Start by marking “The Perfect Sister” as Want to Read:
The Perfect Sister

The Perfect Sister

Once inseparable, years of resentment and jealousy have driven Alice and Holly apart. But, though they barely speak these days, Alice knows her sister is hiding something.

When she hears that discovery at a soon-to-be-demolished apartment building has led police to re-open an 'accidental death' case, Alice thinks nothing of it. Until someone knocks at her door, with questio
Kindle Edition
Published October 1st 2020 by Hachette

To ask other readers questions about The Perfect Sister, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Perfect Sister

Start your review of The Perfect Sister
Tonya
Sep 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Alice and Holly were once close sisters that shared a life together. As envy and secrets bulid, they become strangers. Alice wonders what happened to the little sister she once protected. Is Holly still the loving sister she once knew, or has she grown into someone mysterious with covert actions? Alice's search for the truth and Holly's desire for peace become entangled in this story of family bonds and betrayal. How well do we really know the ones closest to us? This is a slow burn mystery that ...more
Shalini
Dec 29, 2020 rated it liked it
A slow-burn story that explored the relationship between two sisters, Holly and Alice when one of them had disappeared. There were many characters whose lives were interlinked. The mystery factor came in midway through the story. The pace picked up slightly when the investigation started. Overall, it was a good read, could have been better.
Annie
Aug 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Set in Dublin, this book is the story of two sisters . It explores their relationships both in the present and past. Holly is married and now living inthe countryside, after having financial problems in the recession, her sister Alice is living in the family home with her daughter while going through a divorce. Information about the book suggests that they do not see much of each other because of years of resentment and jealousy . As a reader, I did not feel that the relationships were well enou ...more
Danielle Bush
Sep 21, 2020 rated it liked it
This is the story of 2 sisters. Alice and Holly. Alice has spent her whole life watching over Holly, and when it seems that Holly might have gotten herself into some trouble Alice is left trying to peace together events from the past. It seems that alot of things are connected Alice and Damien, Damien and Jay, Jay and Holly, Holly and Luke. How all of these people are connected is a bit of a puzzle that we slowly learn about through this story.

I thought the book was well written, and while I did
Áine Toner
Aug 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Jody Blanchette
Sep 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sisters, Zoe and Alice, haven't really seen eachother since Zoes sudden move seven years ago. Alice has made attempts, but Zoe seems too busy living the perfect life to even pick up the phone.
But Zoes life is far from perfect. She is running from her past, with secrets she can't confide in Alice. One mistake, seven years ago, changed her life.

The Perfect Sister is a slow burn thriller. Alice and Zoe's relationship is the main focus throughout the beginning of the story. Though it wasnt grippin
Lisa
Aug 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book - it was a page turner, for sure. Alice and Holly are two sisters, who were close while growing up, but they've drifted apart. When Holly marries the love of her life, Luke, she asks Alice for her share of their mother's inheritance, and Alice reluctantly turns it over. Over the course of a few years, Holly and Luke blow through it, going on fabulous vacations and buying Luke's pride and joy, a new Jeep. During this time, Alice separates from her husband and concentrat ...more
Susan
Sep 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Alice and Holly have been through a lot together – raised by a single mum after their dad leaves when Alice is young and before Holly is born, then through the heartbreak of their mum dying suddenly at a young age, yet there’s a distance between them now which Alice finds difficult to deal with. The story centres around an incident from Holly’s past which despite her new idyllic countryside lifestyle still haunts her. When buried secrets threaten to come to the surface and destroy Holly and thos ...more
Bridget
The Perfect Sister by Zoe Miller was a cracking read for me.

There is 6 years between Alice and Holly. They are very close but then their dad walks out on them and their mum and they gradually grow apart following years of resentment. Much later, Alice knows that her sister is keeping secrets, and then she gets a knock at her front door about a matter regarding Holly...

I found this book extremely intriguing and compelling although it was a little slow to get going. The pace soon picked up and I
Kimberly
Oct 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Review featured at www.books-n-kisses.com

I will be honest. This book was confusing. Nothing that we are supposed to “know” came from the story. The sisters were close at one point and now they are not. Then a murder takes place and Holly and her husband take off. Alice needs to find out why.

I really didn’t understand a lot of this book and why it was happening. I mean the family dynamic is really off. It is not like the sisters love or hate each other. They just are sisters and nothing more. Th
Ixxati
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was ok
🌟🌟.5
This is a story of two sisters Alice and Holly. It was told from both past and present of them. Alice always taking care of Holly since she was a kid and after their mother passsed away. Both of them got their own problems and their relationship kinda drift apart. I hate Holly!!! I mean how the fuck she don't care bout her sister's feeling and flirted with her brother in law, Ronan like what the hell are you doing? But then both of them suck anyway!!!

I don't feel sorry for any of them. Both
Esther Peacock
Oct 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Forced to dig through the past to uncover the truth, Alice also starts to reveal years of Holly's secrets - and to doubt her innocence. As the evidence mounts up, she has a choice to make: does she want to help her sister clear her name, even if Alice will end up paying the price?
The Perfect Sister is a decent psychological thriller with a well-written plot.
I want to thank NetGalley, Hachette Books Ireland and author Zoe Miller for a pre-publication copy to review.
Tilly Suffield
Oct 06, 2020 rated it liked it
I was really looking forward to a bit of a mystery book however it was quite a depressing read. The underlying archs of the irish recession, job loss, messy divorce, single life and bad weather meant it took a long time for me to read as after a few pages it was a bit too emotionally negative. However the plot twist of what happened to Jayleth and the story surrounding this was enough to keep me reading. Thanks Netgalley for allowing me to read
Annie
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was ok
Years earlier something happened that caused a rift between sisters Holly and Alice. Holly has a secret from the past that has made her isolate from Alice for years, and Alice never understood what happened between them. Now something happens that causes Holly to disappear and Alice to question everything she knew about her sister. I really didn't enjoy this much. I didn't like any of the characters, any of the decisions they made. The ending wasn't a real surprise. Two stars. ...more
Jill Burgin
Oct 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved the setting in Ireland and the story of Alice and Holly, two sisters, one protective and one rather a wild child. The story develops slowly, with a vast array of characters and various unseemingly connected narratives and timeframes. Interesting but not the domestic thriller I was expecting from the blurb. Enjoyed it though.
Shannon
Nov 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arcs
Thank you to Netgalley and Hachette Books Ireland for the arc of this book by Zoe Miller.

3 star read- overall this was a good read but it got confusing at times of what was actually happening but apart from that i finished the book fast, but overall a great book.
⭐⭐⭐
rachelle leaver
Sep 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thanks NetGalley for providing me with an advanced copy. A fast passed mystery that was difficult to put down. How circumstances drive one to action always amazes me. One action That causes a snowball effect to the point of now return.
Claire O'Brien
Dec 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed, its always the ones you least expect
Samadhee Ismail
Sep 30, 2020 rated it did not like it
This is DNF for me. Didn't really like it much. ...more
Kari Robinson
Aug 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
A few pages in and I wasn’t looking forward to finishing this book BUT it picked up speed and I couldn’t stop reading it! I ended up really liking this book. It alternates between Alice’s life and Holly’s.
Alice and Holly are six years apart. When Holly was born Alice made a vow to herself that she would love Holly enough to make up for their dad walking out on them. Over the years, Alice was always there for Holly even when Holly wanted space.
When a building that Holly used to live in is being
Susan shaw

• It's That Time of Year
  • First Date
  • The Hit List
  • THE PERFECT LIAR
  • Silent Night (Paige Northwood, #2)
  • A Mother Like You