Start by marking “Kindred (The Salvation Society)” as Want to Read:
Kindred (The Salvation Society)

Kindred

(The Salvation Society)

It only takes five seconds to disarm a man. But it can take far less when you use words rather than force...

Collete Jaxsen is many things, but a lady isn't one of them. Working for the war office has cultivated her greatest talents and honed them into weapons. But the ugly truth of war can create scars that go too deep to see from the outside.

Unless you've walked that same
Kindle Edition, 1st, 130 pages
Published October 4th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Kindred, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kindred

Start your review of Kindred (The Salvation Society)
Lilith  Seven
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
THE REVIEW FOR THE BOOK KINDRED BY KRISTIN VAYDEN.

Collette Jaxsen, the best spy on whole England, has been given the task to train Emerson, Earl of Burberry, as her partner...But as his training and the case they are working on comes to a closure..they fall in love but a spy falling in love is as dangerous as turning your back on your enemy...both will end with blood...
Emerson was a sniper in Napoleonic wars and now after the war is over, he joined War Office to fight for their country's sec
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4.5 Stars / 2 Steam Fans

I suggest reading the Salvation Series by Corinne Michaels before reading books in the Society, but it is not a requirement.

Key Points for this story in the Salvation Society Collection:
- Historical Romance
- Badass Spy
- Spy in Training
- Salvation Series connection is Jackson Cole from Belonging Duet

Video review available in Week 40: Sep 27 – Oct 3 weekly book reviews and the Kindle Clear Out Readathon Vlog.

For other video book reviews, check out my YouTube Channel: Steph
Kari Hansen
Oct 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Collette is the spy that no one sees coming. Her talent and reputation is second to none and she is prepared to train others in her image but nothing could have prepared her for her Emerson, her latest recruit.

Emerson is an accomplished fighter when it comes to battle and he is prepared to put those talents to good use. When he meets Collette, he is intrigued and attracted by the woman and she challenges him in a way that no woman has done before.

Two head-strong and determined people determined
⭐Toonasa⭐ •Romance Book Lovers' Haven•
A Fast-paced Action-Packed Historical Romance!
I loved Jaxsen & Emerson! Their chemistry is so Fiery😘. DEVOURED this in 4hrs.

#My 1st by Kristin, So going for more!

[NOTE: Jaxsen+Emerson are Jackson Cole's (From Salvation Series by Corinne Michaels) Ancestors.]

Collette Jaxsen, the greatest Spy in England, is totally Kickass!
Emerson, Earl of Burberry, is an adventurer by heart. He was a sniper during Napoleonic wars and Now that it'd ended, he'd taken the job with War Office. AND Jaxsen's his superi
Liz
Oct 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
The second set of The Salvation Society books are here and I am loving them! Kindred by Kristin Vayden was unexpected and surprising. Here we get a story about Jackson Cole’s relatives, Collette and Emerson, after the end of the Napoleon war. She is now his trainer and they both now work in the War office. As they work together, lines begin to blur. I truly enjoyed reading their journey. Kindred by Kristin Vayden was steamy, fun and had a bit of suspense.

Read and reviewed for Sultry Siren Book
Live, Laugh, Love
Sep 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a quick read because the connection between Emerson and Collete, makes you devour every word.
Christina  Thomas
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First can we please recognize how beautiful this cover is?!?! Like wow I was in love and for me a cover can speak a thousand words and can sometimes make me want to read a store than reading what a book is about. I absolutely Loved this author, despite this being my first read by her. I could not put the book down until I finished it. I especially Love that this was a historic Romance and that was a first in the salvation society set so far. If you like historic romance then you will love this b ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Oct 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Salvation Society series has been all contemporary romance until Kindred by Kristin Vayden. Now she's a new to me author, and I do find her with very talented writing style because I don't read historical romance, but she still drew me in completely. Collete is the #GIRLPOWER that isn't normal for the time period so I totally loved her. She comes across Emerson (the Earl of Burberry), and boy did they have some chemistry. What makes this truly special is that she's the top spy so she's now t ...more
Lisa
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Collete Jaxsen is not your typical women she doesn't sit in the kitchen barefoot and pregnant, nope she works for the war office training other's to do her job. When she meets Emerson Marcus the Earl of Burberry there is an attraction, but also annoyance that she has to teach him all the ends and outs. These two have an attraction, but her job is to teach him to work in the war office. Be the invisible wall while trying to gain information. To read about times back then was fun and to watch her ...more
Melena Torretta
Oct 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
This historical romance is different than the other books in the Salvation Society series. The others I have read so far have all been contemporary romance, and I loved that this author took a chance and went with historical.

Collete and Emerson's story is a quick, entertaining read. I liked that Collette is smart and has skills to take care of herself. She and Emerson have lots of chemistry and were interesting characters to read about.

Thank you to the author for providing an ARC for an honest r
Marika
Oct 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
This story is sooo good! I am not usually a fan of historical romance but I didn't feel like I was reading one.
Jaxsen is freaking amazing and such a strong woman.
I loved the banter between Jaxsen and Emerson..I love how she put him in his place with just a few words..and I loved following along on the job and in private!
Marianela Aybar (Mari Loves Books Blog)
Collette and Emerson blew me away or rather I should say the author blew me away. I loved how she mixed the historical with the Salvation Society. I loved Collette as she is one feisty, strong woman and the chemistry with Emerson was explosive. The story had everything I needed and it was hard to put it down, even after I was done.
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
4 Stars

Kristin Vayden is new to me author and even though I’m not a big historical romance reader, I was still intrigued with her contribution in Corinne Michael’s Salvation Society. Colette and Emerson are fire together and if you love historical romance, you will love this one.

Angela - Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Oct 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: loved-it
This author wasn’t on my radar until I saw this book. I’ll admit now I rarely read historical but I’m glad I read this story.

Collette Jaxsen is the greatest spy in England. Work brings them together and they get more than they thought possible.

Really enjoyed this story.
Karin Gesell
Oct 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love historic romances, but I was kinda intrigued how that would play into this series. I also never read this author before. And I gotta say, intriguing is a good word. Especially when you’ve got a woman spy from a time after the Napoleon War. And she kicks butt! Jaxsen & Emerson work together, and eventually do more than just work together. And their story just sucks you in. ...more
Gina Burkart
Sep 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Not something I normally read about. Took some reading to read this story as it sounds amazing and will grab you with the words and draw you in to the story.
Charlene
Oct 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Not my fav. Historicals are not In My normal wheel house.
Tiffany Hannick
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is extremely interesting. Jaxsen and Emerson are both intelligent and bound by duty. Emerson had decided to go to work for the war office after the war with Napoleon was over. Jaxsen was given the job of training him only he never expected that Jaxsen would be a woman. He quickly learned why she was considered to be the best spy in England. They grow close while working together. Emerson can’t help falling for the intelligent, beautiful, and quick wit that he finds in Jaxsen. You will ...more
Marianela Aybar (Mari Loves Books Blog)
Amy Neighbors Senethavilay
Oct 06, 2020
jennifer findley
Nov 10, 2020
Kristin Vayden
Aug 07, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Samina
Kelly
Evelyn
Anna Borody

• Mafia Casanova
  • Those Heartless Boys (Saint Clary's University, #1)
  • Lord of London Town (Adley Firm #1)
  • Risk (The Driven World)
  • Take a Number (Wait With Me, #4)
  • Ignite (Men of Inked: Heatwave #5)
  • Hypothetically
  • Tarnished Empire
  • Stroke of Midnight
  • The Triple Threat
  • A Very Bossy Christmas
  • Consumed by Love (Written in the Stars, #10)
  • Shopping For A CEO's Baby (Shopping for a Billionaire #16)
  • A Bridge Between Us
  • Rules Of Engagement (The Everyday Heroes World)
  • Stay for Me
  • Scandalous Prince (Mafia Royals, #2)
  • The Devil's Vow
Kristin's inspiration for the romance she writes comes from her tall, dark and handsome husband with killer blue eyes. With five children to chase, she is never at a loss for someone to kiss, something to cook or some mess to clean but she loves every moment of it! She loves to make soap, sauerkraut, sourdough bread and gluten free muffins. Life is full of blessings and she praises God for the ble ...more

The Salvation Society (1 - 10 of 57 books)
  • Legacy (The Salvation Society)
  • Stronghold (The Salvation Society)
  • Unwritten (Love in LA; The Salvation Society)
  • Sacrifice (The Salvation Society)
  • Irresistible (The Salvation Society)
  • Exposed (The Salvation Society)
  • Deviated (The Salvation Society)
  • Surrender (The Salvation Society)
  • Broken (The Salvation Society)
  • Reclamation (The Salvation Society)