Start by marking “The Art of Connecting: How to Overcome Differences, Build Rapport, and Communicate Effectively with Anyone” as Want to Read:

In an increasingly diverse workplace, it's more important and challenging than ever to communicate well. We must build bridges that cross our differences to connect our similarities. The Art of Connecting reveals five core principles and presents corresponding, specific strategies for overcoming communications barriers and connecting effectively with anyone, regardless of ...more
Published May 1st 2006 by AMACOM/American Management Association

To ask other readers questions about The Art of Connecting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Art of Connecting

Tami
Apr 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
think more and more people in business (and life in general) are realizing that people are not exactly like them. Simply put, we live in a global community where not everyone looks, sounds, or acts the same. In addition to obvious physical differences, we also have different interests, values, and goals. Thus, to be successful in business (and in life) one needs to understand, get along with, and ultimately connect with people that are different from him or herself.

The Art of Connecting takes
Kari
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2015
Given to me by a colleague a few years ago, I finally got around to reading this book on communicating across diversity and connecting with people who are different than you in any of a number of ways. I credit my upbringing for feeling like I already employ many of these strategies. The book is well thought out and helpful.
Brock
Jan 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book; great advice on how to improve your relationships and effectiveness with those around you in both your work and personal life. I really liked Raines' idea of "The Titanium Rule"; while I believe this was the real spirit of the Golden Rule, her explanation of what it really means "to do undo others" was insightful and exactly how I am striving to live my life.
Alex
Jan 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Too little substance as for me. Still the chapter about beliefs that masterful connector held is quite good. So as one about first, second, and third person perceptions.
Maureen Mahowald
Sep 11, 2011 rated it liked it
This book had practical tips on how to connect with different types of people.
Craig Fedrick
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
good
Tammy
May 21, 2016
Jan 19, 2016
Peter Fallenius
Aug 11, 2016
Tisha
rated it did not like it
Apr 28, 2013