Start by marking “The Coffeehouse Gospel: Sharing Your Faith Through Everday Conversation” as Want to Read:
The Coffeehouse Gospel: Sharing Your Faith Through Everday Conversation

The Coffeehouse Gospel: Sharing Your Faith Through Everday Conversation

Written for anyone who's ever struggled to share their faith with others, The Coffeehouse Gospel shows Christians how to evangelize effectively by sharing their personal stories of how God has impacted their lives. It includes questions and journal sections to help readers articulate their own spiritual experiences and show them how to be ready to defend and express their ...more
Published September 7th 2004 by Relevant Books

To ask other readers questions about The Coffeehouse Gospel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Coffeehouse Gospel

Start your review of The Coffeehouse Gospel: Sharing Your Faith Through Everday Conversation
Alan
Apr 21, 2012 rated it liked it
This book is ok. Has some good tips for "being ready to give a defense for the faith that is in you," and shows many examples of how it is done as a natural outgrowth of concern for others and relationship. The most important lesson is listening.

The shortcomings ... The author seems somewhat ... unprepared to write this book? Examples include using the wrong word from time to time, like "inquisitive" when he means "intrigued." In the Apostle's Creed he thinks the word "catholic" refers to a chur
Ben Zajdel
I've been searching for a way to share my faith and relate to people without sounding obnoxious. I don't want to try to convert people or get them to say a "sinner's prayer." I just want to tell people about Jesus, and let them do what they will with him.

So I picked up this book, because it seemed to expound on everything I was thinking, and there's nothing like finding a book that validates your way of life. Challenging your mind is overrated.

I've read Turner's work before, and all of it is w
Adam Parker
Mar 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: christianity
I was looking for a book on sharing the faith in a practical and loving way when I stumbled across this book on my bookshelf. It had been given to me when I graduated from high school back in Indiana (2005) but I had never taken the time to read it. I took it to work with me and picked it up on breaks to read a chapter here and there. I discovered, rather quickly, that the author was in some way involved with the church right down the street from where I work in Nashville TN! Small world! Anyway ...more
Jonathan Wylie
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was ok
Turner did a good job of encouraging conversation and relationships. He shared several stories about how talks and builds relationships with people. The second to last chapter lays out what he believes to be the core of the gospel. This was probably the most helpful chapter in the entire book. I was looking for a little more detail. The basic premise that we are called to the small, mundane things in life is absolutely true which made this book worth it in the end to read. But I was looking for ...more
Victoria
Mar 10, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-ve-read
Sadly I didn't really learn anything, but it really made me feel happy to know that I can do better, so I suppose thi book motivated me a little more. I think that everyone is on a different level of how they witness and I know I have a lot to work on. I recommend this book to people who perhaps are interested in sharing their faith and don't really know how to start or what they can learn in order to better reach out to those in every day life!
Laura Musfeldt
Jan 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This book is great guys! It talks about how important it is to be prepared our faith at any time. I learned how I need to be more open-minded to the devine appointments that God has for me. I highly suggest it, it's a quick and easy read. And to add to that, it is a great conversation starter in itself!
Adrian
Jul 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Pretty standalone book that describes practical ways to engage in conversation about spiritual matters. There are certain points about his approach to conversation that I wouldn't use like giving the Romans Road to Salvation, but overall a good start to learning how to approach Jesus in a typical everyday conversation with a stranger.
EJ
Jun 22, 2007 rated it did not like it
This book took me no less then 2 days to read. I was dissapinted with its sheltered view of the world. The "technique" or styles seemed elementary to me.
What redeemed this book was the end when he empathized on relationships not pounding other people over the head with the gospel. Actions speak louder then words....
Jen
Apr 04, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Jen by: Adam Mayfield
This is such an incredible book! I really like the author's sense of humor and conversational style. I love his stories and how relatable they are. This is great to read on your own or in a small group setting. Great action steps. I've read it twice now, and will probably continue to read it every few months or so until I've got it memorized!
Josh Shepherd
Apr 10, 2013 rated it did not like it
This book brings forth cooler ways to close the sale instead of questioning the transactional nature of some contemporary evangelism in the first place. I winced when he tells his Jewish friend he thinks she's going to hell. If that kind of thing doesn't make you wince, you might enjoy the book. I'm not being sarcastic.
Bobby
Apr 13, 2009 rated it really liked it
Great book on sharing the faith. Lays a good foundation as to calling and role, great job on connecting our story with others, asks good questions to get people started. Would have liked a little bit more practical suggestions. Regardless, good read.
Krista Blasier
Aug 03, 2013 rated it liked it
This is a good book for someone at the beginning of their faith journey. Has some good thoughtful points sprinkled throughout.
Nathan
Jul 25, 2011 added it
Shelves: nathan-library
Good points in some areas; wishy-washy advice in others. I used it to balance out some alternative perspectives.
Alex Hackney
Jun 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
There are so many things in this book that I find problematic. I will go back through later to highlight them. As it is now, I am having to force my way through.
Bennie
Jul 24, 2011 rated it did not like it
a
Jeff Noble
The Coffeehouse Gospel: Sharing Your Faith In Everyday Conversation by Matthew Paul Turner (?)
Kyle LaPorte
Feb 15, 2012 rated it did not like it
Do I have to give it one star?
Tracy Crowe
Jan 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book - I like the casualness of Turner's writing, I feel like he and I could have a great conversation - not that we would always agree (but what's the fun in that?)
Brian
Dec 23, 2016
Kayla
Jun 29, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Me and White Supremacy: Combat Racism, Change the World, and Become a Good Ancestor
  • I'd Rather Be Reading: The Delights and Dilemmas of the Reading Life
  • Love Well: Living Life Unrehearsed and Unstuck
  • How to master the English Bible: By: James M. Gray, John MacArthur, Dr. David Jerimiah, S. Boutwell
  • Frindle
  • A Man's Greatest Challenge
  • Walden
  • Real Murders (Aurora Teagarden, #1)
  • Jesus Wants to Save Christians: A Manifesto for the Church in Exile
  • Through Painted Deserts: Light, God, and Beauty on the Open Road
  • Emerging Worship: Creating Worship Gatherings for New Generations
  • After Dead: What Came Next in the World of Sookie Stackhouse (Sookie Stackhouse, #13.5)
  • Everybody Wants to Go to Heaven, But Nobody Wants to Die, or (the eschatology of bluegrass)
  • Velvet Elvis: Repainting the Christian Faith
  • A Gentle Spirit: Devotional Selections for Today's Christian Woman
  • Hear the Wind Sing (The Rat, #1)
  • One Way Love:  Inexhaustible Grace for an Exhausted World
  • Simplify: Ten Practices to Unclutter Your Soul
Matthew Paul Turner has made his mark as a force in the Christian children's book publishing market. With his unmatched gift for rhyme blended with deliberate messages of hope and empowerment, Turner's books When God Made You and When God Made Light have become bedtime favorites for families across America. His latest anticipated release is When I Pray for You, which will debut in February 2019.

T