Start by marking “Gunner (Ride: Second Generation, #4)” as Want to Read:
Gunner (Ride: Second Generation, #4)

Gunner

(Ride: Second Generation #4)

As her older brother's best friend, Gunner Pierce has been part of Emmie Jackson's life for just about as long as she can remember. The often arrogant, always annoying Gunner keeps his distance - except when it comes to demanding she cover up or chasing away every man who expresses the slightest interest.

When Emmie is kidnapped and confronted with a life or death situation
Kindle Edition
Published October 6th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Gunner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gunner

Start your review of Gunner (Ride: Second Generation, #4)
Crystal Bell
Sep 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Gunner is the first book I have read from Megan O’Brien and will not be my last. I thoroughly enjoyed Gunner. If you are looking for a sweet alpha with a touch of darkness, this book is for you.

Emma and Gunner for years have loved one another, but Gunner has kept Emma at arm's length for her safety. After an Incident, Gunner throws caution to the wind and Pursues a relationship with Emma. From that point, buckle up your seatbelt. The story is fast-paced and emotional. We get Gunners back story
Brooke — brooklynnnnereads
Oct 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks
Talk about one heck of an 'alpha male' romance! In all honesty, typically I wouldn't be interested in this level of caveman in a novel but it worked for this particular story (along with the fact that it is fiction). In fact, it worked so well that I couldn't imagine Gunner without these characteristics and it's part of why I liked him so much as a character.

This is a quick, steamy, and romantic story with some suspense and thrill added to it. It was easy to read this in one sitting.

I have not
Izzie d
Oct 05, 2020 rated it liked it
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Sep 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
project_20200919_1207011_01
Finally Gunner & sweet Emmie, you can read my full review & see my teasers I made on my BLOG -> CLICK HERE
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
I have found a new MC series to enjoy! This book is really good. I.loved the hero and heroine. There was love, danger, and a new Club to meet. I can't wait to read the next one.

~Clare💜
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
Emmie and Gunner have been dancing around each other for years. Gunner is her brother Max's best friend so he has been in her life for years. And she has been in love with him forever, but this is the last. She feels that she needs to move. After his last rejection, Emmie feels that maybe she was wrong about his feelings for her.

But when Emmie gets kidnapped Gunners eyes are opened and he realizes that life is too short and he needs to claim his women right now.
Unfortunately his past has come ba
Jenel
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I live this author. She is one of my go to’s whenever a new book comes out. Okay so Emmie and Gunner finally get their happy ever after. But while we got their story we also got to meet another MC, where Ruston is prez. I hope we get a series with that group. I can’t wait for Graces story up next.
Djg
Oct 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
So Emmie and Gunner, good story sweet and sexy. Could have used a little less danger storyline, it kind of jumps into their story. But good and satisfying.
Kai
Oct 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Not safe for some. Based on this quote "No sexual experience I'd had even came close,..." So it sounds to me he's been with others even though he claims that he's loved her for years but had to keep her at arms length to keep her safe. Don't care for that trope. She was a virgin.
Zoe
This absolutely pains me...PAINS me to say...but this book was JUST okay. I know I know, I am in the minority here, but hear me out.

I had SUCH high hopes for Gunner, especially how she set them up at the end of Cash, but it felt like a let down. I felt like Megan rushed through this book and didn't give Gunner and Emmie the same build and love she gave everyone else, especially Wren & Max. As a couple who has such a vast history, I was upset that the book, especially the Prologue, didn't includ
BB London
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Megan O'Brien is one of my favourite MC authors and never disappoints. This story centres around Gunner and Emmie who grew up together and have had feelings for each other since they were sixteen but Gunner has always pushed his feelings aside and sometimes been cruel in his comments towards Emmie, all this to protect her from the man who killed his father and who he has been hunting for most of his adult life. After Emmie's life is threatened, Gunner finally decides that he can no longer live w ...more
World Of Books 65
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved the first generation but I adore the Knights MC second generation. Megan O'Brien has another hit series on her hands. This tight knit MC brotherhood will do anything for their family, wife's and brothers and you can't help falling in love with each and everyone of them.
If you are new to Megan O'Brien but love MC romances you won't be disappointed and if this is your first step into an MC world then you can't go wrong with your fist dip being a book written by this author!

Emmie and her br
Millennial Life Crisis Bookshelf - Samantha
So dang excited for the continuation of the second generation! Between the romance and suspense in Megan’s books, I can’t get enough and find myself obsessed with each book she releases! Emma and Gunner have always had feelings for each other after meeting at children, but he has always kept her at arm’s length and not let her in and she could never figure out why. When she shoots her shot and he turns her down, she’s devastated, but his true feelings come out when she’s kidnapped somewhat on ac ...more
Cassie Ashford
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Magnificent! I have been waiting so very patiently what feels like an eternity for this book and it was worth the every second. Gunner and Emmie’s journey was one that need finesse and Megan gave it just that!

I would definitely suggest reading the previous books in this series before this one but it’s not absolutely necessary. It just makes the feelings so much more meaningful in my opinion. Deeper between Gunner and Emmie.

After what happened in the last book it was like Gunner finally just thr
Brittany
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gunner, the fourth book in Megan OBriens Ride Series, second generation, is here! I have been anxiously awaiting Gunner and Emmie's story, and Megan didn't disappoint me. Though I knew she wouldn't.

What I loved:
No flashbacks. My favorite thing to say ever. Gunner and Emmie have a long history since they have known each other almost their entire lives. There wasn't a need for flashbacks, and thank goodness Megan didn't use them.

They get right to the point fairly quickly. Insta-love is a fine l
Laetitia
Oct 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Emmie Jackson is the daughter of Cal the former president of the Knight's and Jill. She's loved Gunner for as long as she can remember, he also grew up in the club. Gunner has kept Emmie at a distance in order to protect her from a danger in his past. But after the danger comes too close, he decides to be with Emmie because life's too short and he can't stay away from her any longer. When Gunner finally makes his move, Emmie is wary because of how he's treated her in the past. Gunner was a man o ...more
Emily
Emmie Jackson has been in love her Gunner Pierce for years, the problem is he has made it more then clear he doesn't want anything other then friendship. For Emmie though it has been years of mixed signals from Gunner with his overprotective ways and she has finally had enough. Emmie flees out of town after she is kidnapped needing space from the incident and from Gunner.

Gunner realizes he has pushed Emmie away more times then he can count but he has been focused on finding the man who tore his
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Review by: Jennifer
(5 stars)

Boy do I feel a reread of this series coming on! Gunner and Emmie's story jumps straight into the action, and I swear it didn't stop till the last page. We have seen throughout the series Gunner and Emmie avoid each other, while at the same time want each other. For Emmie it was super confusing, and for Gunner he had his reasons but that didn't make the situation any better. When he realizes that he almost missed his chance at making Emmie his, he decides right then a
mum.reader.dreamer.4life
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Books from Megan O'Brien may be few and far between but let me tell you they are worth every second of the wait, and Gunner was no exception!!!! Instantly enthralled in this story, I could not for the life of me put down so I simply devoured in one sitting.
For years, Gunner and Emmie have danced around each other. When Emmie is rescued and survives a dangerous encounter Gunner finally decides consequences be damned, it is time for his head and his heart get on the same page and claim what he has
Wendy Livingstone
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 4th book in this amazing series and is Gunner and Emmie’s journey. Gunner is her brother’s best friends, and they have loved each other for years and danced around their feelings, as he wants to keep her at arm’s length to protect her from his past. When Emmie is kidnapped and in danger until she is rescued, she and Gunner know they must confront their feelings and face reality, as well as any challenges they have along the way. This is a beautifully written series which is filled wi ...more
Shari
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Reading Gunner, I knew who belonged to who and I didn't have to look back to remind myself. I enjoy seeing characters we all love become parents of children who find their person and how they handle it. Gunner and Emmie have grown up together. Their love story has some snags like all love stories tend to do, but eventually they work it all out to get their happy ending. Gunner is the typical alpha we love, but he only softens for his Emmie. Emmie is a strong, independent woman. She has overprote ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gunner Pierce is Emmie Jackson's older brother's best friend, so he's been part of her life for some time. She wants more than friendship with him, but he's always keeping her at arm's length so she finally decides to move on. At that point, Gunner is running off any man who shows the least amount of interest in her, and finally after a bad incident, he decides he's going to claim her. There's just one problem with it, Emmie's not sure if she's going to give him that chance. This story was amazi ...more
Rebecca Ernst Vazquez
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic installment to the Ride Series! Book 4 of the Second Generation of the Ride Series was nothing short of a great contemporary MC love story. There's action, angst, puppy love, lust...it's got it all! Gunner and Emmie have been dancing around each other since Emmie was 16. Though she was never off-limits to Gunner, he kept his distance because he was harboring a secret mission of vengeance that he felt needed to be out of the way before he could allow himself to love anything or anyone ( ...more
Heather  Red Hatter Book Blog
Sep 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have read every book in this entire series and have loved each and every one of them. The men are sweet alphas who will do anything for their leading lady's. Gunner is no different in this respect. He has loved Emmie from afar and it takes something traumatic for him to realize he needs to do something about it. Emmie has grown into a beautiful young woman and knows what she wants. We finally get Gunner's full back story. We get to watch two people who have loved each other from afar come toge ...more
United Indie Book Blog
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Gunner" by Megan O'Brien 5 stars
Staemy!
Gunner and Emmie try to deny their feelings. They realize Emmie could have died when she was kidnapped.
I like that these characters are so close. They drop what they are doing when one is hurt or in need.

I'm glad the search for Castillo is not a main part of this story. It could have been very violent. It was handled well. It brought the two MC groups closer together.

I like the Epilogue. It is sweet. It gives a glimpse of what happens later. It allows thi
Christy
This was ok...it relies a good deal on knowledge provided in the last book. I wouldn’t necessarily call it a stand alone because of this ...
I’m a big fan of this author but everything was sort of...blah

When the heroine stands her ground after the H pushes her away one too many times, I thought...YES! Here come the juicy bits of story...

But no...even his big, oh so dark secret, was lackluster and told in so few words that it never registers. In my head, I was...oh...okkkkkkkkk???

I don’t get it.
Andrea
Oct 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gunner & Emmie’s story was amazing

These two are great. I laughed so much at their antics. Gunner and Emmie have known one another their whole lives and have always skirted around their feelings for one another. But when the unexpected happens and they realize life is too short, time skirting around feelings is over. Someone from Gunners past does cause some issues. But we all know how these men are from the Knights MC, they protect what’s theirs.
I definitely recommend reading this book and serie
D
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have read this series so many times I lost count! So far in the 2nd generation Gunner was the one I was waiting for the most. It was amazing, sweet, hot! Gave me the same feelings like when I was waiting for Cal in the 1st generation. Every single book hints at the next one to come, and in this one you'll crave the story of every single new character you meet. I couldn't put it down and read it in a day like usual. Can't wait for the next one. Always 5 stars! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Carrie
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!

This is one of my favorite series because the relationship drama is always short, well written, & makes sense to me. There's more of the story with the couples together than not, & that makes me happy!

Emmie & Gunner's story is full of love & history, steam & heart. There's a great suspense element, the beginning of Grace's story (which will be the next book in the series), and an absolutely wonderful epilogue.

Happy, swoony sigh.

Charlotte Isaac
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-books
Wow, this book was amazing. I couldn't put book down once started. I was so engrossed in the couple and everyone.

I loved Gunner and Emmie together, Gunner finally gave into his feelings. They had feelings for each other for ages. When they give into their feelings they are amazing together.

I can't wait for more.

• Kiwi (The Kings of Retribution Louisiana Book 4)
  • Riding the Line (Devil's Knights 2nd Generation #2)
  • Trident's Queen: Poseidon's Warriors MC Book Two
  • Fain (Texas Kings MC #12)
  • Riggs' Ruin (Kings Reapers MC Book 1)
  • Officially Over It (SWAT Generation 2.0, #10)
  • Holding On (Ruthless Sinners MC, #2)
  • Dirty Desires (Devil Kings MC #3)
  • Storm Damage
  • Hank (Texas Kings MC #11)
  • Bronze (Blackwings MC - Devil Springs Book 5)
  • Savage Lover  (Brutal Birthright #3)
  • Smokey's Distraction (Insurgents MC, #15)
  • My Darling Arrow (St. Mary’s Rebels, #1)
  • Lovable Lawyer
  • The Restart and the Remedy (Aces High MC - Dakotas Book 3)
  • Kyle, Jack, & Ryan: Devil Souls MC Novellas
  • Say It Ain't So (SWAT Generation 2.0, #9)
Megan O'Brien is the best selling author of The Ride Series and the Talon Security Series. She has a passion for a good love story and most enjoys writing stories with an alpha male and strong female characters.
Megan was born and raised in Marin County, California where she still resides with her amazing husband and two lovely sons.

When she's not enjoying family time or burying her nose in her kin

Ride: Second Generation (4 books)
  • Max (Ride: Second Generation #1)
  • Maddox (Ride: Second Generation, #2)
  • Cash (Ride: Second Generation, #3)

News & Interviews