Start by marking “My Sister's Husband” as Want to Read:
My Sister's Husband

My Sister's Husband

The sunroom at the back of the house is just as I remember. I can’t taste homemade lemonade or smell oatmeal cookies without thinking of home, of the beautiful cliffs of Martino Bay, and I feel welcomed. But all thoughts of a happy family reunion are destroyed the moment I see him…

He’s as handsome as I remember: broad shoulders, piercing blue eyes, hair the colour of burn
Kindle Edition
Expected publication: October 27th 2020

To ask other readers questions about My Sister's Husband, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Sister's Husband

Start your review of My Sister's Husband
Teresa
Oct 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
How many secrets can one family have? A lot, evidently. Centered around two different sets of sisters, and set in two different periods, it is full of secrets, so many secrets and jealousy and evil. This book is like a train wreck you can’t look away from, and I enjoyed every crazed minute of it.

Diane and Alice are sisters, and Alice hungers for everything Diane has and will do anything to have it. Fast forward nearly thirty years and her nieces Brooke and Freya are in the exact same place. Hist
Gary
Sep 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Another new author for me but a gripping read and an author I will look out for in the future.

This book is well plotted with some excellent characters but with three women constantly in the book I sometimes confused myself with who was who at times. Maybe I was just tired from trying to stay awake to read more. Lots of secrets, twists and turns and a good solid read. Difficult to say too much about the story without giving too much away.

I would like to thank both Netgalley and Bookouture for sup
Ann
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My Sister's Husband is the latest book from Nicola March. Get ready for a roller coaster ride! I can't tell you how many times I said "OMG" while reading this. Ms March does an excellent job of making the reader want to turn more pages, while in shock from what they just read. I want to thank NetGalley and Bookouture for an early copy to review.
Diane Merritt
Sep 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book I intrigued me. It had everything.. sisterhood, secrets, scandals, making you wonder who is telling the truth and what is really going on.
First for me from this Author and I wasn't disappointed.

Thanks to the author, the publisher, and Net Galley for an early release of this book.
Allyson Abu-Hajar
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WOW! So many secrets that just kept piling up until a big finale at the end!

This story is told from a multitude of views. It opens with Brooke, the older sister, finally returning home after being gone for ten years. Brooke didn't plan on ever coming back, but her younger sister,Freya, sent her a wedding invite, and her cousin, Lizzie, emailed her about her Aunt Alice's declining health.

Brooke, Freya & Lizzie are all close in age. What should be a joyous occasion is marred by undercurrents and s
Jossie Marie Solheim
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I devoured this book, desperate not to put it down, but to keep reading right to the end. Sadly, life didn’t allow that, as is so often the case.
This is a story of sisters and jealousy that passes from one generation to the next. Of secrets, lies and a little bit of crazy thrown in for good luck.

Brooke hasn’t been home for eleven years, having fled her home town, after one bad choice shattered her world and left her broken. Ever since she has roamed from place to place alone, and riddled with gu
Sheryl
Sep 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Plot Details

My Sister's Husband is the story of two sisters, Brooke and Freya, who were raised by their aunt, Alice. Brooke left home ten years ago and is now returning for Freya's wedding. Simple enough, right? Not exactly. Who is Freya's soon-to-be husband, and how does Brooke know him? What secrets are their Aunt Alice hiding? One after another, each secret is revealed. Will their family be able survive the revelations or will it fall apart before the wedding even happens?

My Thoughts

There are
Amanda Richardson
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My Sister's Husband by Nicola Marsh is a twisted roller-coaster ride. This book gives new meaning to the old saying: With family like this, who needs enemies? The women in this book are immersed in secrets. Big, explosive secrets. Told from three points of view and forays into the past, this book will keep readers up at night.

Brooke has been away from home for 10 or 11 years and has only returned because her Aunt Alice is experiencing dementia and her sister, Freya, is getting married. Freya fin
Kelli (what_kel_reads)
Sep 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Review to come on assigned tour date.
Jackie
Sep 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG! This book was one of the top 5 suspense novels I’ve read this year without a doubt! A truly deep emotional roller coaster of one family and the secrets that will blow you away! I couldn’t put it down because there was so many unexpected turns I had to know what happened at the end. But each time I thought I was getting closer to unraveling the madness of these twisted sisters another bomb would drop! I think many people can relate to these sisters in one way or another, and the author craft ...more
Valerie Blankenship
Sep 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book left me utterly speechless! Wow! Nicola Marsh you are a genius writer.

Being the younger than both of my sisters, I could really relate to Alice and Freya's characters, but they took it to a whole other level.

There was so many secrets, twists, and turns. I had a hard time putting it down to get anything done around my house!

If you love books that are heartbreaking, full of suspense, mysterious, and thrilling, then this is the book for you!

I felt for these characters in so many ways.
Mirna Skuhan
Sep 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
The last year I have been slowly dwelling back to suspense, thriller and books with similar narratives. I took an leave of absence from those since world is a horrific place as it is and I needed my books to relax me.

But my mind was bored and it needed some motivation whilst reading and this book just easily hit the right spot(s). It has everything you need to make you turn pages as fast as you can but also you have to read it very carefully since you don't want to be missing out.

This book is
Kavita
Oct 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nicola Marsh has made me her fan for life. I absolutely loved this story about families, secrets and human weaknesses.

The story spans two generations, Alice and Donna of the older generation and Lizzy, Brook and Freya of the younger generation. All of them are bound by stories and decisions that have been taken by Alice and Donna.
The sisters in each generation seem so much alike and yet are very different.
I am not going to write a synopsis over here because I will not be able to do justice to
Ritu Bhathal
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ooooh, what a wicked web of secrets and lies Nicola Marsh weaves in her latest suspense-filled book, My Sister's Husband!
From the off, I was pulled in to the story of two pairs of sisters, with lives and experiences that mirror one another, in an uncanny way.
Brooke arrives home, to celebrate the wedding of her sister, Freya, to Ryker, after a lengthy absence, and finds herself reuniting with family, and finding out way more about her own history than she ever imagined,
Just how twisted can a pers
momof3
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I’m sure you've heard the phrase “jealousy is the root of all evil?” That is basically the theme of this book along with sisterhood, secrets and lies. What a page turner! So many twists and so many secrets I had to keep reading to find out more. The story.goes back and forth in time between 3 main characters, Alice, Brooke and Frey’s. So you better keep up and be paying attention. However, the author does an amazing job of managing the flow and tying everything together so well that I total ...more
Bev Dulson
Sep 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this, in essence it was two parallel stories of sisters who were jealous of their siblings, interwoven with secrets and lies.

Alice is the sister in the earlier part of the story who is envious of her sister Di and believes she got everything that she should've had.

Freya is Alice's niece and believes her sister Brooke was the lucky more beautiful sister, until an accident changed her life.

Alice sees Freya in herself, but can genetics be changed or was the path always destined to be
Janilyn Kocher
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Marsh is an excellent writer. I couldn't put this book down. It has layers of lies and two Generations of deceit, jealousy, hatred, and deaths. Alice and Diana, sisters, but rivals. Freda and Brooke the next generation. One sister covets what the other has. Will she get it? At what cost? Is the price too high? As I began to unravel the snarled tale I figured out some things, but the final deceit made even my mouth drop and nothing much surprises me. I couldn't warm up to one particular character ...more
Lindsay
Oct 02, 2020 rated it really liked it

This book focuses on the story of two sets of sisters. Alice and her sister Diana and then Diana’s daughters Brooke and Freya. When Brooke returns for her sister Freya’s wedding after being away for over a decade she is surprise to realise she knows her sisters fiancé and that he was involved in the night she has spent ten years running away from. Then she finds out her sister also has a daughter she had known nothing about and her beloved Aunt Alice is now in the final stages of Dementia and ca
Kathy
Oct 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ever hear the expression "history repeats itself?" In this book it does exactly that, starting with Aunt Alice being so insanely jealous of her sister Diana's husband that she plots her death. No spoilers, but the next generation grows up pretty much the same way, with Freya being extremely jealous of her sister Brooke. Told from both the past and the present, and from several different points of view, this book and it's twists will keep you guessing. I know I guessed wrong a couple of times. Th ...more
Aimee
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was fantastic ~ So many twists and turns! I thought I had it figured out and then boooom...something shocking would emerge! The author did a great job keeping me guessing. It was a great story with lots of surprises and me trying my best to figure it all out! The ending was wild. I completely loved this book and I finished it in one four hour reading marathon. If you love suspenseful books, you will love this!! Thanks to NetGalley for the chance to read this book early ~ it was so good ...more
Kathy
Oct 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for the Kindle ARC of My Sister's Husband. This book was a great surprise, as its not the typical type of book I would choose. Two sets of sisters, one in the recent past and one in the present, harbor secrets from each other, lies to each other and plenty of deception. Loss of life, love, children and trust are the results. It was hard to put the book down once I started and I was eager to get back to it.
Cindy Stamm
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Often people say that they enjoyed the twists and turns that a book takes, but this book takes it to an even higher level. I was absolutely blown away by the revelations at the end. Nicola Marsh masterfully weaves together two time lines and the very complicated relationships in this family. The exploration of the secrets being held by several characters was intense and gripping.
Meredith
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
And here I thought my family had issues! “My Sister’s Husband” had me saying WTH so often and the end blew me away. Great tale of family, sisterhood, a mother’s love, jealousy, hate, and rage. So well written I was hooked from the beginning until the end. I cannot wait for the next book by Nicola Marsh. She has quickly become one of my favorite authors and I will be ordering more of her books.
Richelle Ulmer
Oct 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sister rivalry and jealousy centered around two sets of sister spanning two generations describes this story perfectly. Brooke and Freya are raised by their aunt Alice. Freya has always coveted what Brooke had, including her boyfriend. Aunt Alice’s path years before with her sister and the girls mother, Diane, was very similar. Told through multiple narrators going between now and then adds to the suspense and keeps you guessing.

Layers of lies and many twists make this suspense thriller a fast p
Annette
Oct 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-read-2020
Wow! What a twisted book! This certainly was a page turner, I couldn’t put it down. I thought I pretty much had it figured out but it still surprised me! I will definitely be watching for more books by this author.
Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for the early copy
Lorraine
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing book, reading it I felt I had it all worked out, then a huge plot twist.. then another.. and another! Absolutely brilliant! I felt as though I was watching a fast paced action film, eager for more. Family drama, lies, manipulation, this book has it all. Highly recommended.
Tani
Sep 25, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arc
I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review. Thanks to the publishers and Netgalley.
Nicola Marsh
Aug 24, 2020 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
A twisty and emotional domestic thriller for fans of Liane Moriarty, Kerry Fisher and Sally Hepworth from USA Today bestselling author Nicola Marsh. It will keep you turning the pages deep into the night absorbed by every last word.

PRE-ORDER NOW!
Amazon: https://geni.us/B08DRNDRZZCover
Apple: http://ow.ly/HgrW50ALiwX
Kobo: http://ow.ly/JihY50ALirC
Google: http://ow.ly/mHsr50AM19I
Caroline Kerdouci
Oct 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Actual rating 3.5 stars

Wow! Nicola Marsh’s latest psychological thriller My Sister’s Husband takes sibling rivalry to new heights. In a storyline that witnesses obsession transformed into evil wrongdoing, the dual timeline in this novel between then and now will aim to shock you, with one family’s history set to repeat itself.

Brooke Stuart is finally returning to her childhood home in Martino Bay, after eleven years absence. Her reason? It’s younger sister Freya’s impending nuptials to fiancé R
Traci
This book was a rollercoaster, and this family has more problems than an entire season of The Young and the Restless!!

My Sister’s Husband is the tale of two sisters, Brooke and Freya, who haven’t seen each other in ten years. Brooke left home with a mess of secrets, and she only comes back for Freya’s wedding. Also in the mix is their cousin, Lizzie, and their aunt, Alice, who raised all three girls on her own after Brooke and Freya’s parents died when they were very young. There’s also Freya’s

• The Housewarming
  • First Date
  • The Ex Boyfriend
  • The Wife
  • The Assistant: A gripping psychological thriller with a nerve-shredding ending
  • My Husband's Daughter
  • Mirrorland
  • Be Careful What You Wish For
  • The End of Her
  • The Next Wife
USA TODAY bestselling and award-winning Australian author Nicola Marsh writes feel-good fiction…with a twist.

She has published 70 books and sold over 8 million copies worldwide.

She currently writes contemporary romance for Penguin Random House Berkley USA, domestic suspense novels for Hachette UK's Bookouture, and rural romance for Harper Collins Australia's Mira imprint.

She's a Waldenbooks, Books