Start by marking “Charming the Skeptic (Cat's Paw Cove #18)” as Want to Read:
Charming the Skeptic (Cat's Paw Cove #18)

Charming the Skeptic

(Cat's Paw Cove #18)

Will love open his heart to magic?

Paranormal investigator Wade Preston is so sure that anything supernatural is fake, he even hosts a TV series that debunks so-called haunted places. But when the show is in danger of being cancelled, he must wow his producers by exposing the most convincing occult phenomenon he can find—Tales bookstore in Cat’s Paw Cove.

Bookworm Astor Carm
Kindle Edition
Published October 20th 2020 by CPC Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Charming the Skeptic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charming the Skeptic

Start your review of Charming the Skeptic (Cat's Paw Cove #18)
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this one! It is book 18 in the Cat's Paw Cove series a wonderful cozy set to read. This one is about a sceptic of the paranormal that tries to debunk all things on a tv show but this time Paranormal Investigator Wade Preston bit off more than he could chew when he tries to debunk tales Bookstore! Astor is the owner of the store and has abilities and with her cat along for the fun you will get quite a few laughs. Very well written with great characters hope there will be more.
Susan
Fun book. In magical Cat's Paw Cove, you never know if you're talking to a witch, a fairy, or, in this case, a bookworm. Astor's magical talent is the ability to step into the world of any book. As the oldest of her siblings, Astor has had the responsibility of caring for her family ever since her mother left them. It's no wonder that escaping into the worlds of Little Women or The Great Gatsby is more interesting. It's the perfect magical talent for the manager of a haunted bookstore.

Wade is th
Brenda Moser
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another fun book to the Cat's Paw Cove series. The author once again brings strong characters in this entertaining paranormal story. The author does a great job building the story and moving it quickly and smoothly with vividly painted scenes. It's well written and is a great addition to the series.

Betty
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Paranormal Investigator Wade Preston hosts a tv show called Haunted Hoaxes, which disproves the stories of haunted houses being real. The show has come on hard times, so to stop the cancellation of the show, he's going to Cat's Paw Cove to do an expose story of a haunted bookstore called Tales.
Astor Carmichael is half owner of Tales and knows the store is haunted and has been for quite a while. She also has a very unusual gift herself. She meets Wade in the store talking to Ruby the other owner
Penny Hickman
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wade, is a paranormal investigator who is on his way to Cat's Paw Cove to prove that the paranormal activities are fake, in hopes of saving his TV show. As soon as he arrives in town he runs over Astor, future owner of the Tales bookstore and he is smitten. While helping Astor he finds out things are not always as they seem and can not always be explained by science. A visit from his mother sheds some light on why he has always thought anything paranormal was fake. Very good story, I love every ...more
Sara Munoz
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This very well-written story is book 18 in the Cat's Paw Cove series and a wonderful, interesting read. This story is about a sceptic of the paranormal who tries to debunk all things on a tv show but this time Paranormal Investigator Wade Preston will not be able to do that so easily. He tries to debunk tales Bookstore, she is the owner of the store and has abilities to enter any story in a book and with her cat along for the fun, it is quite humorous. It is very well developed story with great ...more
Penny
Oct 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I had never read any book in this series nor the authors. The blurb sounded interesting, and I was ready to read. This was a fun, paranormal romance with a little bit of mystery thrown in. I thought it would have a bit more mystery in it, but it leans more heavily to the romance side. No matter, this was a well-written tale of Astor, who can jump into books, and a TV host who wants to debunk her haunted shop. Mayhem ensues because the ghosts are acting up, and they need to find out what’s making ...more
Adena Lee
Oct 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
The author gives us a very good look at what a TV show host might do to keep his reality show on the air. However, there is only so much that a skeptical man can do when he meets that special woman who forces him to open his mind and eyes despite his best efforts. I enjoyed their sparring and their teamwork as depicted by the author. In this contest, the score is: Witch 1, Debunker 0.

Donna
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Charming the Skeptic is an adorable tale of opposites attracting. Wade Preston spends his time debunking hauntings while Astor Carmichael knows magic is real. Astor is a young woman with too many responsibilities who escapes into a good book to relax. Literally. Wade had a brush with the paranormal as a child and has spent his life trying to make it untrue. He is not ready for Cat's Paw Cove or Astor but boy is it fun watching him awaken to the possibilities.
fred jones
Oct 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable romance paranormal mystery with many inventive touches like being able to disappear into a book becoming part of the story.. A quick read well written with nice quirky characters and lots of cats. Mostly light until the final section which gets darker.

Helena Mendes
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!...Awesome story! It has everything that I love in a story...paranormal, romance, comic situations and steamy ones. One of the best stories I have ever read, made it to my top 50 of favorite books ;))

Allison
Oct 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really liked Charming the Skeptic by Wynter Daniels. This story was a lot of fun to read and it did not disappoint! It was well written and I really loved the characters! I enjoyed every second of it and I definitely recommend this book!
Marianne
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This paranormal romance is so much fun to read! I loved it! I think that I would love to have this magical power!

Book
Sep 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Warning: Please read the promotional blurbs carefully.

There is very little mystery here. Charming the Skeptic revolves around a paranormal investigator who debunks fakes falling for a “bookworm” in a community filled with folks who practice real magic. Bookworm Astor literally steps into the pages of any book to become part of the story. This novel is number 18 in the Cat’s Paw Cove series. Astor’s cat, Pickles, also astro-projects into books and serves as an adventuresome sidekick for her mistr
romancejunkie
Oct 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a cute story with a sweet and romantic couple. The beginning was very fluffy and light, and i liked it more than the darker middle of the book, because i prefer lighter themes.
T.M. Payne
Sep 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book Review: Charming the Skeptic (Cat's Paw Cove #18)
Author: Wynter Daniels
My Rating: 5 Stars
Reviewer - Tammy Book Nook Nuts

REVIEW
A very well written story. It kept me entertained from beginning to end.
I really enjoyed the chemistry between Wade and Astor however he is going to be a hard nut to crack. He doesn't believe in the occult, even though as a child something happened that should make him believe.
Astor has too much on her plate with the bookstore and its shenanigans to deal with his i
Lys
Oct 16, 2020
Nicole Price
is currently reading it
Oct 20, 2020

• Termination Shock (Interstellar Enforcement Agency, #1)
  • The Forever Curse (Harper & Hattie Magical Mystery Book #4)
  • Brandon (Anderson Billionaires, #3)
  • Dark Remnants: An Urban Crime Romantic Suspense Thriller with Cute Detectives Serial Killers Murder and Heart Stopping Twists and Turns (Street Games Book 1)
  • Something Borrowed, Something Chewed: A Little Tombstone Novelette (Little Tombstone Cozy Mysteries Book 3)
  • The Merriest Magnolia
  • Stolen (Primal Obsessions #5)
  • The Magnolia Sisters
  • Underground Bride (Paethian Warrior Mates #1)
  • Bachelor Undone (Bachelors in Demand #3)
  • Scandal and the Runaway Bride
  • Rescued By A Kiss (The New Orleans Go Cup Chronicles, #1)
  • Tellan (Brides of the Mylos, #1)
  • Daring and the Duke (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #3)
  • Return to Virgin River (Virgin River, #19)
  • Alias Lord John: A Regency Adventure
  • Sparkle Pirate: a Max and the Multiverse short
  • Tiny & Fierce: A Thumbelina Retelling
Wynter Daniels has penned more than two dozen books in various romance genres including paranormal, romantic suspense and contemporary for several publishers including Entangled Publishing and Kristen Painter's Nocturne Falls Universe. In 2019, she launched a brand new world with author Catherine Kean. Wynter lives in sunny Florida with her family and a spoiled cat. Find her at www.WynterDaniels.c ...more

Cat's Paw Cove (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • A Witch in Time (Cat's Paw Cove, #1)
  • Her Homerun Hottie (Cat's Paw Cove, #2)
  • Gambling on the Artist (Cat's Paw Cove, #3)
  • Meows and Mistletoe (Cat's Paw Cove #4)
  • Hot Magic (Cat's Paw Cove #5)
  • Reimagining Mr. Right (Cat's Paw Cove #6)
  • Familiar Blessings (Cat's Paw Cove #7)
  • Magical Blessings (Cat's Paw Cove #8)
  • Christmas at Moon Mist Manor (Cat's Paw Cove #9)
  • Love Overrules the Lawyer (Cat's Paw Cove #10)

News & Interviews