Start by marking “Faith in the Shadow of a Pandemic” as Want to Read:
Faith in the Shadow of a Pandemic

Faith in the Shadow of a Pandemic

Every crisis brings disorientation. Whether you’re dealing with a natural disaster, political unrest, or something as strange as the COVID-19 pandemic, life changes. In the middle of crisis and change, Jesus Christ remains the same. As Christians, we are called to live by faith in Christ and in love toward our neighbors. Faith in the Shadow of a Pandemic discusses the impa ...more
Published September 8th 2020 by Concordia Publishing House

To ask other readers questions about Faith in the Shadow of a Pandemic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Faith in the Shadow of a Pandemic

Start your review of Faith in the Shadow of a Pandemic
Mary Moerbe
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book, drawing on a wealth of answers for many of the questions that have come up in a time of duress about health and government intervention. It was written fairly early in, but I still find it very timely and comforting during a later Covid wave.

Strengths: great comfort, perspective, and reassurance! It raises great points about fear, concerns, constraints, vocation, generosity, science, lament, and Christian death. And it does so in a very lay-friendly way with footnotes for t
Tellef Granaas
Sep 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Come what may

A small book with huge content. Comforting, enlightening and boldly written. A great deal of topics are made room for in this short book. It’s stuffed with quotations that leaves the reader in no doubt about the writers capacity for theologically steadfastness. A great tool for pastors and laypeople as well. And a starting point for further reading is firmly established.
Thank you.
Lisa
I deeply appreciate this book. It's exactly what I needed right now. If you have been remotely touched by living in a world with a coronavirus pandemic, you may welcome the firmness and encouragement Dr. Pless and Dr. Corzine give.

You are loved. You are forgiven. You are free to show love to your neighbors.
Dona
Faith in the Shadow of a Pandemic was an easy to read book to read and gave me great encouragement and in-site into this Pandemic. I encourage people to read this book. We need to trust in our Lord and Saviour that He is with us always.
Edward Durand
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well write, backed with Scripture and doctrine. It gives one plenty to ponder. Clergy and laity, both, would find this a useful resource.
Christopher Raffa
Nov 18, 2020

• Faith Alone: The Heart of Everything
  • The Shadows
  • The Searcher
  • A Good Girl's Guide to Murder (A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, #1)
  • The Unholy Trinity: Martin Luther Against the Idol of Me, Myself, and I
  • Technopoly: The Surrender of Culture to Technology
  • Agent 355
  • Troll Valley
  • Magic Born or Magic Cursed? : Short Story Collection
  • When I Was You
  • The Chalk Man
  • The Reborn King (The Dragon's Blade, #1)
  • A Year Down Yonder (A Long Way from Chicago, #2)
  • The Haunting of Brynn Wilder
  • Be the Bridge: Pursuing God's Heart for Racial Reconciliation
  • Tuesday's Gone (Frieda Klein, #2)
  • Ascendant (Songs of Chaos #1)
  • A Hobbit, a Wardrobe, and a Great War: How J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis Rediscovered Faith, Friendship, and Heroism in the Cataclysm of 1914-18
Rev. John T. Pless joined the Concordia Theological Seminary (CTSFW), Fort Wayne, faculty in 2000. He is assistant professor of Pastoral Ministry and Missions and also serves as director of Field Education.

News & Interviews