Start by marking “The Maiden of the Storm” as Want to Read:
The Maiden of the Storm

The Maiden of the Storm

♥ She's a powerful Celtic woman. He's a Roman captive in her village. When their passion for each other grows, can they find a way to be together? Or will the conflicts between the Celts and Romans drive them apart? ♥

In the Caledonii village, Riana is the chieftain’s oldest daughter and accustomed to position and authority. Until the day a Roman soldier is brought in and m
ebook
Published September 19th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Maiden of the Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Maiden of the Storm

Start your review of The Maiden of the Storm
Farshana ❤️rainnbooks❤️
Sep 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Many thanks to Michelle Deerwester-Dalrymple for an ARC copy. All opinions are expressed voluntarily.

The most wonderful fact about this book is it chronicles a time which I have never read about. 209 AD, when the Romans and the Caledonii tribe have a precarious truce between them. When Horatio, a Roman soldier, has one drink too many and takes up a dare, little does he know that fate has conspired for something larger than he could ever imagine. Caught and bound to work as a slave in the Caledon
Mahima
Aug 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs-for-reviews
** ARC received in exchange of an honest review **

I've been a follower of Michelle Deerwester Dalrymple 's writing. I've read few of her books in this series. I must say her research work on the story is mind-blowing.
All the efforts to make it look like a typical Scotland warrior story is amazing.

Her writing style is also very different.
You can fall in love with the characters due to their strong and specific personalities.
Anna From Gustine
I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

After the disappointment of Shadowy Horses by Susanna Kearsley, I was interested in a romance novel that actually involved a Roman soldier. That’s why I chose to read this book. It’s about a Roman solder captured by a Celtic tribe in England. They make him a slave. He meets the daughter of the tribe’s chieftain and they fall in love.

I enjoyed this book overall. I could tell that the author had conducted a great deal of research into the time p
Denise Riemer
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story is in Northern Scotland in the year 209 AD.I have never read a book from this time period,and to start with I was hooked from the start of this fantastic book.Ru is the Chieftain of the Caledonia tribe, the tribe and the Roman Cenlauriac( soldiers)were supposed to be at peace. But Ru and Dunbraith his best friend,captured a Roman soldier(Horatio) who had to much to drink and was to close to the Antoines Wall. When Ru brings Horatio back to his tribe and tells his daughter Riana she is ...more
Sylvia Laurel
Nov 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
A Very Breathtaking Story

The story set in ancient times is truly very descriptive and romantic. The idea of Riana being discovered to be in the hill of the ship chained up as a slave and being rescued by Horacio during that terrible storm is breathtaking.
Lin
Sep 16, 2020 rated it liked it
real rating 3.75
The Maiden of the Storm tells the story of Riana, a powerful outstanding beautiful Caledonii woman, quite sure of herself and leadership. However, all this is tested when a strange Roman soldier is brought to her village as a slave, as hard as she tries she can't help to be immensely intrigued by him and his otherwordly mesmerizing looks. But she's not the only one.
This book is a light engaging romance. It immerses you in the story and you just can't put it down. I love the pe
Space Cowgirl
Sep 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Saving Each Other💕

ADULT Ancient Scottish💪🔪🐑🐂 Historical Romance 💕 and Adventure with Abductions💪🔪.
Northern Scotland, 209 AD. Near Antoine's wall.

With a Roman army💪🔪 on The South side of the wall and a Celtic Caledonii tribe to the north a ways away, Roman soldier, Horatio🐺💪🔪, drunkenly stumbles north of The wall and is captured by Ru, chief of The tribe and some of his warriors.

Instead of killing him, Ru decides to hold Horatio🐺💪🔪 prisoner to get tactical information and make a slave of him.

R
Heather
Sep 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Maiden of the Storm by Michelle Deerwester-Dalrymple is a fast read full of depth, developed characters, and researched content. Historical fiction is my favorite genre and this story really delivers with the historical details, such as clothing, vocabulary, and scenery. As someone who isn't normally a romance reader, I can say this story has me hooked on Michelle Deerwester-Dalrymple. She has taken tremendous care to put the best in her books and her words stirred something within me. The t ...more
Michelle Deerwester-Dalrymple
Aug 11, 2020 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
Love Highlanders and want to go back in time? Try this new series where the Celts meet the Romans in Britannia!

Did you read it already and love it? You can't wait for book 2? I have a special giveaway for you -- enter to win a copy of book 2 when it releases, The Maiden of the Grove: https://kingsumo.com/g/bkuqp5/maiden-...

♥ REVIEWS:
"I jumped at the chance to review this book as I love this genre of book. This one did not disappoint. It was well written wit
Amanda Mountjoy
Delores Durrance
Nov 05, 2020
Jjshd
Nov 08, 2020

• Tempting the Scoundrel (House of Devon, #3)
  • Brides of the North: A Medieval English-Scottish Romance Bundle
  • Of Love and Legend (Ever My Love: The Lore of the Lucius Ring)
  • Not My Romeo (The Game Changers, #1)
  • Hit & Run (PASS, #1)
  • Fire and Vengeance
  • The Legacy (Rivers Wilde, #1)
  • The Gallery of Stolen Souls
  • The Persistent Marquess
  • Kiss and ’Telle?
  • The Worm Ouroboros
  • The Shadowy Horses
  • The Highlander's Hidden Heart
  • I Hate You
  • Savior (City of Sin #3)
  • Once Upon a Twelfth Night
  • Captor (City of Sin, #1)
  • Fight Dirty With Me (Dirty Series #2)
This author also writes as M.D. Dalrymple

Follow my socials here: https://linktr.ee/mddalrympleauthor

News & Interviews