Start by marking “The Case of the Missing Parts (Michaela McPherson #5)” as Want to Read:
The Case of the Missing Parts (Michaela McPherson #5)

The Case of the Missing Parts

(Michaela McPherson #5)

GRIPPING, SUSPENSEFUL & CHILLINGLY REAL

Michaela's love interest and Dottie's nemesis, Lieutenant Slade McKane, and the Richmond Police are puzzled by multiple murders where young victims are missing parts of their body. When a beautiful young mother turns up dead at a downtown hotel, the action escalates. Meantime, Michaela and Dottie, along with hero dog Angel, investigat
Published August 2020 by Bluestone Valley Publishing, Harrisonburg, VA (first published September 8th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about The Case of the Missing Parts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Case of the Missing Parts

Start your review of The Case of the Missing Parts (Michaela McPherson #5)
Jackie
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another suspenseful story to get you hooked until the end. Another murder involves Michaela, Dottie and Capt Slade in the investigation. What a team. Definitely ready for more.
Ann
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It tends to be a bit gory maybe for some peoples stomachs. They were some men who were killing different people and murdering them and removing their vital organs so they can sell them for top dollar for people who need a kidney or liver and could afford to pay that much for them , instead of waiting on a list for them. They knew who they would choose. The funeral home they took the bodies to was in cahoots with these guys. He would burn the bodies together with others to be cremated. That is ti ...more
A_Friend
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Case of the Missing Parts

Fantastic read! Great characters and storyline. A retired cop teams up with an older lady to help solve crimes. They have been close for years, the older lady doesn’t like the others boyfriend, which is a detective. Great mystery of the sickos cutting out people’s “parts” and selling them. A definite must read
Dr. Carpenter
Jun 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
5 stars if only this series had good editing

I finished reading all the books of this series, Lucci builds strong characters and a good story line, but heavens the editing errors are atrocious. This distracted so much I almost didn’t read them. Please Lucci take the time to have someone read your books...each word in context.
Pat Grady
Aug 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great series

Lucci can write with one hand tied behind her back...comfortably. These cases/books flow easily into one another, and are not at all tiresome to read in one go. Variety within smooth continuity. Likeable characters, and who wouldn't love Angel, retired canine hero?!
All in all, another highly readable series with a woman protagonist and her dawg;)
Louise Pledge
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For some time now, I have been receiving e-mails from Judith Lucci so finally decided to give her a try (it was probably a free book). It was a fun read, and it looks like I now need to read more of the Michaela McPherson stories.
Ed Carpenter
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who’s next?

This was a great book with a very nice relevant topic. A couple of very competent detectives going after some folks that were making a bunch of money in a very sick way.
Jeanineitsme
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you’ve never read any of the Michaela McPherson Mystery books before, you’re in for a treat! If you’ve read them before, you already know what I’m about to say, but I’m going to say it anyways. You’re in for a treat! Judith Lucci has created a family on paper and they all live within the pages of this series. The Case of the Missing Parts is Book 5 in the series, but each book is equally as good as the next one and each one is able to be read as a standalone or in order. Myself, I prefer to r ...more
RO G'ma
The Case of the Missing Body Parts is the fifth book in Judith Lucci’s awesome Michaela McPherson Mystery series. This fast-paced, page-turner kept me engaged from the beginning of the book until the end. The talented Ms. Lucci uses her written words and medical knowledge to give readers a story filled with suspense and tension. The story switches back and forth, providing the reader with the points of view of the good guys, as well as the bad ones. I highly recommend this book to readers who en ...more
Molly
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Countess Dottie and Mic are a powerful duo, very ably supported by retired police dog Angel. Irish Cajun Lt. Detective Slade seems to lag and be a bit off with his timing, as well as being a bit domineering when it comes to Mic. Perhaps the man is trainable with a whistle, like the hero dog.

The thugs that have been chased all over the map are in Richmond as a part of an organ trafficking scheme. Mic going in without backup and Slade not being on top of his tech almost costs both the ME and Mic
Randi Robinson
This book is part of the Michaela McPherson series but it can be read alone. Michaela and her dog Angel are retired from the Richmond Police Force but trouble still finds them. This mystery starts innocently enough when a friend of Countess Dottie receives the cremains of a loved one that has metal in it where none existed in his body. Michaela's boyfriend Slade McKane is investigating a puzzling series of murders where the bodies are missing organs. Is there a connection? Ms Lucci has written v ...more
Paulette
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Michaela McPherson, a retired homicide detective, her retired police dog, Angel, Slade McKade, Michaela’s boyfriend and Countess Dottie Borchese are involved in this case and other mysterious happenings in the 5th installment of this series. The Richmond Police Department is kept busy as bodies are being found around Richmond, Va with their vital organs having been removed. Although this may be considered a cozy mystery, Author, Judith Lucci writes a more in depth story line than most other cozi ...more
JACKIE
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love a good medical thriller and Judith Lucci can always be counted on to provide one. Having lived in Richmond, I find it enjoyable to visit my former home and catch up with Michaela McPherson and her friends and colleagues. This time, someone is stealing organs and leaving butchered bodies behind. It’s a race to stop the slaughter before the next victim is targeted, which might be a little too close to home. The action is fast paced and the killers are frighteningly evil. Will they be appreh ...more
Renee Arthur
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mic, Angel and Dottie are at it again. One of Dottie's friends, Reba, supposedly received her son's ashes. The problem is that these ashes are not her son's. After visiting with Reba and her daughter-in-law, Allison, Mic and Dottie are off to the funeral home to supposedly pre-plan a funeral. There is something off about this funeral home, but Mic can't put her finger on it. Meanwhile Slade and Charlie are investigating awful murders. The victims are all missing body parts. This book kept me up ...more
Michelle Ferrari-Johnson
Digging For Gold

I have truly loved this series! Mic and Dottie are a riot but I am seriously annoyed with Dottie's never-ending hostility towards Slade.

This is one wild ride and hopefully not the end of Mic and friends~
Peggy Tree
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love stand alone books in series, like this one, where the main character(s) or hero/heroine(s) live and we get to see them again in future books. I love how the characters are fleshed out , to a point, so that you feel they are people you know in real life. The topic of black market organs, which I thought had been an urban myth, is a very lucrative business. The book is unputdownable, fascinating, with nail biting and nervous wreck moments, entertaining reading. The book would make a great m ...more
Terri
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Judith Lucci has done it again! The Case of the Missing Parts is another phenomenal read. She has taken a current disturbing crime that occasionally makes the news, that of organ stealing/selling, and weaves a very realistic story that is, at the same time, informative, horrifying, and enthralling. Throughout the story you get to intimately learn about Michaela, Slade, and Dottie and get to know their heart for justice and rightness. You will get so involved in the story that you won’t be able t ...more
Patricia Harris
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick cozy mystery read. I don’t read a lot of the cozy mysteries, but still enjoyed this one. Mic and Dottie are on a case, ashes from funeral home may not be who they are supposed to be. Bodies found without organs keep law enforcement busy. My favorite part of this book was the feisty Countess, in her 80s and a force to be reckoned with. If you enjoy quick cozy mysteries, this book is for you.
Thanks to the author for an ARC of this book. This is my honest review.
Debbiebooknerdyoung
Loved this book, and there were a few nailbiting moments in it..yikes
This is one of those books you won't be able to put down until you've finished. Then you'll wish you'd paced yourself so the book would last longer haha.
Outstanding story!
Dottie makes me laugh with her jealousy towards Slade, but irritates me at the same time.. Mic deserves some happiness.
I can't wait to see what happens in the next book.
Kenneth Lingenfelter
Michaela McPherson and her police dog Angel are retired from the police force, but that does not stop her from investigating crime. When someone gets ashes of a loved one from a crematory that has metal filings in, they suspect they received the wrong remains. Young people targeted for stealing their organs and a funeral home that is suspect. This is a great story line that is a page turner.
C.
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ms. Lucci writes delightful novels that take us away from the mundane everyday life to the sparkling world of the rich and, very crotchety Dottie and Mic, a down-to-earth, retired police officer. Easily one of the most fun series to read especially if you like crotchety. Sometimes I want to smack her upside the head.
Sharon
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a book you won't want to put down. There are some hairy moments. Selling body parts on the black market is real. The story was thrilling and informative. I love Angel. Dottie was her usual self. Michaela gets herself in trouble. Will she survive? Will the killers get caught? Plot is well thought out and story is well written. Judith has another winning book!
Mickey Noel
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another amazing story!

Michaela and Dottie, along with Angel and the rest, are memorable characters who keep this series exciting. The plots are clever and relevant. Not too morbid or gruesome, appropriate for those who enjoy a good chase. Well done! Always looking forward to the next book.
Pauline Frost
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A well written perfectly paced story pulling you in from the start. Another mystery thriller to keep you turning the pages. This one was how Slade and Michaela start working on solving the mystery. A few extra characters help but easy to follow along. Hope this isn't the last in the series and the stories are all standalone reads.
Dan Sexton
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Waiting for Dottie to die!

Lucci is a good writer, but her character Dottie seems like a text waste, irritating the reader with her whining domineering attributes. While I am a Lucci fan, I cannot wait for Dottie to die, be killed, or move to outer Mongolia to remove her blah, blah, blah from the narrative.
Linda
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book as an ARC and this is my honest review. I enjoyed it. A fast paced mystery with believable characters who look out for each other. Michaela McPherson , along with her dog, Angel and her 80+ year old friend, Dottie solve mysteries together.
Doreen
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyabl

I like Mic and the Countess and Angel but this seemed a short, condensed version with the same protagonists---Snake and Vadim! Topic is murder to procure human organs to sell on the black market, which was we!I described.
Pam Madson
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

I really love these books. There’s so much action and a lot of twists and turns. I love the characters.
Teresa A. Corbitt
Excellent

I enjoyed the story of Michaela, slade., And angel.was another one of the books that I read in one sitting. I read the medical thriller in one sitting.
barbara evans
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book

I always get a laugh from Dottie's antics. The plots are excellent and a!ways !eave you wanting more. This author is very special.

• Humpty Bumpkin (Country Cousin #1)
  • The Anatomy Lesson: A Kurtz and Barent Mystery (Kurtz and Barent Mysteries Book 2)
  • The Case of the Broken Doll (Inspector David Graham #4)
  • It's Not Over (Eva Rae Thomas Mystery Book 6)
  • Never Walk Alone (Harry Hunter Mystery, #4)
  • Let Me Go (Eva Rae Thomas Mystery #5)
  • The Imposter (Alex Destephano)
  • All the Good Girls (Harry Hunter Mystery, #1)
  • Say You Love Me (Eva Rae Thomas Mystery #4)
  • Murder One: A Colby Tate Mystery (The Colby Tate Mysteries Book 1)
  • Mooved to Murder (A Chelsea Lawson Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Blood Lies
  • Dakota Burn (Leine Basso Thriller #9)
  • Her Deepest Fear (Rosemary Run, #1)
  • Never Ever (Eva Rae Thomas Mystery, #3)
  • The Dead Chill (Sidney Becker, #2)
  • Mid-Century Modern Murder (Flamingo Realty Mystery #5)
  • The Missing Nurse (Yorkshire Murder Mysteries #1)
Dr. Judith Lucci is an Amazon bestselling author who writes what she knows. She is the author of the Alex Destephano Medical Thriller Series and the soon to be released Michaela McPherson, Private Eye, a series centered on a retired homicide detective from Richmond, Virginia who really can’t retire.

“Before I wrote fiction, I was an academic writer who published research, theoretical works, text bo

Michaela McPherson (5 books)
  • The Case of Dr. Dude (Michaela McPherson #1)
  • The Case of the Dead Dowager (Michaela McPherson #2)
  • The Case of the Man Overboard (Michaela McPherson #3)
  • The Case of the Very Dead Lawyer (Michaela McPherson #4)

News & Interviews

Award-winning journalist Maria Hinojosa’s highly anticipated new book, Once I Was You: A Memoir of Love and Hate in a Torn America, arrives...