Start by marking “We'll Meet Again” as Want to Read:
We'll Meet Again

We'll Meet Again

In Liverpool in 1942, seventeen-year-old Frankie Franconi falls in love with charismatic British officer Nick Harper. He gives her a business card with a Baker Street address, and suggests she put her skills to good use. Within a month Frankie has joined the FANYs and started her training. Stationed first in England, then Africa, and finally Italy, Frankie and her fellow r ...more
Published October 1st 2005 by Hodder & Stoughton

To ask other readers questions about We'll Meet Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about We'll Meet Again

Start your review of We'll Meet Again
Tammy
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was strangely surprised at how easily I read this book, not expecting to find it my cup of tea or really likely to hold my interest but somehow it did. Some of the characters were a bit cliched and the events just managed not to annoy me just when I was expecting them to.
Samantha Griffiths
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I actually really enjoyed this book, much to my surprise. I found the first few chapters quite dull, however by chapter 3 the pace is really picked up. I found that the book was written in a way that some chapters flew by, and I stayed up late to devour Frankie’s story and other chapters that made me want to fall asleep and never see the book again.

Overall I’m glad I read this book, it was quite charming. It hasn’t made me want to rush out to purchase all the books Hilary Green has written.
Wendy Williams
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
An engaging story about 17 year old Frankie who is recruited to the SOE following a chance encounter during an air raid. This story felt very real and it was interesting to read about the deprivation, hardship and boredom that went with such important war service. A great read for anyone interested in 'real' WW2 stories.
Liz
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book have some interesting insights into the Italian campaigns in WWll and the role of women. I thoroughly enjoyed it but get it came to a predictable ,and fast end. Maybe she'd meet her word count? Hope the will be more from Hilary.
M.K. Aston
Jun 02, 2019 rated it liked it
An enjoyable read with decently written characters and a pacy narrative. Nice to read a WWII adventure story from a female perspective as well. Glad the author kept the romantic sentiment to a minimum too as I think this helped with the story's realism.
Sue
Aug 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Overall an OK book. Not really my cup of tea but readable.
Gail Wylde
May 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’d forgotten how much I like Hilary Greens’s books. A very enjoyable read. Recommended.
Otto-Ville J.
Nov 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Interesting subject matter, war time in London and Italy, spy operations...
Fi
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The perfect blend of fiction & fact, romance & risk; really enjoyed this book - so much so that I've moved straight on to the sequel ...more
Carolyn Fitzmaurice
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first of Hilary's books that I have read and really enjoyed it and will be reading more of her work.
Hannah
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
Had potential but failed to deliver.
Neither the action nor the romance was particularly convincing.
Months pass by in a twinkling. Events happen because that's where the author drags the plot. It never seems to arise naturally from the characters or situation. There is very little suspense, no chance that a character you care about will be killed or turn out to be a traitor.

I did enjoy reading about Frankie's training and her troubles in relating to the other women. I found the action packed endi
Bowerbird
Jun 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
I had never heard of the FANYs when I started reading this book.
Somehow I was expecting great things as it seemed to be a fascinating basis for a good story. But although it began well with Frankie's first meeting with Nick during an air-raid, I was disappointed to find that so much of it became rather school dorm. ie bitching, secret liaisons and cameraderie, and all a bit too predictable.
The real action was confined to the beginning and the end when there was some actual tension in the writing
Emma
Jan 27, 2008 rated it really liked it
Really good book. I enjoyed seeing how the women of the war were as needed as the men! I loved watching the relationship between nick and frankie blossom and how they kept getting seperated and reunited.

Would recommend to everyone!
Jo Barton
Aug 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whilst in an air raid shelter Gina Franconi meets British Officer Nick Harper. This encounter leads her into an adventurous time in WW2 as part of the group FANYs. I enjoyed this wartime story, and have been encouraged to look for other books by this author.
Bee Hoon Tee
Sep 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
touching
Samantha
Aug 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely Love this Type of Book I don't even Care that Most of Them are along the Same Lines .. They are Just a Brilliant Read .. Always Great to Read about What the Women Did in The War ;)
Coyney
Mar 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
An excellent read, just a bit predictable that frankie is the one to save nick
Emily

• Afraid of the Light
  • My Lies, Your Lies
  • The Hiding Place
  • One Split Second
Hilary Green is a trained actress and spent many years teaching drama. She has always written, producing novels, scripts for the BBC, and short stories, one of which one the Kythira Prize awarded by the Historical Novel Society.

When not writing she gardens, rides horses, walks in the countryside and plays bridge as well as enjoying travel and has been round the world several times. Hilary is marr