Start by marking “Salta, Ranita, Salta (Jump, Frog, Jump) with CD” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Salta, Ranita, Salta (...

Robert Kalan

Salta, Ranita, Salta (Jump, Frog, Jump) with CD

"This is the turtle that slid into the pond and ate the snake that dropped from a branch and swallowed the fish that swam after the frog -- JUMP, FROG, JUMP!" This infectious cumulative tale will soon have the young frogs you know jumping and chanting with joy.

Paperback
Published October 30th 1996 by Live Oak Media (first published October 29th 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Salta, Ranita, Salta (Jump, Frog, Jump) with CD, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Salta, Ranita, Salta (Jump, Frog, Jump) with CD

Start your review of Salta, Ranita, Salta (Jump, Frog, Jump) with CD
Ronyell
Frog

“Jump, Frog, Jump” is a lyrical children’s book written by Robert Kalan along with illustrations by Byron Barton and it is about how a small frog tries to avoid all the dangerous animals who all want it for their dinner. The food chain theme may be a bit too upsetting for smaller children to handle, but older children would most definitely enjoy this lyrical book about the food chain and a smart frog.

Robert Kalan’s writing is highly creative and lyrical as he writes the explanation of the food
jacky
Aug 10, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: toddlers - preschool
This was read at story time today as part of the summer reading theme Make a Splash with Reading. The book itself was okay. What I liked is how our librarian asked the listeners to say Jump, Frog, Jump along with the book. That also allowed me to jump Natalie up while we listened, much like Pop Goes the Weasel.
Rebecca Alvarez
May 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jump, Frog, Jump! is a great read for any children's age. It tells the story of a very smart frog who seems to escape being eaten by bigger animals. The frog jumps his way to safety multiple time but what will happen when it is humans that are after him instead of other animals? Throughout the story the author uses repetition in the text and the illustrations are bright and colorful.

This children's literature book would be considered great quality. According to Children's Literature Briefly 7th
Villain E
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
A fun and simple book to get kids to interact. "How did the frog get away? Jump, frog, jump!
Dolly
Jan 15, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, 2011
Fun cumulative tale about creatures in a pond. It has bright, bold illustrations and a simple, building narrative that is fun to read aloud. We enjoyed reading along with this book as it was narrated on CD. I recognized the illustrator's name as we have a french book by him, Aéroport. ...more
Jackie
Frog uses his one sure defense against being caught in this cumulative tale. When frog tries to catch a fly, without being caught himself, the story asks, "how does the frog get away?"...Jump, Frog, Jump

Used for "Frog Fever" Storytime-May, 2010.
Shaeley Santiago
Dec 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s, bilingual
Pattern book that would be good for a read aloud involving children.
Kirsty Cabot
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First read to Ivy 22/05/16
Richie Partington
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ps, picturebooks
Richie’s Picks: JUMP, FROG, JUMP! by Robert Kalen and Byron Barton, ill., Greenwillow, 1981, 32p., ISBN: 978-0-688-13954-4

“That’s a sure sign baby there’s a bullfrog on your mind.”
-- John Sebastian (1971)

“This is the snake that dropped from a branch
and swallowed the fish
that swam after the frog
that was under the fly that climbed out of the water.
How did the frog get away?
Jump, frog, jump!”

Greenwillow Books was a picture book powerhouse in the 1980s, publishing many great titles that won awards a
Mama Bibliosoph
Jump, Frog, Jump! has one of my favorite structures: the cumulative poem (sometimes called a chaining story). Every page adds a line to the poem and the entire poem is recalled and built upon. These stories are fabulous for exercising a child's working memory skills. The most famous cumulative rhymes are "The House That Jack Built" and "Who Killed Cock Robin."

This story also, brilliantly, adds a repeating call and response element. As various predators and other enemies threaten the frog, the po
Ali Book&Seaglasshunter
Frog has lots of reasons to jump! From the preparatory lurking nearby on each page, to having to catch his own dinner! This cumulative story will have children calling out “Jump, frog, jump!” And makes an enjoyable read aloud for toddlers and preschoolers-as long as they can stand animals eating each other, because it does happen twice (not in any graphic way). I personally think kids should be introduced to that concept early anyways, predators are important and are not “mean”. The illustration ...more
Mary
Read-Aloud Revival Recommendation for June Picture Books. This is a cumulative tale (along the lines of THE HOUSE THAT JACK BUILT). Even though these kinds of tales can become tedious for the reader (at least, in my experience), they seem to really help kids with comprehension, understanding and prose or flow of a story. And my kids like these tales. Cute. Worked for us.
Cumulative tale that allows readers to get involved saying "Jump, Frog, Jump!" as the frog escapes one peril after another. For enthusiastic kids, this would be a great read aloud, if the kids don't get into it, this one will fall flat. For babies, caregivers could lift them up on each "Jump" or toddlers could jump themselves on each jump.
Arika
Jump, Frog, Jump starts off slow and easy to read. As the story goes on it can become a tongue twister! This is great for working with phonics and reading speed. At the end of each page is a question where you can ask the students what they think will happen next or how they think something happened. This would be a great interactive book.
Melanie
An omnipotent narrator tells readers the story of a frog in a garden. Throughout the book there are different dangers that the frog might encounter if he doesn't "jump, Frog, jump!"

Children will love shouting the repeated catchphrase.
Suhad Albaat
This book was a very easy book for kids to read. Jump, Frog, Jump was mentioned a lot in this book because the frog was trying to get away from all the things that we're trying to capture him, and the only way to escape was by jumping.
Kennedy Johnson
This would be a great book when teaching children sight words. It will also be a good book to read to children when teaching them about jumping. The pictures are ok but the children will enjoy the stroy if read correctly.
Sadina Shawver
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
Jump, Frog, Jump! is a good standby for fun, interactive books to be read at a Storytime with a more wiggly crowd. It's predictive and allows us to get out some silly energy so that we can move onto other parts of the lesson plans. I keep this book on hand just in case.
Kaiden
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED this book. Every time I read "Jump Frog Jump" My son would giggle so loud. It was the best sound ever. He enjoyed this book a lot! <3
J
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good one. It's really easy to make it interactive. All the groups I read it to enjoyed it.
Ellon
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I used this for my CALS kids because it was simple and easy to follow but the actual story is just kind of meh for me.
Cheryl Baker
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A classic!!! Children love this as a read-aloud during storytime!
Tabitha Vanover
This book teaches order. You can use this book to have children list the order of the animals that the frog had to escape from.
Katelynne
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a classic call and response book with simple, bright images. Kids will get a kick out of saying, “jump, frog, jump!”
Heidi
This rating based on reactions from my students. They love shouting out, "Jump, frog, jump" accompanied with squeals of laughter.
Amanda
Apr 05, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: baby-books
These are not my favorite kinds of books. I read it with my son and he wasn’t very enthusiastic about it.
Jordan Ledford
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: repetition
Good movement book. Illustrations are boring and bland. This book has repetition and would be good for story retelling.
Paola Nunez
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ecce2115-books, frog
This book has amazing illustrations. It is a fun cumulative tale to read to the children. I would definitely read this book in my classroom.
MJ
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Cute idea but silly drawings.
Liz
Jun 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
My little guy, age 4, loved helping me read this book. Through the simple repetitions, he knew when to say, “Jump, frog, jump!”
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »