Start by marking “The Journalist” as Want to Read:
The Journalist

The Journalist

Kindle Edition
Published July 23rd 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Journalist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Journalist

Start your review of The Journalist
Literary Redhead
Fab cover? Check.

Short and sweet? 130 pages plus change.

Cool character with cool name? Oh yeah. Female journalist named Favor. I dig.

Tense? Yes and yes. Favor investigates mirrored murders on the East and West coasts, plus some foul investment fraud as murky as a Hitchcock flick.

One wild ride? “Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!”

4 of 5 Stars

Pub Date 14 Aug 2020
#TheJournalist #NetGalley

Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for an ARC in exchange for my honest review.
Linda Strong
Jan 11, 2021 rated it it was ok
Investigative Reporter Favor Bosworth is looking at a woman lying on the ground with a knife stuck in her chest. The police can't give her much information, but her investigation turns up a similar murder in Las Vegas.

After speaking to her friend, who is a private investigator, they join forces to see what they can find. The only link they discover is that both women attended the same college, along with Dan Brock, a man who knew the women and disliked them for one reason or another. Brock has s
Cath
Jan 29, 2021 rated it it was ok
The main character, Favor Bosworth, is a reporter for the Baltimore Sun Newspaper and has been given a new story to investigate the murder of a young woman in Maryland. Her career may have been driven by an incident that occurred to her when she was sixteen. After she writes her story, one of her fellow cheerleaders and friends from high school Lauren, rings her and tells her of a very similar murder that has occurred where she is in Las Vegas. The two murders seem to have occurred in totally se ...more
Tony Parsons
Dec 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
November, Baltimore, MD. Towson HS. 5 cheerleaders were practicing their cheers to music.
Cedar Ave. 1 cheerleader got separated from the others & a blue van pulled up along side of her.
Terrace Dale St. 2 guys jumped out & threw her in the van.
They took her to a wooded area at the Loch Raven Dam.
An older couple who spied the body called 911, the EMT’s took her to Good Samaritan Hospital (Loch Raven Blvd).
She (16, cheerleader) was administered a sexual assault forensic exam & interviewed by a po
Janet
Jan 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
Date reviewed/posted: January 13, 2021
Publication date: out - August 14, 2020

When life for the entire galaxy and planet has turned on its end, you are continuing to #maskup and #lockdown to be in #COVID19 #socialisolation as the #secondwave is upon us, AND the worst sciatica attack in your life means you MIGHT sleep 3 hours a night, superspeed readers like me can read 250+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today.

I requested and received a temporary digital Advance Reader C
Dianna
Jan 31, 2021 rated it it was ok
Thank you R. N. Crane for the opportunity to read and review your book, The Journalist. While I realize it is difficult to write in a way that appeals to the majority, it is clear that much effort went into your attempt. Unfortunately, for me, it just didn't make the grade. I very seldom rate a book fewer than three stars, but couldn't find that third one for The Journalist.

I liked the investigative journalist, Favor. I believe she has potential to grow into a fully fleshed-out, quick-thinking c
C Joy
Thanks to Booksprout for providing me a copy.

This is the first book I've read from this author and I picked up a copy because I was intrigued by the title. Though I'm not a practicing journalist, I majored in Journalism. It still has a soft spot in my heart.

The writing felt bland and the only vivid details the author could give are directions to some places. There were a lot of unnecessary characters and some dialogue just doesn't feel right. For example, Favor received threatening clues twice a
Captainmorgan09
This book is about a reporter, Favor who is tasked with helping undercover truths about two murders.

Overall, I enjoyed this read. It was fast and entertaining, with a good storyline.

Parts of the story and the writing were so clear and descriptive and I really enjoyed that. Other parts of the writing felt jerky and quickly written.

Overall, I enjoyed this read. I would reccomend.

Many thanks to the author, the publisher and NetGalley for a digital copy of this book. I read and reviewed this vol
Richard Vaughn
Sep 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very good, fast paced read. Example of time and place romantic crime story, with feisty heroine and mysterious people helping or hurting her quest. Will please fans of flash fiction noir.

Reads like hyper text, cross country search for a serial killer with false leads and elusive connections between the victims.
Cheryl Simmons
Dec 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Amazing book. I would love to read more from this author.
Sam
Dec 30, 2020
Destiny Brown
Jan 10, 2021
R.N. Crane
Aug 02, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Rena
added it
Jan 14, 2021

• The Things We Don't Say
  • The Last Green Valley
  • Untamed Dragon (The Feisty Dragons #1)
  • Holly
  • Naughty Dragon: A Dragon Shifter Romance (The Feisty Dragons Book 2)
  • Courting a Witch (Grimalkin Academy: Catacombs, #4)
  • Jotnar Snare (Sellswords & Spellweavers Book 4)
  • Band of Sisters
  • The Decorating Club: A story about neighbors helping neighbors
  • Untold Tales: Books 1-3 (Untold Tales, #1-3)
  • Untold Tales: Books 4-6 (Untold Tales, #4-6)
  • The Trip of a Lifetime (Caribbean Series Book 6)
  • Company Assassin (Relic Trilogy #1)
  • The Trip of a Lifetime (Caribbean Series Book 5)
  • Hidden Mage (Dragon Enchanted Book 1)
  • Beautiful Villain
  • The Fae Queen of Winter: The Complete Series (The Fae Queen of Winter, #1-3)

R.N. Crane lives in Orange, California. He is a retired engineering consultant writing romantic suspense and detective crime novels. “The Journalist” is his newest novel.
He is a member of Orange County Writers, Romance Writers of America., and Mystery Writers of America

News & Interviews