Start by marking “Seconds (Internet Famous, #6)” as Want to Read:
Seconds (Internet Famous, #6)

Seconds

(Internet Famous Collection #6)

Braxton Knight always had his mind set on becoming a celebrity chef. So much so that he forgot how to be a gentleman. His arrogance destroyed the confidence in many women, until he met the one woman who didn’t fawn over his every move. Phoenix Brighton. Soon, karma would come back to bite him in the ass that would devastate his future. Or so he thought. Turns out, it’s som ...more
Kindle Edition
Published September 30th 2020

Start your review of Seconds (Internet Famous, #6)
Paula  Phillips
Oct 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Moving onto Book #6 in the Internet Famous Collection we meet Braxton Knight, a celebrity chef, and this tale of Cam Johns is based loosely on Rapunzel. I have to admit I was a little confused at first as the book is set in two different periods. We have Braxton now where he is trying to get another second chance with Senara whom he slept within a no-strings relationship during a dark time when the love of his life - his first love Phoenix died. Now three years later he is becoming very successf ...more
Sonya Jesus
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Cam Johns has a unique ability to twist a fairy tale. I loved this Rapunzel retelling about the girl trapped in a tower by (can't tell you that... you have to read it) and the chef who fell for her. It was heartbreaking at times and it kicked me in the gut when the twist hit, but I'm a fan of those kind of stories—the ones that make you feel the emotion. It's beautifully written and so worth the read.
Sophie Koufes
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Seconds (Internet Famous Collection #7) puts a unique twists with a dark retelling of the Fairytale Rapunzel. I absolutely loved it. Intricately weaved with heart-rending moments and laughter at times. I was drawn to the characters and the storyline. I loved the arrangement with the letters written to celebrity chef Braxton Knight.
A beautiful dark retelling with a jaw dropping twist.
Sep 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Second by Cam Johns is fairy tale retelling of Rapunzel.

I LOVED how different this retelling was! I love the dark vibe of it. It has a great balance of drama and sexiness. I really enjoy Miss Johns storytelling and the way these characters seem to incite such feelings and emotions while you’re reading. I found myself tearing up and then bawling at some of the scenes. Ah good times! I anxiously await what’s next from this author!! I give this 5 stars!
Lauren Stockdale
Sep 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Generally it was a great story but wasn't my usual read😊
Jennifer Pierson
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Seconds is definitely an original modern day telling of Rapunzel with a dark twist, and I never saw it coming. There are three people that I'll name but that's it because this story is so much better when you go in blind.  It surrounds Braxton, Phoenix, and Senara, but it's not a love triangle per se.  The talented Cam Johns brought the thunder with this story, and I'm still not over it as the book hangover was intense.  There's angst for days leading to my heartbreak, so obviously it really hit ...more
Donise
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Once I started this book, I couldn't stop reading until the end because I had to know what happened to Phoenix and why. The book begins with Braxton opening a new restaurant and being crappy to his sort of girlfriend, Sen and her leaving him with the wish that a woman would come along and rock his world and upset his orderly existence and that she would be around to see it. Then we are take to Braxton's session with a therapist and dealing with his loss of Phoenix and why things happened the way ...more
CeeJay Daisy
Sep 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
♥️🌼Sometimes, Life is All About Second Chances🌼♥️
I have been reading books written by Cam Johns from the very beginning...and I have always liked her writing style and her imagination...and she hasn’t written a book yet I didn’t love....♥️🌼
In Seconds, this author has given us an original story about forgiveness and second chances and redemption... There are 3 main characters in this book, but it’s not about a ménage and there is no cheating.....I promise you’ve not read this story before...The c
Clara Atkinson
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
LLS
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was another solid offering from this series. Braxton is a celebrity chef who is struggling with overwhelming grief and losing his way. The story is told with a series of flashbacks that gives you insights into his relationship with Phoenix. This side of the story was raw and heartbreaking. Senara was someone who came into his life in the midst of his turmoil. Will Braxton be able to move on and can he make room in his life for another relationship.

Thank you for the privilege of reading thi
Breen
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“A wonderful retelling of the classic fairytale of Rapunzel. I was excited about the idea of a retelling of this classic story. I’m pretty sure it was my first retelling of this fairytale or at least I can’t remember other. Anyway I absolutely adore the darkness of this story. We had drama with some twisted situations and the perfect amount sexiness. It was my first book of Cam and I really liked how the story developed and the personalities of all the characters. A great addition to the Interne ...more
Nai
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow, just... wow! Seconds by Cam Johns is the sixth instalment in the internet famous collection, it is a modern retelling of Rapunzel. I was a little confused with the story at the beginning but once it clicked and I got further into it I just couldn’t put it down.

Add in the epic twist at the end and this is a truly enjoyable read that has you hooked.

Braxton’s character had so much depth and there were so many mysteries woven into the storyline.

I definitely recommend this book. Cam Johns has
Fran Zoch, LSoR
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In this retelling of Rapunzel we have Brighton who us a chef and had the love his life Phoenix but she was kept away and her parents are the reason he lost her, then he had a no strings with Senara now years later he is getting his life straight and therapy is helping and Senara is back , can he get her back too?
This one was definitely different but I still enjoyed it
Kristina Bowen
Oct 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
I’m not generally a person that likes reading in the past but dang it this book tugged on my heart. So well written and a great Rapunzel retelling. I didn’t see the end coming at all and for the whole last chapter my eyes and mouth wide open, super shocked. It ended so fast, but it didn’t really leave me wanting more, there was closure, which I appreciate.
Isha Coleman
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Strong women. High Profile Situations. Dangerous Love. Prepare to get hooked on the Internet Famous Collection. Johns refuses to be hearts and flowers. Seconds gives the heart a reality check with some hard truths and heartbreaking romance. Braxton and Phoenix aren't meant to a fairytale fantasy, but a wake - up call that makes an impression.
Marianela Aybar (Mari Loves Books Blog)
This is one Rapunzel retelling I didn't see coming. I like the twists and it's somewhat dark at times; but it has steam and passion and some laughable moments. It's different and I like that. I can't say more or it will give up too much but be prepared. This is not your typical fairy tale.
Loralie
Oct 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
This story about Braxton had some pretty big highs and lows. You read of his heartbreak and then the story starts. He's trying to find acceptance and finding his way out of grief and to a second chance. It was emotional and uplifting too.
Deven Dickens
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was a beautifully written retelling of a classic fairytale Rapuzel. The characters were well written. It has the right amount of steamy scenes mixed with a little drama. It balanced out greatly. It gave me a little bit of all the feels. This book was all that and then some. 😍💖💖
Krystal Worthington
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This second chance, dark re-telling of Rapunzel has all the feels. I love when a book can bring tears to your eyes. Really loving Cam's writing style and I look forward to reading more from her.
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An amazing, heart wrenching romance! Such great characters! Could not put it down!
Annabelle
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

Cam did an awesome with this story! Braxton is wrecked with the loss of Phoenix. His life is crumbling. It takes a lot for him to bounce back from. His need to find the truth of her death helps him to find a love he didn’t think possible. And omg the ending is not what I expected!!! Must read!!!
Gladys
Oct 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book. It was easy to get into and it held my attention well. The characters were interesting and the story intriguing. Lots of drama and emotion. This is my frank, freely posted review.
Fran Zoch, LSoR
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this retelling of Rapunzel we have Brighton who us a chef and had the love his life Phoenix but she was kept away and her parents are the reason he lost her,  then he had a no strings with Senara now years later he is getting his life straight and therapy is helping and Senara is back , can he get her back too?
This one was definitely different but I still enjoyed it
Oct 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Seconds is Book 6 of the Internet Famous collection. This was a very different type of story set in two different periods of time with a dark twist. Don't get me wrong, I've read much darker stories but did want to clarify that this isn't a light, rainbows, and unicorns story either. Unexpected twists and turns kept me on the edge of my seat. Great addition to the series!

Mindy Chase-selder
Wow!! This one was a heartbreaking, gut wrenching, tear jerking retelling of Rupunzel. Braxton has gone through so much pain and heartbreak, having a hard time trusting others especially women. Having to important women (Senara and then Phoenix) come into his life, I could not put the book down until I found out what happened with each of them. When we find out Phoenix's story I couldn't help but Cry for her and for Braxton. Such a horrible loss of life. Thankfully Braxton had a support system t ...more
Bruny
Mood Reader
Sherry
Ellie W
Aug 18, 2020

• Sunsets & Somedays (425 Madison, #21)
  • Just Roommates (425 Madison, #19)
  • Melting Wynter (425 Madison Ave #20)
  • Her Last Love (A 425 Madison Novel, #22)
  • Unexpected Expectations (A 425 Madison Novel, #18)
  • The Best Friend Zone: A Small Town Romance
  • Fierce (Rosewood High, #4)
  • Blood & Honey (Serpent & Dove, #2)
  • Rough Country (Tannen Boys, #3)
  • Roar (Stormheart, #1)
  • Dom: Silver Saints MC
  • Hack (Silver Saints MC, #3)
  • Playing for Keeps : Campus Love Book 1 (Forever Safe Summer II 16)
  • Kingpin Bride
  • His Siren (A Steele Riders Family Novella #2)
  • Seduced by a Little White Lie (I'm Yours, #7)
  • Hollow Heathens (Tales of Weeping Hollow, #1)
  • His Unexpected Love (A Man Who Knows What He Wants #197)

Internet Famous Collection (8 books)
  • Shook (Internet Famous, #1)
  • Stagefight (Internet Famous, #2)
  • Beast (Internet Famous, #3)
  • Deserted (Internet Famous, #4)
  • Chanced (Internet Famous, #5)
  • Devoted (Internet Famous, #7)
  • Trolled (Internet Famous, #8)

News & Interviews