Start by marking “You Will Remember Me” as Want to Read:
You Will Remember Me

You Will Remember Me

"Riveting, smart, and utterly diabolical."—Lisa Unger, New York Times bestselling author of Confessions on the 7:45

An unputdownable amnesia thriller that begs the question: how can you trust anyone when you can't even trust yourself?

Forget the truth.
Remember the lies.

He wakes up on a deserted beach in Maryland with a gash on his head and wearing only swim trunks. He can’t
Published May 25th 2021 by MIRA

To ask other readers questions about You Will Remember Me, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers... (view spoiler)
Neils Barringer Yes I was hoping for more of a twist of an ending

Start your review of You Will Remember Me
Michael David (on hiatus)
HAPPY PUBLICATION DAY!

A man wakes up on a beach in Maryland in the early morning hours, only wearing swimming trunks. He has a bloody gash on his head, and has no idea who he is or where he’s from.

Meanwhile, a woman named Lily is distraught after her boyfriend of 18 months, Jack, goes missing after taking a swim at the beach right before a storm rolls in. Making matters worse, after she notifies the police, she finds out that JACK SMITH might not be his real name. What was he hiding?

Maya is rel
Farrah
Jun 26, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A man wakes up on a beach with no memories. He has no idea who he is or where he came from......
Lily's boyfriend Jack went for a swim and never returned.....
Maya's brother Ash has been missing for two years.....
Both women claim the mystery man is who they've been searching for while he tries to piece together his past.

I had a bit of a rocky road with this book.
At page 20 I decided to DNF it. The character's behaviours were unrealistic and I found the dialogue kinda corny. I surprised myself
megs_bookrack
Apr 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs-read
You Will Remember Me is a deviously twisted tale of obsession and small town secrets. That sounds great, right!?

A man waking up on a beach in Maryland has no memory of his past, or even his name. All he is left with are foggy recollections that lead him to the state of Maine and luckily, directly to people who recognize him.

They say his name is Asher and he has been missing for years. He is quickly reunited with his long-lost sister, Maya, who takes him in and agrees to care for him during his r
Nilufer Ozmekik
Jan 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is wild, engaging, fast pacing, riveting, disturbing ride!

It seems like 3.5 starred reading: I have to gather my honest opinions to decide between 3 and 4 stars!

Pros:
The book started fast with an intriguing but not so original man from suffering amnesia who has dark past, hiding secrets about himself plot line!

After the impressive opening, the progression of the story was quite moving, action packed.
Lily waits for her boyfriend bring breakfast from their favorite pancake place. When he
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
May 27, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hall4
Hannah Mary McKinnon just gets better and better, and You Will Remember Me is notably her best mystery thriller yet! That creepy, ominous cover suits perfectly!

A man wakes up on a beach with a cut on his head not knowing who he is or why he’s there.

Lily’s boyfriend, Jack, goes missing one night. She uncovers that he’s been lying to her all along, and he’s not who he says he is.

Maya’s stepbrother, Asher, disappeared years ago, but now he’s returned with significant memory problems.

All of these st
Norma
Holy Shooty Balls! Malevolent, wicked, and a gripping page-turner!

YOU WILL REMEMBER ME by HANNAH MARY McKINNON is a dark, twisted, cleverly layered, highly entertaining, and crafty slow-burn psychological thriller that had me glued to those pages right to the very end. The story progresses at a steady pace and the tension subtly increases throughout. We are pretty much privy to what is actually going on here, (or we think we are at least) and definitely get a good glimpse into what makes each of
Kendall
May 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
I have been a huge fan of Hannah Mary McKinnon since reading The Neighbors.

You Will Remember Me is another dark, twisty, and addicting read.

There is nothing more satisfying then having a book throw you for a loop with all those twists and turns! Hannah is a master storyteller with those twists that make your head spin!!

That ending was what made this book! Such a dark and explosive ending!! Yeeeeehawww 🙌🏻🙌🏻

I don’t want to tell you too much to spoil it. So I definitely recommend picking this on
BernLuvsBooks
Secrets, lies, amnesia and warped relationships = a page turner!⁣

Well, ok then Hannah Mary McKinnon! Talk about a satisfying and suspenseful thriller with a twisted ending that I totally approve of! ⁣

The premise is one that always draws me in, let me set the scene for you - a man wakes up on a beach not knowing who he is or where he is. Total amnesia! I mean come on - you know that’s a recipe for upcoming disaster and I was here for it! Add in one girlfriend with a few skeletons in her own clo
"Avonna
Check out all of my reviews at: https://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

YOU WILL REMEMBER ME by Hannah Mary McKinnon is a dark and twisted psychological suspense/thriller that kept me turning the pages well into the night. Having read Sister Dear I knew I was in for an exciting read, but this book managed to exceed those expectations.

A man wakes up freezing on a beach in Maryland only wearing swim trunks with no memory. The only thing he does remember is a phone number in Maine which leads him to his h
Mandy White (mandylovestoread)
Another winner from Hannah Mary McKinnon. Her books are always so clever, twisty and shocking and I can't get enough of them. Once I started it I found it hard to put down, with each chapter leaving more questions that I needed answers on. It is a fun, escapist read and a great thriller.

We have the 3 main characters - Jack, Lily and Maya. Their stories will all come together, but how? You might think you know and have it all worked out until you don't.

Jack and Lily are happy and living in Maryla
Hannah McKinnon
Feb 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Author's note:

A few years ago, a man from Toronto vanished from a ski hill in Lake Placid while there on vacation and showed up six days later in Sacramento. He had amnesia and couldn’t remember much, including the cross-country trip he’d made as he’d hitchhiked across the US. Everything worked out for the man in the end and he found his way home, but it made me wonder—what could have gone wrong? That was the genesis for YOU WILL REMEMBER ME. A while later I had a vivid image in my head—a man w
JaymeO
May 21, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A man wakes up on the beach without any memory of who he is or how he got there. While he tries to figure out his identity, his girlfriend Lily searches for the truth about what happened to him. She refuses to believe that he drowned and conducts her own search into his disappearance. When she finds out that he is not who he said he was and that he has a dark past, she must decide whether to pursue the relationship. When Maya claims that Lily’s boyfriend, Jack, is actually her brother, the two w ...more
Frank Phillips
Well, this was definitely my least favorite of McKinnon's novels, unfortunately (The Neighbors is still my favorite!). Setting the bar high with a debut can often times be an author's downfall, and I've noticed this especially with thriller authors lately, sadly. This will probably get pretty good reviews to those just discovering McKinnon, but I've been with her since DAY ONE, so I know what she's capable of. This one just fell flat for me. I know I have high expectations, so this may be comple ...more
Dana
May 10, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-copies
A man on a beach in Maryland wakes up wearing only swimming trunks. He's disoriented, bleeding from a gash in his head, and has zero clue who he is or where he's from.

Lily Reid is waiting on a delicious blueberry pancake breakfast date. Instead, her life is turned upside down with the discovery of her missing boyfriend.

Maya Scott, a woman living in Maine, is overjoyed at the return of her step brother who disappeared without a trace two years prior.

"Forget the truth. Remember the lies."

You Will
Hank Ryan
Sep 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hannah Mary McKinnon is a genius. I could not turn the pages fast enough, but I did not want to miss a single word. This is diabolical, mesmerizing, riveting and irresistible. The bar is very high here—because her incredible SISTER DEAR left left me gasping for breath. But here she takes storytelling to a new level – – psychological, sinister, and completely believable.
This is skill, this is joy, this is the passion of an experienced and careful author. Standing ovation.
Kimberly Belle
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hannah Mary McKinnon’s You Will Remember Me is yet another unputdownable read from an author who gets better with each book. What begins with a case of amnesia twists with each new discovery as McKinnon slowly and methodically unravels the layers of secrets and deceit. A gripping, chilling thriller that held me captive until the shocking end.
Melissa (LifeFullyBooked)
This is a decent psychological thriller if you're ok with not liking any of the characters.

The premise grabbed me from the beginning--man wakes up on a beach and has no idea who he is, he has complete amnesia. He is one of our narrators, real name Ash and name he has been going by is Jack. The second POV is from his girlfriend Lily, who realizes that he is missing and is frantic, calls the police, they all hit dead ends because he has disappeared into thin air. Ash/Jack remembers enough flashes
Christina McDonald
Jan 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Magnificently malevolent and darkly diabolical, what begins as a case of amnesia quickly turns into a riveting, sinister ride. Every twist, every layer skilfully unravels to an explosive conclusion that will have you gasping out loud. You Will Remember Me is an absolute knockout!
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Seriously messed up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This book is something else. I have happily reading along and then some things started to not sit quite right. Little niggling’s in the back of your mind are saying all is not right in this world… You can say that again!

This author takes you places you don’t really expect. You feel big swings of emotion. The biggest – Love and hate – Loved Jack; Loved Lily … Hated Maya. You start to see issues and at several points I did not even want to keep reading. But
Erin Clemence
Jul 23, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hannah Mary McKinnon returns with her fifth novel, “You Will Remember Me”.

A man wakes up on the beach, with no memory of how he got there or who he is. Sure, we’ve heard that premise before, right? It’s been done so much, it should have its own specific genre. But McKinnon takes this storyline and runs with it in the most delightfully twisted way, full of family feuds, jealousy and hidden secrets.

When Lily Reid’s boyfriend goes out for a swim and doesn’t return, she instantly fears that she’
ABookwormWithWine
Okay Hannah Mary McKinnon, you got me again! The last book I read by this author (Sister Dear) had a controversial ending for me that I wasn't sure I liked, and I had to spend a long time thinking about what I wanted to rate, and say, for You Will Remember Me as well. As soon as I read the first few words I was HOOKED to this novel. The pacing is quite quick and between that and the viewpoint changes, there is a lot of mystery and intrigue very quickly. Then we get introduced to the character of ...more
Derek
Sep 17, 2022 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
There are a lot of 4 and 5-star reviews for this, so this must be a me thing.

I enjoy memory-loss plots because they generate a lot of intrigue and mystery. While this one certainly does that, it was also too predictable. The "twist," if we're even calling it that, was so obvious I'm starting to think it was intentional.

Far-fetched, melodramatic, WEIRD, and quite boring. The ending has a high degree of shock value and will split readers. I actually loved the ending, but the ride to get ther
Kim ~ It’s All About the Thrill
Oh wow!! This was my first book by @hannahmarymckinnon ! 😍 What took me so long?! Dark and twisted?! Yes please! 🙋‍♀️

This was such a fast read! I knew something was off… but I wasn’t sure exactly what?? 🤨

Two puzzling mysteries… had me flipping the pages..😍… as Jack goes missing.. I began to wonder if he just left his girlfriend Lily and escaped to a new life…🤷‍♀️

Then a man wakes up on a beach…with amnesia… ohhh could he be the same guy?! 🤔 Yet I didn’t think so because his sister comes forward a
Tammy
Jun 04, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: release-2021
Love, lies, and murder with a very disturbing, jaw-dropping end. No hea’s here. This is dark dark dark. It’s gripping and chilling.. giving me all the feels that put me in mind of the movie Fatal Attraction (which I loved!) I thoroughly enjoyed the amnesia trope that ended on a very unexpected, thrilling end! A great read!
Jayne
May 27, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I usually am not a fan of amnesia storylines but I am a huge fan of Hannah Mary McKinnon and that's why this book landed on my TBR list.

Author Hannah Mary McKinnon does not disappoint.  The author's character development is strong and her plotline is compelling.

About midway through the book, the ending seemed very predictable. READER BEWARE: The book's dark, OMG ending was anything but predictable.   Yes, this book's explosive ending truly elevated this book by taking the concepts of "sinister
Mackey
Predictable until the last chapter; unbelievable throughout. I wish I had my day back for a do-over. Ugh.
Judy Collins
Master storyteller Author Hannah Mary McKinnon returns following Sister Dear (2020) with a dark and twisted tale— YOU WILL REMEMBER ME. Trust me, you will remember this psychological thriller and its maze of juicy secrets and lies.

“Diabolical, twisted, and cleverly crafted Well-developed characters and an unpredictable ending make this one totally irresistible. A wicked cat-and-mouse triangle—which one will be left standing in the end?”

How can you trust anyone when you can't trust yourself?
Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews
Jack wakes up on a deserted beach in Maryland and has no idea of who he is, where he is, or how he got there.

Meanwhile, Lily, his girlfriend, wonders why Jack never stopped by or hasn’t called.

Jack runs along the beach trying to find something familiar, and the only thing he sees that is familiar is a Maine license plate on a trailer. He climbs in and is taken to Maine without the owner’s knowledge.

When he arrives in Maine, memories surface, and he remembers a phone number. He dials the number,
Sonica
Nov 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a wild and dark ride – A diabolical tale where no one and nothing is as it seems.

The story opens with a man waking up on a beach with a gash on his head and no recollection of who or where he is. Around the same time, there are two women looking for a man; Lily Reid is looking for her boyfriend, Jack, who disappeared one night after going for a swim and Maya Scott has been looking for her stepbrother, Asher, who went missing two years ago.

And from here the wicked web of lies and decei
Jen
Jan 26, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an interesting concept but a somewhat predictable story. The story is narrated by 3 different characters, including Asher/Jack who has amnesia; Lily, who is dating "Jack" and wondering why he lied about who he was; and Maya, Asher's step-sister.

The book starts with Asher/Jack waking up on a beach in Maryland with no idea who he is or how he got there. He somehow finds his way back home to Maine (which requires you as the reader to suspend your disbelief), where he is reunited with his

• The Serial Killer’s Wife
  • The Dinner Guest
  • The Newcomer
  • No More Words (No More #1)
  • The Wedding
  • The First to Lie
  • The Other Black Girl
  • The Good Neighbour
See top shelves…
I was born in the UK and grew up in Switzerland. Unsurprisingly I love chocolate, mountains and cheese, and books, of course.

When I moved to Canada with my husband and three sons in 2010 I went through an (early) mid-life crisis. Maybe it was the failed attempt at a start-up company, but one morning I decided to follow my oldest passion; writing - and never looked back.

My first novel, TIME AFTER

Articles featuring this book

It's always the perfect time to lose yourself in a mystery or thriller...but there's nothing like summer to curl poolside with a...
“The last clown out of the clown car.” 0 likes