Start by marking “Knock Out (Beautiful Boxers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Knock Out (Beautiful Boxers, #1)

Knock Out (Beautiful Boxers, #1)

Brodie King has only one goal - doing whatever it takes to become a pro boxer. The last thing he wants is to find his mind and body derailed by a luscious, shy librarian. Now all he can think about is coaxing her to come out of her shell and how he's going to make her his.

Humiliated by the only man she ever let into her bed, Tabitha Simms took the job in Walton, MA, determ
Published August 25th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Knock Out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knock Out

Start your review of Knock Out (Beautiful Boxers, #1)
Carmen Rae
This book was exactly what I expected and wanted when I read the blurb for it. It’s a sweet novella with a charming librarian heroine and a sexy tattooed boxer hero.

Both Tabitha and Brodie were likable and from the little time we got to know them they were very relatable. Obviously, with the length of the book it was very much instalove but it was cute and flowed well and I really enjoyed it.

This was exactly what I needed after an angsty read just to enjoy and get lost in for thirty minutes.
Briana B.
Oct 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
For a novella, I greatly enjoyed it! The conversations and thought processes among the characters were smooth and easy to follow. I never had to reread sections to determine what was going on. The descriptions of the settings, characters, and surroundings were just the right among to ensure that the readers got an image in their mind rather than not being enough to form a well rounded picture.

The only thing I might have added was having a scene where Tabby told Brodie about her horrible experie
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
Aug 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: alpha-male, arc
Oh wow... This was a really short story, but a really enjoyable one 😊

Tabitha just started working at the library as the new librarian. Brodie is also working at the library doing some renovations. And the two of them just can't stop checking each other out. Until Brodie asks out Tabitha. Tabitha doesn't know if his asking her out because he wants to just have sex with her. After a bad experience with a guy before she's hesitant to accept his invite. But when he rescues his cat she takes the chan
Lieneke
Sep 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Thanks to Willow James and NetGalley to provide me this book as an e-arc. Really enjoyed reading this.

The book is about a muscular boxer and a curvy young woman. You know it's going to be a nice smutty book just by the short description of the main characters. It's a short story, I've read it within an hour. And it's really very sexy and smutty, just what you want when you read a book like this.

There is not a lot of character development, but you can't expact that to happen within less than 60
May
Sep 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
* This was sent to me in exchange for an honest review via NetGalley*
This was a super sweet and quick romance that just lifts your mood. Definitely 18+ in some places but it's tasteful and balances out the adorableness of the budding relationship. The book's description describes it as insta-love and while it has elements of that I am much more inclined to describe it as insta-lust. For such a short novel (Only 55 pages) the characters were very likeable and relatively well developed. Max was my
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4 Stars!

Willow James has got a brand new series and y'all, I was here for it. Knock Out is the first book in her Beautiful Boxers Series and what a hot little jam-packed read. Tabitha and Brodie lit up my kindle from the moment they met and didn't stop until the very last word. Sexy, swoony, steamy... you don't want to miss out on this fast-paced, standalone romance.

This might have been my first Willow James book but I can guarantee it won't be my last, especially when it comes to her beautiful,
Becky
Sep 28, 2020 rated it liked it
A decent short story about a shy librarian and aspiring boxer who meet when he comes to her library to do some construction work, and have an instant connection.

It's pretty much what you'd expect from a 55 page story - not much character development and very insta-lovey, which is why is tend to prefer full length novels. It wasn't bad for what it was, though, and I had a good time reading it. I think the author has great potential and should they decide to write longer stories, I'd be very much
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Aug 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this authors debut story! I don’t typically like sports romance books but this short story ticked all of my buttons and it didn’t emphasize the boxing aspect of the story. There is an immediate connection between Brodie and Tabitha, the sexy, curvy and slightly awkwardlibrarian. Max the kitten plays matchmaker in this fun loving short story. I can’t wait for this authors follow up story!!
Michele
Oct 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars

This novella was a quick read that packed a "punch" - - no pun intended.

I think it's typically hard to connect the reader to characters in a short novella. However, the author did a fair job of it with this story. Brodie and Tabitha were both very likable characters and made a wonderful couple. Brodie was the perfect alpha male to calm Tabitha's insecurities.

Knock Out offered a quick escape from real life. The reader is able to journey into the world of a sexy, curvy (albeit insec
Alexandra
Sep 23, 2020 rated it did not like it
The synopsis of this book is what made me want to read it. A steamy romance between a sweet librarian and an alpha man boxer.
It's safe to say that I was pretty disappointed when I read it. The characters don't really have any depth, their relationship development was uninteresting and boring. I know this is only a 55 page book but it could've been so much better.
We don't know anything about Tabitha and Brodie other than the fact that she's an insecure, shy librarian and he's a wannabe pro boxer.
Maricar Dizon
review originally posted on ROMANCE JUNKIE BOOK BLOG

One of the things I take into consideration when I read a romance novel is the characters. A story plot or trope might be something that has been written before but the characters and how the author gave them life are always unique in every book.

Brodie King and Tabitha Simms were an interesting pairing. Brodie was a confident and extremely handsome boxer while Tabitha was a shy librarian. The story starts with the two of them already interactin
Greer Rivers
Aug 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: lovers of sweet instalove
Tabitha is a curvy librarian with some past boy issues that make her feel unwanted. What she needs is a MAN, who makes her feel wanted and we definitely get that in Brodie! Brodie is working construction at the library and is 🔥🥵 I love the way these two are introduced to each other. Tabitha’s cute kitten, Max, almost steals the show. I love a good pet sidekick.

This novella is very well written and dual POV, which I LOVE. I loved Brodie’s POV the most. He totally has book boyfriend vibes and it w
patrick Lorelli
Sep 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Tabatha is a librarian who has curves and her friend says rocks in a dress, but because of a guy she dated in college has low self-esteem. So now living in a new town taking the job as a librarian she is just hoping to get through each day without being noticed.
Works for her until a remodel at the library and she meets one of the construction workers by the name of Brodie, who also is working his way through the boxing ranks. He sees and thinks she is a knockout. After asking her out for a date
Lynn Reynolds
Aug 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4.5 Stars

Tabitha loves her job. Brodie’s second job isn’t his passion. But it’s that job that sets things in motion.

The author was very smart in making this book a short read. She didn’t cut any corners. I didn’t feel as if anything was rushed. Everything made sense. You could picture everything as it played out. The only is, I was left wanting more.

That is just one way to show how smart our author is. She got me hooked with two people you almost couldn’t picture having an attraction. Bu
Stephanie Panach
Sep 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really liked this short story. It reminded me a lot of Christa Wick's curvy girl stories - which isn't a bad thing at all! Tabitha is a curvy, shy, beautiful, librarian and new cat owner. She's been burned by a past "relationship" with a real jerk. Brodie is a boxer - who is doing construction work while he tries to go pro in the boxing world. Brodie is very attracted to Tabitha - but Tabitha has a hard time believing he is really interested in her. Brodie is definitely one of the good ones. H ...more
Ronel Olver
Aug 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
I had a great time reading this book, its a fun, flirty, sweet, awkward at times romance between Tabitha, a shy librarian and Brodie the hot, sexy muscled contractor/boxer. Brodie is instantly smitten with Tabitha and after a week he build up the courage to ask her out when he sees Max, the fur-ball of cuteness and destruction. All goes well until he tells her she turns him on and all her insecurities kick in and she declines. Only after matchmaker Max strikes again and Brodie rescues him does s ...more
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog

To say Knock Out was instalove would be about one syllable too long, it's really just insta! This is like "love in a microwave" fast but if you're into instalove and novellas, there's plenty to love about this book.

Krista Loreen
Sep 19, 2020 rated it liked it
This book is exactly as it’s described, an instalove romance novella. The MC’s get right together and the author doesn’t dice words with the romance and gets right to work.

Both Brodie and Tabitha are cute and the cat was a great catalyst for them. There were a few small things that threw me out of the story. One was was with the use of “2X4” instead of writing out “two by four” and another was anytime Tabitha was constantly described with a “flush on creamy skin”.

I started this book right before
Emily Slack
Sep 22, 2020 rated it liked it
This was sent to me in exchange for an honest review via NetGalley

Talk about insta love. The introduction of this book held nothing back, within the first sentence of the book the reader is thrown into the world of Tabitha and Brodie. While this book is a great fast read, and I mean fast, there are a couple things that I would keep in mind before you buy this book (although its only 99 cents so what do you really have to lose) the MCs in this story hold nothing back, the insta love is almost unb
Dana
Sep 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
When it says in the blurb that this is a short story, please take it to heart. At the end of it, it says this was a novella, but I’m not sure it qualifies as a novella. It took me close to, but not quite a full hour to read this back to back. It starts off strong, and the characters are likable. If short super stories are you’re jam, jump on it because you’ll love it. But, probably because of the length of it, I didn’t have time to connect to what the heck was happening there. The writer is real ...more
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a completely new to me author, and as far as I can tell, this is her first published work. It's not a long book, but still manages to be a complete story. I have to say, I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this story, and how real the characters seemed to be. Both Brodie and Tabitha were delightfully awkward at some points, but they are also perfectly amazing together. There was an immediate connection between them, which I love, and a smoldering heat between them that almost melted my ...more
Dimple
Aug 24, 2020 rated it really liked it

Curvy, sweet and innocent Tabitha has just begun working at the library and relishes a world where she can be herself. After a bad experience with a jackass who only cared about getting laid, then breaking down women's confidence afterwards, she has difficulty trusting men. Especiall
JudyAnnLovesBooks
Aug 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Knock Out was my first read by Willow James and it will not be my last. I’m a huge fan of InstaLove novella reads and this book is exactly that.
Tabatha and Brodie are adorable. She’s a sweet, curvy, librarian with a soft spot for cats. He’s working construction while waiting for his big break in the ring.
They meet at the library and Brodie is smitten. More than anything he wants to make her his. Tabatha is hesitant to start anything with the sexy man but is forced to accept a date with him aft
Geeky Girl Review Cafe
Aug 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Librarian and a Fighter...

I loved Willow's 1st book, she did great as a brand new author, I'm super impressed.

I love that this story involved a sweet and innocent librarian and a construction worker...or wait was she maybe not so sweet and innocent and was he maybe a up and coming fighter?!? Hmm, how clever of Willow to keep us on our toes.

I loved Tabitha's real life issues, concerns over her curvy body and panic problems with crowds. Things that so many readers can relate to.

The heat in this
Danielle Amor
Oct 29, 2020 rated it liked it
I Was Provided A Copy Of This Book From @netgalley. I Requested It As I Have Seen So Many Other Bookstagram Accounts Posting Reviews On ‘Romance’ Books, I Thought I Would Give Them A Go As A Change To My Usual!

This Is A Hot And Steamy Short Story, I Literally Read It In On Go Because I Was Desperate To Know If The Girl Got The Boy! Brodie Is Every Woman’s Fantasy Bad Boy, All Tattoos Stubble And A Nice Body! It’s A Feel Good Book, As Long As You Don’t Shy Away From A Bit Of Sex Then You Will Enj
Michelle
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a great novella instalove romance book. Brodie is a pro boxer that does construction work on the side and Tabitha is a smart librarian that is on the plus size. Tabitha has had a bad experience with romance in the past because of her size and so when Brodie showed interest in her she had to learn to believe in herself. I really liked the storyline and would have liked more interaction with Brodie and Tabitha about her past experience but it still was fun reading how they get together.
Als
Renee Entress
Aug 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, short-story
4 star

I was pulled right into this short story. The story has laughs, secrets, and heartbreak.

This is Tabitha and Brodie’s story. Tabitha has given up on men after being humiliated. Brodie wants her with one look. He is not going to run when she denies him. Does he want her or just sex? He shows her he has a heart and she wants to give him a chance. Is he is going to prove to her that he wants her and will do anything to have her?

I loved these characters and the side characters. I felt I could
Melissa (BookNerdMomo)
Thank you to Netgalley and BooksGoSocial for a copy of this in exchange for an honest review
Actual rating 3.5 stars

This super short, novella length, read was sweet and light hearted and exactly what I needed to pass the time today. I wish it had been longer because for such a short book the writing was great and even with the instalove it left me wanting more from the characters. And honestly I'm not usually a fan of instalove. I'll definitely check out the author's future books.
Jeraca
Sep 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received this free eARC novel from NetGalley. This is my honest review.

I can never turn down a book when one of the characters is a librarian. Brodie and Tabitha have an instant connection that they can't ignore, but Tabitha is trying to protect her anyway broken heart. Good thing for her that Brodie is persistent!

I feel like they didn't talk to each other that much and got to know each other before caving into their attraction. But other than that I enjoyed this story a lot! I'm curious wha
Pamela
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In 'Knock Out', Brodie needs to focus on training for his upcoming match. Interfering with his regimen is working with Tabitha. He can't get her off his mind, and zeroes in on getting a date with her. Tabitha has self esteem issues due to a jerk from her past. She's very interested in Brodie, but needs help coming out of her shell.

I really loved this story. Its short, but nothing is missing from the plot. I liked both of the main characters, and adored little max. I look forward to reading the

• Tempted: An Enemies-to-Lovers Mafia Romance (Mafia Sinners Book 1)
  • Swept Away (Wildfire Lake, #3)
  • Custom Built (Fast & Fury #1)
  • Trick (The Kelly Brothers #1)
  • Crash (Clark Family, #3)
  • Watch Me (Phoenix, #1)
  • Good Neighbors (Sandy Heights #3)
  • Hands Off (Love in the Suburbs, #3)
  • Her Alien Rebel (Salvaged Hearts, #2)
  • Dream Maker
  • Evan (Blue Collar Hometown Hotties #7)
  • My Insatiable Sheikh: Hired Pregnancy and Bully Romance (The Instalove Series)
  • Captivated: A Sci-Fi Alien Abduction Romance (Mated on Nirryn Book 1)
  • Forgiving the Billionaire (Silicon Valley Billionaires #1)
  • The Bounty Hunter's Claim (Bond of the Skeldi #2)
  • The Perfect Match (The Perfect #1)
  • Hunter (Fairy Tale Bad Boys #1)
  • The Baby Contract (The Contract Series #2)
For readers seeking sexy romance short stories, filled with possessive men, curvy women, and a guaranteed happily ever after, Willow James delivers. So, if you want to escape with hot, steamy romance novels or novellas that deliver yummy vibes and oodles delight, Willow's work may be just what your psyche ordered.

Willow James loves reading books that help balance the hard things in life, bringing

News & Interviews