Start by marking “Sting of Thorns (Dark and Otherworldly #2)” as Want to Read:
Sting of Thorns (Dark and Otherworldly #2)

Sting of Thorns

(Dark and Otherwordly #2)

The fight is over, and Leigh Morgan won. After spending months spying in Otherworld as a servant, she’s rescued the humans who were abducted by the Others and sent them safely home. She had to stay behind to destroy the gateway between worlds and keep them safe, but tough luck. She’s prepared to pay the price.

But she didn’t expect the curse the queen of Otherworld lays on
Published September 15th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Sting of Thorns, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sting of Thorns

Start your review of Sting of Thorns (Dark and Otherworldly #2)
Dianne
All of Leigh’s hard work, as well as her broken heart have paid off as her betrayal is revealed to Dredarion. She has rescued the humans trapped in the Otherworld and only has to destroy to gateway between the realms. First, she must fulfill a demand of the Queen or die a painful and slow death.

Returning to the human realm, she must find a magical weapon to give to the Queen. Sent as her overseer, Dredarion’s anger and hurt at her betrayal stings as badly as the death curse she has growing insi
Ian
The battle is over and the victory is their's. Or is it? Leigh finds herself in Otherworld in the hands of her enemies and a new threat is on the horizon.

These novellas are quick and easy reads. They're well written and entertaining. The first two were provided to me by the author for review purposes but I enjoyed them so much that I'll be lining up with everyone else and paying my money as the series progresses.
Julie - One Book More
Sep 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sting of Thorns is the second book in the urban fantasy series Dark and Otherworldly and picks up where Poison and Honey left off. Leigh succeeded in rescuing humans from the Otherworld but had to remain behind to ensure no one else got through the gateway. Captured and imprisoned for her role, Leigh resigns herself to her fate but regrets that she hurt Dredarion in the process.

The queen (Dredarion’s mother) orders Leigh to return to the human world and find an ancient weapon that will help them
Emily Hirst
Nov 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book starts immediately after Poison and Honey, please read that book and review before this one so this review makes sense. The war between the human servants and the Others is over and the humans won. Leigh had to risk a lot in this war so she now has to face the consequences. She rescued the humans who were abducted by staying behind to destroy the portal. What the Queen has planned for Leigh is unexpected. She sends Leigh and Dredarion on a misson to find a human connection who will hel ...more
Valerie (Cats Luv Coffee)
Oct 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Sting of Thorns is Book 2 in the Dark and Otherwordly series, with Poison and Honey (read my review here) being the book that started it all. This is a series that does need to be read in order but one that is entirely worth starting from the beginning.

Poison and Honey introduced us to Otherworld, a portal world where royals rule, and people from Earth are abducted into servitude or worse. Leigh has been in Otherworld for a while searching for her sister and working covertly to bring those to s
Silvia
Oct 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
My, my, Kristen Brand, you sure know how to spice things up, and make readers fall in love with Dredarion the magical world you created.

If I really liked the first instalment, I truly loved this second book! Action-packed, Sting of Thorns follows the suspenseful ending of Poison and Honey, and drags you into an even more dangerous situation without wasting time. Things get intense fast, with threatening enemies ready to give hell, but also anger, hurt, and regrets tormenting Leigh and Dredarion.
Zuzkaja
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: magic
Amazing continuation of the series.

If you like stories with strong heroine, interesting, dark and mysterious cast, a beautiful world, and a story full of twists, action, and occasional romance this one is the right one for you.

We continue to follow the story of Leigh and Dredarion. After the breathtaking finale of the previous book, I was curious about the next book. And was not disappointed. It kept me on the edge from the first page.

Leigh coped really well with her unfavorable situation. Eve
Whiskey & Wit Book Reviews
Sep 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When I read the first book in this series, Poison and Honey, I was absolutely thrilled with Kristen Brand's originality. Now that I've finished the second book, Sting of Thorns... well... tornadic winds would have less impact on my psyche than this high speed, lightning bolt, fantasy extravaganza! Leigh and Dredarion are back, and I pray their story Keeps. On. Going. You'll remember from book one that Leigh is human (Or, as the Others lovingly refer to them, mud people) and Dredarion is a BA mag ...more
Angelique
Sep 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: author-request
Leigh finally accomplished that which she was fighting so hard for. She got her vengeance and she managed to get the gate to earth closed so the Others could no longer cross over and steal more humans to do there bidding. Only problem is – now she is stuck on the wrong side of the gate and having to face not only her betrayed would be lover – but also his enraged mother.

No one was more surprised than Leigh when she finds out she won’t be sentenced to death or eternal slavery – but instead is bei
Liliyana Shadowlyn
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sting of Thorns is a thrilling and magical story. Leigh succeeded in her last mission, but the price was high. I loved being able to spend more time with Leigh and Dredarion, and exploring new corners of Otherworld. There's definitely chemistry between them, despite how much Dredarion hates Leigh for her betrayal. (The heart wants what the heart wants after all). The deep characters, brilliant world-building, and danger to Leigh will have you turning pages until you reach the end, much sooner th ...more
Tina
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun fast read. I loved the nice angsty romance. There was a new layer to the world added. New creatures with some entertaining action. I can't get enough of the witty banter of Leigh's crew.

Thank you, Kristen Brand for a free copy of Sting of Thorns. This is my honest review
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
I couldn’t put this book down! It was so exciting! Full of action, magic and new twists and turns that took my breath away. This sequel is not to miss!
Nicci
Aug 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sting of Thorns picks up immediately where Poison and Honey ends. Leigh and Dredarion are forced to work together - along with Leigh's friends - to save Leigh and retrieve the weapon that could save Dredarion's people. The book is fast-paced, packed full of revelations and utterly addictive from beginning to end. I'm thoroughly enjoying this series and recommend it for those who love fantasy/urban fantasy and are looking for an awesome but quick read! ...more
Jillian
Nov 27, 2020
Bonnie Mountain
rated it did not like it
Oct 07, 2020
Emily
Nov 05, 2020
T.J. Day
Dec 01, 2020

• Dead Woman Scorned (The Patience of a Dead Man #2)
  • Night Night, Norman
  • The Girl in Cabin 13 (Emma Griffin FBI Mystery, #1)
  • Warping Minds & Other Misdemeanors (The Guild Codex: Warped, #1)
  • The Switch
  • How to Rattle an Undead Couple (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #9)
  • Sweep of the Blade (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4)
  • Rejected (Shadow Beast Shifters, #1)
  • The Hero of Ages (Mistborn, #3)
  • Butterface (The Hartigans, #1)
  • Wraith
  • Magic Forged (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #1)
  • Stolen Magic (Shadows of the Immortals, #1)
  • Wyrd Blood (Wyrd ​Blood, #1)
  • Vampire's Kiss (Legion of Angels #1)
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
  • Drawn to Darkness (Dark Desire #3)
  • The Sage and The Savage (Dark Desire #2)
If Kristen Brand could have any superpower, she’d want telekinesis so she wouldn’t have to move from her computer to pour a new cup of tea. She spends far too much time on the internet, and when she’s not writing, she’s usually reading novels or comic books. Icon by @heckosart.

Dark and Otherwordly (2 books)
  • Poison and Honey (Dark and Otherwordly, #1)

News & Interviews