Start by marking “Teacher's Pet (Adult Education)” as Want to Read:
Teacher's Pet (Adult Education)

Teacher's Pet

(Adult Education)

As a kid who grew up in foster care, it comes as a shock to discover at age forty-two that I do have family. More specifically, recently deceased family — an aunt I never knew I had who left her fortune to her closest surviving relative.

That’s me.

It doesn’t take me long to put that money to good use.

I divorce the crap out of my cheating husband who’s always rubbed his aff
Published August 18th 2020 by Parkes Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Teacher's Pet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Teacher's Pet

Start your review of Teacher's Pet (Adult Education)
QuinnReads
Aug 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
While I prefer OMYW, this is a nice flip of that. In her early 40s, Hollis is rediscovering life after her doomed marriage. A young and accomplished poet, Rowan quickly sets his sights on her when she shows up for his class. Things get a little hot but mostly it's a sweet story about a shy woman coming into her own with a man that likes / loves her just as she is. I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book. ...more
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this hot, steamy, captivating book with exceptional characters in an erotic world that is so realistic it felt like I was on the journey with them. I recommend reading this book by an extraordinary author that knows how to captivate the attention of their readers
Tracey
Aug 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow I really enjoyed this second chance romance with an older heroine. Life can be tough but I definitely enjoyed this story plot unfolds and there was some great steamy love scenes. I really enjoyed this book.
Emily Pennington
Shelves: reviewed
Hollis Watson had always longed for family and a love she could depend on. But instead, she got something else, a letter from the attorney of an aunt she didn’t know she had saying that she’d died and left her estate to Hollis, her nearest relative. After verifying this was true, she immediately got rid of her disgusting, cheating ex-husband who had always told her she was too old, too ugly, too fat, and was lucky to have him. Getting her freedom felt so good, and she enrolled in a nighttime col ...more
lf
Aug 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sex, Love and Other Cataclysms

Teacher's Pet by Poppy Parked is the second book in the Adult Education series where each book is by a different author. This is the story of Hollis Watson and Rowan Keating.
Hollis is forty-two years old, has inherited a small fortune from a lost aunt, is newly divorced and single for the first time is over twenty years. She is not sure what to do with herself, as her ex was a real prize catch (major eye roll please) who has beat our poor h's self-esteem down. But w
Desert Lumens
Aug 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Raecharmed
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
After Hollis's divorce with some encouragement from a friend she started going after things she had always wanted to do. Starting with a poetry class. When she went into the class though she was a little put off when it was filled mostly with young girls made up to the nines. She was in the doorway when a man walked up and she talked to him about how weird it was in there and he told her it was nice to meet a normal woman for a change. What she didn't know was that he was her new teacher. Rowan ...more
Charmaine Nouwen
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Teacher's Pet by Poppy Parkes is a short,steamy and intriguing older woman/younger man romance story of Hollis and Rowan..Hollis is a divorce woman from her cheating ex husband,a kid who grew up in a foster home and no family and suddenly youve discovered that you have one and recently deceased family an aunt she never knew she had who left her fortune to her closest surviving relative. and thats her.after in a long time your on your own lonely didnt know what to do with your life.So she enroll ...more
Lauren
First things first; I like the cover of this book!
Teacher’s pet is a novella in the ‘’adult education’’ series. This story is short, fast paced and an enjoyable read. I read this book in one sitting and was satisfied throughout. I found the writing style easy to follow, the characters likeable and the storyline enjoyable. When Hollis inherits money from an aunt she never new about, she changes her life. She gets rid off her bad husband and starts the poetry class she wanted. What she doesn’t exp
Cheryl Svec
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing and powerful story of finding yourself and love. After years of marriage to a man who treated her badly, Hollis decides to make a change and do things she has always wanted to. Rowan, is a young teacher at the college, whose classes are filled with women looking for more than a education.

This was a beautiful written story, I loved how Hollis's character was able to grow and develop into a women her kids could be proud of. Rowan's character was a able to find someone and the love
JLH
Aug 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hollis is ready to grow into the idea of taking on the world. After divorcing her habitual cheating husband she is in the brink of something extraordinary. Only if she gets the nerve to sign up for the class. Hollis is a character that is in her earl forties and needs to grow in order to make it happen instead of having her crappy ex-husband’s words swirl in her head. This poetry class is the beginning. She meets a fellow student only to have him as the teacher. Yow-za. Rowan is a renowned poet ...more
Aliama
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! The way that Poppy drew me in with Hollis’ back story and how she was able to change her life for the better kept me turning the pages. Her friend was awesome and supportive and gave Hollis the nudge she needed to finally follow her dream. Rowan was kind and understanding and not deterred by the age gap between himself and Hollis. He was determined to get what he wanted by proving to Hollis ‘she was the one’. Enjoyed the epilogue and loved the fact that Hollis finally got her ...more
Annie
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I volunteered to read this ARC for an honest review. I enjoyed this quick story about Rowan and Hollis. She's a divorcee heading back to take a poetry class now that she's taken care of. Rowan is a poet and wishes he could find true love, not having woman throw themselves at him because is good work. When she runs into him in the first day, they both feel sparks. But since she's older she's afraid he won't feel the same. Great HEA.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am volunta
Sassy Angel
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a great story to Poppy Parkes. I couldn’t put it down. Hollis has not had any luck with marriage. After divorcing her cheating husband, she is finding out ago she is. She decides to take a poetry class at the local college. Rowan is a professor and a poet. He isn’t looking to teaching after seeing his class roster. That all changes when he runs into Hollis. She changes his outlook if the class. Will they find a second chance at love with each other?

I received a free copy of this book vi
adina willis
Aug 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hollis has recently gotten a divorce, got an inheritance, and started taking a poetry class at the local college. Rowan has written a poetry book about love and teaches poetry at the local college. Hollis runs into Rowan leaving the college class because the women were wearing very little clothes. As the semester goes on, Rowan's feelings for Hollis get deeper. This is a sweet older woman, younger man story. The romance builds over time.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am v
Steph (A Brunette and Her Books)
Hollis and Rowan will literally burn up your kindle with their hotness! He's a professor of poetry, she's his student. They didn't anticipate falling for each other, she's recently divorced and much older, but Rowan finds something in Hollis that he longs for. In the end, you get a happily ever after that will make you smile and trust that you should never stop dreaming for your happily ever after.

This was my first read by this author, but it won't be my last! Great addition to the Adult Educati
Sher
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What do you do when you get a gift from fate? Do you take it and run or do you continue as you've always been?
Hollis is starting her life over and set about learning new things. Rowan is getting ready for another semester teaching students who don't really want to learn.
These characters are written beautifully. After being in a rut, the question becomes will Hollis take a chance on herself?
This story gave me
De Anna Henley
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Preteen †rio.
Funny and romantic story. Rowan is a famous poet and college teacher. His students never actually want to learn about poetry. All they want is him. Until Hollis enters the class. Hollis is learning to live, again, After leaving her cheating husband. She’s worried that she love anyone now. Rowan knows she can. Can he prove it to her?

Debra Richardson
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a fast pace and well written steamy older woman younger man taboo romance. The story-line is engaging, consistent, and moves at a brisk pace with drama, amazing friends, humour, and steam. The characters are likeable, the attraction is instant, and the chemistry is intense and off the charts. A very enjoyable read!

Within The Pages Book Blog
Aug 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Adult Education Series certainly packs the heat and this novella brings it up a notch. Rowan runs into Hollis and immediately is enamored and wants her. In turn, Hollis never expects to become teacher’s pet. Of course their attraction is unacceptable and it becomes a will they or won’t they. Something was missing for me from this story and it didn’t feel all together. It was still enjoyable and I’m sure others will love it.
M. Mendes Bookstagram
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Short, Instalove Romance at its Finest. Rowan fell hard and fast for Hollis. Rowan was a professor and Hollis was his student. Their relationship was forbidden and then there was the issue of their ages. Hollis is 14 years older than Rowan. To find out what happened you will need to read Teacher’s Pet for yourself. The sex scene was steamy AF. Highly recommend. Hope you enjoy it as much as a I have.
Sarah Milnthorpe
Aug 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars this is a great story, it’s romantic, heartwarming and enjoyable. Rowan is a poetry teacher Hollis his student. What nice is this is the story of a slightly older heroine to hero book. Poppy has a way with words that keep you captivated till the end, I couldn’t put it down.

Melissa
Aug 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: booksprout
Holly is starting over after receiving an inheritance and divorcing her cheating ex-husband. Rowan is a poetry professor that's tired of students who don't care about the subject and only want him as a price.
It's a short read and maybe it's my mood but it wasn't that good.

Loralie
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I like when someone is going through something difficult and they come out on the other side and much better than before. Hollis decides to go for her dreams, and not only chases them, but finds a younger man in the process. I love that Rowan falls for Hollis, warts - to her - and all. This was short, sexy, sweet and has a great HEA.
Michelle
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hollis decided now that she's divorced and finally got her freedom back to enroll in a poetry class. Rowan is the twenty eight year old instructor and Hollis is a forty year old woman who he falls for. This is a fantastic story and I loved that Hollis is older than Rowan and that age didn't matter to him. The writing is great and the ending is perfect. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book. ...more
Stacey Escalera blog
Aug 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Poppy Parkes
Teacher's Pet (Adult Education)
I loved this book.
I love the main characters and how the story was told.
The story plot alone was so well written is so great that it makes you want to read this book and I was so happy that I was able to read this book and be able to see what happened to these people at the end .
I voluntarily read an advanced copy and this is my review
CJ
Aug 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
The author has given us an older woman/younger man who happen to meet when she registers for his class. Once they speak together, their lives will never be the same.

Michelle Vandal
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wowee!!

Amazing! Loved Hollis and Rowan’s story. I’m a big fan of the woman being a bit older. The writing was heartfelt. The emotions conveyed were spot on. This is likely a story I will read multiple times. Highly recommend!!
Sandy Johnson
Aug 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great addition to this series and a must read. I loved the story and the characters. I can not wait to read more in this seris.

Trixie
Aug 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am home. Simple words but they mean a lot and that is what they’ve found in eack other.

The teacher got his wish and so much more.

• Study Dates
  • Belle's Curves (Adult Education)
  • Rebel Teacher
  • Her Cowboy Hero (American Heroes #7)
  • Mountain Daddy (Mountain Men of Knotty Wood Ridge #2)
  • His Apple Sauce (The Secret Sauce #4)
  • Loveless
  • Principles of Love (Adult Education)
  • Here Lives a Corpse (Here Lies #1)
  • His Human Surrogate (Monsters Love Curvy Girls #2)
  • Sugar Rush (Just Desserts, #2)
  • Hot for the Ranger (Hot for Heroes, #8)
  • Alpha's Arms (Makes My Heart Race, #7)
  • Chiseled Chest (Makes My Heart Race #5)
  • Fierce (Wolf Ranch, #5)
  • Heart Bones
  • Her Dirty Teachers (Men at Work #2)
  • My Billionaire Fake Fiance: A Romantic Comedy
Poppy Parkes is the author of sweet and hot love stories, including the Love at First Sight series and The Wayward Brits series. Poppy writes, paints, and dreams in the mountains, where she raises her two sons. She is in love with luscious color, moon-gazing, and dancing wild. And coffee. And wine. And chocolate. You know how it is.

Visit www.poppyparkes.com for more sassy and scintillating tales.

Adult Education (6 books)
  • Belle's Curves (Adult Education)
  • Principles of Love (Adult Education)
  • Rebel Teacher
  • Pick-Up Playbook (Adult Education)
  • Study Dates