Start by marking “Log Fires & Toffee Apple Cake at the Little Duck Pond Cafe: (Little Duck Pond Cafe, Book 12)” as Want to Read:

Get set for a wonderful celebration of autumn with all your favourite characters at the Little Duck Pond Cafe!

An autumn fair is coming to Sunnybrook, much to the delight of the villagers. But for Madison, whose personal life seems to be spinning out of control, a roller-coaster is the last thing she needs – especially when it’s her emotions at stake.

Can she convince the de
Published August 31st 2020

Be the first to ask a question about Log Fires & Toffee Apple Cake at the Little Duck Pond Cafe

Start your review of Log Fires & Toffee Apple Cake at the Little Duck Pond Cafe: (Little Duck Pond Cafe, Book 12)
Berit☀️✨
Delightful and delectable. Charming and sweet. This is the 12th book in Rosie greens lovely Little Duck Pond Café series and this time we get Madison‘s Story. When we first met Madison she was such a self-centered bossy so-and-so. But I knew there was more to her then she was letting on. As the series progressed I really grew to like Madison and was really wanting her to find her own HEA. I thought she had completely blown it a few books back, but in this story we see if Jack will give her a se ...more
ItaPixie
Sep 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

I was so lucky to read this book when outside finally felt like Autumn because it made this experience even more spectacular.

I really like how Rosie Green's writing seems so effortless to read but it always convey a deeper meaning.

Madison realized how much she loved Jack only when they were no longer together, but she doesn't give up so easily and she tries to covince him to give their relationship another chance because she is changed and she assures him she won't repeat the same mistakes twic

Sep 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Madison is a character that has taken me a while to warm to over this series. I really didn’t like her that much when we first met her but with each book since then she has grown on me. More so the previous book. Having just finished this one, I think I actually might love her character now.

If you are a fan of the series then you will be no stranger to Madison and how rude and self obsessed she was but she has mellowed out a lot and I think in this story I really got to finally understand why ha
Zoé-lee O'farrell
Sep 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020
We are back with the girls and this time the focus is all on Madison. I will admit, I quite like Madison, she gets a hard time from the girls which I don’t always feel is fair and plus she has her own dramas to sort out with her family. She isn’t a character you necessarily warm to instantly but if the last couple of books are anything to go by she’s definitely on the right path.

I actually find Maddy quite refreshing. She just says things, in her way, and although they are brutally the truth at
Jane Hunt
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Although I've only read a few of the books in this series, it's like coming home, and over Christmas, I plan to catch up on those I've missed. This story focuses on Madison, and for those who don't know her, there is enough backstory to let you enjoy this book.

This is a story of self-realisation for Madison as she tries to repair her relationship with Jack and find out who her father is. As she works towards these goals, she mellows and realises the importance of family, friendships and love.

The
Sharon
This is book #12 in the Little Duck Pond Café series. It can easily be read as a standalone book, but I would recommend reading the series in order for the characters backstories! I can’t believe we are up to #12 in the series, yet it only felt like yesterday when I was right back at the beginning making my first visit to the little village of Sunnybrook. The beauty of these books are they are fairly short, easy to read and are absolutely perfect for passing a few hours on a lazy afternoon!

We ar
Karen Andrew
Sep 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Review to follow
Kel
Sep 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am loving reading about the wonderful ladies who run the Little Duck Pond Cafe and on this visit we got to spend more time with Maddy. She is a complicated member of the group who we get to observe and see how life is unravelling from her perspective as well as that of her friends.

I wasn't sure on whether I liked Maddy's character as I read as she lost her temper quickly and came across as selfish, however the more time I spent with her the more I could see how lost she was becoming and how th
Amanda
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have been a fan of Rosie’s work for a little while now and I especially love ‘The Little Duck Pond Café’ series. I haven’t quite caught up with the full series but I keep pace with Rosie’s new series instalments and when I have a spare day or so, I read one of the earlier episodes. ‘Log Fires & Toffee Apple Cake At The Little Duck Pond Café’ is the twelfth book in the series and it was released on 31st August 2020. It is another amazing read, which I thoroughly enjoyed but more about that in a ...more
Rachel Gilbey
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
How on earth are we on book 12 of this fabulous series already, and each book continually feels different and fresh, which must take a real skill from Rosie Green.

This time we have Madison as the main character, and it's about time we get to know her better. At the centre of this we have her wondering if she will ever get back together with Jack, having finally realised she needs to treat him better. And there is also the discovery of just who her dad is.

Which leads to amongst other things are
Adele
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
I have loved everything about the Little Duck Pond Cafe series and I’m hoping author, Rosie Green, will keep on writing lots of new stories for us. Can you get bored of a series, no I don’t think you can especially when it’s written with realistic characters, with heart, with humour and the setting is perfect with lots and lots of cake?!

This instalment focuses of Maddy’s story, Maddy is a complicated character and she is her own worst enemy. She loves dearly but doesn’t trust her own feelings an
Karen Mace
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 12th novella in the series… and I never want it to end!!! I have adored every part of this series, and this is one is no exception! It’s like catching up with old friends and this time there’s an awful lot going on to remind us that reconnecting with the past doesn’t always go as smoothly as we hope!

The story centres mainly around Madison and the dilemma she finds herself facing. She’s at a crossroads in her life wanting to move forward, but there’s unresolved issues from the past th
Grace J Reviewerlady
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another fabulous addition to this wonderful series - and another cracking cover!

As the seasons change from summer to autumn, Madison finds herself still estranged from Jack and she knows that she wants them to rekindle their romance; but she also knows it takes two to tango - so how does Jack feel about it? She is also determined to find out why her father's name is missing from her birth certificate, but extracting the information from her mother won't be easy, and the expected arrival in Sunny
Donna Maguire

I love this author’s books and I was thrilled to see that she had a new release!

I thought that this book was lovely, it was well written, the characterisation was brilliant and I loved being able to catch up with some of my favourite characters. The setting for the books is wonderful and I love being able to visit them as I turn the pages and it is the perfect escape for me.

This story features on Madison and we get to know more about her, she has been one
Pam Robertson
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a warm and welcoming novella to escape into for Autumn. All the familiar characters are there, but one or two have a few challenges to overcome and a few surprises to deal with. We learn more about Madison in this story and get to meet her parents and twin sisters. You realise how important family is to her but also why she has been a little spiky and abrupt at times in past stories. She has discovered quite a secret which has shaken her world and in this book, we get to see how she works t ...more
Els
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
For a lot of people it’s back to school as I am writing this. Some with happy faces, some with sad ones. For me though it was back to Sunnybrook and I was very pleased about that. So big happy face here. 🙂

The author has told us the stories about several of the main characters already and this time we focus on Maddy. Fans of the series know how she is. She wears her heart on her sleeve and though this is not (always) a bad thing, she sometimes hurts people this way. On the other hand, you know wh
Between The Pages Book Club (Gemma M)
 I bloody love this series. In this story we get a look into Maddys hectic life. A roller coaster of a read plenty of ups and plenty of downs. Bound to keep us reading and seeing what turns out good and what doesn’t. As usual loved the village, characters and setting. Perfect!
A cosy autumn read to curl up with. Really enjoyed it. A short one under 200 pages but well worth it! This series is expanding and I never want it to end. Brilliantly written. Parts had me laughing, parts had me tearing up.
Bookshortie
Sep 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
From the first page when I was introduced to Madison (Maddy) and her fiends I knew this was going to be a book I enjoyed. It was so easy to see from the beginning how close they all are. Madison has been dumped by Jack and he’s recently made an appearance back into her life. Is there any hope that they get back together? She’s finally approached the subject of who her father is and this is a discovery that’ll completely change her life and have an impact on her relationships with friends and fam ...more
Julie
Oct 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
There are a plethora of summer reads and Christmas books but this one nicely fits the bill as we head into Autumn. Full of beautiful Autumn colour this story is Madison's, as she searches for a connection with her birth father. You can taste the toffee apple cake and feel the heat of the log fire as you read the latest in the series. It really does shed light on why Madison is the way she is. There are plenty of surprises along the way too in this fun, easy-to-read series.
G. McGavin
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great read

I love this series of books and it was great how the story centred round Maddy but all the other characters had their story as well. It a lovely feel good story and I couldn't put the book down. I can't wait for the next in the series.
Kirsty Farmer
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lyndsay
Oct 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
loving this series
Pat Langhelt
Sep 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Nice to follow Maddie's life and to see where her journey goes, she matures as the story unfolds x
Sharon Williams
Sep 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Review to follow
Joan
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
enjoyed this book
Wendy Robey
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another lovely visit to The Little Duck Pond Cafe - this time with Madison.
Jenn Webley
Sep 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It’s book twelve of this fantastic series from the lovely Rosie Green, I can’t believe it. I adore this series – I say it every time and I mean it wholeheartedly. Each time I finish one book I am already eagerly awaiting the next.
The characters are now firm favourites, each brings something different; their quirks and personalities are contrasting but overall, that is what makes it all work so well.
This book focuses on Madison, who has probably caused more tension and ill feeling than most. Sh
claire stone
Sep 02, 2020
Caroline M Jones
Sep 04, 2020
catherine mitchell
Sep 07, 2020

• The Hashtag Life of Isobel Irving (Book 1: #Holidays) : A hilarious romantic comedy
  • Autumn Skies Over Ruby Falls
  • New Hope for the Little Cornish Farmhouse
  • Christmas at Aunt Elsie's: a delightfully festive, feel-good romance and the perfect Christmas treat.
  • Summer at my Sister's: A delightfully uplifting and heart-warming, summer romance
  • The Little Village On The Hill (Book 2: Love Is In The Air): A laugh-out-loud romantic comedy
  • Summer Weddings at Pretty Beach: An utterly delightful, cosy, feel good romantic comedy book - the perfect Summer beach read.
  • New Beginnings at the Cosy Castle on the Loch (Book 6): A sweet, heart-warming romance set in the beautiful Scottish Highlands
  • Winter at Pretty Beach : A heartwarming, deliciously romantic feel-good Christmas story of life by the sea. (Pretty Beach 3)
  • A Party at the Cosy Castle on the Loch (Book 5): a heart-warming romance set in the beautiful Scottish Highlands
  • The Village Shop for Lonely Hearts (Riverside Lane, #1)
  • The Boat House Pretty Beach: A cosy, feel-good, uplifting romantic read to escape with this summer - life, love, friendships and a new start in an old house by the sea.
  • A Wedding at the Cosy Castle on the Loch (Book 4): A sweet, uplifting romantic comedy set in the beautiful Scottish Highlands
  • Wedding Bells in Merriment Bay
  • Secrets at the Loch (Loch Lannick Book 5)
  • Finding Love at Hedgehog Hollow
  • Sunshine Over Bluebell Cliff: A wonderfully uplifting read for summer 2020
  • A Wedding at Wynter House (Wyntersleap series Book 3)

News & Interviews

“Ingredients for the cake: 225g self-raising flour 1 level tsp baking powder 225g caster sugar 2 large eggs Half tsp almond extract 150g butter, melted 250g cooking apples, peeled and cored 25g flaked almonds Handful of demerara sugar Ingredients for the toffee sauce: 100g unsalted butter, cut into chunks 150g soft dark brown sugar 150ml double cream Method: 1. Pre-heat the oven to 160C/fan 140/gas 3 and lightly grease a deep 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin. 2. Measure the flour, baking powder, sugar, eggs, almond extract and melted butter into a bowl. Mix well until combined and then continue beating for another minute. The end result should be a thick batter. 3. Spread half the mixture in the prepared tin. Thickly slice the apples and lay on top of the mixture in the tin, piling mostly towards the centre. Roughly spoon the remaining mixture over the apples (don’t worry if the apples move around a bit). 4. Sprinkle with the flaked almonds and then scatter with demerara sugar to create a crunchy textured surface. Bake for 75–90 mins until golden and coming away from the sides of the tin. 5. To make the toffee sauce, melt together the butter, sugar and cream in a saucepan over a low heat. Bring to the boil and let it bubble for 3-4 minutes, or until the sauce is thick enough o coat the back of a wooden spoon. Drizzle the toffee sauce over a slice of the warm cake and enjoy!” 0 likes
“bourguinon” 0 likes