Start by marking “Make Me Hot” as Want to Read:

Make Me Hot

One of two things happens when Maverick Daly walks into a room: you either want to be him, or be with him.

Maverick lives in the fast lane: gorgeous one-night stands, souped up cars, a penetrating gaze that will either paralyze you or light your panties on fire, depending on which category you fall in above.

But I’m off-limits to him, or maybe too much in the tomboy categor
Kindle Edition
Published September 15th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Make Me Hot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Make Me Hot

Start your review of Make Me Hot
Katherine McIntyre
Jan 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Favorite book in the series! This one captured my heart!
Cheryl
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was one of the best so far in this series. Don’t get me wrong I love me some Dom but Maverick just is the epitome of a guy who knows what he wants and will everything to get it. Scarlett pushing him to enter food truck race was really the catalyst for everything that happened and how they came to realize they were both in love with each other and their friendship could me more. Not wanting to ruin their friendship is such a real situation. I’m glad that Maverick realized after Scarlett ...more
Laurie
Shelves: arc
I adored Ember Leigh's "Make Me Hot," book #5 of the Bayshore series. Each book in this series features one of the handsome Daly brothers and reads as a total standalone. I've read (and loved) them all, and at this point it's impossible for me to choose my favorite brother. I highly recommend the entire series for all fans of contemporary romance and romantic comedy.

"Make Me Hot" featured a well-crafted slow burn romance between the youngest Daly brother, Maverick, and his longtime best friend,
Anita Fuhrmann
Jan 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
The love story of Maverick and Scarlett was just so beautiful!! A true friends-to-lovers slow-simmer romance that had so much emotion involved! Not to give away any potential spoilers but it was wonderful to see how they managed to figure out a way to be together even when it seemed like their individual dreams were going to separate them for good. This might have possibly been the best book of this series but since they were all so exceptional, it is hard to say for sure!

I voluntarily reviewed
Shirley Cuypers
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, arc-beta, ebooks
Original review

This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Ember Leigh!

Make Me Hot
is the fifth book in the Bayshore series and tells the story of Scarlett and Maverick.

Make Me Hot was another amazing book by Ember Leigh! Ember Leigh is one of my favourite indie authors, she writes amazing Romance books and there hasn’t been a book by her that I didn’t love. I really loved Scarlett and Maverick’s story because it was so addictive. I’ve been looking forward t
Pat
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG! I couldn’t put down! The best friends whom he just sees her as off limits. Reminded me of friends in high school, college and into adulthood. Made me smile and lol. I love the couple, their family and friends.
Another must read by author Ember Leigh!
*I was given a copy and am voluntarily giving my honest review.
Kylee
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Make Me Hot is a friends to lovers romance that has chemistry so strong it will have your kindle steaming up. Maverick is the last of the Daly brothers to get his HEA and he and Lettie did not disappoint. Their story was fun, entertaining, flirty and heartfelt. A love that was waiting to come to fruition and finally have their hearts beating as one. An original storyline that will have you enchanted with the passion and connection that will be felt deep within.
Layne Morrill
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in exchange for a review:

I would give this 100 stars!!

Omg! Know I've said this about the other 4 books in this series, but Maverick and Scarlett are truly my favorites!

Maverick, being the youngest Daly brother, is probably the one I would love to meet in person... he's fun, outgoing, spunky, and love his family and friends... he just doesn't realize how much he loves one certain friend until she gets him to participate in the food truck challenge... omg i would love to go
Vicki Bennett
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous last installment in the Bayshore series.

A completely original take on friends to lovers with all the important aspects.

Mav and Lettie have been best friends for so long they've never allowed themselves to picture each other in any other way (or at least that's what they say out loud)...that is until circumstances push them even further together...their attraction ramps up, jealousy rears its ugly head and fate pushes them to be real...not just with themselves but with each other and t
Palina Panozzo
Sep 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book...gah! I was so excited for the youngest Daly to get his HEA and Ember did not disappoint! Mav and Lettie are everything! All the feels, ALL of them. I read this in one sitting because I just could not get enough of their love story and I read the entire thing with a smile on my face, even when it got rough! You just know in your gut that their love is so raw, so real and so genuine that no matter what happened, they were meant to be. Gah, this book...so much love for this book! Anothe ...more
Sue Hancock
Sep 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
The last Daly brother standing..... For now!
Maverick and Scarlet are long time friends and each have a secret - they want to be more to each other.
Their chance comes when Scarlet convinces Mav to enter a cooking reality show and the heat is really turned up! Of course it doesn't always go smoothly, but can they work out their differences and become more than friends again?
The series is best read in order to get the proper effect of the brothers, but can be read as a standalone.
Jennifer VanDriel
Sep 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved the story of Maverick and Scarlet they have been best friends for the longest time and can not imagine being together in a romantic sense. She helps him get on a reality show and helps him out. Spending so much time together let’s their imagination run wild and they fantasize what it would be like to be with the other person.
Can they turn the friendship into more?
This is another great Daly book!! Ember Leigh never disappoints!
Cristina
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ahh Lettie and Mav...such a cute story of friends-to-lovers! Their chemistry is amazing both as friends and then steamy lovers! I loved the different backgrounds of this book- aerial silks and food truck competitions! Original and amazing! I can’t wait for the novella!
Hillary Overton
Stephanie
Mar 28, 2021
Jody
Dec 05, 2020

• The Wrong Brother (Love You Forever #1)
  • Flirting with the Rock Star Next Door
  • Mister Fake Fiance
  • Marrying Mr. Wrong (Dirty Martini Running Club, #3)
  • Drop Dead Gorgeous
  • My Big Fat Fake Honeymoon
  • Hot Jerk
  • Mr. Grumpy Boss
  • Breaking Up with My Boss (Love You Forever #4)
  • Fake It For Me (The Billionaire's Secret #1)
  • Mourning Wood
  • Big Pickle (The Pickle Family, #1)
  • A Very Bossy Christmas
  • Troublemaker
  • The One That Got Away
  • My Smalltown C.E.O. Scrooge
  • Mister Baby Daddy (Bad Boys in Love #3)
  • Weekend Wife (Sassy in the City, #1)

News & Interviews