Start by marking “As The Stars Fall” as Want to Read:
As The Stars Fall

As The Stars Fall

(Dog Novels For Adults)

A desperate dog. A scarred girl. A bond nothing can break.

When a young girl suffering with her own tragedy comes across an injured young dog, she can’t resist helping him. Both having braved the worst the world had to throw at them, the pair quickly form an unbreakable bond. They picture their future as an endless stream of adventures filled with love, laughter, and good t
Published August 25th 2020 by Blue Zoo

To ask other readers questions about As The Stars Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about As The Stars Fall

Start your review of As The Stars Fall
Shannon Rochester
Sep 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: requests
I was approached by the author to see if I would be interested in reading this book and since it was about a dog, of course I said yes. And seriously? I only have three words for this book. OH MY GOD. We all have had at least one serious connection to a dog and that is what this book is about. We meet Dog before we meet anyone else...he is alone on the streets after his whole family got picked up by the dog catcher but everyday he goes and pees on a certain spot in hopes they will come back and ...more
Dianne
Aug 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The innocence of childhood shattered, one young girl will fill the hole in her heart with the undying love and loyalty of a puppy who has never known kindness at the hands of a human. Steve N. Lee’s AS THE STARS FALL is THAT book that should be read by all in need of the proof of the power of love and the magic in the hearts of an animal who has bonded with their “person.”

Grab the tissues, you’ll need them for both the tears and the laughter as we follow an abandoned and abused puppy as he tells
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
If you are looking for a light hearted book about dogs, this is not the one you want to read. But if you are looking for a book that has all of the emotions running through it, then this is the book you will want to read.

The is story is told from the dog's perspective and I found it interesting how the author interpreted what a dog might be thinking when faced with different situations. He also demonstrated the pack mentality and the bond that dogs form with humans. I've seen that bond with the
Leena Aluru
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG! What a fantastic love story. Just like the title, there aren't enough stars to rate this one. Great writing and absolutely loveable, loveable, loveable mcs. Seriously, I want Kai.

One of this books greatest plus points is its language. I've not read such a pure book in recent days.... not a single cuss word. Its so pleasant considering thats what most current authors believe in making their book more authentic and relatable to Gen Z. Well, this book is proof enough to the contrary. Great st
Gmr
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I should have never read this book...and yet I can't bring myself to regret a moment.
It's a story that is equal parts intense beauty and heart wrenching agony, all tied up with an adorable fur baby to boot. It's a story that has all the feels, and I do mean ALL THE FEELS, big enough to drag you around by the nose, like so many scattered scents on the wind to our beloved canines, and toss you amid the stars to frolic, to play, yet to utterly fall under its spell.

In it's simplest form, it's a stor
Judith
Aug 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a heart warming story that will keep you turning the pages. I can't remember reading a book that touched me with a plethora of emotions like "As The Stars Fall".
I'm a pushover when it comes to a dog so when I saw the picture on the cover I knew I had to check it out. Well, the first chapter did not disappoint. I was captivated and could not put this book down except for the times I had to get a hanky.
The author Steve N Lee has not only written an outstanding book but, has succeeded in
Cheryl A. Swift
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary ARC of this book. I have to say I loved this book! I've never read a book from this perspective although I have often thought about how it would be. I could feel everything as if I were experiencing it myself. I suggest having tissues handy! It also reminded me why I like animals better than people. I highly recommend this book! ...more
Marion  Ryder
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best books I have ever read. It touched my heart so much. It will give you all emotions. The fact that this hurting little girl met this sad, abandoned little dog is enough to make anyone believe in miracles. This was a story that I was able to get lost in. I think that anyone who reads the story of unconditional love between Kia and Mia will be touched forever.
Barb (Boxermommyreads)
Aug 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Several months ago the author reached out to me to see if I would be interested in reading an upcoming release he had planned. He had clearly visited my blog as he even mentioned some reviews of other dog-centric books I've loved. I said I'd be glad to and about two weeks ago, the digital copy arrived. I knew it was probably going to be a tad difficult to read because face it, if you do a dog book well, there's bound to be some sadness. However, knowing The Farm has totally embraced The Dog Days ...more
Jeanne
Sep 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 rounded to 4 - Sweet, sad, uplifting
Richard Haynes
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, animals
Oh my this one is great but reader beware you will cry and then be happy. This book is for dog lovers for sure.
Hobart
Aug 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads
★ ★ ★ 1/2 (rounded up
This originally appeared at The Irresponsible Reader.
---
WHATS AS THE STARS FALL ABOUT?
This is told from the perspective of a young homeless dog, struggling to survive on the streets of some town. He scavanges to get by and has learned that dogs who aren't his mother and siblings and people aren't to be trusted. He can't find his pack and isn't doing a great job of feeding himself when he's found by a young girl who convinces her Daddy to bring him home.

Slowly, he learns to
Carole Rae
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am in love with stories like this. It always hits me right in the feels!

The story follows a young, desperate dog who has not had a lot of luck. A young girl finds him suffering in a moldy old box and takes him home. Little do they realize that they need each other. They quickly form an unbreakable bond that will last forever.

Where is my box of tissue?? This had me feeling all the feels. I had tears of joy and tears of sorrow. This author certainly played with my emotions with this one. I fel
Christa Mcgrath
Sep 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kai is a hungry, lonely, and scared dog. He is living on the streets with an injury. Humans haven’t treated him too kindly either … until he meets her.

Mia is a young girl who suffered an unspeakable tragedy. One day while out with her dad she stumbles upon Kai. As the stars fall is their story — a story of friendship, healing, and love; and one of heartache, sadness, and change.

This story is narrated by Kai and readers will be treated to an unforgettable tale as he learns to adapt to living in a
Carla Johnson-Hicks
I absolutely love dogs. I love reading about dogs, watching movies about dogs and spending time with dogs. When I was invited to read this book, I jumped at the chance, it sounded perfect for me. Who wouldn't fall in love with a story about a pup who has been living on the streets, being rescued by a young girl and her father. I don't want to give away the plot in this story, so will leave it there, but I want to share some of my thoughts as I was reading this book. At times, I felt like this bo ...more
Judy Johnson
Aug 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Grab some tissues, your beverage of choice, and a quiet corner where you won't be disturbed, because, simply stated, once you start this book it is hard to find a good place to stop. I don't generally go for stories that aren't some kind of thriller or detective base, but I was asked by the author to read this and provide my thoughts. I loved it so much, I purchased it so I could have a completely edited, finished copy. I am so glad I did. This book is just great! Never a spoiler in my reviews h ...more
Els
Aug 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a funny story where life is seen through the eyes of a dog. He compares different aspects and tries to understand those strange creatures called humans. There are a lot of mysteries he has to find an answer to.

The banter between Mia and Dad is also hilarious and it’s great to see them blossom again after the tragedy they were confronted with.

Once you connect with a dog, there is a bond that will never break. You stick together through thick and thin. No matter what happens, you are frie
Robin
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a absolutely beautiful story written from the dog’s perspective. Amazing look into how dogs see humans, Mia is the young lady who finds the injured puppy she names Kai. She is very depressed as her mother has died recently and it is just her and her dad. They have a great relationship and he lets her keep Kai. They are inseparable and this is their story. Make sure you have tissues as you will cry. The amazing bond between the two of them and the love they share is worth the red eyes and ...more
Darina
My full review available on Facing the Story
As the Stars Fall explores the myriad of emotions when dog and human meet and the special bond that is formed through the eyes of Kai, an injured homeless puppy rescued by a kind girl and her dad. Stories like this are always heartfelt and touching however what made this story truly special was witnessing the exciting and strange sounds, smells and feelings from a dog's perspective. Details such as the scents in Mia and Dad's house and finding happines
Elli
As The Stars Fall: A Book for Dog Lovers

I loved this book. The author did a fantastic job writing it. I’ve never thought of dogs having feelings as in this book. It put my son’s dog Gunner and his love for my son in a whole new perspective. A tear jerker but loved the ending. Will definitely read again and again...
Barb Lie
Aug 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As the Stars Fall by Steve N Lee is a standalone novel centered around a dog. I did not know what to expect, but upon completion of the book, I thought Lee did a marvelous job writing this wonderful story. The entire book is in the POV of the dog, who is named Kai.

We meet Kai, who is a puppy, roaming the streets starving and afraid, with no one left of his family. Every where he goes, he is frightened by the nasty people, and dangerous animals. One such animal, a hound dog, injures Kai, and a sw
Cathy
Jul 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
So touching

Heartwarming….heart wrenching…..so sweet ….a book for every dog lover….an ending I didn’t see coming….highly recommend….I want a dog like Kai…
Jo  Ann
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you’re a dog lover this is a very good story. A bit of a tear jerker towards the end but a happy ending. Told from the perspective of the central character.
Donna Cusick
Sep 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great heartwarming book

I truly enjoyed reading this book. It was at times funny, at times very sad (when the tears were flowing), and very heartwarming. A must read for dog lovers.
Eirlys
An emotional seesaw

I loved this story that showed the love between a dog and his special someone. The range of emotions moved from high to low and inbetween. I liked that it was told from Kia's viewpoint, it made me glued to his narrative, wanting more. I was captivated by the faithfulness of Kia, in fact it reminded me of the wonderful dogs that I have loved throughout my life. It made me laugh, but also wipe away a tear or two.
Sheila
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a great book. If you love dogs you'll love this. Great characters and hope for the future. ...more
Margie
Sep 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
A dog and girl find each other and the story begins. Just a clue, have the tissues nearby.
Eveie Hickman
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A truly engaging tale of a dog left abandoned in an alley, and a girl . The girl and the dog form an unbreakable bond as they work to heal their repective pains. Written from the. Dogs point of view was interesting and I can see through my own dog how Kai feels.
Michelle Whitham (curled_up_with_a_good_book)
What a beautiful, amazing and emotional read.  I've never read a book that made me cry so much!!

Dog has a hard life living on the streets and is on the verge of giving up when he is found by a little girl who takes him home.  While he tries to figure out why they have kidnapped him, he learns that not all humans are bad.....

Mia has had her own problems and together they support each other and build an unbreakable bond.  But just as things seem to be working out well, everything changes.....

I don
Mary Ann
Aug 30, 2020 rated it liked it
Okay, I shamelessly admit to being a total sucker for dog stories. A box of tissues is a required accessory for many of them, and this story is no exception. It's a quick read, very predictable with regard to the human characters and plot, but I'm giving it three stars simply because I loved the dog. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Toby
  • Will You Love Me?: The Rescue Dog That Rescued Me (Foster Tails Book 2)
  • Gabby: The Little Dog That Had to Learn to Bark
  • Diary of a Dumpster Pup: How a cat lover saved the life of an abandoned newborn puppy. A true story.
  • Keeping Bailey (Forever Home #4)
  • Seven Perfect Things
  • The Dog Under The Bed
  • Sasha
  • Come Home to Deep River (Alaska Homecoming #1)
  • Limbo Jubilee
  • Not Marked: Finding Hope and Healing after Sexual Abuse
  • Say You Will: A Faderville Novel (The Faderville Novels Book 5)
  • Slow Down
  • Chasing the Blue Sky
  • Little Tea
  • Arthur On The Streets (The Dog Under The Bed #2)
  • Enemies of Doves
  • Tea & Treachery (Tea by the Sea Mysteries Book 1)
Thriller writer Steve N. Lee…
• cage-dived with great white sharks
• speaks 10 languages
• studied Tae Kwon Do to black belt level
• has visited 53 countries
• worked with Patrick Stewart of X-Men fame
• hand-fed a wild orangutan in a rainforest
• played guitar in a rock band
• is a certified SCUBA diver
• sparred with a monk at a Shaolin temple
• drove at 100 mph on Bonneville Salt Flats
• watche

Dog Novels For Adults (2 books)
  • As The Skies Cry