Start by marking “Three Half Goats Gruff (Valkyrie Bestiary #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Three Half Goats Gruff (Valkyrie Bestiary #0.5)

Three Half Goats Gruff

(Valkyrie Bestiary #0.5)

Is he a vampire? A shifter? Something worse? Thrown together to save a middle school from an infestation of satyrs, Kyra and the mysterious Captain of the Guardians share one heart-stopping night.

Critter wrangling rule #4: There isn’t much you can’t kill, confuse, or disgust with a can of bug fogger.

A Paranormal Suspense Story with a Touch of Romance
Published August 6th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Three Half Goats Gruff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Half Goats Gruff

Start your review of Three Half Goats Gruff (Valkyrie Bestiary #0.5)
Maggie Lynn Heron-Heidel
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cute novelette that teases for the next book

I enjoyed this small book and will be moving on to the next in the series. A mini kraken? I’m sold! 😂
Natalie panda eyes
Jan 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
Short intro to a new series. Backtracked to learn more about their first meeting. Cute story, part blog and an adorable kraken. Sounds interesting.
Sydney
Oct 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 Watch for the Other Stars

Three Half Goats Gruff is a novella, and first insight into the Valkyrie Bestiary series by Kim McDougall.

Cute little story introducing us to Kyra Greene, our cantankerous FMC Valkyrie, pest control, bounty hunter. With a nice little glimpse of Henry Mason, her mysterious gargoyle love interest to come. With the cute little cephalopod savior that is the mischievous Pygmy kraken affectionately named Hunter.

Excited to unearth the mysteries of this new (for me) series.
Dallass
Oct 26, 2020 rated it liked it
A great teaser for the series.

It had an interesting premise and the initial introduction to the world and our protagonist was great. And while I knew going in that this was a short story, I honestly didn’t expect this short a story. I can’t help feeling a little peeved off that it takes up only 68% of the ebook with the last third being a sneak peek at the first book.

Would have given this four stars if not for the short length and abridged feeling.

3 stars ⭐️

And yes, I am going to read the first
Rhonda Jones
Sep 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved This Short Prequel

Ok, so I love animals, all kinds of animals. The cover of the book caught my attention. I was going to pass based on the length of the book, but I kept seeing that cute ocean creature in my mind. I had to know why this young woman was holding the creature up for inspection. So glad I did. There was a really good story behind that book cover scene. Now, onto book 1.
Lisa Maddison
Sep 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Interesting take on paranormal creatures.

This was a short introduction of the creatures and characters in a new series about a pest control company that moves creatures away from humans in a world with magic. The story was cute and I look forward to trying the series with the first book.
Rebecca
Jan 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
Great introduction to this intriguing world and its inhabitants. I’m looking forward to reading more!

Although it was my pleasure to receive this free book from the author, it was completely my choice to share my honest review.
Carmen Stanley
Aug 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cute little novella

I enjoyed the introduction to the characters and the build up to the first book Dragons Don't Eat Meat. Can't wait to jump into this world and find out more about it.
Pam Collins
Nov 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Magically humorous!

I love fantastic creatures in all forms and shape, quick thinking, bad ass heroine , and great plots. I'm highly recommend this spectacular book and the series in which it is to all readers of urban fantasy.
Silver
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love hunter

Can't wait to read next part as it leaves a few unanswered questions. Omg hunter is just adorable. I love her blog posts n replies too
Tammy Zimmerman
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was a short read but had so much action and fun packed into it I would read this again ..Can not wait to read the next book to this ..Her world is so different and fun but so much action.
Sherri Shade
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

READ THIS.
Cute story really well written, I plan to read the rest of the books and follow this author.
Virginia Night
Nov 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cute

Cute little short story full of whimsy and wonder and a taste for the next. I recommend this author. Her writing will keep you wanting to read more
Lynall
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
But too short

A fabulous introduction to a new series" I love it and will definitely be reading more stories from this author
Val Tobin
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining story. Loved the blog entries. Nice touch. A great little urban fantasy read, and I'm looking forward to reading more from the Valkyrie Bestiary. ...more
Mary
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great intro to a fun new series! Fascinating world building with an intriguing cast of characters, both human and non. Strong female MC with a unique MMC. Looking forward to more!
Carolyn Evans
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fun

This is an interesting novela, and the background information on the beasties is very much appreciated. Looking forward to the novel
angela gunstone
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Three half goats gruff

Couldn't put it down loved the characters and the storyline so it's a well deserved five stars and I would recommend this book to everyone
Kylie
Jan 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
Fun introduction to series

A fun introduction to the series, in which Kyra the protagonist is introduced. Filled with humour, a short, satisfying read.
Kerry
Dec 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoy this series

I really enjoy this series. Haven't been disappointed yet. Lots of action and plenty of magical critters. Try this series you won't be disappointed.
M.A.SPRIGGS
Oct 08, 2020 rated it liked it
A fun short story

A fun and entertaining short story. A well written and quirky story. I enjoyed this introduction to an interesting and imaginative new series.
Amber
Dec 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
Okay intro to the world but not much to it
Wayne Holland
Nona B Theriot
Nov 23, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Sophie and The Odd Ones
  • Murder Mittens (Magical Romantic Comedies, #13)
  • My Luck (Twisted Luck, #1)
  • Educated Luck (Twisted Luck, #3)
  • Outfoxed (The Fox Witch #1)
  • The Flame Game (Magical Romantic Comedies, #12)
  • License to Kill (Balancing the Scales #2)
  • Hired Luck (Twisted Luck, #2)
  • War Song (The Rift Chronicles, #2)
  • A Gilded Cage (Chronicles of an Urban Druid #1)
  • Infernal Enchantment (Firebrand, #2)
  • A Sacred Grove (Chronicles of an Urban Druid, #2)
  • A Chip on Her Shoulder (Magical Romantic Comedies, #11)
  • Midnight Smoke (Firebrand, #3)
  • Born Human  Part 1 (Habel Trollblood, #1)
  • Born Human  Part 2 (Habel Trollblood, #1)
  • Dirty Deeds: An Urban Fantasy Collection
  • House In Hiding (Uncertain Sanctuary #2)
If Kim McDougall could have one magical superpower, it would be to talk to animals. Or maybe to shift into animal form. Definitely, fantastical critters and magic often feature in her stories. So until she can change into a Griffin and fly away, she writes dark paranormal action and romance tales. Kim is also passionate about fiber art, photography, children’s literacy, rescue animals, nature, and ...more

Valkyrie Bestiary (2 books)
  • Dragons Don't Eat Meat (Valkyrie Bestiary #1)
  • Dervishes Don't Dance (Valkyrie Bestiary #2)