Start by marking “A Very Bossy Christmas (Very Holiday, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Very Bossy Christmas (Very Holiday, #1)

A Very Bossy Christmas

(Very Holiday #1)

What’s the actual last thing you’d ever want your executive assistant to see you doing the morning after you had hot, drunk, angry sex with her in a terrible hotel room? Dancing around your terrible hotel room to “Come and Get Your Love” like Star-Lord in Guardians of the Galaxy—naked? Yeah. Me too.

And yet, here we are.

This isn’t even the most unprofessional thing that’s
Published October 26th 2020 (first published October 21st 2020)

To ask other readers questions about A Very Bossy Christmas, please sign up.
Kayley Loring Hi!! Sorry, I didn't get a notification for this. Eddie's story A Very Friendly Valentine's Day will be in KU on January 14th!…moreHi!! Sorry, I didn't get a notification for this. Eddie's story A Very Friendly Valentine's Day will be in KU on January 14th!(less)

Start your review of A Very Bossy Christmas (Very Holiday, #1)
Leticia (jerseygirl)
Nov 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Except I barely even remember how things used to be before I could call her baby without her rolling her eyes at me."
This book is PERFECT! I think I may be on a book-high (is there such a thing?) right now, but this was just spot on! Awesome writing, great characters, and the story... WOW! This was my first book by Kayley Loring, but I sure do want to read more!

"He gestures, asking if he can enter my home. Like a vampire. Like a vampire who smells like camping sex in a forest when it rains."
So,
Mia.Mi.Jou
5+ STARS!!

re-read July 2021
Am I reading a Christmas love story in the middle of the summer? Yep. And how PERFECT it was 😄. The story isn't any original, but the way it is written is just so amazing... I really love it.
And I almost died in the chapter 24. Just hilarious😂

original review December 2020
This is hands down the best rom-com I've read this year and I'm honestly glad I've chosen to read it just during Christmas. It brought me cheer and it simply made my day.
I loved it. everything. all t
Paula
Oh my gawd!!! Have you ever read something that you loved so much & couldn’t put it down – only for the author to insert something that didn’t quite ruin it for you but still made you mad? Well, I would say that for me at least, 99% of this read was drool worthy. That 1% was the dreaded & WAYYYY over used plot of inserting ex’s in a plot that had no business being in the first place! So while it didn’t ruin it for me, it still left me mad & disappointed that the author actually went there!

SPOILE
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Oct 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing

5 'Christmas Cheer' Stars

‘I could lose myself in this woman, find myself again…But then what?’

Syndi
Dec 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Hmmm... A Very Bossy Christmas is a rom com. And office romance. In Miss Loring's hands, Declan' POV is hilarious. I can use a laugh.

But the story itself is flat. Nothing new. Typical office rom com. I wish it can be more dramatic plot into it. Maybe Miss Loring just inteded this story to be for Christmas reading. Short and fun.

Overall, I do enjoy the book OK

3 stars
Korrie’s Korner
5 Jingle hop stars for A VERY Bossy Christmas!

This is my absolute fave Christmas read of the season, and definitely in my top 10 of the year! It is that good!! The bossy Boss, fake relationship with his assistant, the banging chemistry that these two possess, the humor—did I mention the humor! I love this book so much I want to hug it!!

“You want to play with fire, you’d better be willing to get burned.” “By your terrible mood?” “By the hot sting of my bare hand on your ass,” I mutter. Shit. Too
Stacey is Sassy
Dec 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT!!!

Holy Shamoly, Kayley Loring, where have you been all my life? I absolutely LOVED A Very Bossy Christmas. The characters were awesome, the storyline captivating and the romance perfect. I ran the gamut of emotions, but a smile was on my face through most of it. It was also *shivers up my spine* sexy and left me squirming in my seat. Ms Loring surely knows how to get the heart aflutter.

This is the first book in yonky donks that I've started and finished in one day, I just couldn't put
Claire
Oct 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 - This is all I want for Christmas Stars!

Kayley Loring gives readers a Christmas book that leaves you smiling, full up with joy and stuffed to the gills with seasonal spirits. Boss/Assistant romances are a favourite trope of mine anyway but put this author’s unique and humorous spin on it and Declan and Maddie’s book was an absolute winner from start to finish.

She’s the executive assistant of my dreams and the succubus from my filthiest, most confusing adolescent nightmares…

Sexy, deman
Villains Do It Better
Dec 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
4.25 Stars

Spoilers

Super entertaining and funny book. Love the banter and the goofiness of the hero and all the men in his family. Definitely can't wait for their books, but I'm nervous about Eddie's👀 but the hero's thoughts are what really makes the story tbh. He's hilarious, especially while driving, and thoughts like this of his made me laugh

"We let go of each other at the same time, shoving each other away because we aren’t giant pussies. We sit back down, and when I see him touching the cor
BernLuvsBooks
Nov 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Kayley Loring Fans, Romance, Holidays
5 Oh, My Gawd Stars
* * * * * Spoiler Free-A Quick Review
This is why I love Goodreads. On my feed, a review of this gem was posted and caused me to check it out. Usually, I am able to remember who posted it, and unfortunately, this time I can't. So I am sorry about that...but so happy I decided to give this Christmas-themed book a go. Kayley Loring was a new-to-me author and I will be searching for more from her.

My reason for that is simple: Kayley Loring has figured out how to do fun, sexy, ser
SzarlottaSzott
I’m not surprised this gets so many good reviews! The story is very sweet and there are many things which made me smile all the way through. Of course it’s a Christmas romance so you can’t expect that it would blow your mind. But it does bring everything you might want from this type of a story.

I personally loved that the guy had Irish-Italian roots and it created this funny mix of cultures!
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Oct 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020

description

‘I could lose myself in this woman, find myself again…But then what?’

As Declan’s wild Boston cousin Billy would say…this was a ‘wicked pissaah of a book!’ and we feel so happy after reading it. Talk about spreading not only the Christmas cheer but the swoony, sexy, smile-inducing, hilariously funny and all-round fabulous cheer as well. We cannot wipe the smiles off our faces. This book was THE PERFECT remedy for the shit show that is 2020! We couldn’t have found a better escape! An absolute read
Sarah Louise
I’ve never read anything from Kayley Loring, but A Very Bossy Christmas was added to the top of my holiday reading list after seeing such great reviews! And oh my—It absolutely delivered.

Declan, a successful real estate lawyer, is a workaholic that can only be tolerated by one assistant: Maddie Cooper. Intelligent, beautiful, and unfazed by the moody, demanding attitude of her boss, Maddie is a fiery heroine that didn’t hold back her mind. The banter between these two was hilarious and oozed sex
Apr 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, funny
💫
I raise the coffee mug to sniff it. “What is this?”
“A steaming hot cup of the tears of your former assistants.”
“That’s funny, because it smells like pumpkin spice.”
“That’s hilarious, because it’s a pumpkin spice latte.”
“That’s interesting because I only drink black coffee and espresso. You know that.”
“I thought maybe the pumpkin spice would put you in the holiday spirit.”
“Fuck holiday spirit. Fuck pumpkin spice.”
“Maybe you should. It would probably put you in a better mood…”
I narrow my eyes
Reds Reads
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Every time I think I have a favorite from Kayley Loring she comes out with a new story that immediately takes the top spot as favorite. A Very Bossy Christmas was no exception to this! Once I started this one, I couldn’t put it down.

I absolutely love a good office romance that has a ton of amazing banter and wit, and Declan and Maddie did not disappoint. What do you get when you mix the spit fire of the Irish and Italian together? You get sexy Declan, of course. Declan is a work obsessed lawyer
RateTheRomance
I am having trouble words-ing right now because this book was AMAZING and the hot hate sex has destroyed my panties.

This is my first read by this author and the moment I finished the final page I immediately started a stalking campaign where I follow her everywhere (Online, people. I'm not THAT creepy) and make plans to read every word she has written. THAT'S how much I loved this book.

A VERY BOSSY CHRISTMAS pretty much ticks every box there is. Enemies-To-Lovers, Holiday Romance, Workplace Roma
Crystal Bell (Crystal_reads_)
Dec 07, 2020 rated it really liked it

What happens when the two main characters have loud, crazy families? A ton of laughter. Now add on boss /employee fake Relationship with steam, and you have a great holiday book.

I was pleasantly surprised. This is the first book from this author and will not be the last. It’s a great slow burn with a sassy heroine. I was afraid she was going to walked on, but she gave as good as she got.
Cathy
Dec 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This One’s A Winner

I loved everything about this book. It has just the right amount of - everything! Humor, romance, super sex, drama. I’ve tried to pick out my favorite things and short of saying “ALL of it,” I narrowed it down to the amazingly witty dialogue and both their families. I lean a little towards Maddie’s family. I’m sure you’ve read the book description and don’t need me to repeat it but it’s a fake holiday date arrangement between a bossy lawyer and his sassy, sharp-witted assistan
Briana B.
3.5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️.⭐️

It was your typical boss/employee trope just with a Holiday twist. I still enjoyed it, especially all the Christmas puns and word verbiage. Those were great 😂
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
4.5 Stars

Such a cute read and just what I needed to start off the Christmas season! I loved Maddie's character and the snark she had for Declan! These two were so funny together.

This was so much fun!
Dawn
Oct 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Christmas Vibes and Banter Perfection

Get ready for a book love fest!! You ready? Set. Go. I FUCKING LOVED THIS BOOK. I often feel nervous to totally recommend a book because we all have such different tastes but this book, this book right here?? READ THIS BOOK. If you love romance of any kind, banter of any kind, cute yet hot reads of any kind this book is for you. I smiled, I teared up, I wanted, I got pissed, I laughed and I surprised myself with how invested I got in this book and story. It
Reading Mom.me
Dec 19, 2020 rated it liked it
I had high hopes for this one and I enjoyed it in the beginning but it just got to much for me and there was just no depth to these characters or this story line. I love a steamy book but I need some depth. I didn’t like either the hero or heroine they just seemed like total narcissists and I just could not connect with them. There was some funny moments for sure but overall just an okay read
julia ☆ [owls reads]
Dec 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
5 stars!

"Eat a bag of dicks, you old Grinch!"

A Very Bossy Christmas was such a cute and funny holiday story! The writing was so easy to get into and Loring's brand of humor made me smile and laugh so many times while reading Declan and Maddie's story. The shifts in perspective were also so well done and I loved the inclusion of text messages to help further the plot and give insight into our main characters.

I'm not really one to read Christmas-themed novels? But with 2020 being 2
♡Tonya♡
Oct 26, 2020 marked it as dnf
DNF. I was chugging along good until it became about his ex and her now being with his brother 🙄🤦🏻‍♀️
Elle G. Reads
My Rating: 5 Stars
Genre Romantic Comedy | Christmas Romance

**Squeals of Delight** I just finished reading A VERY BOSSY CHRISTMAS by Kayley Loring and I LOVED IT SO MUCH! It’s been such a long time since I’ve read a book from a “new to me author” and fell in love with her words. Sigh… So. GOOD! I can’t wait to read her entire backlist of novels (yes, I will do that LOL). This is especially true if they are funny and charming like this one.

A VERY BOSSY CHRISTMAS scored so many points for me fo
Heather❀Kiss The Pages❀
This is my favorite Christmas romance this year! I did this in audiobook format and the narrator Connor Crais does indeed confirm that you can fall in love with a voice. Do yourself a favor and pick up this sexy, hilarious, heartwarming office/ fake relationship romance even if it's after the holidays. ...more
maggieandteddy
4.5 Stars. It's not Christmas yet, but I was SO in the mood for this!
A Very Bossy Christmas was recommended to me on Facebook and Goodreads. I listened to the audio. I bought it in an Audio sale. Narrators: Connor Crais and Mackenzie Cartwright- are perfectly cast. This is my first- but NOT my last book by Kayley Loring.
This is a short book/or a long novella. It, of course takes place in winter-just before Christmas in NYC. Declan is a corporate attorney & Maddie is his assistant. The book sta
Sandy S
Oct 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars--A VERY BOSSY CHRISTMAS by Kayley Loring is a stand alone, contemporary, adult, holiday themed erotic, romance story line focusing on thirty-two year old, high powered attorney Declan Cannavale, and twenty-eight year old, executive assistant Maddie Cooper.

Told from three first person perspectives (Declan, Maddie, Piper) A VERY BOSSY CHRISTMAS follows the forbidden relationship between thirty-two year old, high powered attorney Declan Cannavale, and twenty-eight year old, executive ass
Stephanie
Jan 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Okay I absolutely loved this. Declan was the perfect cynical hero and I loved his relationship with Maddie. Their banter was perfection and I loved all the side characters as well. I’m so excited for Eddie’s story next!

Side note - I LOVED seeing both of my nationalities in this book (Irish & Ukrainian)!

• The Last Guy
  • Flirting with 40
  • Lord of London Town (Adley Firm #1)
  • Wrong (Cafe, #1)
  • Perfect Wreckage (Wrecked #2)
  • Regrets (The Sterlings #1)
  • The Stand-In Boyfriend (Grove Valley High, #1)
  • The Backup Girlfriend (Grove Valley High, #2)
  • The Golden Boys (Kings of Cypress Prep, #1)
  • The Heart of Rutherford: Life Lessons Novels 1 - 3
  • Reforming Kent (The Kennedy Boys, #10)
  • The Senator
  • Beauty and the Professor (A Modern Fairy Tale Duet, #1)
  • Bait (B.A.D. Inc., #3)
  • Hands Down
  • Save The Date (Dating, #1)
  • Forget About Me (Boston Classics, #2)
  • Burden (Made, #2)
See top shelves…

Very Holiday (3 books)
  • A Very Friendly Valentine's Day (Very Holiday, #2)
  • A Very Vegas St. Patrick's Day (Very Holiday, #3)