Start by marking “A Wedding on the Riviera (Riviera #2)” as Want to Read:
A Wedding on the Riviera (Riviera #2)

A Wedding on the Riviera

(Riviera #2)

A return to the Riviera on the trail of a runaway groom ...

When out-of-work actor Ryan Calder attends a wedding as the plus-one of successful businesswoman, Nadine Wells, he doesn’t expect to get in a scuffle with the groom.

But Ryan has a good reason. He recognises the groom from another wedding where the same man made a quick getaway, taking the wedding money and leaving
Published September 22nd 2020 by Choc Lit

To ask other readers questions about A Wedding on the Riviera, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Wedding on the Riviera

Start your review of A Wedding on the Riviera (Riviera #2)
Brenda
4.5s

Ryan Calder was Nadine Wells’ plus-one at her best friend Karen’s wedding and although he admired Nadine, this was just his job. When Ryan thought he recognized the groom from a previous wedding, he didn’t know what to do. But in the end, when the groom attempted a quick get away on the back of a motorcycle, Ryan acted. Bruises and a black eye followed for Ryan, but the groom still escaped.

With Jake and Cassie on their side, Nadine and Ryan created a plan to catch the wedding scammer in th
Els
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
About 3 years ago this author wrote a great summer read starring Cassie and Jake. Ryan also played a rather important role in their story. In my review I begged the author to please, please write a sequel and my prayers have been heard. A few hours ago I finished another wonderful book by her. Cassie and Jake are present, but the focus is on Ryan this time.

I like romance, but not the too sickly sweet kind. A perfect counterpart is adding a dash of suspense, to spice it all up a bit. This is what
Frankie (Chicks, Rogues and Scandals)
How come I have never read this author before now?

It’s another case of me living in a bubble and not taking notice of the world around me, but now I have discovered Evonne Wareham I am definitely on the hunt for more of her books. I loved her cheerful, light-hearted and magical writing, I was certainly hooked with the story the moment I met luscious Ryan…and off course the other character’s, but you know me, I do tend to become somewhat possessive over the heroes, and when they are as drop-dead
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

“A Wedding on the Riviera” continues the “Riviera” series with a fast-paced, funny, charming story that captured my attention on the first page and held me in its grip until the end. Although you could read this story as a stand-alone title, it does bring back characters from “Summer in San Remo” as secondary characters. This story is not Jake and Cassie’s but they do play a part in the antics, danger, and just plain fun going on with Ryan as the focus this time aroun
Samantha E.
Dec 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great read from Evonne! Thank you. This was brilliant. A much needed read with lots of drama, friendship and wedding excitement. The story itself had some great twists and the characters were totally relatable. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The two main characters, Ryan and Nadine attend a wedding. Ryan is an actor (but just hasn't had his big break yet), he works in a bar and also provides a "plus one" service (who happens to be Nadine in this case). The book follows on from Summer in San Re ...more
Debbie Southwell
Sep 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book features characters from Summer in San Remo however this book can be read as a standalone (although I would highly recommend the reading the first one as it’s excellent).
Cassie and Jake are in attendance at a wedding of an associate along with Ryan and Nadine, who is being paid by Nadine to be her escort when the Groom does a runner and it turns out he is a scam artist.
As Jake and Cassie run a Private Detective Agency they decide to try and get to the bottom of the scam with the assist
Karen Mace
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A story that is a brilliant escape from the reality of life!! It has excitement and mystery galore in a beautiful setting and I loved reconnecting with characters from the first in the series, although this can easily be read as a standalone.

Ryan is used to being the plus one at weddings in the line of work that he does! And the more times he spends with Nadine, the harder he finds it to feel a real connection with her and that is really put to the test when they all pull together to try and thw
Joanne
Sep 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
A Wedding on the Riviera is about a group of friends who are determined to track down and entrap a man who has been defrauding women of lots of money and doing it in a most cruel way – by pretending they are going to be married, then ditching them at the altar. The scene is set for some drama as the friends set up a fake dating profile to try to reel the man in and stop this happening to any more women.

What I enjoyed most about this book was the romance element between two of the characters Ryan
Isabelle D
Linked to Summer in San Remo (the main characters of that book are in this one too, as are others) but perfectly readable as a stand-alone, this new story takes the reader from Bath and Bristol to the French Riviera as part of a plan to "con a con artist". Not an easy task, especially as the heroine, who wants nothing more than starting a relationship with the hero, has to pretend to fall in love with the villain they want to bring to justice. I really enjoyed finding out how convincing Nadine ...more
Monica Mac
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When I first starting reading this book, I didn't realise it was the second in a series but then I kept on reading about an incident that had happened in the past and I twigged. It can easily be read as a standalone though.

I really loved this book!! Very easy to read, main characters very likeable, nice bit of romance without being sleazy – what’s not to love!

Nadine is a lovely woman who lost her husband early and who employs Ryan as her escort for functions and the like. Ryan is an actor who h
Sarah Hills
Nov 08, 2022 rated it really liked it
Well I certainly wasn't expecting that! I thought I had bought a copy romance book and it turned out to be something quite different and quite better.
Yes this book does have a lovely romantic tale running through it but it's also a really great detective novel too. Now that secondary title would automatically put me of but stop!
This is great, a man who romances a woman all the way up to their wedding day and after the service does a runner.
Such an unusual tale and great characters. I also loved
Donna Morgan
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Story of Ryan who is a Private Investigator working for Jake McQuire’s company looking into a runaway groom who cons wealthy women by proposing to them and taking large sums of money off them to pay for the wedding. The conman then runs off after the ceremony on the big day along with the money. Nadine is the next mark but she is helping Jake to try and bring him to justice. However, will things go to plan?
Interesting opening with the wedding & the groom running off. Pleased it wasn’t predictabl
Barbara
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a glorious mix of crime, romance and friendship. The author has worked all the elements together in a very easy and clever way. It kept me turning the pages and I read this in one go! Just did not want to put it down! Ryan and Nadine are worthy heroes of the romance which goes from UK to France and back. They are backed up by their friends to form a tight group to find the criminal who has been targeting susceptible women. A novel crime but realistically portrayed. Enjoy with a bar or tw ...more
Jessie Cahalin
Jun 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Magical trip to the Riviera drenched in sunshine, romance and mystery.
‘A Wedding on the Riviera’ is a smoking hot romance entangled with an intriguing mystery. The runaway groom hooked me from the outset. An intricately woven plot ensured I escaped to the Riviera, Cardiff, Bristol and Bath. Wonderful writing took me into the heart and soul of Nadine and Ryan and made me yearn for their happiness. I absolutely loved the tension created by the dubious dealing of Thackery. Drama, romance and glamou
Coco
Sep 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
When someone scams your friend in the most despicable way, wouldn't you want to dish out revenge and payback on the culprit.

This is exactly what Nadine, Cassie and Jake decide after their friend is deserted by her new husband immediately after the marriage ceremony. The groom runs out of the church, leaving his new bride broken hearted, her bank account emptied and responsible for all the bills of their lavish wedding. The groom is a con artist and makes his living romancing then swindling wome
Isobel
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This really is a great escape. The idea of the story is quite wild but the characters are so warm and have such good relationships with each other that it does not matter, they could do anything and you would want to go with them. I grew up in the Bath/Bristol area and this added to the fun but there is plenty to enjoy if you don't know the area. Who would not want to go the the Riviera just as autumn starts to make wearing a cardigan a good idea! I'm looking forward to reading this again alread ...more
Angela Britnell
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this fast-paced story centred around a wedding on the glamorous Riviera and a runaway groom! I can’t believe I missed reading Summer in San Remo (the first in this fun series) but will be rectifying that soon. It didn’t spoil my enjoyment of this book though as it can easily be read as a standalone story. Everything about the larger than life characters and over the top setting whisked me away from everyday life – the perfect remedy for these trying times!
Gill
Sep 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another good read from Ms Wareham – a feisty heroine with a hunky hero, a bit of a different story, and some updating on characters we had met before, with an interesting and unexpected little twist at the end. I can’t really say more without giving spoilers, I can only suggest that you read if for yourself! I think you will find it worth the effort, I enjoyed it.
Yvonne Greene
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Adored this story! Ryan is an out of work actor, working as a paid escort to rich women. Nadine is one of those women. What happens when he falls for her? Throw in a crooked runaway groom and the romance of the Riviera and you have a perfect mix of adventure and who knows what else! Thoroughly enjoyable story and who wouldn’t fall for the gorgeous Ryan!!
megs
Jun 04, 2022 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars.

It was okay. I think the book just was not for me and for a more elderly audience. The romance was sweet but it felt incomplete and rather dissatisfying as the book felt more of a murder mystery than a romance and it focused quite often on the previous couple when i feel the attention should’ve been more on the intended main couple.
Betty
Aug 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd book in a series, so do read the other one first. You will already have met some of the characters and everything makes more sense.

I loved this book. It is well written, has a really exciting premise and it ends just the way it should. Can heartily recommend it for romance and mystery combined.
Reconciliation
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Evocatively written conjuring up the beauty and warmth of the French Riviera while also being intriguing and page turning, capturing my attention and lulling me into its characters as they track down a serial con man who marries women then leaves them at the alter.

Paul
Nov 08, 2022 rated it liked it
This felt like a good idea for a story and was OK for the most part but I felt it lost its way a bit at the end. It was easy to read though and entertaining enough.
Teresa Peters
Feb 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book

Wonderful book and kept me turning the pages at what was coming next . Romantic ending what fairy tales are made of
Sally
Aug 27, 2022 rated it really liked it
Despite this being a follow on book I read this as a stand-alone and it was fine. A sweet read with likeable characters and a good storyline.
Linda
Sep 19, 2022 rated it liked it
It’s odd - 2 of my friends said keep with it - it gets better but l enjoyed it from the beginning but thought the end a wee bit week. Odd how different we all are.
Claire Payne
Apr 09, 2022
Luna
Apr 26, 2022
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• A Little Piece of Paradise (Love From Italy)
  • An Escape to Remember
  • Summer at the French Olive Grove
  • Daisy’s French Farmhouse (A French Escape #3)
  • A Spell in Provence
  • The Italian Holiday
  • Summer at the French Café
  • Secrets on the Italian Island (Escape to Tuscany, #3)
  • Greece Actually
  • Second Chances in Chianti
  • Under a Siena Sun (Escape to Tuscany #1)
  • Falling for a French Dream
  • A Farmhouse in Tuscany
  • A New Start in Spain
  • A Home in the Sun
  • Finding Happiness in Spain
  • Dreaming of Verona
  • Under the Italian Sun
Evonne Wareham writes romantic suspense set in her native Wales and in favourite holiday destinations in Europe. She lives on the South Wales coast, where she walks on the beach, watches the rain and procrastinates.

Riviera (3 books)
  • Summer in San Remo (Riviera #1)
  • A Villa in Portofino