Start by marking “Double Dog Dare You” as Want to Read:
Double Dog Dare You

Double Dog Dare You

Quinn

One simple text message can change everything. I found that out the hard way. One minute I’m complaining about a horrible picture of a guy’s you-know-what, and the next, I’m having conversations with a stranger. A gorgeous, rebel of a man who makes my heart skip a beat and does a number on my panties.

The only problem is we’re not looking for the same things in life. I
Published September 15th 2020 by Lacey Black Books

To ask other readers questions about Double Dog Dare You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Dog Dare You

Start your review of Double Dog Dare You
Jeeves Reads Romance
Sep 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wrong number text romances are like catnip to me, and I have no idea why. That was the initial draw for this one, though the banter and chemistry had me turning the pages at a quick rate. It's a light and sexy story with almost zero angst, and I enjoyed it from start to finish - even devouring it in one sitting. But I definitely had a few issues with the romance. This hero is just a bit too much of a playboy for me; I didn't need to hear so much about his (very recent) past. This is the kind of ...more
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Lacey Black stole my heart with her sexy, swoony, unforgettable words a long, long time ago and I swear each new release continues to get better and better. Pants on Fire, the first book in this series of standalones, was really, really good but this one? Holy epic in allllllll the best ways.

Double Dog Dare You gives us Quinn and Royce's story. You might recognize good ol' destined to be a bachelor forever big brother Royce from Pants on Fire and now, well it's his turn this time to fall
Victoria Weston
Sep 10, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5
I've read books by this author before and I've always loved her style of writing. This book is a real fast paced, flirty, sweet romance and a totally Insta love story.

Quinn is about to give up on her dating life after every person she dates with there seems to be something that is stopping her form dating them. He friend tries to get her to see that maybe she is just to picky and when she arrives home that decides to text her best friend and tell her why she's picky.

Royce is a guy that is tot
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
project_20200716_1050443_0
HIGHLY RECOMMEND, check out my review & teaser on my BLOG -> CLICK HERE
20200111_113649_zpsbyzel5z8
Karen Hrdlicka
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lacey Black is one of my very favorite authors. Every book I've read has been a terrific read but Double Dog Dare You is that book you never want to put down or have end. I absolutely love everything about this book. The story is perfectly paced, the characters are endearing and well-developed, the storyline and premise are fun, and the sexy times are HOT!!!
Royce and Quinn's relationship starts with an unusual misdirected text after Quinn receives the dreaded appendage pic from her short-lived
Becca Stanfield Vernon
Sep 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
A solid 4.5 ⭐️ sweet, funny read. I absolutely fell in love with Royce & Quinn with all of the banter. The ease of their friendship then relationship is something everyone should strive for. The chemistry was hot!! I love reading Lacey’s books. Her characters are intriguing, the small town characters are extremely likable & oh this lady can write banter like there’s no tomorrow. A beautiful read!!

I highly recommend this book. Told in dual POV.
Red Cheeks Reads
4.5 SMOOCHES!

Lacey Black’s Double Dog Dare You was so much fun! A text message gone awry, turns a case of mistaken identity into a sweet and sexy strangers-to-lovers romance. Royce Rigsby isn’t looking to be anyone’s Mr. Right—he’s more of a Mr. Right Now kind of guy. After spending twelve years in the Army, Rigsby settled in Gatlinburg to be close to his mother and brother, and he’s the manager of a ziplining company in this bustling tourist town. Quinn Michaels, a private school principal, isn
Ashley Hampton
Sep 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Gosh, I feel like it's been so long since this author has released something, even though I know that is NOT the case. I've honestly been in a book slump, and it seems like it has been ages since I have read anything even remotely decent. I will say this, Black took me out of that slump with a quickness. I so desperately needed something hilarious, and Double Dog Dare You was ALL that and a bag of chips.

I adore this author's writing, she has always always in my opinion been a very talented auth
Kaitie
Sep 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is one of my most favorites from Ms. Black! If you asked me why I couldn’t say one single thing but I know I could give you a couple different answers. First, Gatlinburg. This book takes place in what I consider my second home. Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, and the Smokey Mountains are a place I travel to e wry single year. I’ve been going since my brother was a baby and he’s now 24. I know that area like the back of my hand and with my eyes closed. And could imagine everything when readin ...more
Tanja OMGReads
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I keep waiting for Lacey Black to write a book that I won't fall madly in love with her characters and I'm still waiting for it to happen.

I absolutely loved this from start to finish. It was funny, engaging, steam and sweet in all the right moments. I loved Quinn. She was smart, funny and knew what she wanted out of life. As for Royce; he was a great leading man. The fact that he had a few flaws made him that much special.

I had the biggest smile on my face while reading and the only problem I h
Renee Entress
Shelves: arc, read-2020
5 stars

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, secrets, and heartbreak.

This is Quinn and Royce’s story. One text message lead to so much more. The banter back and forth is great, but they are looking for different things out of life. Can they figure out if they should just leave it to mistaken moments that got a little out of hand or will they be too far gone with love to let each other go.

I loved these characters and the side characters. I felt I could connect with the charact
Fiona
Sep 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An incredibly fun and quirky read, filled with light humour and plenty of innuendos!
Royce is your typical handsome playboy, whereas Quinn is a straight-laced organised head teacher. Their serendipitous meeting gives the reader all the feels. They challenge each other and their banter is brilliant.
Following the style of the first book in this series, this is just a truly beautiful love story. There is no drama, just a wonderful tale of two people finding love. Don't get me wrong for a minute the
lowkeyreader
Sep 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love Lacey Black! Because she has done it again with this one. I absolutely loved Quinn and Royce's story from start to finish. And I definitely loved how their relationship started! This was exactly what I needed, something easy, fun and sexy. ...more
Julie Jackson
Sep 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for SNS

This book is a heart felt romance. Quinn and Royce have a chance meeting and sparks fly from there. Awesome storyline that made me laugh and cry. Supporting characters are spot on 😊.
Shaztwirl
Sep 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Plenty of light hearted banter delivering a few laughs, a little bit of angst causing a tear or two (I was having a bad day, don't judge) and a few sexy times. Entertaining throughout. ...more
Sep 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Give me more Rigsby. Royce Rigsby is my book boyfriend. I claim him. With that being said, you really need to read Double Dog Dare You. This is a great novel about how life surprises you. I really enjoyed the message in this book. Sometimes life is unpredictable.

The characters in this story are dynamic. The chemistry is undeniable. I really liked how they met. It made it feel special to me. Add in the cameo from the characters from another book this author writes and well I fell in love.

Ratings
Sep 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a awesome book
Susan
Oct 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a cute book. I enjoyed the dynamics between Royce and Quinn~ especially how they met.
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
Double Dog Dare You is Lacey Black’s newest sexy, and fun standalone novel. If you read Pants on Fire then you have met Royce already as Rueben’s older brother. The brother who just wants to have a good time with no strings attached. The older brother who’s about to get knocks on his ass…

It was supposed to be a text conversation between best friends. What it was was the start of something new.

Royce was all about having fun and living the single life. At thirty-five, he knew he didn’t want to be
Melinda ~ Twinsie Talk
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book for an honest review.
Absolutely loved Quinn and Royce they had great chemistry and banter no matter if it was in person or between texts. Royce the guy who loves to have fun and Quinn the school principal that cannot back down from a challenge. Gotta love the Double Dog Dares Royce lays down.
Quinn is so done with men, dating, and putting her heart out there. She is ready for the house with the white picket fence. Really how wrong can things go when texting your B
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"After finishing Pants on Fire I knew I had to get my hands on Double Dog Dare You. And what I have just finished reading lived up to every expectation that I had.
Royce as a minor character was fantastic but him as the hero of the story was exceptional. He is witty and funny, has a heart of gold and the man he is when he is with Quinn is nothing short of swoon worthy.
I liked how they were two opposites that just made it work. It wasn’t easy, and Royce did fight it as he has this silly notion abo
World Of Books 65
Sep 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I 'Double Dog Dare You' not to love this story. Lacey Black is the ultimate romance writer who can intwine the right amount of comedy into her books that it takes nothing away from a great romance.

I have to admit that this time it only took until page 2 to have me laughing out loud well what do you expect when Royce believes his d*** is a 'Unicorn amongst guys'.

Have you ever accidentally text a random person? I am sure we all have had sometime I know I have, unfortunately for me the receiver wa
Jacquie
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely ADORED this steamy, sexy, HILARIOUS and banter-filled love story from one of my FAVE authors! And just because it's laugh-out-loud funny, that doesn't mean there isn't any gut-wrenching angst as well! I fell sooooooo in love with Royce and Quinn, even though I wanted to hurt Royce at times for being a dufus!!!

Double Dog Dare You hooked me right from the get go with the "wrong number" texts from Quinn to Royce. I immediately fell in love with Quinn's loving character! I also loved h
Kristin ~ Book Lovers Obsession
What I wouldn't give to have a misdial end up like this....damn.

Double Dog Dare You begins with a rant on the ever so unappreciated dick pics. Quinn has had enough. She's done with dating. Done with men. Done with putting herself out there. All of it. And she is not afraid to tell her bestie, Sabrina, that very fact. Imagine the shock the next morning when she finds out that she was not texting her bestie, but a complete and total stranger. One that now wants to get to know her.

Royce has never
Kari Hansen
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Quinn’s career as a school Principal is exactly what she wants but the same can’t be said for her personal life. What she really wants is a man to share her life with but after receiving a picture from her last date that she will never be able to unsee has her texting her best friend to commiserate. Finding out it wasn’t her friend who received her text but a sexy stranger, changes her life in a way she never imagined.

Royce is a man who enjoys women but usually finds that one night is not enough
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
It started as a text to the wrong number. Then there was the attractive man running past her home leaving a gift on her porch. When Quinn and Royce realize they have already met without realizing it, they can’t help but to take the plunge and have a little fun . . . but Royce is a commitment phobe and Quinn wants the happy ever after.

Double Dog Dare You had the best meet cure ever! I adored how fun and flirty this book was. The texting was hilarious. And this couple was a blast from start to fin
Kathryn Linke
Sep 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Double Dog Dare You is an opposites attract romance that stems from a mistaken identity meet cute. Royce and Quinn’s story is a fast paced, light hearted, fun, sweet and sexy read. If you’ve read Pants on Fire, featuring Reuben and Cricket you will be familiar with Royce, as he is Reuben’s older brother.
Royce doesn’t do commitment, and has a reputation as a ladies man. That is at least until he is bought to his knees by texts from a stranger. This hero is an outgoing, charming and charismatic t
Sharon
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a great story written by Lacey! 5 bright stars for this one!
We meet Quinn, who just got a new phone she has no idea how to work! Not to mention, she had a blackberry before that and couldn't transfer her contacts to her new phone, but no worries, she knows her best friends number by heart and proceeds to text her friend about a date she had just gotten home from, and she goes into everything in the text, only problem is, it's not her best friend she's texting!
Royce is just settling in when
Nikki Swope, nixreadsromace
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love a cute meet cute story and this one is definitely one I’ve the cutest. A wrong number text while also having a chance meeting without knowing they just so happen to be the wrong text, then finally putting the pieces together. Cuteness overload. We meet Royce in his brother Reuben’s book. The ex army, playboy, sort of commitment phone is living the good life with no desire to settle down any time soon, or so he thinks until a unknown number ranting about a bad first date snags his attentio ...more
Sharon Moritz-rosenthal
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a free ARC copy of this book from the author prior to release and am voluntarily leaving a review.

This is book two in a series about brothers who live in the Smokey Hills and who find love. This story starts off with a wrong number text which forms a friendship between Quinn and Royce who are fated to meet.

Royce is a playboy who loves his life. His brother is in a committed relationship and its not for him. He loves dating women and his lifestyle. That is until he runs into an adorabl
« previous 1 3 next »

• Home to You
  • Boy Trouble (All American Boy)
  • Piece by Piece (The Riggins Brothers #2)
  • Layer by Layer (Riggins Brothers #1)
  • Kiss by Kiss  (The Riggins Brothers, #3)
  • Touch by Touch (Riggins Brothers, #4)
  • Can't Fight It (Fair Lakes #3)
  • Forever After All
  • Play by Play (Riggings Brothers, #0.5)
  • Perfect Risk (Mason Creek #1)
  • Perfect Embrace (Mason Creek #8)
  • Together: A Surprise Pregnancy Romance
  • The Butterfly Effect (Boggy Creek Valley, #1)
  • Perfect Love (Mason Creek #3)
  • Bliss (Entangled Hearts Duet, #2)
  • That Forever Girl (Getting Lucky, #2)
  • Agony (Entangled Hearts Duet, #1)
  • Perfect Night (Mason Creek, #4)
Avid reader, writer, mother, and wife! I love to read contemporary romance. Add in a little "spice" or hot guys in uniform pants, and I'm a happy woman. There's just something about diving into a book and engrossing in the magic of your hero and heroine getting their happily ever after. ...more

News & Interviews

The last five years of world history have been nothing if not...eventful. When living in interesting times, there's nothing better for...