Start by marking “Idols and Enemies (Amplifier Book 4)” as Want to Read:
Idols and Enemies (Amplifier Book 4)

Idols and Enemies

(Amplifier #4)

I knew that opening the letter from the sorcerer Azar would have deadly consequences.
So we had prepared.
We’d planned.
We knew we might have to defend ourselves, our freedom. And that I might finally get a chance to exact the revenge I kept telling myself I wasn’t interested in exacting.
What we didn’t know was that we’d find ourselves hosting a dysfunctional family reunion —
Published September 29th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Idols and Enemies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Idols and Enemies

Start your review of Idols and Enemies (Amplifier Book 4)
Gina
Nov 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
One of the best things to come out of the pandemic, at least for me, is that I discovered Meghan Ciana Doidge. She writes urban fantasy in sets of interlocking trilogies and I'm completely hooked. I had so much fun reading through the first 20 or so books, that I didn't pause to think about what would happen when I was through all the backlist. This was the first one I had to wait for. It was completely worth it - the first of a new trilogy - but admit to being frustrated that I now have to wait ...more
Wendi
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great read

If you haven’t read Meghan’s books you need to NOW!! I’m loving how Emma’s character is developing. I can’t wait to see what happens next. I would love my own Paisley. He is one of my favorite characters.
Rebecca
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of the absolute best!!

Meghan's book never fail to deliver. She has created the most amazing escape in the Adept Universe. If ever you need a pick me up or somewhere to go her books always deliver! Beautifully written for you!
Jen
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Awesome addition to the series

Love these characters and the way they grow and evolve. Can't wait to see what's next for Emma, and also for Opal and her friends.
Casey Ellen Reynolds
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing as always!

Love hearing more from Aiden’s family, and the 4.5 from Opals view was awesome! Thank you again for sharing your work with us, another good one, looking forward to hearing more about the Archivist.
Kandice
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Meghan Ciana Doidge"She has a penchant for bloody love stories"

Emma and Aiden's story tipped the scales to love over blood in this one. Emma experienced so many circumstances of love and family and friendship which contrasted to her own upbringing. The focus was on her relationship with Aiden and the plot that pulled him into dealing with the two sides of his family. I loved watching Emma think and choose rather than having to act/react for survival. I so love this world and the characters' evo
C. McIntosh
Dec 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Idols & Enemies – Amplirier Book 4
Emma and Aiden are still adjusting to life without the past to haunt them, or are they?
Unfortunately, Aiden’s parents turn up – both bringing issues with them and then more members of the families, each tearing the fragile webs of family apart. As the story deepens, they discover more powerful spells and magic, some of which is bad and some of which is good.
I don’t want to tell you too much for spoilers, but I will say that Meghan Ciana Doidge is a fabulous writ
Gail
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Awesomely wonderful!

May I just say fricking awesome!!!

The build up to this Sorcerer showdown with Aiden and his father had had me bring my nails. Hubsters like it's a frickin BOOK!! I looked at him appalled 😮

Add in his brothers, sisters, cousin and mother you know it's going to be an epic smack down 😉

Emma must face one of the Collective on her own turf and invite him in.

I adore all the characters in this series, but Madam Paisley has my heart 💖💖 her antics make me lol.

This series, IMHO, isn't ju
Lisa Maddison
Nov 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love Meghan Ciana Doidge and her writing.

I am always looking for books that hook you within a short number of pages and this author can do it by the second chapter. Emma and Aiden have the house to themselves and get a visit from Aiden's father quickly followed by his brothers. This results in his Mother needing to come with his half sisters. The atmosphere is quickly ratcheted up, but by the end of the book we are reminded of last characters from her other books, so I hope everyone is coming
Karen  Byington
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: done
I've enjoyed all of Meghan Ciana Doidge's books from the cupcake series (where I started) through this one and this was no exception to my enjoyment. I usually keep reading her books until I finish it. I'm retired. :)

She brings life to her characters and she showed the complex relationships that can happen in families. I am looking forward to more stories including maybe a few about the next generation.

Highly recommend this and all of the others. I would suggest with the first Amplifier book, an
Sheila Johnston
As always Amazing

I really enjoy Emma's journey in learning or finding her humanity. Her & Aiden gaining confidence in themselves & each other, their ever expanding family & friends. This recent challenge to there lives is a family affair from hell. The surprise rescue is a total shock & hints at a crossover that's thrilling. Salivating for #5!
Ingrid
Feb 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio, canadian, fantasy
Emma and Aiden were very sexy in this book - great to see after the ups and downs of their relationship in the first 3 books. Can't wait for the next one, with Emma's new powers. Great new characters as well! ...more
meital
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Emma has become my favorite character, I just love her, Aiden, Christopher, but most of all- Paisley 😍 that demon dog has stole my heart.
I enjoyed this book so much, Aiden's family dynamics were superb 💪
what a breath of fresh air
5 stars
M.A.SPRIGGS
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another enjoyable in this series

Another great book from one of my favourite authors. Well written with a fast paced storyline that keeps you hooked until the end. I've loved all of this author's numerous series and cannot wait until the next book. Highly recommend.
Melissa Goodall
Oct 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Excellent work! Fast, tight, smooth writing with no lulls in the tempo. Love the addition of new and interesting characters and the possibilities they bring to the Adept world.
This novel was a welcome read, not even a hint like work!
Rebecca Goss
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love Emma and Aiden. There's enough family drama in this book to make readers angsty. I love how they manage to put each other first amongst the mess that has erupted. We can all learn from their relationship! ...more
Taz
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this author. This book did not disappoint. The characters are developing really well and the links to the other books are fun and often subtle which gives the whole series layers. I can't wait for the next book! ...more
S. C. McNeil
Love the series, hope next one comes soon, but hate the cover art. Doesn't due justice to true strengths and complexity of characters. ...more
Eileen
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was great. I loved the characters and the story. I love this author.
Maggie Mcdonald
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic. Ups the action & drama & relationships. I loved it
b. Chaney
Oct 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Emma and Adain

Lots of action and they stayed home. Left story open for great events. Yeah! Thank you Meghan, great read. Exceeded my expectations.
Det Cornforth
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mighty

Brilliant. Highly recommended. Disappointed you won't be. Plenty of action and power play scenarios. Buy the series you'll love it. Enough said, go buy.
Lisa Norvell
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow

I absolutely love the world of Meghan Ciana Doidge. The latest story did not disappoint. Do yourself a favour read them all.
Barbara Dunbar
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Idols & enemies

Emma and Aiden finally open the letter from Kadar Azar and of course he comes to visit. Things escalate and more battles with the supernatural occur.
Teresa Tidwell
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book!

As always Meghan never fails to deliver excellence. I loved hearing from Mory again. Can't wait for the next book!
Ashlee
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Meghan does it again, great story and I love how she’s tying all the story lines together!
gloria marquardt
Nov 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
A great story.

Are ocean and Grosvenor going to become regulars? The stories are becoming more intense. Possession and demi-gods. Will there be more?
Pam
Nov 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant

Another brilliant book, keeps you guessing all the way through, strong characters you will adore, twists you do not expect, huge thanks to the author.
Becca
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Where to begin...1) the verbal volleys in this, of all MCD's books, are second to none. Clever, witty, quick, biting, delightfully wicked where needed and powerful when wanted. 2) The scope of Emma's story has grown, ebbed, flowed, but constantly grown and, while I have not embraced her like the Dowser (but really, Wisteria and Kett [cry eyes emoji]) she has me riveted.

Cannot wait for more, MCD! Let's go!
Emily Ladouceur
Feb 24, 2021

• Proof of Life (The Potentate of Atlanta, #4)
  • Moment of Truth (The Potentate of Atlanta #5)
  • How to Rattle an Undead Couple (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #9)
  • Magitek (The Rift Chronicles, #1)
  • Witching for Joy (Premonition Pointe, #3)
  • War Song (The Rift Chronicles, #2)
  • Dragons Don't Eat Meat (Valkyrie Bestiary #1)
  • Booked for Murder (Vigilante Magical Librarians, #1)
  • Dervishes Don't Dance (Valkyrie Bestiary #2)
  • Magical Midlife Invasion (Leveling Up #3)
  • Echoed Defiance (Jacky Leon, #4)
  • Outfoxed (The Fox Witch #1)
  • Only The Strong (A Death Gate Grim Reapers Thriller, #5)
  • Caffeinated Calamity (A Two Broomsticks Gas & Grill Witch Cozy Mystery, #2)
  • Midlife Ghost Hunter (Forty Proof, #4)
  • A Savage Spell (A Nix Trilogy)
  • Jealousy's a Witch (Midlife in Mosswood #2)
  • Blood Heir (Aurelia Ryder, #1)
Meghan Ciana Doidge is an award-winning writer based out of Salt Spring Island, British Columbia, Canada. She has a penchant for bloody love stories, superheroes, and the supernatural. She also has a thing for chocolate, potatoes, and cashmere.

Novels (in order of release): After the Virus, Spirit Binder, Time Walker, Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (Dowser 1), Trinkets, Treasures, and O

Amplifier (4 books)
  • Demons and DNA (Amplifier #1)
  • Bonds and Broken Dreams (Amplifier #2)
  • Mystics and Mental Blocks (Amplifier #3)