Start by marking “You Love Me (You, #3)” as Want to Read:
You Love Me (You, #3)

You Love Me

(You #3)

3.69  ·  Rating details ·  20,870 ratings  ·  3,175 reviews
Joe is done with the cities. He’s done with the muck and the posers, done with Love. Now, he’s saying hello to nature, to simple pleasures on a cozy island in the Pacific Northwest. For the first time in a long time, he can just breathe.

He gets a job at the local library—he does know a thing or two about books—and that’s where he meets her: Mary Kay DiMarco. Librarian. Joe
Published April 6th 2021 by Random House

·  20,870 ratings  ·  3,175 reviews

Start your review of You Love Me (You, #3)
Nilufer Ozmekik
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My jaw dropped, my mind is blown, eyes are popped out of my head.

Silence. Sigh. Silence. More sigh.

No words can be enough to define how I felt about this book. Keeping my big mouth shut and calm down my extra hyped mind might be the most challenging things in my life right now!

I don’t want to give any spoiler! I’m not a despicable party pooper! I mostly give away too much when I write reviews but this time giving spoilers will also mean to talk about whole entire season of one of the most rat
Bridgett
Feb 10, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc
I read You seven years ago, and gave it four stars. I read Hidden Bodies four years ago, and gave it three stars. I'm, unfortunately, giving You Love Me two stars.

Were all the books like this one? If so, my taste has definitely changed over the years, because Joe's constant, rambling stream-of-consciousness drove me batty. I don't remember the internal dialogue being quite so dense in the earlier works as it was in this latest offering from Caroline Kepnes. I also don't remember Joe being so
Michael David (on hiatus)
NOW AVAILABLE!

Hello, hey Joe. You wanna give love another go?

See what I did there? 🤣

Anyhoo...

Joe Goldberg is back in written form! In this third installment of the YOU series, we learn that his relationship with Love (the person) didn’t work out. Now, he’s moved on to the outskirts of Seattle, and has his eye on Mary Kay. She’s sexy, and she’s a librarian to boot. She’s perfect for Joe. He prepares to woo her and make her fall in love with him, because he deserves it. All Joe ever wants is to
Gabby
I love this book series and I love reading about Joe Goldberg, his character fascinates me. The first book You will probably always be my favorite, nothing can beat the magic of that book. I wasn’t a huge fan of Hidden Bodies, and while this book was definitely an improvement over the last book, it doesn’t live up to the magic that was the first book. But I still had a good time with this one, I love that it takes place in the PNW, but Mary Kay and some of the characters kind of drove m
Michelle
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Joe Goldeberg is back and better than ever. He's recently moved to a small island off the coast of Washington State, living a quiet life, and trying to be the nice guy that he knows he can be. He decides to volunteer at the local library where he meets Mary Kay the head librarian and total fox. There are some roadblocks for him to navigate in order to win the heart of the woman he deserves but make no mistake about it, he does deserve her. Mary Kay may need some convincing but Joe is a patient m ...more
Regina
Dec 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thanks, Caroline Kepnes! You've given the people what they want - another fun ride on the Merry-Joe-Round.

After a bit of a misfire with the non-Youverse "Providence," Kepnes returns to life inside the mind of Joe Goldberg. The third installment in the series, "You Love Me," picks up where "Hidden Bodies" left off. It also happily returns to the second person point of view after "Bodies" used the commonplace first person. Hooray!

"It's a free country, it's a small island, so I keep strolling, as
Charlotte May
Everyone’s favourite psychopath returns in a third instalment of the You series.

Having been a huge fan of books 1 and 2 I entered this one with a bit of trepidation, didn’t want it to be spoilt by overkill (pun fully intended)

However Kepnes did a great job at keeping things fresh. Joe definitely still has his unsavoury side, but here he is so much more relatable (at least to me - which might be concerning) at times I even felt bad for the guy!

There is plenty of drama and twists but without spoi
emma
Convening an official meeting of the bookworm committee.

Hi all. How ya doing. Janice, how's that reading slump, shake that off yet? Shirley, don't even look at me, if we so much as make eye contact we're going to talk about the new TJR book and it will only upset us both...Jeanine! How the hell are ya! What's new in the world of Scandinavian detective stories? Most murders still due to being bored to death? I kid, I kid.

Alright, everybody, enough joshing around.

I called this meeting for...a seri
Kristin
Jan 22, 2021 rated it it was ok
This is going to be a real, brutally honest review. So please be aware of that.

If you'd like to see me praising the first two, please visit my 5 star reviews for You and Hidden Bodies, because this review will sadly be nothing like those two.

Spoilers will be tagged.
Okay, so right away I was ready to fall back in love with Joe. He's my favorite literary character of all time, and I kind of thought he could do no wrong. Okay, Caroline Kepnes could do no wrong because he was flawless in the first t
Debra
Apr 04, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
"I moved here because the murder rate is low..."

Joe is back, looking for love, and a crime free community, because you know...Joe is all about safety (and the ladies, and obsession, and stalking)! Joe has moved and is volunteering in a library - it is no bookstore, but he is in his element - plus, the librarian is well, obsession worthy. She is solid, she has a job, a teenage daughter and is also hot. What is not to love?

If you have read the first two books in the series (or watched, You on Netf
Kaceey
Aug 26, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: buddy-read, netgalley
Oh Joe! I loved you…then I lost you. And I’m not sure we can get that spark back.💁🏻‍♀️

Joe is ready to start fresh. Perhaps this time a small, quaint town in Northern Washington State. It’s beautiful, serene, a great place for a new beginning.

Fingers crossed, hopefully this time it will work with the stunning Mary Kay. If Joe can just be patient (not his strong suit) perhaps she’ll come around. She must know they were meant to be. Destiny. And nothing can stop Joe…this time!

I absolutely love
Jen
Apr 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
You love me, you love me not...YOU LOVE ME ...and that’s that.
My favourite peeping Joe is bbbaaacckkk!
His latest obsession of course is YOU. YOU go by the name of Mary Kay. Joe is trying to be “a good man” but old habits die hard and YOU drive him to do what he really “doesn’t” want to do, but is natural for him when he sees YOU can’t do what’s good for YOU. And that’s HIM.
Oh Kepnes! YOU clever author, YOU! I would love to have a drink on menopause avenue with YOU.
This did get a little slow for
Dennis

I could not hold my excitement over the upcoming continuation of the YOU series with 2021's You Love Me , but sadly this did not work with me. I didn't love Hidden Bodies, but I loved how season 2 of the Netflix series ended, so I figured that Book 3 might pan out better. I really have a weird fondness for Joe Goldberg, but for the most part, this book did nothing for me. I felt that the plot was very recycled comparatively from the first book. The book takes long for the story to de
James
Joe Goldberg is an amazing protagonist. I absolutely adored the first book in this now-trilogy and was shocked when the sequel had come out; it had done so well that the third will be released next year (I received an early copy thru NetGalley) and I'm certain there will be more. While the debut, You, is my favorite thus far, this is a strong contender and offered a lot to think about. It's been almost two years since the last book, and in between I binge-watched both seasons (it was made into a ...more
Catherine (alternativelytitledbooks)
**Many thanks to NetGalley, Random House, and Caroline Kepnes for an ARC of this book! Now available as of 4.6!**

Hypnotic, spellbinding, and as deliciously dark as ever!

Joe Goldberg has followed the sage advice of Baz Luhrmann's "Everybody's Free to Wear Sunscreen:"

Live in New York City once but leave before it makes you hard
Live in California once but leave before it makes you soft

(Okay, it was Northern CA in the song, not Southern CA...but still!)

You Love Me picks up right where Hidden Bodies
Zoeytron
Apr 21, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: public-library
Sunny California has lost its luster for psycho stalker Joe, and he has resettled in Bainbridge, Washington.  Time for a fresh start.  This time, he is vowing to be good.  No stalking, no shadowing, no pushing.  His sights are set on a librarian this time.  Joe loves his books, after all.  And words, especially your words.  You know, the ones you speak and that his skewed interpretation turns into exactly what he wants to hear.  It can be a bad business.

I really was looking forward to ensconcin
✨ A ✨
I think its because i read the previous 2 books a few years ago, but this is just not it. I am tired of joe and his psychotic antics
____
I mean.. after that cliff hanger, you know I'm dying for this.

description

• Release Date: 6 April 2021 •
______
My review for:
Book #1 : YOU
Book #2 : Hidden Bodies
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*

I'm so sad about this book. I love Joe! His little stabby stabby self is just the best. Except this book.

Joe has moved on and now he is volunteering in a library in a small town. He has come into a bit of money due to a past 'love'. So he has all kinds of time on his hands. (that might have been why I was bored outta my mind for most of this one.) He sees her in the library and he knows that she is the one.
Mary Kay DiMarco. The married to an aging Rockstar, mother of a teenage girl
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

“It’s a nice ‘antidote to the hell scape reality of the world right now’…” That’s me. You’re quoting me.

^^^I sure am. Rules be damned! This was exactly the escape I needed after eighteen thousand months in lockdown with my family and all of their farts.

Are y’all superfans enough to get that reference or did I just waste a crapton of my time making this gif for no reason????

Whatever. Worth it! Especially if it might mean I get
Char
That's right, Joe is baaack! Now he lives on an island, off the coast of Washington state and he's living the quiet life. No, really! He gets a job volunteering at a local library. Being that he is, well...Joe, he's noticed and taken a liking to the head librarian, Mary Kay. Has Joe really changed? Is he going to go after Mary Kay with his usual determination and internal scheming? You'll have to read this to find out!

What I love most about this series is, (and I suspect it's the same reason as
Deanna
May 31, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks, 2021

Well, I like you, but I’m not sure about love…

He’s back!!!

Joe Goldberg is back and we are back to hearing everything that goes on in his head.

Joe says he’s been through hell but tells us he’s a changed man.

Joe is going to be volunteering at the Bainbridge Public Library. Mary Kay DiMarco, (MK for short) is the library’s branch manager. It’s only been a short time but Joe already feels like he knows Mary Kay so well. However, this time he is trying something new. He’s not going to be obsessiv
Alena
Mar 20, 2021 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, thriller, 1-star
After absolutely loving You and really enjoying Hidden Bodies, I am sorry to say that this third book turned out to be shockingly bad.

The plot was mostly tedious and repetitive with some outlandish twists sprinkled in. It was the same story all over again - Joe "falls in love" with another damaged self-centered woman and then proceeds to change his personality to be her perfect boyfriend and to remove all obstacles (people) in her life. Only there are two differences from the previous books: 1.
Christina
Oct 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Joe is back! This book is now available!

Did Love change Joe? The third book in the You series seeks to answer this question. (It's worth noting that I actually shrieked "Oh My God!" when I learned I had gotten an early copy of this novel to review. Thanks so much to Random House for this treat! The book releases on April 6, 2021.)

Having moved to the outskirts of Seattle, our favorite love-struck psychopath Joe is smitten again -- with 90s grunge nostalgia, and also with a sexy librarian named Ma
Beverly
Jul 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
Cortney LaScola Hornyak -  The Bookworm Myrtle Beach
It hurts my heart to say this, but You Love Me was disappointing.

As a fan of the books before the show, and a fan of the show, this just didn't measure up. I don't know, maybe if I hadn't watched the series in between reading Hidden Bodies and You Love Me I would have felt different?

The ending/twists were just implausible, and the only reaction I had was a shrug and an eye roll. There were definitely a bunch of plot holes too. (view spoiler)
Sadie Hartmann
Nov 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a very early copy of YOU LOVE ME back in November of 2020 knowing full well that it was not due to release until April of 2021. My intentions were to hold out until now to read/review but I'll be honest and admit that I read it upon arrival.
The YOU series of books by Caroline Kepnes is the single most binge-worthy series on the planet. Zero exaggeration. The first book, YOU is unputdownable. Literally, I could not put it down. Joe Goldberg is mesmerizing. Once readers get inside his
Erin Clemence
Dec 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, first-reads
Special thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for a free, electronic ARC of this novel received in exchange for an honest review.

Expected publication date: April 6, 2021

The psycho-stalker you can’t help but love is back! Caroline Kepnes brings Joe Goldberg back with a vengeance in her newest novel, “You Love Me”.

Trying to leave the past behind him, Joe Goldberg moves from New York City to a small island town, hoping that a quaint and quiet life will be just what he needs to start over
Doctorella
Jan 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I made a review video of this book 💜 https://youtu.be/c7sKBevmF-A

1. Where is the Love?
Joe is out of a toxic situation and now he is ready to start fresh, what a surprise…NOT! So, hello there Mary Kaye DiMarco “MK”, you’re next! He sees her and he knows this time will be different, this time he will do it right. But…will there be a but? Knowing Joe, I went into the book waiting for all the but’s and red flags to fly in my face.

2. The Good Guy Syndrome
Joe is adamant, this time around, to do things
exploraDora
Aug 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
***5 stars***

I am simply in awe with Caroline Kepnes' ability to make me root for the killer in this series. Yes, Joe is an obsessed stalker who will stop at nothing to have it his way, but everything he does, he does with so much love that we can overlook his homicidal mistakes. 🙈 Because after all Joe is human too, so he makes mistakes like you and me and he has a ton of issues, but in this book he tries so very hard to be good. (he's still disturbed af and it's now clearer than ever before)

He
Jessica | JustReadingJess
You Love Me is a must read for fans of the You series. This is the third book in the series and a great continuation of the series. If you like the Netflix series, I highly recommend reading the books while you are waiting for the next season. The books are different than the show, so there were a few parts I was confused by thinking of what happens in the show versus the previous book. Joe returns with his typical creepiness and scheming. Joe has a new love interest and I loved the suspense to ...more
Play Book Tag: You Love Me by Caroline Kepnes - 3 stars 2 19 Jun 25, 2021 09:59AM

• The Girl in 6E (Deanna Madden, #1)
  • Midnight Sun
  • in the absence of the sun
  • Skin, Bones, and Too Much Love
  • After We Fell (After, #3)
  • The End of the Fucking World
  • The King's Curse (The Plantagenet and Tudor Novels, #7)
  • The Constant Princess (The Plantagenet and Tudor Novels, #6)
  • The Wedding (The Notebook, #2)
  • Kindness Goes Unpunished (Walt Longmire, #3)
  • The Surgeon (Rizzoli & Isles, #1)
  • The Cold Dish (Walt Longmire, #1)
  • The 100 (The 100, #1)
  • The Apocalypse Suite (The Umbrella Academy, #1)
  • Day 21 (The 100, #2)
  • The Apprentice (Rizzoli & Isles, #2)
  • Hotel Oblivion (The Umbrella Academy, #3)
  • The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas (The Umbrella Academy, #2)
See top shelves…
Caroline Kepnes is the New York Times bestselling author of You, Hidden Bodies, Providence and...

You Love Me. Publishing in the US on Aril 6, 2021

(You know You Netflix? That's based on my Joe Goldberg books! You can read You3 before Season 3)

Her work has been translated into a multitude of languages and inspired a television series adaptation of You, currently on Netflix. Kepnes graduated from Br

You (4 books)
  • You (You, #1)
  • Hidden Bodies (You, #2)
  • Untitled (You, #4)

Articles featuring this book

It's always the perfect time to lose yourself in a mystery or thriller...but there's nothing like summer to curl poolside with a...
“We don't come from places. We come from time. From traumatic moments that cannot be undone.” 6 likes
“When people show you who they are, it is your job to pay attention.” 3 likes