Start by marking “A Way Forward: My Years In The Marine Corps” as Want to Read:
A Way Forward: My Years In The Marine Corps

A Way Forward: My Years In The Marine Corps

Can a teenage boy struggling with school, family, and drugs turn his life around to become successful? Not without the help of a nearly two-hundred-and-fifty-year-old American institution called the United States Marine Corps. A Way Forward: My Years in the Marine Corps reveals how a Marine recruiter used every old trick in the book to compel young Christian Dattwyler to s ...more
Published September 6th 2020 by SOFREP BOOKS

To ask other readers questions about A Way Forward, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Way Forward

Start your review of A Way Forward: My Years In The Marine Corps
Toni
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow

The author is my son. He gave my wife and l a hard time as a teen. Many of the things he did were a suprise to me when reading the book. But alls well, that ends well. And I have a son to be proud of. Praise the lord!
Thomas Ontiveros
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was there

He put our experiences into words. Reading about our time in brought back many memories. It was a good time to be a "Magnificent Bastard". Some how I lived through it.
Daniel V. McCabe
Dec 20, 2020
Caroline
Jan 30, 2021
Christian Dattwyler
Sep 13, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Ruth Hanson
is currently reading it
Mar 20, 2021

• Harrier 809: The Epic Story of How a Small Band of Heroes Won Victory in the Air Against Impossible Odds
  • One Captain's War from the Bottom Up: Three Years in the Vietnam War
  • Hovering Horizon: A Cobra Pilot's Life in and Out of His Copter, 3nd Edition
  • Body Count: A Special Forces thriller set in the Vietnam War (The Scorpion Squad Military Thrillers Book 1)
  • Vietnam: Ground Zero: The American Special Forces are heading to the jungle... (Vietnam Ground Zero Military Thrillers Book 1)
  • Unconfirmed Kill: From one hellish conflict to the next... (Vietnam Ground Zero Military Thrillers Book 3)
  • KILL ZONE: We were going to die. It was Vietnam 1968. My soldiers and I fought back. We improvised. We adjusted. We quickly learned what we needed to learn. We survived.
  • Undaunted Valor: Lam Son 719 (Undaunted Valor #3)
  • Undaunted Valor: Medal of Honor (Undaunted Valor #2)
Christian Dattwyler currently lives with his beautiful wife and two boys near Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Since being honorably discharged from the Marine Corps, Christian has been a Project Superintendent, leading the construction of many high-rise structures in Southwest Florida, New York City, and currently in Oklahoma City and Dallas. A Minister of the Gospel of Christ, Christian gives Jesus Chri ...more

News & Interviews

We all want to spend more time lost in the pages of great books. That's the idea behind our annual 2021 Goodreads Reading Challenge! It's...