Start by marking “Why Can’t We All Just Get Along: Shout Less. Listen More.” as Want to Read:
Why Can’t We All Just Get Along: Shout Less. Listen More.

Why Can’t We All Just Get Along: Shout Less. Listen More.

Kindle Edition
Published August 6th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Why Can’t We All Just Get Along, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Why Can’t We All Just Get Along

Start your review of Why Can’t We All Just Get Along: Shout Less. Listen More.
Jonathan
Jan 17, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let's get a few things straight from the outset. I fundamentally disagree with pretty much everything the author stands for. For me his party has caused more misery in this country than should have been allowed. I bought this book (I actually have the hardback edition) as a present for my mum. Due to COVID and the Tory party's handling thereof I haven't actually been able to give this present to her yet.

However, all of the above being said I do tend to agree with the title. I freely admit that
AnnaG
Aug 23, 2020 rated it liked it
This is an interesting memoir of Dale's history of campaigning and journalism and has some interesting chapters on general lack of trust in the media and how the political discourse could be improved. I wish it could have been a bit more polemic and a bit less memoir, but I suppose that does go somewhat against the message! ...more
Carolyn Lochhead
Nov 17, 2020 rated it liked it
I enjoyed much of this book but felt it didn’t quite hang together, and I discovered why when I read the epilogue. The title suggests it’s a guide to coming together, being less divided and learning to disagree more productively. Mostly, it’s not - it’s largely James O’Brien’s views on a range of topics, backed up by references to his phone-in show and other media appearances.

As it turns out, this is because he wanted to write a book about his most memorable moments, and his publishers wanted hi
Nicky Maunder
Sep 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a wide ranging commentary by Dale on a multitude of topics that have inflamed, and enraged and incensed society. And it’s these reactions that are at the core of his message; it’s ok that we disagree with one another, it’s how we behave and verbalise our disagreement (and online) that’s the harmful thing. These topics include mental health (including references to suicide - so reader beware), climate change, sexuality, racism, the NHS, death, politics - the list goes on and it’s fascinat ...more
jack singleton
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good honest read

Enjoyed this book . Easy to read , Ian Dale seems an honest and down to earth young man. He would be wasted as a politician. Now gonna research his other work and I'll tune into LBC later.
OK young man may have been the spellcheck playing up. Good luck 'Finn'
Anne Tanner
Jan 08, 2021 rated it liked it
Hmmm, this book was quite interesting. But not all of it related to its title. Iain Dale seems like a kind and empathetic man. He’s not a great writer though and his ideas are not original. This book was messy and could have benefited from tighter editing. It was OK.
Bookworm
Jul 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
Interesting insight of journalism!
Alexander, James Pickering
Mr. Dale's book was mostly enjoyable, especially the personal sections concerning his election campaign and career as a radio host. ...more
Katy
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A thought-provoking and enjoyable read, focusing on topical subjects.
John
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
An interesting read, part biographical and an insight as to what does on behind the scenes of political tv and radio that we don’t always consider.
Daniel Sewell
Oct 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Worth a read!

You understand that whilst our politics may have a different label we are more alike than we are different! Wish I had purchased the book and not the kindle version then I could have given it away to someone else to read!
Nicola Lynch
Oct 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I really enjoyed listening to this book. It's impartiality is refreshing, espcially on such sensitive and much debated topics. It makes the listener think about the way that people now react to sensitive topics in such an inflammatory way.

It would be much better if people actually listened and discussed properly, rather than the hate that is posted online constantly The book gives hope that one day we can move back to human decency towards eachother and learn to be more respectful in society on
Edie

• Airhead: The Imperfect Art of Making News
  • Politically Homeless
  • Why We Get the Wrong Politicians
  • Jews Don’t Count
  • Wake Up: Why the ‘liberal’ war on free speech is even more dangerous than Covid-19
  • Intimations
  • The Bookshop on the Shore (Scottish Bookshop, #2)
  • Digital Minimalism: Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World
  • The Prime Ministers: Reflections on Leadership from Wilson to May
  • My Life in Red and White
  • How Do We Know We're Doing It Right: & Other Essays on Modern Life
  • Grief is the Thing with Feathers
  • Beyond the Red Wall: Why Labour Lost, How the Conservatives Won and What Will Happen Next?
  • Rodham
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • What Does Jeremy Think? Jeremy Heywood and the Making of Modern Britain