Start by marking “The Setup” as Want to Read:
The Setup

The Setup

I’ve fallen victim to a heinous act.

An act so vile, so downright dirty, that I’m not sure as a twenty-year-old man I'll ever recover. Brace yourself, because what I’m about to tell you might have you gasping in secondhand horror.
Ready? Here it goes . . .

I’ve recently become the pawn of a meddling mom.

Yes . . . A MEDDLING MOM--who's been trying to set me up all summer.

Now,
Published September 10th 2020 (first published September 9th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about The Setup, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Setup

Start your review of The Setup
Halle Reads
1.5 🌟

Where do I even begin with this review. Honestly some days I feel like writing a long and detailed rant about why this didnt work for me and other days I just feel like saying I hate this book and being done with it. This review is my honest opinion & genuine thoughts. This is just how I process my reading experience so please do not take offense to it if you have read & loved this book.

There are many that will enjoy this book I'm sure of it and though there were aspects of the book I enjo
Meghan Quinn
Sep 08, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

✓ Baseball, romantic comedy with LOTS of HEAT.

Lincoln Castle is being set up by his mom, only problem is, the girl wants nothing to do with relationships. Going back to Brentwood just got so much harder.

Christy
Sep 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-four-stars
4 stars

44978B02_0F5F_4304_BE78_2F2EA8B23754_IMG_8741

I've loved every book in Meghan Quinn's Brentwood series and The Setup was no exception. This was such a fun, sweet, and lovable friends to lovers romance.

It started with two meddling moms... that's how Indie and Lincoln first met. Then they discovered they went to the same college. Lincoln is the pitcher for Brentwood's baseball team and unbeknownst to him, Indie Mayhem is the star of the girls soccer team and has a reputation for being unattainable. Indie and Lincoln become fast fr
Elle Kennedy

Dali
Meghan Quinn adds another lively, charming, and heart touching Brentwood baseball novel with this tale of two dedicated athletes, Indie Mayhem and Lincoln Castle, who despite having a perfect friendship can’t let themselves fall for each other because of their unique paths.

Plot: In The Setup, we meet Lincoln Castle, pitcher extraordinaire. A super nice guy who is bound and determined for Mayor League Baseball. And Indie Mayhem, a soccer super star who is also focused to go pro once
Nikita Oberoi
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
the leap ruined it AGAIN. it was so much fun till 70% but after that it all went downhill. i’m very disappointed because i was looking forward to love this one.
Elle's Book Blog
My Rating: 5 Stars
Tropes: New Adult | College | Sports Romance

Meghan Quinn delivers in yet another quirky sports romance novel within the Brentwood University world. As always, readers can expect sizzling HOT chemistry, laugh out loud humor, and characters that make their way easily into your hearts. Lincoln and Indie were the perfect duo and I found myself really admiring the friendship they built despite the way they were forced together by their meddling moms. 𝗛𝗔𝗩𝗘 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗫𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗖𝗘𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘
Sep 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My heart. My poor heart. Where the hell did this story come from because I want more! Seriously. The Set Up was perfect in so many ways. This book seriously pulled at my heartstrings and I did not see it coming. And I freaking LOVED it! Lincoln and Indie may have just bumped Knox and Emory out of the spot as my top baseball couple in this series. They gave me ALL of the feels and broke my heart in the absolute best way. I was totally invested in their story from the get go.

This book is pure magi
Jeeves Reads Romance
Honestly? I'm actually kind of mad about how much I hated the ending. Quinn is one of my favorite authors, so I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book. And I know she's been swinging for the fences with this series, but this book... really frustrated me. It's still got all of the things that I love about Quinn's work - the humor, the sizzling chemistry, the banter - but it also has some other things that I can't overlook. And I really, really HATED the last act.

The story follows Lincoln, a c
Carmen Rae
I really am struggling with how I feel about this book. It had everything I love about college sports romance and a few of the things I hate. And I really hate them so much it's just over shadowed everything I loved.

Indie had so much happening with her family I really liked how she reacted to it all. She didn't hold her punches or act like a victim she just dealt with it her way and it felt very genuine.

Lincoln made the story for me. He was so sweet and caring and his moms were insane. I really
Rachel Dyken

Penny Reid
Sep 14, 2020 marked it as to-read

Ilsa Madden-Mills

ABookLover73
FIVE SLOW-BURN STARS for Indie and Lincoln 💖💙💖💙!!!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

OMG!!!

I LOVE IT!

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!

This is one of my favorite books this year!

Whenever I want to read some good sports romantic comedy, I know I can never go wrong with Meghan's books because they are always the right choice.

Her writing style is simple and fun which is why reading her books is a real pleasure and time with them always flies by quickly.

It was the same with this book!

I fell in love again with reading books about baseball pla
Anne OK
The first half was what I expected and I was moving right along with the characters as their story was told -- but uh oh! A fly ball found its way into centerfield and the second half hit a weird bump rounding the bases, mixed with a funky year by year six-year delay in the game that might as well have been a game ending rain-out. A total strike-out and one I didn't recover from even though the couple ended with a HEA homerun.
Sentranced Jem
Sep 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars, arc-2020
Am I a fan of Meghan Quinn’s books? Yes
Do I ALWAYS have high expectations? YES

The Setup by Meghan Quinn is a must read. It’s HILARIOUS, heartwarming, sexy and sweet.. the list is endless people!
The characters are absolutely wonderful. Indie is bossy, demanding, and competitive. She is the perfect girl for MY Lincoln… yes, I’ve claimed him. Lincoln is *sigh* This hero is *chef’s kiss* He is hardworking, loyal, so supportive and I freaking LOVE this character.
Indie and Lincoln’s love story is wh
Jess
Sep 11, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Didn’t care for Indie. Not a fan of the “friends with benefits” plot. I also didn’t realize this would be a college heavy, new adult story. It has to be done really well for me to buy in and this wasn’t.

And the time jumps at the end, over those. It feels like an easy way out, a rush to end the book without giving us the actual story. It lacks closure and I end up not believing the HEA at all.

Edited this to add, the last 20% was horrible. Each time jump got worse and worse. Why is this couple ev
Kennedy Ryan

Monique
Sep 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I Floved This Book! Just absolutely loved it. From the main characters to the secondaries which there were a few. Indie and Lincoln are juniors in College and both have meddling moms who think that they would make the cutest couple and try their hardest to achieve that. This is not just a college romance, it is an epic love story that involves trust, loyalty, honestly, commitment and love.

Indie is quick witted, smart and a great athlete. She is on the women's soccer team at Brentwood and has mo
Courtney
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Meghan Quinn writes another homerun with The Setup (pun intended).

I loved this story and the characters so much.  I loved watching Indie and Lincoln go through their trials and tribulations of college then onto furthering their sports careers.

Indie and Lincoln are some of the most levelheaded yet, at times quite frustrating characters I've read in a while.  Lol But that's what made me love them; they have so many authentic and genuine character attributes, it's impossible to not love them.

Megh
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Sep 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This one is a great book. Lincoln has two moms, Mom and Mama. His moms are funny. His Mom has been on a mission to set him up over the summer. The last girl she sets him up with is Indie. Indie's mom has been setting her up throughout the summer too. They both go to the same college. Indie doesn't like Lincoln at first but the definitely have a connection. Indie plays soccer and Lincoln plays baseball. These two are cute together. They are both down to earth characters and they have fun banter. ...more
Irene

The Setup by Meghan Quinn is such a good read.

Loved the storyline, it made me smile, laugh, swoon and fall in love with Lincoln and Indie.
From start to end my attention was held and I was left with a huge smile on my face!

description

I'm a huge fan of Meghan Quinn's writing and once again she's given us a well written and highly entertaining read that I highly recommend.

Now Live!
Amazon US: https://amzn.to/3h7YOWP
Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/3h8qbzW
Amazon CA: https://amzn.to/2R43TVy
Amazon AU: https
Jessica Alcazar
OMG … so first things first … Today is the 11th, not the 10th, and this book released yesterday, not today. WHY AM I SO EXTRA? *blink*

Okay, let us review …

You know a story is going to tick off all your boxes when reading the blurb, you just can’t help but laugh for minutes at a time. I mean … amirite?! The Setup delivered for me in spades! I’m reading over my reading notes right now and just laughing like a lunatic! Meghan is seriously talented with the romantic comedy shenanigans! She does
Kate R
Sep 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Well, I think this may be my new favorite in the Brentwood series! The Setup was the perfect friends to lovers sports romance. Indie and Lincoln are set up by their meddling mothers while they’re home on summer break. They both are athletes at the same school: him in baseball, her in soccer. A lot of the story did focus in on their training and school. Indie is a strong willed, driven, tough woman. She doesn’t let her attention move much from soccer. Lincoln is the ultimate gentleman: thoughtful ...more
Wendy ⏃: ✦Cheeky Chicks Blogger✦
4 STARS!

NOW AVAILABLE!
IMG-20200826-084108-353
The Setup by Meghan Quinn was another hit! Back to Brentwood we go and I must admit upfront that I absolutely love this world Meghan has built and the antics of these characters–I could not stop laughing for one minute!

Setup on a date by their meddling moms, Lincoln and Indie first meet in their twenties. Both go to Brentwood and are dedicated athletes. Indie is so much fun to be around. She's sassy, in control, and doesn't swoon over the infamous Lincoln Castle. She
Franci Neill
5 When Your Mom Does A Really Good Job Setting You Up Stars!!!

I absolutely loved everything about this newest book by Ms. Quinn! I was absolutely cracking up from beginning to end and there were so many times when I was snort laughing. Lincoln and Indie are perfect for each other even if they don’t want to admit to themselves their mom’s were spot on in trying to set them up!!

There’s so much more the Lincoln than I ever thought about in previous books and I loved getting to see all his diffe
Denise Hoover
Sep 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh if that was not just the cutest, sweetest book I have ever read!! I freaking LOVED it!

We are brought back into Brentwood baseball with Lincoln and Indie’s story. If you’ve followed along with this baseball series, you know ALLLLLL about Brentwood, the Rebels and those sweet as hell guys. But even if you haven’t followed the baseball series, you don’t have to read them to pick up Linc’s book. And trust me, you gotta pick up this book! Oh Lordy!

This somewhat enemies, to friends, to lo
Martha
Sep 11, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Honestly this is my least favorite book of this series, I did not enjoy this book at all about 70 percent I skipped to the last chapter, not because I wanted to know the end but because nothing happened in the story and I felt that they were Knox and Emory 2.0 with some variations, It did not feel original, even the way they meet again and reconcile is practically the same 🤷‍♀️, and the separation time ahhh first book wowww that's new, second mmmm again but it works, third time ehhh really nop n ...more
Auntee
You know I truly love this author and eagerly anticipate her stories, but man, she drives me crazy with these long breakups (especially in this series) she puts her characters through. (5 long years??) When oh when will they come to their senses and have a frank talk, admit their love for each other and finally commit that they can’t live their life without the other? C’mon, life is too short for this. Ahh, such sweet torture for the reader...

Linc, I adored you. You are what book boyfriends are
K. Bromberg

Some Like It Hot!: The SetUp by Meghan Quinn 1 11 Sep 09, 2020 09:44PM

• The Right Player
  • Not My Romeo (The Game Changers, #1)
  • Drive Me Wild
  • Mr. Knightsbridge
  • Hard Fall (Trophy Boyfriends, #2)
  • Quarter Miles (Runaway, #3)
  • The Devil's Crown: Part 1
  • Real Fake Love (Copper Valley Fireballs #2)
  • Dark Fairy Tales
  • Behind the Plate (The Boys of Baseball #2)
  • Playing with Fire
  • Flirting with 40
  • Loathe Thy Neighbor (Roommate Romps, #1)
  • Hate the Player
  • Surrender (Seaside Pictures, #4)
  • Griz
  • Nerdy Little Secret
  • The Enemy (Haven Grace Prep, #4)
Like me on FB: https://www.facebook.com/meghanquinna...

When I was in high school I occasionally read books but was consumed by other teenage things so I didn't take the time to appreciate a good book on a cloudy day, wrapped up in a blanket on the couch. It wasn't until I received a Kindle for Christmas one year that my world completely flipped upside down. When looking for books I came across the