Start by marking “True Mate's Kiss” as Want to Read:
True Mate's Kiss

True Mate's Kiss

Is this dragon and this new life truly fated to be mine? Or is this just another fairy tale?

I feel stuck in a gilded prison, longing for the day escape is possible. Home is just a place to survive while I wait to figure out what my life should be. My adopted family seems to tolerate the human foundling they rescued as a kid. All except for my adopted brother. He seems to h
Kindle Edition, Grim and Sinister Delights Book 4, 83 pages
Published September 12th 2020

To ask other readers questions about True Mate's Kiss, please sign up.
Mia That's so unfortunate. Hopefully the correct edition will be released soon. I really was enjoying the story until it just.. ended without an actually …moreThat's so unfortunate. Hopefully the correct edition will be released soon. I really was enjoying the story until it just.. ended without an actually ending. lol(less)

Start your review of True Mate's Kiss
Sanji
Sep 12, 2020 rated it it was ok
To be continued?

Where's the ending? Considering this is part of the Grim and Sinister Delights book, perhaps it was supposed to end with a horror genre-type of ending a la Dean Koontz's Demon Seed. However, it really does seem like the second half of the book is missing. If this was supposed to be a continuing series or a duet or something, I wish there was an author's note at the end saying so.
I enjoyed the premise, even if not 'grim or sinister', and it was getting to be a delight before the
Szidi ☼
Sep 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Q1: Where is the end of this book? It's only a half story.
Q2: Where is the darkness?!
Q3: Why mention makeup stuffs if there isn't nothing more in this line of the story?!

It was cute, but I thought it would be better.
Ana
Sep 13, 2020 rated it liked it
I liked it. It was a nice book but I did have a few issues with it. I liked the plot. It was interesting, even though I would want so much more of it. The main characters were both nice. I didn’t feel such a great connections between them and I would love so much more time of them together, but I was happy with what I get from them.

What didn’t worked for me was that it wasn’t really a dark, or maybe just wasn’t dark enough for me. There were a few things that didn’t make sense and I finished th
Jacquie Stewart
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was ok
What?

It ended so abruptly there that I'm sitting in shock. It needs another 10 pages at least. I feel so let down. I've got a million questions. Is this just a prologue to a full story?
Also it isn't very dark and there are several story threads that go absolutely nowhere.
shannon sand
Sep 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Ends abruptly

The book doesn't really end it's weird it's a good story line overall but it literally sounds and feels like it's half finished.
LOLA
Hell of an ending.🙂
Christine Steel
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was ok
No ending

It is such a shame to give two stars as I largely enjoyed this story but it just stops abruptly after a sex scene and there is no conclusion to the story, it’s so abrupt I thought maybe I hadn’t downloaded the book correct but no that’s it and how it ties in with sleeping beauty I have no idea.
Stacy
Sep 28, 2020 rated it liked it
I really liked this book, and then it ended! My first thought was that I had a bad download, so I removed it from my kindle, and then re-downloaded it. That's how badly it ended! Like my first thought wasn't omg way too short, no I thought there was something wrong. I mean it wasn't a cliffhanger, it just ended. There was absolutely no resolution to the conflicts, and no to be continued! It was great 'til it ended; maybe I'm overreacting, I guess I hope they continue with these characters becaus ...more
Sal
Jan 13, 2021 rated it it was ok
This...
I wanted to love it and to be honest the story was good but my goodness there were a lot of editing issues throughout which had me having to re-read to make sense and I hate being pulled out of a story once I start.
It wasn’t as dark as I think it should have been. I wanted to know just what had happened to him during his time with the Rosen’s not have it glossed over.
Why mention make up on more than one occasion and then forget about Aurelius’ desire to wear it?
And then I got to the end.
Ellen
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was ok
This was very confusing. The only similarity to Sleeping Beauty was the dragon and his name. To me it was more like a butchered Cinderella, but with one evil brother instead of 2.

There were little things all through this short story that were irritating (people hitting on Bryar but him not doing anything about it, the dragon guy, Az-something, being a total dick when explaining who Bryar is, etc.), but the biggest was the abrupt ending. I read a couple other reviews that mentioned it, and they w
Desiree
Jan 06, 2021 rated it it was ok
What happened to the rest?

The story starts off interesting. There are some editing errors that make some sentences hard to figure out. The kicker is when it abruptly ends. Nothing is resolved. It’s like the book wasn’t fully published or something. To me that is a glaring error, especially since it’s part of a series. Is no one actually checking these books?
Suzanne Irving
Sep 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Terrific m/m series

This is a fun idea to have different authors write dark m/m versions of classic fairy tales. While they are labeled as grim and sinister they always have happy endings and are fun to read. I am reading them a bit out of order but it really doesn’t matter. Just read if this is your thing and enjoy some real escapism.
Tanja
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was ok
Umm

This seems to be half of a book. It ends abruptly, in the middle of a scene. Is there more to this book?
Julie Taylor
Sep 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ok

Well that was strange the very abrupt ending . Not seen a story done like that before nothing just done. Need more
Deon Brown
Sep 16, 2020 rated it did not like it
Terrible

The book just abruptly ends without the rest of the story. Its not even a cliffhanger. The character goes to sleep and thats it. Horrible!
Jacqui Hooper
Oct 07, 2020 rated it did not like it
Unfinished

WTF - this book just abruptly stops. Characters are interesting and the situation that the main characters find themselves is built up okay. Will there be a sequel
BabyGurlNJPA
Feb 24, 2021 rated it did not like it
Where is the rest of the book???
Scooby2
Dec 28, 2020
Keyrala
Sep 22, 2020
Bri
rated it did not like it
Sep 17, 2020

• Naked Ambition
  • With a Twist
  • Beauty Bound
  • Pied Piper
  • Demons Do It Better (Hidden Species #1)
  • The Reluctant Alpha (West Coast Wolves, #1)
  • False Feathers
  • Shards of Ice
  • Taming Dante (Dante's Infernal #1)
  • Lost Boy (Secret Desires, #2)
  • Bloody Wishes
  • Jon's Boom Shaka Laka Problem (Jon’s Mysteries, #4)
  • Love Him Free (On the Market, #1)
  • Amusing You (Omega's Luck #2)
My fascination with magic and the paranormal started early with The Worst Witch and Labyrinth (yep, that’s where I know Tim Curry from). To this day, they remain my favorite nostalgic movies and I still watch them. Now, I’m bringing my own brand of magic and mystery to you lovely people.

Outside of writing, I’m just another crazy wife and mother (if you don’t believe me, just ask the hubs or the ki

News & Interviews