Start by marking “Parasite? The Secret Diary of a Landlord” as Want to Read:
Parasite? The Secret Diary of a Landlord

Parasite? The Secret Diary of a Landlord

Get ready to learn what really happens behind closed doors.

Landlords have become one of the most hated groups in society. Parasites, they’re often called. And there’s a lot of them. The Treasury estimates there are almost 2.6 million landlords in the UK with around 5.45 million rental properties.

But the real life of a professional landlord is very different to what most pe
Published October 15th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Parasite? The Secret Diary of a Landlord, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Parasite? The Secret Diary of a Landlord

Start your review of Parasite? The Secret Diary of a Landlord
Karen
Oct 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Having experience of renting a property (to very good tenants!) I was extremely interested to read about someone else’s point of view. There have been plenty of TV programmes and publicity about rogue landlords – I was interested to hear about the other side. The landlord who follows the law, does the right thing and still gets a raw deal.

The Secret Landlord, or ‘SL’ as they are known throughout the book discloses at the beginning that they never planned to be a landlord but rather fell into it
Jessica Bronder
Oct 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Typically when I think of landlord I think of those that I have had to deal with in the past. Most are good but some should be squashed like the bugs they are. But that is the view of the tenant, what does the landlord actually go through? When I saw this book for review I was curious to find out what the other side looks like.

This book is written in a diary format with tenants referred to ask colors for fear of law suit. It starts out simple enough, the author thought being a landlord would be
Abbi
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a great book written in the style of diary entries. The author give us an honest account of what it’s like to be a landlord. It offers realistic insights and documents the highs and lows of the job.

I did genuinely feel sorry for the landlord by the end of the read.

What I liked:
Oct 04, 2020

• The Rue Stone
  • The Summer of Madness
  • Christmas Reunion in Paris
  • The Academy (The Academy Saga, #1)
  • Love in the City
  • The Other Woman: An unforgettable page-turner of love, marriage and lies
  • White Tears/Brown Scars: How White Feminism Betrays Women of Color
  • The Death of the Sentence
  • Diary of a Prison Officer: A gripping novel about friendship, discrimination and Black British identity in a women's prison
  • The Stolen Sisters
  • Svik
  • You Make It Feel Like Christmas
  • The Bone Weaver's Orchard
  • An Unusual Boy
  • Boomerville at Ballymegille
  • Inside Voices
  • Sirens of Los Angeles : Blood Web Chronicles -The Novella
  • Vampires of Moscow (Blood Web Chronicles, #1)

News & Interviews