Start by marking “Clouds: A Memoir” as Want to Read:
Clouds: A Memoir

Clouds: A Memoir

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  17 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Originally published as Fly a Little Higher and now updated and revised to coincide with the film release of Clouds, Laura Sobiech tells the amazing, true story behind the song and the movie.

“Okay, Lord, you can have him. But if he must die, I want it to be for something big. I want someone’s life to be changed forever.” This is what Laura Sobiech prayed when she found ou
Published October 13th 2020 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about Clouds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clouds

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of Clouds: A Memoir
Megan Morrey
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You feel like you know the Sobiech family after reading this book. Laura's writing style is beautiful and incredibly down-to-earth at the same time. It's a truly moving story of a family who knew they were going to lose their brother and son, and used every moment of the time he had left to bring joy into the world. Definitely read this before you see the movie "Clouds" on Disney+!
Mom_Loves_Reading
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The pain of losing a child is one I hope to never experience 1st hand, but in 2019 my 2 oldest sons experienced the loss of their younger brother, S.W. (my ex-husbands son) to cancer. He was 20 & had been fighting cancer since he was 19. One year, endless treatments & hospitals, & then he was gone...& it all started w/ a backache. Much like Zach Sobiech, S.W. touched the hearts of everyone he encountered & was a remarkable human being.

'Clouds' is so absolutely moving & powerful, I challenge anyo
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever read a book that has deeply touched you? Clouds is a memoir by Laura Sobiech about the battle her son, Zach, fought with cancer. I’ll say it right here, I don’t think I’ve cried this much reading a book for a long time. It was a beautiful story of a young life lost too soon and a young man living life to the fullest while he can. The impact he had on so many people by remaining positive was very touching.

Zach Sobiech found out he had osteosarcoma right after he started high school.
adik miftakhur
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book surely had me in tears so many times. I can't imagine being a mother whose son was slowly dying, it would definitely break me. I do really love all the things about Zach, he was only spending short of his time on this earth but he tried his best to spread positivity and happiness to others.

I have also seen the movie, the mini-documentary from SoulPancake, and read this book, and there is only one thing I could come up with. Zach was such an inspiring person, and when he was around his
Jonathan
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My wife and I read a few chapters of Clouds out loud every night before bed and let me tell you, this book is hard to read out loud. My vision was blurry and my voice was cracking as I read Laura's words and the story of her son Zach. As tragic as this book is, it's also inspiring and Laura tells it with a raw authenticity that requires so much strength and bravery. If 2020 has left you feeling down, this book will inspire you and bring you hope. I'm so grateful this story is being told.

I think
Caroline Craig David
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this book was so powerful. I don't know how I had never heard Zach Sobiech's story before but it was just extra special to me because my husband is a childhood cancer survivor. He had Ewings' Sarcoma and so seeing that Zach had something similar made me hug my husband extra tight knowing he was one of the lucky ones. Zach's story receiving the platform that it will have when the movie comes to Disney Plus will be incredible and I hope people really get the message of God's love from it. Zac ...more
Dana Wright
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Clouds by Laura Sobiech. Such a beautiful sad story. I remember being at the 1st “Clouds” at the Mall of America in Minnesota with my daughter Kristine and her two sons. I hope someday for the cure for cancer and nobody else has to suffer.
Book  Babe2333
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful heartbreaking and beautiful book. It has the power to move you and make you cry. It was raw and open and honest. Beautiful in every way.
Ann
Kirstie
Meg Martinez
is currently reading it
Oct 14, 2020

• The Rescuer: One Firefighter’s Story of Courage, Darkness, and the Relentless Love That Saved Him
  • The Switch
  • Anxious People
  • Loathe at First Sight
  • The Authenticity Project
  • The Forgotten Kingdom (The Lost Queen Trilogy, #2)
  • Girl Gone Mad
  • Crave (Crave #1)
  • The Book of Lost Names
  • The Last Story of Mina Lee
  • Beyond Valor: A World War II Story of Extraordinary Heroism, Sacrificial Love, and a Race against Time
  • Head Over Heels
  • Her Aussie Holiday (Patterson's Bluff #2)
  • All the Missing Pieces