I'll be the first to admit that BDSM isn't really my thing. But I've read many a Gemma book, so I knew this would be great regardless of the genre.

And I was RIGHT.

I liked Emmaline because she was a strong-willed woman who faced an impossible tragedy and thrived in spite of it. But she wasn't one of those man-hating "I don't need anyone for anything" heroines running rampant in so many books.

Enter Alexandre, the handsome almost-pirate who never quite got over Emmaline.

An
♥Milica♥
Sep 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
A widow? Check. A Captain? Check. One steamy night they've been waiting for in extreme anticipation? Also check.

Emmeline's husband died years ago and she's been resisting the pull towards the dangerous Captain Simonnet ever since. She even sent him away on a wild goose chase to bring her brother back home from the Americas. He stayed there longer than he should have and when he finally returned he rocked her world.

It's a short, hot book where the two main characters are pining for each other i
Peggy Jaeger
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: readers of historical romance and erotic romance

Widowed Duchess, Emmeline Westington Wright is lonely. Three years ago she lost her much loved husband to a riding accident. Despite having her dearest friends around her, she longs for the companionship and love of a man. At the age of 26 she is too young to give up on the pleasures of the flesh, but too scared to form an attachment to any man, knowing she will have to divulge a secret desire she vows to keep hidden.

Captain Alexandre Pierron Simmonnet was the Duke of South Framely’s best friend
Catty Jane
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
******ARC received and honest opinion given******
OMG...HOT, HOT, HOT! Wow, it has been so long since I have read something so H-O-T! If you like steamy, and you like your steamy to be set during the turn of the century then you have to check this out.

Emmeline lost her husband years ago and now finds herself drawn to Captain Simonnet . She has tried to keep away from him, but now he is back from his trip to the Americas and the temptation is too great to resist. They spend one night together and
Cecilia James
Sep 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dearest reader,

What a fascinating read it was!!!
This is the first book in the Masters of Mayfair series. The plot was very intriguing. Especially the protagonists were very refreshing. The premise of the work did not fail to stand out. They were well executed by the author. Though it was a bit swift paced, the dynamics of the relationship was rewarding. The sensual setting was quite engaging. It was well constructed along with the heady anticipation right from the very beginning when the charact
Sophie (slovenianbookworm)
Sep 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
In this short novella we meet Captain Simonnet and Emmeline. She’s a widowed duchess and as her rank would have it, anything she’ll do will be judged. So she can’t afford an affair with the handsome captain even though she suspects only he will fulfill her hidden fantasies.

Because what she wants is something deep, forbidden.

They are like cats and mice but when they agree on one night together and Emmeline shares her secret room, all bets are off.

It is a smutty novella so if you’re in for that, y
Martha B.
Oct 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Too Little Story

Since I liked Master and Marquis, the second book in this series by Gemma Snow, I decided to read the first book, Leather and Gold. Master and Marquis had such a good story with really great characters, I expected the same of Leather and Gold. I was sadly disappointed.

The lead characters, the duchess and the captain, were not really developed leading up to and during their relationship. Instead they simply jumped right into a master/submissive sex orgy. Even the ending seemed i
Cathy Brockman
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical, erotica
Duchess Emmeline Westington Wright is lonely. Having been widowed three years ago she throws herself into her job taking care of her home and people ignoring the desires within her.
Captain Alexandre Pierron Simmonnet is the one man that can awaken those hidden desires. Now that he has returned from an expedition can she avoid the temptation?

The characters in Leather and Gold are very well developed. The sexual tension between the two leads is strong. Once they get along the story explodes into e
Goldienut
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Emmeline (Duchess of South Framley) married to William the love of her life. An accident took her husband and she is handling the affairs of South Framley and Roseburn Estate until Jonathan comes of age to take over at present he is 4 years old and he is the distant cousin of William. Emmeline is lonely and Captain Alexandre shows up after being gone 18 months. Emmeline wants to be with
Alexandre but is afraid of how the ton would respond. After her best friend tells her it doesn't matter what hi
Katy
Oct 04, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a quick read. I am not a BDSM fan, but the story had enough other facets to be enjoyable. A widowed duchess and a near-pirate long for each other. The duchess wants a master (she has her “secret room” ready and waiting) but isn’t sure the captain leans that way. Of course he does, and the result is steamy to say the least. They get their HEA in spite of the differences in station.

The reason I gave it 3 stars wasn’t the story or even the BDSM, but the writing. It’s hard to pinpoint what
carly woakes
Aug 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutely incredible. Emmeline and Alexandre had me gripped by their adoration and love for each other from the very beginning. I could not put this book down and nor did I want it to end.

The Erotic nature and scenes within this book had me pooling in a field of lust and I have never read a book that turned me on soo much in my life. The erotism takes it to a whole new level.

The way the characters and their story unfolds into true bliss is beautiful and you feel like you are takin
Mireille
Sep 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
All I can say is wow! I really enjoy reading historical romance books and I’ve been known to read some BDSM but I would never have thought to combine them. OMG why had this not been done before. Emmeline is a widowed Duchess and Alexandre is a sea captain, they’ve known each other for years. Alexandre returns following a mission Emmeline sent him on. Queue the smouldering sexual tension practically from the first chapter. Thank god this is a short book as my nerves couldn’t have stood the wait. ...more
RaReads
Oct 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Leather and Gold.. My rating is about 3.5 starts. An interesting setting/scenario for the type of content, it was an intriguing storyline. I liked the element of delayed gratification, and the inner conflict between image and desire. I would have given more stars for more chemistry between the characters, and more believable ancillary characters. Not a bad read at all, but would consider it a good start to a better version. Intelligent dialogue was refreshing. I would recommend it. The subject m ...more
Nadine
Oct 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was less than 100 pages which made it easy to get through in one day but still had depth and substance so you felt like you were getting a whole story, not just one scene or snapshot. The author was able to make your really care about the characters and the tricky situation in which they found themselves when juggling impropriety and tabooed desires. I really enjoyed the idea of dominant/submissive relationship being present in that faraway time. I would definitely ...more
Cheryl
Aug 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-ebooks, arc
Though short this story captured my attention as well as many longer books. I don't claim to understand BDSM but enjoy the fantasy of a loving master and submissive.

Being privy to the inner thoughts of the leading characters was an interesting experience and when they finally agree to indulge in their feelings for each other the results are scorching!

I'm looking forward to the next in the series as the scenes with their friends introduce several interesting characters.

I was sent an ARC in exchan
Katie
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good story, well-written in the Regency style. The contrast between the propriety demanded by Society and the needs of individuals that don't fit the accepted parameters. The story makes you feel the characters' emotions and needs and feel as if you have insight into life at the time - the stuffiness and class-consciousness of the Ton vs. the feelings, needs and "real-life" accommodations people made. Emmeline and Alexandre were made for each other. Their needs and desires complemented each othe ...more
Jannat_reads
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book!!

The book has it all.

A handsome pirate. A lovely widow. A night of passion. A regency AND BDSM romance.

Together they embark on a journey of love and passion. I especially liked the chemistry between the two. I often find the plot development lacking when it comes to erotica but I am glad that wasn't the case here. Snow weaves a good tale of forbidden romance and has taken special care to cover the dialects and style of the Regency era which I really appreciate.

Recommended for rege
Juliette Klein
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect fantasy

Brilliantly written page turner. It’s been years since I’ve read a book that took place earlier than the last 100 years, so I thought I might be lost and/or bored quite honestly, but found the total opposite to be true. I fell in love with this story more and more as I raced through the pages. My eyes bulged, I sat on the edge of my seat, and I definitely had verbal reactions a few times. Wonderful romance!
Anabel
Sep 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5
Great slow burn, great internal character dialogue/scenes, quickie smut scene didn't completely click with me but it had quite some spice.

Leather and Gold is novella size, a good grab and go for some quick BDSM romance :) The novella is also incredibly well written. You can tell the author is incredibly seasoned, and the flavor text was very lush.

I also can't help but be draw to rugged sea-faring adventurers, and the duchess was also assured in her wants and desires. ⚓
Sherry Westendorf
Sep 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Exciting, emotional, hot and steamy, surprising, suspenseful and so much more. She sends him away on an errand to find someone. But deep down she has desires for him in different ways. He is the only one who really understands her. There is so much more. I received a review copy and voluntarily review it.
Cheryl Gross
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Snow has an excellent voice and is a talented writer. I really enjoyed Leather and Gold. Leather and Gold is a love story with some bondage and discipline. There is no violence, anger, or fear involved. In my opinion, it was a sexy, delicious read. I hope anyone who takes the time to read this book will enjoy it as much as I did.
Ann Brown
Sep 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A wonderfully romantic, sexy story with engaging main characters. You could feel the heat and longing between them. The erotic scenes were scorching hot and very well written. A beautiful, captivating book.

I received an advanced review copy for free and I am leaving this review voluntarily.
Annette Moore
Sep 24, 2020 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed the storyline, but felt the characters lacked depth.

The book had a very happy ending but it fell short of what I was hoping for.

Sheila Fiske
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Duchess Emmeline is lonely since the death of her husband a few years ago. Captain Alexandre shows up after being gone 18 months. She wants to be with Alexandre, but is afraid of how the ton would respond. Surprised at how the BDSM plays out. I enjoyed this book.
Amanda Mountjoy
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily. Its the 1700s and Alexandre is back from the trip to the America's, the Duchess soon find herself a wreck when she is usually poised and has her wits. Will the two find each other or let their chance slip away?
Pam
Oct 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved the story line, I loved the BDSM scenes, I loved the characters - just a little too much "fluff" - I enjoy "fluff" and it is needed and makes the story more interesting - but in this book I'd say needs more BDSM and a little less "fluff". Looking forward to book 2.
rebecca
Sep 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
It was a good book. A little bsdm but not a lot. She loves the captain but is not sure he will like her secret. He has always look at her from afar. Good book
Shawn Pinzon
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading Leather and Gold. It was a quick read, enjoyable characters with hot chemistry and entertaining. I love the book and received an ARC for my honest opinion.

• Rescuing Mercy (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Dead Presidents MC Spinoff)
  • Landing Eagle (Dead Presidents MC, #4)
  • Trapping Wasp (Dead Presidents MC, #3)
  • Wreaking Havoc (Dead Presidents MC, #2)
  • Violet (Colors of Crime, #7)
  • Brie's Submission (Brie's Submission, #1-3)
  • Don't Say A Word: Requested Trilogy - Part One
  • Ella & LA: The Viral Affect... Season 1: Episode 1
  • Stone Devil Duke (Hold Your Breath, #1)
  • A Deal with Her Rebel Viking
  • The Perfect Gift (Three Wise Men, #1)
  • An Ideal Present (Three Wise Men, #2)
  • A Secret Parcel (Three Wise Men, #3)
  • Coyote Wind (Gabriel Du Pre #1)
  • Stranded with a Scotsman
  • Marrying My Best Friend's BFF
  • Suds and Sam Go Viral (Suds and Sam #5)
Gemma Snow loves high heat, high adventures and high expectations for her heroes! Her stories are set in the past and present, from the glittering streets of Paris to cowboy-rich Triple Diamond Ranch in Wolf Creek, Montana.

In her free time, she loves to travel, and spent several months living in a 14th-century castle in the Netherlands. When not exploring the world, she likes dreaming up stories,

The Masters of Mayfair (3 books)
  • Master and Marquis (Masters of Mayfair, #2)
  • Honey and Flame (Masters of Mayfair, #3)

News & Interviews