Start by marking “Quite” as Want to Read:

Quite

Funny, moving and truthful… Quite

Kindle Edition
Published October 1st 2020 by HQ

To ask other readers questions about Quite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quite

Start your review of Quite
Whispering Stories
Nov 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book Reviewed on www.whisperingstories.com

In presenter Claudia Winkleman’s first book she talks about life. From children to husbands, clothes to footwear, celebrities to Strictly, (sorry I’m not a fan), she covers all aspects that she has an opinion on.

The book is split into six sections, each beginning with the word ‘Quite’ and followed by:-
– Important (to me)
– Big
– True
– Inconvenient
– Bossy
– Opinionated (I know).

Within these six sections are different topics that Claudia felt passionate enoug
Rosie Pendrey
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely hilarious, light hearted and easy going. Exactly the kind of book needed this year. It’s not pretentious, it’s down to Earth and totally relatable. However I’m not quite prepared to agree with Claudia on only needing to own one blazer.

Don’t expect an autobiography because it was never marketed as such. It’s a book of all of the “quite x” things in life, with anecdotes and hypotheticals. Definitely not my usual kind of book at all but I love Claudia!
Kathryn
Dec 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bare with me here, but I think Claudia Winkleman is my soulmate
Amanda Bannister
Birthday present from my son 😊
Linda Harris
Jan 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
Flew through this . Not the kind of book I would read but enjoyed it . Very witty and she makes a lot of sense albeit put in a humour some way . I think this is the type of book you would pop in and out of more than read in a couple sittings . Was pleasantly Surprised there was a few references to art and how much it can affect us . I think so too . ☺️
Jennie
Nov 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Listened to this on audible and it was such a treat. Claudia is funny, heart warming and brilliant.
Katie Elliott
Feb 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
Really nicely written, a book that actually makes you laugh out loud. Some funny and relatable things. Probably aimed for slightly older women as quite a lot of references about having children. Can’t imagine someone would be a fan of this book if they didn’t like Claudia Winkleman (might be an obvious thing to say)!
Joy Finlayson
I expected it to be more of an autobiography rather than musings on life. It was entertaining, but I learnt no more about the author than I already knew.
Tahmina Begum
Dec 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this immensely, felt pure joy when reading it and even held it afterwards.
Karen
Dec 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quite isn’t a memoir, or autobiography but Claudia’s take on aspects of life in general – from dating and husbands, children, T-shirts, shoulders, egg and chips being the best meal on earth- she also talks about her love of black clothes (I’m with her on this) and bridge, and how an art teacher at school on a school visit to Venice introduced her to the power of art.

Written in a chatty, humorous way – there are 6 main headings – all preceded by ‘Quite’ – Important (to me); Big; True; Inconvenien
Helen
Feb 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Didn't think I could love Claudia Winkleman more, then I read this book.
Easiest five star I've given in a while.
She seems very down to earth, I love how she talks about her husband and children and life in general.
I imagine she would be a lovely friend to have around.
I will read anything else she chooses to write in future 👍
Jan 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I like Claudia on TV so I liked her book. Learned loads about her including her passion for art which was one of the many things I could relate to. I think she and I should be friends. A light-hearted, quick read. A good interlude between more thought-provoking books.
Ceremony
3.5 stars if this would be possible here
all in all a nice one but boy are we different on so many levels 😂😂😂😂
Chantal Smith
Jan 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
Very relatable as a woman in her 40's with kids. Claudia's book was refreshingly honest, clever and funny. A great quick easy enjoyable read that will leave you feeling positive and better about yourself. ...more
Donald
Dec 14, 2020 rated it liked it
I love Claudia, I've been a fan since Liquid News on BBC Choice back in the mists of digital tv's birth pangs, but I expected this to be a lot funnier than it was. Maybe it should be listened to in her voice on audio? That's not to say it's not funny, it is, but I expected to read this and be actual LOLing throughout. (There was one. Skiing. Hot cheese.) On Graham Norton her hatred of picnics was hilarious, in here it's just grumpily amusing.
There's a lot of good, solid, serious, advice here, w
Sandrine V
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a book! LOVED IT, Claudia Winkleman is hilarious, and this book will fill you with joy. I particularly enjoyed the chapters ‘A small lecture about art’ and ‘the tube’
Clare
Nov 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library, audiobook, 2020
Really enjoyed listening to Claudia's views on life! ...more
Janet
Nov 14, 2020 rated it liked it
This is not an autobiography but snippets of anecdotes and advice, some of it silly and some related to her own life. I listened to it and as it is read by her it is quite exhausting!!! This is not to be taken seriously. It is a fun read and I found the Strictly part good and some of it laugh out loud. Some of the chapters did not appeal to me but I do love Claudia .
Em_AW
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
3️⃣: endearing, wacky, light-hearted

I love this woman ! So funny and so wierd, this book is a welcome break from anything heavy or deeply self-reflective. Claudia Winkleman doesn't take herself too seriously, and neither should you. Easy
Emily
Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Informative, motivational, thought provoking, laugh-out-loud inducing and utterly utterly charming.
peppersocks
Reflections and lessons learned:
Claudia lives her life with an all consuming, random stumbling, but opinionated positive joy. Her self description as being a toddler is the element that we should all have - accepting and constant discovery of new experiences . “The countryside is bloody fantastic...” Personal corkers for me include Blackpool love (“One of a kind... it is pure magic!”), books and films with family love, friends overview and ladder of women description, and the balance of being a
Stephanie  Fox
Mar 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. And, despite knowing almost nothing about her before (except her iconic fringe), I now love Claudia winkleman. And not just because she dropped the C bomb with perfection. But because she's incredibly funny, insightful and interesting.

On some things I would have to agree to disagree (I love my UGG boots thank you very much) but on most, especially the topics of parenting, relationships and people who don't swear it was like she was speaking my language. There were many actual
Anthony
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Claudia Winkleman (2020) QUITE
London. HQ

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 out of 5 stars

The sleeve reads, "Claudia Winkleman’s warmth, humour, no-holds-barred attitude and smoky eye have made her the favourite broadcaster of millions and a much-loved household name. In this, her first ever book, Claudia invites us all into her world. She shares her observations on topics such as the importance of melted cheese, why black coats are vital, how it’s never okay to have sex with someone who has an opinion on your date outfit,
Cara
Jan 07, 2021 rated it liked it
I would actually give this a 3.5 if I could because I did genuinely laugh out loud at some points. I don’t even watch strictly but was intrigued to read after listening to an excerpt on the High Low podcast.

Claudia’s ‘Quite’ is refreshingly honest, hilarious, random and heartwarming at points. There’s a section dedicated to nurses and carers where I found myself tearing up.

Going to keep hold of this book, because in 10-20 years time when my friends or I might have children then this book will f
Lisa D
Oct 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: relationships
Life lessons

This is not an autobiography or an account of Claudia’s time on Strictly. It’s a stream of life lessons, from how to smudge your eye make up to when to leave your partner, from someone who is at a point in life where she knows what works for her and what doesn’t. It’s a light and entertaining book not to be taken too seriously. I’ve given it 4 stars because it’s no Hilary Mantel but I would still give it to a friend to cheer them up.
Emily Stow
Feb 13, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love Claudia Winkleman, so I knew I was going to enjoy this book!

The common theme is essentially, you do you, and do it FOR you. Which I think is something that a lot of people need to hear, and this book does so with hilarity and honesty.

I found this book highly relatable, and it puts it into perspective that even people in the public eye still go through the trials and tribulations of normal life.

Loved it!
Sally Campbell
Nov 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a great example of a writer really getting her own voice across.

It was a disorganised stream of consciousness, but in a good way. Like when you’re 3 glasses down in the pub with your best mate having a giggle. Also she swears like a trooper, which is one in the eye for the BBC autocue.

Just what I needed right now.
Mandy
Oct 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Listened to on Audible, and it was a pleasant addition to the car journey...some bits were a bit preachy, but all very typically "Claudia". If you like Claudia, which I do, you'll enjoy being a friend of hers for a short time. My new favourite word is "slumpy"! ...more
Jenny
Feb 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fabulous insight in to the mind of a unique, wonderfully normal and down to earth celebrity that is the quite brilliant Claudia Winkleman. This is not an autobiography that travels through Claudia’s life so far, but a far more honest and real journey in to Claudia’s mind and her many likes and dislikes. A wonderful book from a woman whose biggest loves of her life are her children. Perfect!
Meg Rushton
Dec 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun, hilarious; a romp!
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Please update book information 7 34 Oct 19, 2020 08:23AM

• Life In Pieces
  • Girl
  • The Habsburgs: To Rule the World
  • Be More Keanu
  • An Atlas of Extinct Countries
  • Deadly Origins (Detective Zoe Finch, #0.5)
  • Dirty Little Secrets
  • No Such Thing As Normal: What My Mental Illness Has Taught Me About Mental Wellness
  • More Than a Woman