Start by marking “Coal for Kiera” as Want to Read:
Coal for Kiera

Coal for Kiera

From award winning author E.M. Shue comes a modern take on a classic Christmas story.

Coal
Going back to the town I grew up in near Christmas wasn’t what I wanted to do. Santa Claus, Indiana celebrated the holiday year around but was worse at this time of the year. Only one reason could make me go back there and I hated him.

But the angel that served me had me thinking I coul
Kindle Edition
Expected publication: December 1st 2020

To ask other readers questions about Coal for Kiera, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coal for Kiera

Start your review of Coal for Kiera
Sissy Johnson
Kiera Joyner is a 18 year old girl living in the quaint town of Santa Claus, IL. All Keira wants to do is escape this little town life to study art in Chicago like her mother. However, Keira is plaqued by a dark past and is known as the town "freak" because of her father.

Coal Bridger is a parajumper with the Air Force that left town many years ago. Sadly, Coal's mother passed away before his 18th birthday and he has always blamed his father for her death. Now, Coal must return to the Santa Clau
Carolyn Spence
Nov 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Pixie, that's the name that Coal gives to the small young woman he sees on the street. He meets her again when she serves him his meal at a restaurant and he doesn't let go. It's an instant connection that he doesn't understand but it willing to act on it. Kiera is down on her luck and can't wait to get out the of the small town of Santa Clause, she's been bullied all her life and she lives in a shack outside of where her father lives as he hates her. Coal is dedicated to helping Kiera and also ...more
Cindi
Nov 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a cute little insta-love story that demonstrates the power words can have on a person’s mental health. The female character gives a glimpse of some of the struggles people who are bullied can go through. This story also drives home the fact that the wholehearted belief of just one person can make a majorly positive impact on a person, especially one who has been bullied often. I always enjoy E.M. Shue’s ability to tell a story and bring her characters to life. I recommend this very quick ...more
Nikki
Nov 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Coal is returning to his home town after having been gone for years. He is in the military and joined just as soon as he could. But now he is back, to close up his past and then to reup for another four years.

Kiera has been picked on her whole entire life. She has never felt love and has never felt cared for. She is determined to leave her small town life behind and go to school so that she may find where she is meant to be.

When Coal and Kiera meet, each find something in each other that they ha
J
Nov 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
A short, fast paced insta love romance. Christmas themed Shue provides a heartwarming romance with some steamy character chemistry. Kiara has had an abusive father and the whole town has mistreated her. Coal come back to town after years away to deal with his father's death. Kiara needs saving and Coal is just the man for the job?!?

This book was given to me for free at my request and I provided this voluntary review.
Ronda
Nov 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a quick heart felt read perfect for the holidays. E.M. Shue is an author I have read many times and adore her writing. This book is no exception. There are so many dynamics this book takes on for being a short read. Holidays are not always a joyous occasion. Bullying can take on many forms and happen from anyone. Things are not always as they seem. However, this book also shows us that love can conquer many, many things.
Amanda Rodriguez
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Coal for Keira is such a great story. The pure sorrow and bliss can be felt through the words of Keira. The heart break is so painful you feel like your heart is breaking in a million pieces. Coal is determined to make Keira see she is worth everything to him and more. Such an amazing story that will make you cry tears of sorrow and tears of joy.
Lauren Hutchinson
Nov 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this whole thing so much. I was captivated with this story straight away and I can't even be disappointed that I read this start to finish in one go. I couldn't get enough of these characters or their story. Although it is a short story it definetly packs everything you want into it and more. A perfect, heartfelt story.
Breyana Floyd
Nov 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was such a sweet story. I really loved my visit to Christmas Indy and makes me want to visit in person.
Amanda M
Nov 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Coal and Kiera's story is a fantastic read. Their connection is instant and their love knows no bounds. It's a captivating read that's heartfelt and full of emotion with a well written storyline.
Kaye
Teri Ruscak
Sep 21, 2020
Jacqueline Ellison
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kiera loves to paint and wants to own a studio someday so she can sell her paintings along with other artists. Her father hates her and writes "not at this address" on all her mail. Her mother died when she was one week old. He kicked her out when she turned eighteen but she sleeps in the shed on his property. Coal is a para-jumper in the Air Force stationed in Nevada. He hasn't returned to his hometown in eight years. His mother owned an art gallery Christmas with Eloise Art Studio that sold lo ...more
Kris Yarych
Amber Goodwin
Tammy -
Tiffany
Oct 10, 2020

• Before Noah (Daniels Family #3)
  • Some Kind of Monster (Friends with the Monsters #2)
  • Drag (The Driven World)
  • Desperate Lies (Lies #2)
  • Nick UnCaged (Sanctuary, #4)
  • Bad Situation (The Montgomerys #1)
  • Scars (The Killers #5)
  • Defending It All (The Punishment Pit, #5)
  • With Kol (Daniels Family Book 2)
  • Until Arsen (Daniels Family, #1)
  • Only for You (Crave #3)
  • Holden's Resurrection (Gemini Group #6)
  • Darkness Awakened: Reimagined (Order of the Blade #12)
  • Dog Tags
  • Protector Of Convenience
  • The Leopard's Witchy Mate (Magic and Mayhem Universe / The Mayhem Crew Book 1)
  • Protecting It All (The Punishment Pit, #6)
  • Breaking Away (Delta Force Strong #3)
Writer, wife and mother of three girls. This multi-published author likes her whiskey Irish, her chocolate dark and her hockey hard hitting. She’s an avid reader and you can find her Kindle packed full of all sub-genres of romance. When she isn’t writing action-adventure, suspense, and strong woman she’s spending time with her husband and three daughters.

She’s currently writing the hot and steamy

News & Interviews