Start by marking “When Thou Art Converted: Continuing Our Search for Happiness” as Want to Read:
When Thou Art Converted: Continuing Our Search for Happiness

When Thou Art Converted: Continuing Our Search for Happiness

"Being a Christian, being spiritually born of God, is not a Sunday-only thing," writes Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. "Nor is it limited to our service and asociations in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."

In When Thou Art Converted, Elder Ballard shows us that we manifest our belief in Christ and our acceptance of Him as our

Published October 1st 2001 by Deseret Book Co

To ask other readers questions about When Thou Art Converted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Thou Art Converted

Karina
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a really great book. Nothing too deep that would hurt my brain to read, but just great words and experiences, just an all around good book.
Keshia
Mar 28, 2018 added it
Shelves: unfinished
I'm just not spiritually ready for this book. This is about doing more, and I'm still working on the basics. didn't finish it.
Trevor Parker
This was a really good book. It is more of a reference book than a sit down and read cover to cover. M. Russell Ballard gives a series of talks (it feels like) on topics dealing with conversion to the Lord, ranging from prayer, service, to women and the priesthood, marriage, and the End of the World. He gently touches on these topics while focusing on the core of Faith in Jesus Christ and what that entails.

"One who lays claim to special privilege through the priesthood does not understand the na
Ruth Ann
Jun 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book speaks to me. I read it two years ago and started again to prepare for a lesson in RS. This book was written as an continuation of his book, "Our search for happiness," which was originally written for people who were investigating the gospel. This book gives me hope and help. You know how some books seem to be written for you...this one I relate to.
Tyler Cowart
Sep 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: church
I thought this was a good book. It wasn't the standard repeat and rephrasing of scriptural passages (though there was some of that). There was a lot of Elder Ballard's own voice in the writing which made it more enjoyable, easier to relate to and more moving/thought provoking. Glad I read it.
Cristy
Feb 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
Really liked some of Elder Ballards thoughts about "feasting" on the words of Christ, and how he said it's not just enough to read 1 verse a day. Needed that kick in the pants to get me going on really studying my scriptures again.
Ted Gambles
Oct 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: religion
A great book to remind each of us our commitment to live the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Chris Condie
Oct 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book. Very easy, fast read.
Zach Alleman
Jun 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
I got this book on my my mission. I loved it then, and I loved it during this second reading.
Tyler
Oct 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Great book. I love Elder Ballards stories.
David Robbins
Jun 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book!
Katie Bowen
Apr 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Great sense of humor!
Sheree
Mar 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book - wonderful stories! Charity, thanks for letting me borrow it! I really enjoyed it.
Nathan
Jun 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
What I enjoyed the most about this book were the stories Elder Ballard tells about teaching his children and grand-children.
Lexee Russell
Sep 11, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds-church-books
I always wondered why Peter was so determined to follow the Savior, but then denied him three times. This book gives great insights into that struggle, which a lot of us face.
Jason
Mar 20, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: churchy-stuff
Not as memorable as the first book, but still a good one.
Michael
Jul 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: religious
Great book on how to become converted.
Lisa Withers
Charity
May 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent book! It's for members of the church instead of his prior book Our search for happiness for people investigating the church.
Ammon
Dec 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
It was good! Not spectacular. It definitely described some doctrine that I'd been looking for, most of the rest was full of nice explanations and sweet stories.
Amie
Aug 26, 2014 marked it as to-read
DNF, reading other churchy non-fiction, so i'll come back to it later.
Mary Wescott
Jul 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
One of the best LDS books written.
Gretchen
Apr 20, 2008 rated it really liked it
what to do when you are converted--how does it change your life and the lives of those around you? I liked this book
Jackie
Dec 27, 2014 added it
Page 66- We must have personal, spiritual experiences to anchor us. These come through seeking them in the same intense, single-minded way that a hungry person seeks food.
Erika
Jun 20, 2007 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing!
Kasha
Jun 26, 2011
Mary L.
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you are feeling a need to learn more about your search for happiness and how to really achieve this goal this book is full of much needed advice in how to do it. I feel that I learned a lot about what I need to do and what I was doing right!
Cheryl
  • Because He First Loved Us
  • Christ and the New Covenant: The Messianic Message of the Book of Mormon
  • Lengthen Your Stride: The Presidency of Spencer W. Kimball
  • Be Thou An Example
  • The World and the Prophets (The Collected Works of Hugh Nibley, Volume 3)
  • Discourses of Brigham Young: Second President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
President M. Russell Ballard has served as a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter–day Saints since October 6, 1985. He was set apart as Acting President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles by President Russell M. Nelson on January 14, 2018.

He was born to Melvin R. and Geraldine Smith Ballard. He attended the University of Utah. He served as a counsel