Start by marking “Rescuing Ryan (Finding My Forever #4)” as Want to Read:
Rescuing Ryan (Finding My Forever #4)

Rescuing Ryan

(Finding My Forever #4)

A steamy medical first responder romance...

Ryan Reynolds never imagined she'd be taking a job as a sex-free escort when she started nursing school, but with bills piling up and rent looming over, she's forced to take matters in her own hands-even if that means agreeing to the oldest profession.

So, what if she's a nursing student by day and an escort by night? She is an in
Published November 11th 2020 by Amazon Digital Services (first published November 5th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Rescuing Ryan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rescuing Ryan

Start your review of Rescuing Ryan (Finding My Forever #4)
Rebmay
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book features a sexy, steamy romance between two strong-willed, vibrant and ambitious people. It takes us through their first meeting, their first hookup, their commitment to each other and then their realization that that something is lacking in their lives. Settle in for fun, flirty banter, some very steamy encounters and some angsty relationship woes.

Chris is a hot, sexy fireman with loads of self confidence and a huge protective streak. He first meets Ryan at a swanky restaurant where
K.A. Earnest
Feb 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
Okay, so I have read all of Syd’s books in this series. And this was by FAR my favorite. My biggest complaint with some romance books is that I don’t feel the tension. I want the tension! I want the angst! Relationships aren’t rainbows and butterflies and happiness all the time, and I think the relationship between Ryan and Chris shows this. It starts off with external conflict, which they overcome because with a new and exciting love it’s easier to tackle problems together. But the second half ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Nov 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the 4th book in this series and is Chris and Ryan’s story. Ryan is a nursing student who work hard and struggles financially, which leads her to finding another means to support herself. Chris is a sext firefighter, and when these two meets it is in a restaurant where he has just been placed firmly into the friend zone, and Ryan is struggling with her handsy date, which brings a protective Chris to her aid. Fast forward a tad and their relationship is struggling as they are kept busy wit ...more
Char (1RadReader59)
Chris and Ry’s story wasn’t what I expected, and it saddened me. This is not, the Chris I had come to know, and love, in the other stories. He’s great at the beginning of the story, being the guy who has just been dumped, by our lovable, Jamie. Yet, still finds it in himself to be, Ry’s knight in shining armor. For me, it is the eight-year jump, that sours me.

Not only does the feel of the story change, but the character of Chris for a good portion of the book seems to change. It does, however,
Ashton
Nov 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
* * I HAD BEEN GIVEN AN ADVANCED READERS COPY IN EXCHANGE FOR MY HONEST REVIEW * *

I really love how the first bit of this book is a sweet and easy read. Ryan is struggling and deciding how she wants to save herself in the most unconventional way. That way leading her to Chris who was struggling with wanting more but with the wrong person. I love how their relationship is an equal balance of love and respect for one another. No matter how much he wants to rush in and save her day, he allows her t
Stevie Schneider
Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Who doesn’t love a hot sexy fireman lead because I sure as hell do! Chris and Ryan meet at a fancy restaurant where he feels the need to step in, and save her from a handsy date. After being her knight in shining armor he ends up with Ryan’s phone number. Their instant attraction just spills off the pages making this an absolute must read on my list for 2020. This was actually my first Syd Ryan book, and I can’t wait to read more. Be sure to add this to your GoodReads list.
Gail
Nov 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ryan and Chris's story was so amazingly written. Syd does and amazing job with her stories. I fall in love with each of her books. This book is worth a second read. This couple may be in my top ten couples this year ...more
Stephanie
Nov 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I read Ryan & Chris’s short story when it was it a part of Risk Everything anthology. If you haven’t read the short story then the first 17 chapters is how long the short story was. My review is going to be the second part of the book.

It was good to catch up with these characters six years later. Ryan & Chris were both still trying to balance their work life and their relationship. Ryan & Chris’s journey was not easy, but worth it in the end.

I voluntarily reviewed this book.
Kasey McCarthy
Nov 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ryan is a hardworking nursing student when she meets Chris the firefighter. Their attraction is immediate but Ryan is driven to be the best she can be at her job. Can Chris convince her that she can have everything she wants?
Garfield
Nov 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book can be read as a standalone and it's my first from this author, but definitely not my last, I'll probably check out the previous books of this series when I have time. It's a romance that's a little like love at first sight, but it does take its time to develop and grow instead of being perfect instantly. The book lasts a lot longer than I expected and the story goes way beyond what a romance book would normally go, but it's entertaining.

Ryan was put in a terrible position when her ro
Natalia Kern
Dec 08, 2020 marked it as to-read
Once again syd Ryan kills it. She is such an amazing author and every book she’s written is so good. I loved this book. It was so steamy and I couldn’t wait to finish it. She blows me away with her abilities.
Kayla Pocernich
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 4th book in this series and this is Chris and Ryan’s story. Ryan is a nursing student who is working hard to finish nursing school, she is struggling financially which leaves her finding another means to support herself. Chris is a sexy firefighter who enjoys his job. These two meet at a restaurant where Chris saves Ryan from an awkward situation. The attraction between these two is great but they both agree to be just friends because they are both super busy with there careers. Time ...more
Ashleigh
Mar 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Ryan and Chris
In this book we meet Miss Ryan Reynolds... Yes that's correct Ryan Reynolds lol and this book I think is fabulously written! I loved Chris's character he was dedicated to his lady, but their story I think highlights realistic components of relationships! Definitely recommend well worth your time! ❤❤

Georgia
Nov 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading Rescuing Ryan a good addition to the series. The storyline is enjoyable with small town charm,friends, gossip and love. I believe a story is only as powerful as its characters and Chris and Ryan leaped from the page. I love stories where the hero and heroine are immediately drawn to each other, but have to overcome their own fears in addition to external obstacles. If you enjoy romances that are sizzling and heartfelt, I highly recommend this book.

I received a free copy of this
Danielle Marlowe
Nov 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Chris and Ryan's story, these two were made for each other. The connection they had was strong, they were drawn to each other. The chemistry was sexy, they were good together. ...more
C bond
Nov 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved

I loved this book. It was just so real. All the people in the book are like people that you would know, and like warts and all.
Hugo Lopez
Nov 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Reality

There was so much truth to this story. Love is great and the books I've read til now show only happy. I love hearing people going thru true troubles of life and being with the one you love. Not everything is rosy and I love the way they met. Thank you for writing this as I just felt right.
Johanna Sawyer
Nov 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Cute story about a girl doing what it takes to be successful in life even if it means an adage old profession. Ryan meets a sexy firefighter and suddenly it’s harder than she thought to struggle through. The book takes us through the meeting and getting together of Ryan and Chris but later shifts the story seven years later. A big skip for the most part but still a good story.
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Nov 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It Grabbed My attention and focus so strong I could not put it down. A word of advice when you get your copy. Grab a snack, a comfy seat, kick back and relax. You will not be moving until you finish this bad boy here. Remarkable job. Thanks for sharing.
Pat
Feb 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
The characters were very likable and the instant attraction between Chris and Ryan kept me totally captivated from the very beginning and the wonderfully written storyline kept me turning the pages until the very last page!
Nate
Dec 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't get enough of Chris & Ryan's book. Good characters. It was a fun, entertaining read. I received a free copy of the book. And am voluntarily leaving my honest opinion. ...more
Jacie
Jul 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Rescuing Ryan is apart of the Forever series and it's my favorite one yet! I originally read this story when it was part of an anthology and it's even better now!
Ryan is a tenacious woman who is trying to better herself. When she finds herself in a bad financial situation, she goes outside of her comfort zone to survive.
We've met Chris before and I was so happy to know he was getting his own story. He's a firefighter who wants a partner in life and he keeps choosing the wrong women.
Chris and R
Alyssa
Nov 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This short story that tells Chris and Ryan's relationship was in my opinion, the best one so far in this series. Ryan is such a hard working nursing student and despite the struggles that she faces financially, she seems to have a strong personality and is a fighter. When Chris, the extremely sexy firefighter, meets her at the restaurant, it starts something different in their relationship than just friendship. They just have to work on communicating and it becomes pretty obvious as the story pr ...more
Anna  M_82
Jan 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!! Chris is so sweet and romantic and Ryan is a beautiful soul. Together they are just the best!! They have some tough times to go through but nothing too overly dramatic and no cheating. The writing of this book is so good and bring you into the world that Syd has created. I need to go back and read more in this series because they are so good! I’m hoping the next story is about Iris and Harrison!

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a re
Sharon
Jul 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Ryan is in nursing school with bills to pay.. but her roommate bailed and left her in a bind. When her bestie suggests taking a job as an escort, Ryan takes the chance!

Sometimes things don't work out the way you think they will though.. and Ryan finds out real quick when she meets Chris.

Chris doesn't like it when he finds out Ryan's current job ... but she doesn't let his negativity stop her from living her life.

Ups, downs, laughter and angst..this story has it all and I enjoyed every page!
Esme Greiner
Dec 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ryan is in a bind and has no choice but to turn to being an escort. On her first "date" on the job she is rescued by Chris when her date turns ugly. That is the start of their friendship which they decide to keep as friends given their busy work schedules. Over time their relationship starts to evolve into more. Will they be able to stay just friends or can they see they are meant to be together?

Tc
Jan 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is the 4th book in the Finding My Forever Series. This is Chris and Ryan's story. Ryan (working nursing student) while Chris, (is a firefighter), they meet at the restaurant, this begins the transition from friend to partnership!. Although their communication skills leave a lot to be desired. Will they finally get their act together?

Shannon Sharpless
Feb 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
Just remember when you were in school and would do anything to finish on time and you were doing it all on your own? Ryan was doing just that. In her last year of nursing school she needed money bad and didn't have time for a full-time job. She does what any college student would do in a pinch, find a quick paying occupation. Chris swoops in and rescues Ryan when she needed him the most. This is a sweet short story. ...more
Lynn Stifle
Feb 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is the fourth book in the Finding My Forever series and so good!! Ryan is in nursing school and in some financial trouble, which leads her to working as an escort. Chris saves Ryan when her date gets handsy and their attraction is immediate. They decide to be just friends, but over time their friendship becomes so much more. Such a wonderful story and one I enjoyed immensely. Highly recommend.
Lisa
Feb 22, 2022 rated it liked it
Ryan needed to get her head out of her butt. Chris needed to remember communication is key. They both needed to do a better job communicating. I actual like that Doctor Hattie had a thing for her friend Iris the snarky one. Good story, LOTS of details.

• The Sainthood: The Complete Series
  • Air Force Hero
  • Let Freedom Ring
  • Doctor D's Orderly Affair
  • Doctor Trouble (Doctors of Eastport General)
  • The Pass (Smart Jocks #5)
  • Baker Seeks Mountain Man (Bear Mountain Brothers, #4)
  • The Captive (Savage Mountain Men #1)
  • Always You (Survivor, #5)
  • Out of Love
  • Without You: Scotch and Sammy duet - book 2 (Survivor, #3)
  • Rewriting You (Survivor, #4)
  • Show-Off in Spurs (Crossroads, #5)
  • Cowboy's Christmas Rodeo
  • Best Laid Plans
  • Surviving You (Survivor, #2)
  • Doctor Heartbreak (Doctors of Eastport General)
  • Flames and Flowers (Players #4.5)
Syd Ryan works as a qualified mental health specialist with troubled youth in a teen residential facility. Concussions, aches, pains don’t stop her. Syd works sixteen- hour shifts and her best writing happens after the hours of midnight. Syd is married, and a mother to three boys. Syd holds two college degrees in Nursing and Exercise Science. Stronger is Syd’s debut contemporary romance novel.
She

Finding My Forever (4 books)
  • Stronger
  • Worthy (Finding My Forever #2)
  • Unexpected Gift

News & Interviews

Here at Goodreads World Headquarters, we're always on alert for any shifts in readerly attention that we can spot. Recently we've noticed a...