Start by marking “Goodbye, Lark Lovejoy” as Want to Read:
Goodbye, Lark Lovejoy

Goodbye, Lark Lovejoy

Lark's lost her husband, and the expiration date has come and gone on her fake-it-till-you-make-it "Happy Mommy Show." Healing her broken family requires drastic measures--like returning to her hometown in the Texas Hill Country. But she's going to need more than clean air and a pastoral landscape to rebuild a life for her and her young sons.

After years of putting off her
Published April 6th 2021 by Sparkpress

To ask other readers questions about Goodbye, Lark Lovejoy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Goodbye, Lark Lovejoy

Start your review of Goodbye, Lark Lovejoy
Literary Redhead
Adored Kris Clink’s debut novel, and her deeply felt story of loss, grief and hope. Home-town humor and sunny scenes of Texas wine country lift spirits, as does young widow Lark’s budding relationship with injured ex-soldier Wyatt. It’s a story of renewal I did not want to end and I bet you won’t either. And hip, hip, hurrah — there’s more to come, as this is Book #1 in Clink’s Enchanted Rock series! Perfect for fans of fiction realer than real with characters you’ll love, spiced with Hill Count ...more
Jamie
Dec 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved and adored this book! It took me longer than normal to read it because I was moving but I couldn’t put it down once I started reading it!

What a real, raw story with such emotion and strongly developed characters. Wyatt, I absolutely loved and fell in love with him from the first page. This book sucks you I and you become immersed in the story. This is book 1 and I can not wait for the next book, what is going to happen next?? I will be thinking about Wyatt, Lark and Jamie for a long time
Alison Hammer
Dec 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lark Lovejoy is fierce, funny and unforgettable. Clink’s debut is a heartwarming and uplifting story that reminds us it’s never too late to go after your dreams, that age is just a number, and you can find love in unexpected places. I can’t wait to see what Kris Clink writes next!
Jamele (BookswithJams)
Apr 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, audiobooks, partner
This book was an absolute delight to read! Lark has lost her husband, and has decided to move herself and her two boys back home to the Hill Country to rebuild a life with her sons. She is trained as an attorney but has always dreamed of being a winemaker and finds a failing vineyard that allows her to do just that. Lark assumes she can work through her grief on her own with the support of her family and friends, but here comes Wyatt Gifford, an injured Army vet that has a past he is working thr ...more
Cassie
Apr 11, 2021 rated it liked it
Lark Lovejoy is fierce and resilient! Kris Clink’s debut is an uplifting story about a widow and her young kids making their way through grief and starting over. Lark’s journey reminds us that there is love to be found in the most unexpected places, and there’s always time to go after your dreams. Perfect for fans of wine, Texas, family meddling, war veterans, and second chances.

Thanks to Sparkpress for the advanced copy in exchange for my honest review.
CR
Feb 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This uplifting and inspirational read was beautiful. Another fabulous debut that I could not put down. If you need a book about acceptance and love and life. Then check this one out. I really love that authors are doing difficult topics and giving characters real flaws. It just makes the story that much better. I would love to have this one as a movie or tv show.
Lorelei's
Apr 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Goodbye, Lark Lovejoy by debuting author Kris Clink! From the first sentence I was drawn into the story, touched by Lark’s status as a youngish widow, charmed by her two adorable boys, (ages 3 and 5) and taken by Wyatt’s charisma and big heart. Wyatt is a retired soldier, suffered injuries and battles with PTSD.

Lark and Wyatt meet when trying to heal from past hurts and trauma, to chase their dreams.
Secondary characters such as friends, family, the community and even a cra
James Hallmark
Mar 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is her first novel and I can't imagine how much work this must have taken. First, authentic dialogue is very difficult to write, and yet this book is almost entirely dialogue and it is good authentic dialogue. It flows, and feels natural. That’s tough. Second, there are so many scenarios and characteristics that create factual challenges for the author, which if portrayed inaccurately would hurt the credibility of the writing. "Kris" mastered it well. (No spoilers, but the book includes ALS ...more
Eileen
Mar 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, netgalley, womens-lit
Goodbye, Lark Lovejoy by Kris Clink, book one in the Enchanted Rock series, is a heartwarming and emotional tale. Lark has not had an easy past few years. She lost her husband to ALS, her “fake-it-till-you-make-it “Happy Mommy Show” is taking its toll, and she needs to figure out to heal herself and her young sons. Returning to her small hometown in the Texas Hill Country, allows her and the boys to be closer to their grandparents and a chance for Lark to make some changes in her life. After mov ...more
Sue Galuska
Apr 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
Lark Lovejoy Mead never expected to be raising her two young sons, Jamie and Charlie on her own, but after losing her husband James to Lou Gehrig's disease, Lark was at a crossroad as what to do with her life. Lark decides to sell the house and move back to Fredericksburg, TX to be closer to her parents. Just before arriving at her parents house Lark stops at the local convenience store. While they are there, her 3 year old, Charlie becomes engrossed with a young guy who has a prosthetic leg. En ...more
Janet Fiorentino
Apr 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed “Goodbye, Lark Lovejoy by Kris Clink.

Lark Lovejoy is mourning the loss of her husband. Facing an uncertain future, she decides to relocate with her children to her hometown. Lark has always had a dream to be a winemaker, and that's exactly what she does, even though her parents don't encourage her. As she is adjusting to her new life, she meets Wyatt Gifford, an injured Army vet.

Kris Clink it quite skilled at developing her characters and putti
Idina Jomia
Apr 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
A warm, nostalgic story about the journeys we go on - something all can relate to - with a strong sense of atmosphere, wonderfully written by this debut author! Thoroughly enjoyed every page from beginning until the end, and so glad I found this gem of a book to enjoy.
Patty
Mar 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
Goodbye, Lark Lovejoy by Kris Clink, is a sweet romance, and my first book by this author. Lark Lovejoy took care of her husband during his slow painful death. After he died, she decides to move her and her sons, back to Texas Hill Country, to her hometown. Lark has always had a dream to be a winemaker, and that's exactly what she does, even though her parents don't encourage her. Lark also finds her self attracted to Wyatt Gifford, an injured war veteran. Can Lark and Wyatt help each other heal ...more
Molly
Mar 29, 2021 marked it as to-read
In Goodbye, Lark Lovejoy, Clink gives us warm and funny debut set in Texas wine country. Our main character, Lark, has been recently widowed and is pushing through her grief to rebuild her life and a future for her children. Enter Wyatt Gifford, an injured Army vet with his own baggage, but may be an important part of Lark's healing journey.

I thoroughly enjoyed this charming debut! I'd recommend this story to anyone who likes:
-Witty, engaging dialogue
-A story set in a beautiful pastoral landscap
Michelle Louis
Apr 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
If you are tired of politics and all the other shenanigans going on in the world right now, you will thoroughly enjoy this book. You will find yourself immersed in the story of finding new paths and love as well as learning about winemaking which is always a win-win.
Lainey Cameron
Nov 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kris Clink takes us on a delightful trip to Texas wine country in her heartwarming debut.

Lark Meade is surviving after the loss of her husband, if far from thriving. She’s applying the age-old adage of fake it until you make it. Determined not to ruin childhood for her two young sons, she’s putting on a brave face and crying in the shower when needed.

When she decides to move her family back to her childhood home in Texas and pursue her dream of owning a winery, there are laughs, tears, new frien
Marissa Spoelman
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kris Clink has the rare gift of developing characters with realistic qualities you are able to relate with and yet, enough charisma you are able to dream with.....She writes with such depth it will make you cry and such wit it will make you laugh. Truly a wonderful journey!

This book gave me hope that life can be beautiful again, despite the losses life can unexpectedly send your way. With twists and turns, you will be drawn into this beautiful story of hope and love after loss.

Engaging, excepti
Sophia Dyer • bookishly.vintage
Apr 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone that needs a feel good story
Recommended to Sophia Dyer by: Booksparks
I received a copy of this book through Booksparks, but all opinions are my own.

Oh. My. Goodness. This book!

I know I can be emotional sometimes with books, but this had me full on crying so hard I needed tissues for the tears! I mean, this book made me cry not once but twice. But still, I had a hard time putting this one down and I absolutely loved it!!

Lark is trying her hardest and you can see the shift from grief-ridden to happy, and she isn't afraid to dream big either. Parents are parents (an
Reeca Elliott
Apr 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, author-review, book
Lark’s husband has recently passed away. She is now widowed with two young boys. She is sort of in a holding pattern but life has a way of shoving you onto the right path. She ends up moving home to Fredericksburg, TX. Here is where he life starts to get interesting.

Lark ends up meeting a wonderful man (of course). However, Wyatt has his own brand of drama. And it is drama you do not want to miss. These two are so great together but, as you can guess, life intervenes and sends their relationship
Suzy Baba (readaholicmom)
Apr 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
This book was beautifully written and it was portrayed in a way where readers can relate. Lark and Wyatt's story is full of heart and optimism. Becoming a widow at an early age with two small children, Lark's need to heal her heart and her family moves her back to her home town in Fredericksburg Texas. She never would have predicted that running into an ex-soldier with a "shinny" leg in a small shop right outside of her hometown would change the coarse of her life forever.

I loved reading this s
Cayla
Apr 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
Thank you to BookSparks/Kris Clink for sending me a copy of Goodbye Lark Lovejoy. This was a good,powerful and emotional story. The story was well written with a great setting and with very strong characters. It was all about love, inspiration, acceptance, and more!! If you are looking for a great story with lots of emotion this one would be a great fit for you. :)
Nicolas DiDomizio
Nov 08, 2020
Amy Reichert
Oct 19, 2020
Kris Clink
Aug 14, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Lynn

• Her Dark Lies
  • Redhead by the Side of the Road
  • Kisses and Croissants
  • The Girl in the Painting
  • A Time to Kill (Jake Brigance, #1)
  • The Mothers
  • Outlawed
  • Little Pieces of Me
  • Group: How One Therapist and a Circle of Strangers Saved My Life
  • White Ivy
  • The Four Winds
  • The Star-Crossed Sisters of Tuscany
  • The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2)
  • An Offer From a Gentleman (Bridgertons, #3)
  • Girl A