Start by marking “Wildflower Graves (Detective Ellie Reeves #2)” as Want to Read:
Wildflower Graves (Detective Ellie Reeves #2)

Wildflower Graves

(Detective Ellie Reeves #2)

He looked at the photos of all the women who had to be punished. He’d already chosen the first five. He’d been talking to them for weeks. Watching them. Following them. He knew all their secrets––the secrets he would kill them for.

Detective Ellie Reeves heads into the wilds of the Appalachian Mountains when she wants to get lost––to forget the whispers chasing her and the
Published December 3rd 2020 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about Wildflower Graves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wildflower Graves

Start your review of Wildflower Graves (Detective Ellie Reeves #2)
Pat (not getting friend updates currently)
This is the second book in the author’s new Ellie Reeves series. It is not necessary to read book 1 first but it does help with understanding the backstory. Only three weeks after the events of book 1 the Crooked Creek Police Department in Bluff County, Georgia, is once again immersed in a series of grisly murders. This time it’s young women. They are being found at various sites on the Appalachian Trail, on a bed of daffodils, with their throats cut and other signs of abuse. The killer sends El ...more
fleurette
Nov 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, crime
Some time ago I read a book by this author and I liked it so much that I promised myself that I would read another one. And I was definitely not disappointed with this one. This is a very well written story.

I hadn't read the first book in this series, but that wasn't a problem. The characters we should know from the first book are fully developed and multi-dimensional, and we don't need to know the events of the first book to appreciate this. Ellie works well as the main character. The other cha
Melanie
Dec 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller, netgalley
4.5 Stars

Wildflower Graves was a fantastic follow-up to The Silent Dolls with an intriguing plot that ties directly into Ellie's past.

Detective Ellie Reeves' life has been spinning out of control since the revelation that her parents covered for a serial killer. To escape the whispers and stares, Ellie heads into the Appalachian Mountains for a break. But while hiking the trail, Ellie discovers the body of a woman laid out with a note suggesting she won't be the last. After emerging from the for
Yvonne (Fiction Books)
Nov 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"The Weekday Killer"

"Monday's child is fair of face

Tuesday's child is full of grace

Wednesday's child is full of woe

Thursday's child has far to go

Friday's child is loving and giving

Saturday's child works hard for a living

And the child that is born on the Sabbath day is bonny and blithe, and good and gay"

"A blueprint for murder"

Oh Wow! This was such an excellent story! I just couldn't bear to put my Kindle into sleep mode for a few minutes, even when I needed to catch up with other day-to-day, muc
Mick Dubois
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
After the shocking revelations in the previous book, detective Ellie Reeves is in therapy to deal with the lies and deceit of her parents. Not only does the whole county looks down and condemns the behaviour of their former sheriff, many people see Ellie as just as guilty as her parents. There are many protests in town and Jess receives some very unpleasant mail. She decides to let go of all the negativity and sets out for a good long hike along the Appalachian Trail. She doesn’t get very far th ...more
Vanessa Menezes
Nov 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Detective Ellie Reeves heads into the wilds of the Appalachian Mountains when she wants to get lost and forget all the whispers chasing her and the past that keeps her up at night. She’s sick of having to prove herself to her small town.

But hiking in the endless miles of woods isn’t the escape she was hoping for. A gust of wind blows some petals on to Ellie’s path. Following the trail, she finds a golden-haired young woman dead on a bed of daffodils, with a note: ‘Monday’s child is fair of face.
Leena Aluru
Dec 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant! Fantastic plot, great characters. She's maintained the suspense well through the entire book, and we get an inkling of the perpetrator only at the end. Ellie and Derrick, wow wonder if that's on the cards,?

This is going to be a series, with individual plots but intertwined characters and back story. My suggestion to anyone wanting to read this , do start with her first o the series - Silent Dolls.

Recommended: 👍 👌 👏
Cindy
Nov 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Detective Ellie Reeves nightmare continues when a new killer dubbed the Weekday Killer takes her friend and fellow officer Shondra. This killer is as diabolical as her half brother Hiram. He is an expert at throwing Ellie and the police off by framing those close to her.

When Ellie's past was revealed in the previous book it opened up a Pandora's box that we still haven't seen the full repercussions of that yet. Hopefully book 3 will shed more light on where Ellie came from and that she can surv
Shalini
Dec 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
The book had me holding my breath, knowing the killer had already chosen the women based on a rhyme that gave me the horrors when I read it. Detective Ellie Reeves was back again with the Appalachian Mountains as yet the setting of this book. Author Rita Herron wrote another fast-paced thriller with a complete police investigation.

On a hike to the mountains, Ellie found a woman posed on a bed of daffodils and soon came to know that her colleague Shondra was missing. That led to the beginning of
booklover BEV
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Detective Ellie Reeves the second book in the series
Hiram the serial killer is now behind bars and three weeks on Ellie's parents are still getting hounded after their cover up.
the serial killers pattern goes back two decades named as the ghost, Ellie is now under a therapist her parents had lied to her all her life and crooked creek and media wont leave her alone she has to decide where to go now will she seek out her true parents.
At the reflection pond she finds a womans body and starts gettin
Brenda Feinen
Nov 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Ellie Reeves goes into the Appalachian Trail for some space and hiking. The exposure of her parents' secret, potentially harboring a serial killer of young girls, brought Ellie under the scrutiny of the town - assumptions she is as guilty as her parents, questioning her ability to be a police officer.
While hiking the trail, Ellie stumbles upon a recently murdered young woman - posed, with a nursery rhyme.
Ellie is pulled into the investigation, along with Special Agent Derrick Fox. Will they be
Maureen ~Bitch Can Write A Book
So many twists & turns. Looking forward to see what’s in store for Detective Ellie Reeves next.
Linda Strong
Dec 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Detective Ellie Reeves, while hiking in the Appalachian Mountains, literally stumbles across the body of a young woman. She's laying on a bed of daffodils, a branch wrapped around her neck, wearing clothes that do not belong to her. Her lips have been sewn shut and a note is found inside her mouth....

Monday’s child is fair of face

And then she finds another body of a young woman ... left in the same condition as the first. Only the message is different....

Tuesday’s child is full of grace

So begins
Judith Barrow
Nov 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I realised as soon as I was into the first chapter that I was reading the sequel of a previous book. The characters are already formed and interact well with one another, showing previous relationships and a backstory. And this is okay, there is enough spoken dialogue and internal dialogue that explains both the action and the denouement of the first book.

I liked the story, it is a good plot with an even pace, and enough twists and turns to keep the reader guessing. And I did like the author’s n
Fay Flude
Nov 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
We are back with Detective Ellie Reeves of Bluff County, still not getting along with Sheriff Bryce Waters, and paired up with FBI agent Derrick Fox again to hunt down yet another serial killer leaving bodies on the Applachian Trail, gruesomely laid out on beds of daffodils.
The book is remarkably similar to The Silent Dolls and in some cases this would have put me off. Yet there is something about Reeves and Fox and the way Herron writes that I just cannot resist. I was pulled into Wildflower Gr
booklover BEV
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Detective Ellie Reeves the second book in the series
At the reflection pond she finds a womans body and starts gettin
Syeda Sumayya Tariq
A serial killer killing off his victims based on a nursery rhyme. Such an interesting premise, and even though it’s the second book in a series I jumped on it. There’s quite a bit of recap and follow up of what happened in the previous book, but it was like, all in fast forward and imo it lost the intensity of what happened.

I think it has so much potential and could have been better. The imagery, and the forensics part was great, but third-person narration which is used quite a bit in this book
Owl._.
Nov 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was good! I mean, GREAT! Had no clue who the killer was - lots of suspects, lots of wrong guesses ... this one kept me guessing the whole time. Book 2 did not disappoint and I can’t wait to see what happens with Ellie in book 3. I would recommend reading this series in order - the backstory is important for this book, as it picks up where book one ended.

Fast read that keeps you hooked with all the twists and turns! Definitely recommend.

Thank you #netgalley and #bookouture for this eARC. Lov
loopyloulaura
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Monday's child is fair of face. But the woman that has been murdered no longer looks so fair. Tuesday's child is discovered next. Will Detective Ellie Reeves be able to stop the killer before the rhyme is complete and seven women are dead...?
OMG what a book! Wildflower Graves is a wonderfully gruesome thriller. It is the second in the Ellie Reeves sereis from Rita Herron but I have not read the first. I suggest that you read the first, not just because I assume the writing style and plot are as
Judith Barrow
Nov 17, 2020 rated it really liked it

Diane
Nov 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Darkness and Murder on the Appalachian Trail!
Wildflower Graves by Rita Herron is the second book in the Detective Ellie Reeves series. You can read this as a stand-alone book, but it is best if you read the series in order. I enjoy reading books that include hiking trails and the AT is one of my favorites!
Detective Ellie Reeves has taken some personal time from work and is drawn into danger and death as she hikes the AT. She goes back on duty to find the killer and is soon trying to capture a
Julie Lacey
Dec 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this series!
I really enjoyed being back in the Appalachian Mountains with Detective Ellie Reeves but just knew a murder would soon follow.
The killer in this book is particularly twisted as he lays the dead body on daffodils, cuts their throat and then wraps bramble round their necks.
Ellie stumbles across the first victim whilst taking some time out up in the mountains. She’s soon back to work trying to find the killer.
As more bodies are found the FBI are called in and Agent Derrick Fo
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed Wildflower Graves, the second book in the Detective Ellie Reeves series. I recommend that book one: The Silent Dolls, be read first as there are mentions in this book that will give parts of the first book away.
Ellie is a real kick-ass, strong-willed, fearless character and I admire her strength both emotionally and physically. If you've read The Silent Dolls you will know how much Ellie has been through.
Ellie just wants to do her job and do it well - even in the face of da
Marnie | Once Upon a Time Book Blog
Dec 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Mystery thriller fans
Recommended to Marnie | Once Upon a Time Book Blog by: Bookouture
Shelves: 2020
For Detective Ellie Reeves latest case, we see her up against one of the most terrifying serial killers. Dubbed the weekday killer who leaves a chilling calling card with each of his victims, Ellie and the team have their work cut out for them in trying to stop the killer before he strikes again.

It was good to be reunited with Ellie again and I felt her lingering pain as she still tries to come to terms with the events that occurred in The Silent Dolls, which still has the townsfolk against her.
Toni
Dec 23, 2020 rated it really liked it

This is the second book in the Detective Ellie Reeves series by Rita Herron.

I remember Rita Herron from a long time ago when she wrote for Harlequin. Definitely one of my favorite authors from that time. I was so glad to see her go out on her own and put out bigger books.

This was a fascinating read. The whole connection between the killer and Ellie not to mention the name they have given the killer: the Weekday killer. I had a few questions that were probably answered in book one but t
Janilyn Kocher
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm quickly becoming addicted to this series just like I am of Linda Castillo's series. The two are very comparable: tough female cops, fast paced action, and towns terrorized by killers. Wildflower Graves is sinister, chilling, perverse, and macabre. Herron throws out so many facets it's like a treasure hunt. You think you're getting close to the truth, but then another bend in the road appears. I was perplexed about the perp until the very end. Some of Cord's secrets are cracked. I can't wait ...more
Tracy
Nov 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this author has become one of my favourites you know you going to be pulled in from the 1st page if you thought book 1 was good wait till you read this very tense and gripping .detective Ellie Reeves is still term s with her family secret and her brother she did not know about . but someone is taken women and taunting her with texts and a nursery rhyme .and FBI Derrick comes back in to her life to help her with the case but he takes her friend officer Shondra Eastwood what is the connection with ...more
Elaine Tomasso
Nov 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank Netgalley and Bookouture for an advance copy of Wildflower Graves, the second novel to feature Detective Ellie Reeves of the Stony Gap, Georgia Sheriff’s Office.

After the fall out from her last case Ellie is taking time to herself and hiking on the Appalachian Trail, but work is never far away when she stumbles across the body of a dead woman. The ritual involved in her murder and the message left - Monday’s child is fair of face - lead her to believe that she may be huntin
Nov 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Super Creepy make the hair on the back of your neck action as only Ms. Herron can do.

She’d sensed his presence many times. Heard some of the Shadow People called him the Watcher. Although she hadn’t seen him in some time now.

Ellie Reeves can’t get a break. She has another killer on her hands.
There are so many twists in this story it will make you crazy trying to figure it out.
This is a thrilling series that just gets better every time.
Samadhee Ismail
Nov 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank You Netgalley and Bookouture for the ARC! This book review is based on my complete honest opinion.

This is the continuation of the Detective Ellie Reeves' series. The first book, The Silent Dolls, was really good that it had me reading up till night--it was really good. So when this second book came along, I was excited too and couldn't wait to read it. And I must say, I was not disappointed.

A man is murdering women brutally each day, based on the infamous nursery rhyme. And he is specific
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Killer's Girl (Detective Morgan Brookes #2)
  • Promises in the Dark (Detectives Kane and Alton Book 10)
  • Breathe Your Last (Detective Josie Quinn, #10)
  • The Drowned Woman (Jericho and Wright, #2)
  • Saltwater Graves (Detective Casey White, #3)
  • Girl Under Water (Charlotte Winters #2)
  • Last Girls Alive (Detective Katie Scott Book 4)
  • Her Final Prayer (Detective Clara Jefferies, #2)
  • The Girls in the Snow (Nikki Hunt, #1)
  • The Innocent Girls (Detective Casey White, #2)
  • Silent Ridge (Detective Megan Carpenter, #3)
  • Out of Her Mind (Sawyer Brooks, #2)
  • The Toybox
  • One Left Alive (Detective Morgan Brookes #1)
  • Cold Revenge (Ellie Kline Series Book 7)
  • The Next Widow (Jericho and Wright, #1)
  • Their Frozen Graves (Detective Mackenzie Price #2)
  • Autumn's Fear (Autumn Trent #3)
USA Today Bestselling and award-winning author Rita Herron fell in love with books at the ripe age of eight when she read her first Trixie Belden mystery. But she didn’t think real people grew up to be writers, so she became a teacher instead. Now she writes so she doesn’t have to get a real job.
With over ninety books to her credit, she’s penned romantic suspense, romantic comedy and YA novels, bu

Detective Ellie Reeves (3 books)
  • The Silent Dolls (Detective Ellie Reeves #1)
  • The Burning Girls (Detective Ellie Reeves #3)

News & Interviews

“The killer had challenged her. And Ellie Reeves did not back down from a challenge” 0 likes
“Through the window the sun was shining like a beacon, nearly blinding her just as her parents lies had.” 0 likes