Start by marking “Stillness: Whispers From Nature” as Want to Read:
Stillness: Whispers From Nature

Stillness: Whispers From Nature

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  12 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Stillness intertwines outdoor landscape images and original poems by photographic artist / author, Kent Burkhardsmeier. The poems reveal the author’s journey seeking peace in nature—through nature’s universal voice of presence, centering, and hope. The images offer space for the heart and mind to wander—carefree.

Award-winning photographer Kent J Burkhardsmeier discovered c
Hardcover, Limited, 96 pages
Published September 2020 by Orialivi Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Stillness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stillness

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of Stillness: Whispers From Nature
Paul
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stillness: Whispers From Nature, is a collections of photographs that calm the soul, and enhance quiet reflection. The images are beautiful and moving. Kent captured a diverse of array of scenes from around the world. Through his photographs, he conveys a sense of calmness and stillness. The combination of the photos with his poetry is unique, and brings a new dimension to Kent's artistry.
There are many beautiful books of photos that have been published, but no other with the unique combinatio
Leanne Pardo
Stillness by Kent Burkhardsmeier has the power to transport readers to their happy place. For me, the image of sky and palm trees on page 72, along with the poem Awakening, had me daydreaming about my annual vacation to Palm Springs. This feel good book is a fantastic gift idea for the holidays. Why not add a note about your happy place for the recipient to ponder? What a great way to connect during this oddly disconnected year of 2020.
Paula G
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book "Stillness: Whispers From Nature" feels like the author has gently taken your hand and is leading you through the landscapes. You can see them through his eyes and feel them with his words. The book is a wonderful escape into nature. Thanks you for letting us into your work for a short period of time.
Shane Balkowitsch
Kent's photography mixed with his subtle and honest poems is something to behold. I felt as if I was with him when he snapped each exposure. I am so very happy to have his book on the shelf so that I can share it with others.
Bill Rosenberg
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love photography. I love good photography. I love inspiring and insightful photography. Therefore, I love "Whispers From Nature". Most books of this genre will offer you stunning photographs with perhaps an explanation of where they were captured along with a pertinent side story. What Kent has done here is added his own poetry alongside these wonderful images. Now, when you view these images and your mind takes you on its own journey, you are given the opportunity to BE on that journey with t ...more
Larry Colby
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kent,
I’m overwhelmed by how good this is. I’m honored by the mention of our photo buddies. I’m impressed by the foreword written by Melinda Gates who does so much good in the world.

I love the photos I have seen and remember, and the poems that accompany them. I see inspirational posters.

Thank you for creating something that improves our lives and makes our coffee table better. I’m putting cotton gloves with it!
Jennifer Gates
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kent is a fabulous photographer and poet- this book is a work of art and has brought us lots of joy!
Kevin Burkhardsmeier
More than a book and more than a group of pictures. The beautiful images captured in nature with restful, thoughtful words make this work a must for one coffee table. Not only is it presented with artistic character, it is done with wonderful class. I highly recommend it!
Kevin Burkhardsmeier
Neal
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"we join the world's chorus
jubilation in awe"

These are the last two lines of Kent's poem entitled "first blue". When we first open his book, Stillness: Whispers From Nature, we are greeted with "jubilation in awe"; and the book continues to evoke imagery and word-songs until the very end. What makes it so remarkable for me is that, while I knew of Kent's amazing photography, I didn't know that his art also included the ability to translate the language of shadow and light into the language of
Paula Bock
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kent's photographs and poetry in "Stillness" are a treasure and a balm! Flipping through, the images take my breath away. But I am going to enjoy one each day, after waking, when my mind is quiet and free. Amidst pandemic and political upheaval, it will be a gift to be transported every day to a peaceful place in the wilds.
Georgia C.
Oct 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stillness: Whispers of Nature is a filled with Kent Burkhardsmeier's gorgeous photography combined with insightful poetry. It offers a calming respite from the world. I enjoy reading it often and highly recommend it to others.
Judi Swanberg
Oct 07, 2020
Kent Burkhardsmeier
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Cindy Spritzer
Sara Santos
Oct 06, 2020
Shubhi Sharma
Oct 08, 2020
Kent Burkhardsmeier grew up in the vast, open landscape of North Dakota where he began his interest in photography. After graduating from the University of Colorado, Kent had a successful business career working at EDS and Microsoft. During that time of his life, he traveled extensively and lived in many places within the US, as well as internationally (Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Italy, and the ...more

News & Interviews