Start by marking “Dragon's Mire (Badlands Paranormal Police Department #4)” as Want to Read:
Dragon's Mire (Badlands Paranormal Police Department #4)

Dragon's Mire

(Badlands Paranormal Police Department #4)

The dragon is learning...
Chief Zeke Phoenix of the Paranormal Police Department is rebuilding the precinct and taking over Infernal City, but he knows war is just around the corner.

Masters was put on his heels, but he's no fool and he's got plenty of contacts. Francis from The Morgue, for one. In other words, Masters has an army of zombies at his fingertips. These aren't t
Published July 31st 2020 by Crimson Myth Press

To ask other readers questions about Dragon's Mire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon's Mire

Start your review of Dragon's Mire (Badlands Paranormal Police Department #4)
Bonnie Dale Keck
Oct 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
kindle unlimited

The dragon has taken the throne... If there's one thing the Badlands cannot tolerate, it's a dragon king. They're vicious, single-minded, and love inflicting pain. Chief Zeke Phoenix of the Paranormal Police Department is fighting every day to avoid being consumed by his royal blood. Little by little, he's losing the fight.

Rake Masters understands that if he can kill Phoenix, ancient magic will transfer the royalty to him. Masters will no longer be a large player in Infernal City
Barbara
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Letting loose a dragon within you is not what it is cut out to be. Zeke is struggling with his dragon wanting to take over control and the royal blood he carries makes the dragon even more determined to overpower and take over from Zeke's human side. Zeke is determined to keep control himself. Now he has to do something about the mobsters who took over his precinct. A battle is inevitable and there is. Another excellent story in this series of a man who is a dragon and thrown into the deep part ...more
Diane
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I had so much fun reading this book! This is the fourth in the series, and they just keep getting better - the plot continues to thicken, and the characters keep on developing. Book three had some interesting surprises, and this book adds more. Great action and hilarious dialog added to my enjoyment. It’s written from multiple viewpoints, which some might find confusing, but I loved it. The POV character is identified at the start of each chapter, and the changing POV both made it easy to follow ...more
Maryann Sims
Aug 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beast-u
This is the fourth entry into Zeke, or Zekie as he called by his family, who are a valkyrie mother and a bragon brother. We find out more about his background and just what kind of royalty he is. Which he doesn't want to be, for very good reason.

We get to see the viewpoint of a lot of the other characters in this book, which helps to understand more and more about their world. With just enough twist and turns to keep you going, like finding out who was the true person to run the morgue, Rose's d
Lisa Cripe
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dragons. Hilarious action packed urban fantasy

Enjoyed immensely. Zeke is a great character and is wrestling with some inner “dragons”. The level of character growth and the fact that we get insight into side characters is great. There’s action, hilarity and even some, dare I say, possible romance. Dragons, trolls, Valkyrie, hellions, pixies and many more interesting creatures. Great addition to the Badlands PPD series.
Lesley Sharp
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Bragon with a potty mouth, a hellion with the skills of a Grand Prix Driver and one major bad ass Dragon PPD Chief....the Badlands PPD are back with a major score to settle...... add shifters, zombies, pixies into the mix and you have another rollercoaster story in this series...great characters, snarky dialogue and a story that picks you up by the scruff of the neck and doesn’t let you go till the end. Hang on for a wild ride( much like Rose’s driving!)
Scott
Jul 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book came out quick on the heels of the third installment which was very exciting to not have a prolonged wait!
Good action, great characters and humor. Without giving away any spoilers, I found this one was not quite as exciting as book 3, but feels like an excellent set up for a huge confrontation looming in the next book which is a worthy tradeoff! I am very much looking forward to reading the next novel.
Larry Tushman
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Having taken back the PPD from Masters' corrupt forces, Zeke is knee deep in rebuilding HQ while coming to terms with the dragon side invading his persona. But, a new parade of attacks on multiple fronts has PPD forces grasping at straws. Exactly how far will Masters go to claim power, and can Zeke beat him without letting his alter-evil take him over completely, to the detriment of the entire Badlands.
A humor-laced, action-infused romp escalating all of the fun of this series.
Scott
Stepped up

Another wonderful book in the series and even better than the last as Zeke stands up to be counted. If this was an A Team episode i would say its the stage when the plan comes together and we see what has finally been going on all this time and that Zeke comes into his own and why a dragon is best left undisturbed.
Marcia Campbell
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! Zeke and his crew are at it again!! Things keep going from bad to worse for the Chief, but he handles it all while working on his inner...king? Finding out new truths doesn't slow him down in his fight to police the Badlands!! This is a great book with tons of awesome fights, fast cars, laughter, snark and even a hint of romance!!! Truly a fun read for fans of the PPD!!! ...more
Audrey Cienki
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A lot of action, wonderful characters, fun plot and great writing.
Anyhoo, this book really moves the entire story forward. We find out more about the characters and their motives, as well as their interests and relationships. I especially enjoyed learning more about Zeke and his relationship with Hilda.
This story is great. I cannot wait for the next book!
Janine Corcoran
Aug 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely hysterical

The  book in the thrilling and exciting zeke phoenix paranormal police department. I don't know if it's possible but this series gets better and better. Filled with humour that actually gave me a sore stomach laughing. The plot is face paced, the innuendo and snark is hilarious and the characters are well written and hysterical.
Maryelaine
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun, fast paced read filled with humor and action. Zeke is coming to terms with what it means to be a dragon. Rose is reunited with her new and much improved Rocket and Rake Masters confirms some very interesting information. Grab your copy and come along for the wild ride through The Badlands!
elspeth morten
Aug 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book the fourth in the series continues the adventures with Zeke and his sidekicks as they try to make the Badlands a safer place. These are a pleasure to read with lots of action and great humour. I will be sad when the series ends.
Sharon Harradine
Go get em Zeke

What can I say about this book. It’s well written has fantastic characters and is just unputdownable. Just can’t wait for the next one. I want to know what happens next now. Pleeeeeaaaassssee!
Gary van Zyl
Apr 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
#badlandassery

as zeke has grown into his skin and flexed on the infernal city, his support crew have grown into their own, in one case shrunk into something more comfortable. by the same token masters has definitely tossed his last marble out the window, unholy hells bells
Dan Haller
Nov 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
ZEKE PHOENIX IS BADLANDS BAD***!

This team is great, both authors and protagonists. Non-stop action and plenty of hilarious snark. Really sterling series and I dread seeing Pear go. Worth the time. Thanks for the inspired work.
ANN R
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So much fun!

This series is just so much fun! I really love the characters. I ordered the next book and really hope the series continues or spins off.
Really appreciated the joy and laughs in this serious time.
Super enjoyable
Suzie Ford
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Chief Phoenix is back! The whole crew is ready to get things back on track. But nothing is ever simple! Jump in and find out just what really is going on in Infernal City! Why is Masters so hell bent on getting rid of the chief? Who will make it to the end!?
Retta Holmes
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book!

Oh wow, this was my favorite Badlands book so far! It was awesome! I absolutely loved how Zeke finally starts to really stand out and that he scares Rose even. We find out some interesting stuff about Zeke in this one. Hilda finally comes clean about who he really is. I love Pear, I hope we see more of him in the next book and more Rose. I can’t wait to see what happens next! I’m sure it is going to be great, but I’ll be sad when this one ends.
Cindy Deporter
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Zeke finds his true self and starts to untangle his past. Phrasing and virginity are still on the table. Love these characters and love how Zekes team has come together to be true team and just when things are heating up.
Chris Christman II
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Zeke and his small PPD crew are going to need some help to eliminate Masters and his evil plan. But is asking Zeke's Mom for help going to work, or will she just kill him?
A must read in this great series of non stop action.
Melissa Parsons
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG I’m so happy it’s back!! I won’t say spoilers lol but it’s a really enjoyable read. Just what you need when you wanna disappear for the day. Thank you for bringing this awesome character back!
kerry d thacker
Aug 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good series. Really enjoying it
Andy Riedel
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great

These PPD series are great and this one is no exception, fast frantic and funny, Zekes past is finally revealed and Pear just continues to grow on you!
Brian C.
Awesome !!! This is a great series, I throughly
enjoyed it and can’t wait for the next one!!!!
Bennah
Zeke and gang rock!

Things really heat up in this book. Can't wait for the next one to come out. Love all the PPD books
Keoki Ki`Ili
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hidden in plain site

Wow, who knew going full dragon would bring so many changes. This is the fight to end all, at least in the Badlands. Zeke has his hands full with the gang, the precinct & the Valkyries.
Michael
Oct 31, 2020
Ian Jackson
Jul 31, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Librari...: please add page # for ASIN : B08DBQRBCS 2 8 Nov 03, 2020 07:06AM

• Walking The Razor (Montague & Strong Case Files #12)
  • Dark Glass (Montague & Strong Case Files #11)
  • They Bite (The Nyxia White Stories #1)
  • Requiem (Montague & Strong Case Files #13)
  • Blood Rule (Rule of The Council #3)
  • They Rend (The Nyxia White Stories #2)
  • Storm Blood (Montague & Strong Case Files, #15)
  • Divine Intervention (Montague & Strong Case Files #14)
  • The Way of Bug (Tales of the Gatekeepers #2)
  • They Kill (The Nyxia White Stories #3)
  • A Bullet Ballet (Tales of the Gatekeepers #1)
  • Blood Bond (Tales of the Gatekeepers, #3)
  • Revenant (Montague & Strong Case Files, #16)
  • Nameless (A Sepia Blue #4)
  • Blood Betrayal (Rule of the Council #2)
  • Iker the Unseen (Iker the Cleaner #1)
  • I’m Glad You’re Dead (Preternatural Chronicles #1)
  • Blood Ascension (Rule of The Council #1)
John P. Logsdon is a former game designer, producer, and software engineer who shamelessly digs into the deep recesses of his mind to bring forth oddball characters and hilarious plots. He writes primarily in fantasy, urban fantasy, and science fiction, but he's also dabbled in cozy mystery from time to time. To see John's vast library of laughs, visit www.johnplogsdon.com. ...more

Badlands Paranormal Police Department (5 books)
  • Dragon's Torment (Badlands Paranormal Police Department #1)
  • Dragon's Plight (Badlands Paranormal Police Department #2)
  • Dragon's Impasse (Badlands Paranormal Police Department #3)
  • Dragon's Scrape (Badlands Paranormal Police Department #5)

News & Interviews

October has arrived, and this month’s batch of incoming titles features some big names, some much-anticipated sequels, and several exotic...