Start by marking “Face Offs & Cheap Shots (CU Hockey #2)” as Want to Read:
Face Offs & Cheap Shots (CU Hockey #2)

Face Offs & Cheap Shots

(CU Hockey #2)

JACOBS

For the last three years, I’ve lived and breathed hockey with one goal: team captain.

There’s only one thing standing in my way. TJ Beckett.

Beck is irresponsible and immature, and I’ve hated him since the moment we met freshman year.

Yet, the coaches see something in him I obviously can’t, and they refuse to choose between us. The captain spot is going to a team vote,
Published October 5th 2020

Start your review of Face Offs & Cheap Shots (CU Hockey #2)
☆ Todd
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing

I really loved this collaborative enemies-to-lovers story in the CU Hockey universe, mostly because it was full of snark and banter.

[Jacobs]

After winning the Frozen Four last year, serious and hard-working Jacobs was on track to become new team captain, but was furious to discover that TJ Beck, the squad's resident joker, was also in the running for the coveted captain's jersey.

Jacobs had busted his ass for three years to keep his grades up to keep his scholarship, while uber-wealthy Beck did th
Wendy
4,5

I really enjoyed the first book in this series, so there was no question about me signing up fort he second one, and I am so glad that I did because this one was even better... At least for me, it was.

I am mean what is better than two hot hockey players experiencing the virtues of gay sex for the very first time!! So hot and sweet I tell ya!!

The first few pages I wasn’t so sure about liking Beck, but then the banter started and I got to read his thoughts and feelings and I fell just as much in l
Snjez
Oct 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a very light and fun read.

To be honest, I wasn't really feeling the characters when I started this. I didn't care about the challenges and the way Beck and Jacobs first got together didn't seem believable.

But from the moment their feelings started to show, the story got so much better for me. I didn't expect it to become so sweet. Beck and Jacobs were super cute together, I loved the banter between them and I was very happy with how their relationship developed. I really enjoyed the re
The Bursting Bookshelf of a Wallflower
5 stars!
Story: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Main Characters: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Cover: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

After Power Plays & Straight A's, I was really anticipating this second installment in the CU Hockey series and being a huge fan of a good enemies-to-lovers trope, my expectations were huge and to be honest I was a tiny bit afraid that Face Offs & Cheap Shots would not be able to hold up.

Luckily, I have never been so wrong before! This book gave me everything I wanted:

✅ rivals-to-lovers
✅ snark and banter
✅ first time
✅ solid character develop
Bhavya Marya
Oct 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
What did that Katy Perry sing about again? I kissed a guy. And my dick really fucking liked it.

The getting together part of the book was really fun and amazing to read about. All those challenges really made me enjoy the book more. Reading their rivalry turn into their love was a great experience.

But at some point I feel the book kind of turned boring to the point where I was skimming a lot of the sappy stuff. Sometimes, I like the cheesy stuff and sometimes I don’t. This was one of the lat
Teal
Another casualty of 2020. It took me weeks to read this, because I couldn't focus my attention properly. As a result I don't remember as much about it as I should... even though I just finished it 30 minutes ago.

Under the circumstances I can't pretend to write a meaningful review, but here are some random thoughts I have about it, if you're interested:

- It took a long time for me to feel invested, because at first I didn't much care for the MCs. In fact, I actively disliked smart-ass rich kid B
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

Loved this one.

Didn't want to put it down.

Loved the enemies to lovers vibe. The bickering. The bantering.

Loved that there wasn't any unnecessary drama.

Great addition to the series. I'm thinking Cohen and Seth might be next?
Leslie

✅ Perfect steam to plot ratio 🔥
✅ Humor 🤣
✅ An amazing first kiss and super second one 😘
✅ Shut you up with a kiss kisses. 🥰
✅ Low angst and good communication
✅ Loads of fun!

Then this is the book for you. Look, I love my angsty books. But I like my lighter fare as well as long as it’s not too heavy on the insta-love. I enjoyed this immensely. Ede
haletostilinski
I absolutely adored this. I couldn't put it down from start to finish. I definitely enjoyed this more than the first. It just had that extra spark needed for me to love it. Maybe it was the enemies-to-lovers thing, which is my bread and butter, or maybe it was just Jacobs and Beck, who were amazing together.

This starts at the beginning of their summer before their senior year in college, and now that Foster (MC from book one) is leaving to go off to the NHL, a new captain has to be picked. Jacob
.Lili.
What a fun addition to the CU Hockey series. Face Off & Cheap Shots by Eden Finley and Saxon James has it all:

-Snark
-Sexiness
-Humor
-Romance
-OFY
-Bisexual Discovery
-Enemies to lovers

It's just an all-around feel-good story to get lost into.

Highly recommend it!

4.5 Stars
Eva ☆
Oct 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
18+- RTC- So much better than the first

Rating: 4 Stars.
Steam: 6 out of 10.
Triggers: (view spoiler)
Love Triangle: (view spoiler)
Cheating: (view spoiler)
HEA: (view spoiler)
Kelsey Renae
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-romance
This was a fun enemies to lovers romance. I enjoyed the witty banter between the two main characters. Their chemistry was fun to explore and experience while reading. This is a light, fun, and enjoyable romance that I fully recommend.
Cadiva
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Even better than book one

I loved this book, it hit so many of my favourite tropes on one easy to read, well paced narrative.

Enemies to lovers romance just ticks my boxes and with Jacobs and Beck ut was a doozy.

Adrenaline filled, angry sexual encounters and a slow dawning that feelings are more involved than either had thought.

All adds up to a brilliant and relatively angst and drama free college age romance with a very solid ending I could totally believe would be a HEA.
Celeste
Oct 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fun, entertaining second book to the series. Enemies to lovers, with a lot of funny banter and snark. I had to suspend disbelief at the start, as the two hockey players discover their instant attraction after a locker room kissing challenge. Ok, so maybe it could happen...
It’s a sweet story, with no angst, with the two boys coming to terms with their sexuality and falling in love soon after. I liked Grant and Zach’s appearance from the first book and the hints of the next couple in the next inst
Papie
Oct 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
The first half of the book was super fun, I loved the enemies to lovers, double sexuality discovery, gay chicken game thing going on. And my favourite thing ever, hockey players! The first kiss and the first sex scenes were so steamy. It was awesome!

Once they actually get together, it’s still adorable but they turn sappy, and the fun and banter is a little bit gone. The last 25% dragged a bit and wasn’t very exciting.

All in all a really fun read! And those muscles. I really do have a t
Bookish
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
DNFed 70%
I wonder if m having bad books days or bad mood for books days.
I can't seem to find a book m getting into unless its a reread.
This one started good. Two hockey players. Bit competitive. Bit of hate for eachother. Slowly turning into lovers. Book dosent really emphasis on game much. I would say sports is just a backdrop for this one. But its same old thing one being financially struggling , lovable and supporting family, good at what he does . Other being rich, bad daddy issues, famil
Shelly
Sep 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jacobs and Beck were a match made in rom-com heaven. Put together two insanely stubborn, competitive arch-rivals, set them up with a game of gay chicken that neither of them wants to lose, and settle in for one impressive fireworks show.

The banter between these two was top-notch and it was adorable how easily Beck could get under Jacobs' skin. Both guys were so likable and charming in their own ways, but they were the only ones who couldn't see it in each other. Once their rage-colored classes
Shannon
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
loved it as much as the first book. Seth and Cohen book when?
Kelsie ♡
Oct 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I’ve said it before, but I always like Eden so I had no real doubts about this one - especially with an enemies-to-lovers trope to back it up. Jacobs and Beck were funny, relatable MCs with minimal angst who really steamed up the pages. This was a fun way to pass time on my flight yesterday, and I’m super interested to get Cohen’s story. I hope he’s next!
Pablito
Have you ever read an M/M romance and felt the plot was just an excuse to set up the sex?

Well, in Face Offs & Cheap Shots the sex scenes flow so organically from the story and its characters that leaving out the sex scenes would feel unnatural. Even the hate sex, delicious as it is, needs to happen.

Have you ever read an M/M romance where the intimacy feels fabricated? For instance, that you suddenly feel like the two gay males have transfigured into a hetero couple? GAHHHHHH!

Well, the genuine
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
There is nothing worse than having to work together with a teammate that you cannot stand, especially since you both are working towards winning the goal of becoming the captain of the team. To make matters even more horrid is that the rest of the team decides you have to work off of certain pledge like dares to get the votes you need. The tables get turned when one of the tasks puts Beck and Jacobs in a compromising position - one that sets both of their worlds askew. Can you really fall for th ...more
Rosabel
Oct 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
The first one was amazing! The second one was hilarious... This two authors know their stuff. 👏❤

In this installment we are still in the same university and still in the same hockey team, but this time is Teddy and Topher's story. Two enemies who turn lovers by a gay chicken game and close proximity.

The banter was so funny between this two at the beginning! They're relationship was a competitive one because both wanted to be the captain, then they kiss and all the feels/hate/sexual tension coma
Devoted❤️Reader
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Make your own path

I love the unbeatable team of Beck and Jacobs—their taunts, the sarcasm, their competitive streaks—but my favorite parts of this book all involve no talking and no potatoes. “For the first time in my life, I’m with someone where everything comes natural—not like I’m trying to force something that doesn’t fit.” Gah, these two and the emotions they made me feel. Jacobs and Beck have it all—explosive passion, an amazing connection, and an unforgettable, heartwarming journey from
Sanaa
5 stars.

*happy sigh*

I loved this one more than book 1. A book with hockey AND enemies-to-lovers? My ultimate weakness.

“You’re right. I liked it. Wanna know why?” My response clearly takes him by surprise because when I dip my mouth down next to his ear, he doesn’t pull away. “You were finally fucking quiet.”
Jennifer Reilley
Sep 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.
If you’re looking for enemies to lovers, sexual awakening, great banter , and two guys fighting to be the hockey captain this book is for you.

For Jacobs hockey comes natural. He works hard on the ice and to keep his scholarships. He’s at college for hockey and an education as he wants to be able to help his family financially.

Beck is the total opposite. Never really had to work for what he wanted, has lots of money, family that will use wealth to get him out of any trouble, and a fu
Athira
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm totally a goner for this series! Beck and Jacobs are on fire!!🔥🔥🔥
We have:
✔Enemies to lovers
✔ UST
✔ Hockey🏒
✔Sexual awakening
✔All the snark and banter
✔Dual POV

I love how competitive they are in basically everything they do. So fucking hot! Beck has been getting under Jacobs' skin since the beginning and he loves when Jacobs scowls at him. (Beck is a little shit)

"Turns out there's a fine line between love and hate, and that line is blowjobs."

This is the second book and can be read as a standa
LauraSt
AMAZING

I’m so in love with this series! Jacobs and Beck threw it out off the park!
Their banter and dislike of each other simple fueled their interest for one another.
This was HOT and hilarious, but also extremely sweet. You can see how each rough touch starts evolving into a caress. Each savage kiss, into heartfelt kisses.
Also, we so need a book for Cohen. I just know it!
Absolutely ADORED!
Donna
Oct 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Alex (HEABookNerd)
Series: CU Hockey #2
Rating: 5 stars - loved it!

One Sentence Summary: Three years on the same college hockey team hasn't brought Jacobs and Beck any closer but a competition to pick the best Captain forces the two together and suddenly they're both questioning their sexuality.

Face Offs & Cheap Shots was soooo good and soft and after getting to know each other better, Jacobs and Beck were so adorable together. I love gentle moments in romances, things like holding hands, cuddling in bed, neck kiss

• Bat Boy (Easton U Pirates #1)
  • Just Friends (Never Just Friends, #1)
  • Liars (Licking Thicket, #2)
  • Topping the Jock (Blue Harbor #1)
  • The Happy List (Better With You, #1)
  • Griff's Place (Havenwood #4)
  • Merry Measure
  • No Good Mitchell
  • Try Me (Extracurricular Activities, #2)
  • Bad Habits (Wages of Sin #1)
  • Fake Friends (Never Just Friends, #2)
  • Double Shifting (Boston Otters #1)
  • Screwed (Four Bears Construction, #4)
  • Can't Get You Out of My Bed (Love & Luck #6)
  • Watch Me
  • Down Low (Down Home #1)
  • On the Run (Whispering Key #2)
  • The Experiment
Eden Finley is an Amazon bestselling author who writes steamy contemporary romances that are mostly full of snark and light-hearted fluff.

She lives to create an escape from real life for herself and her readers.

She's also an Australian girl and apologises for her Australianisms that sometimes don't make sense to anyone else.

CU Hockey (3 books)
  • Power Plays & Straight A's (CU Hockey #1)
  • Goal Lines & First Times (CU Hockey #3)

News & Interviews

“Ooh, the scowly one is cute. Who’s that?” the second blonde says. I look over and smile because that one’s coming home with me.” 0 likes
“Always so dramatic. I thought Harvard would’ve removed that and filled you with pretention by now.”

“No, that happens sophomore year.”
0 likes