Start by marking “Can't Fight It (Fair Lakes #3)” as Want to Read:
Can't Fight It (Fair Lakes #3)

Can't Fight It

(Fair Lakes #3)

Colton

From the moment she showed up on my doorstep, I knew our lives would never be the same. I felt it deep in my soul that she was going to change us forever. I didn’t know how, but I knew she was important. I tried to maintain the distance between us, but it was too strong to fight.

With each passing day, I saw a future I never planned flash before my eyes—one with a fai
Published July 28th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Can't Fight It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Can't Fight It

Start your review of Can't Fight It (Fair Lakes #3)
Flor ❁
May 01, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-stars, 2021
2.5 ✨

I'm too lazy to write a review but,

roommates 👫🏻+ single dad👨‍👦 + cute baby👶🏻 + insta-love-lust 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨+ the most unlikely drama 🤷🏽‍♀️ + cute baby again 👶🏻= HEA

Overall Thoughts:

I enjoyed this series, it was a light read, I had a good time reading it, but my problem with the three books is that I felt like there wasn't much development of the characters and sometimes everything felt so over the top.
Andrea Fleury
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Chase

Wow what a book. I loved Chase and Milo and then when Hollis shows up and ooops . Surprise. Very romantic and sexy. A bit of mystery as well.
Somia
Aug 17, 2020 rated it liked it
A sweet and light read, which at the start had me smiling a fair bit and sinking into my sofa. The story involves single dad Colton Callahan and the woman who rents the in-law apartment from him, Hollis, who has shadows in her eyes. Hollis is looking for a fresh start, romance is the last thing on her mind, but from the very first meeting with her sexy landlord attraction sizzles in the air.

The relationship between the two develops rather quickly. I liked the two together but wanted some oomph t
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Jul 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
20200510_083408
Wishing this series never ended, my review on my BLOG -> CLICK HERE
20190911_093631_zpsyslz1m7j
Jen (jensdreamylittlereads)
Jul 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Can't Fight It is the third and final instalment in the Fair Lakes Series. I have been looking forward to Colton’s story and I just knew that Kaylee and Lacey would deliver big time.

I loved Colton and Hollis together. They had an immediate and scorching hot chemistry, and it just kept getting hotter, the more time they spent together. But underneath it all, there was an undeniably sweet connection. Their story touched my heart and made me swoon with its sweetness.

Can’t Fight It is a great addit
Nana Pickrell
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I was privileged enough to receive an advanced reader copy of this book from the author for a voluntary and honest review.
What a amazing story. Once I started, I couldn’t seem to put it down. Colton and Hollis had me intrigued right from the very beginning. They were easy to relate to, and I felt as though I could connect easily with them. I felt this book was very well written. I love when a book has me so immersed that I don't realize I've come to the end until I try to swipe to the next page
April Symes
Jul 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Can’t Fight It is book 3 in the Fair Lakes series by Lacey Black and Kaylee Ryan. This is Colton and Hollis's story. Book 3 picks up where Just Getting Started (book 2) ended.
Colton was career military until something life changing happens. He ends up getting out and moving back home. Colton doesn't mind what happened or that he has to literally change gears but it seems life isnt done with handling him surprises- Hollis.
Hollis shows up and Colton thought that she was supposed to be a "he". Sh
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Whew boy, can I just say that these two are quite the pair when they write together. I love Kaylee Ryan and Lacey Black independently but as a duo they are dynamite in the very best ways and I hope they keep this new trend of wiring together up.

The Fair Lakes series has been brilliant in every single way and what a journey this was. Steamy. Sweet. Swoony. Intense. A little twisty. Packed with all of those pesky feels in the very best ways. The third standalone in this series, Can't Fight
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
Moving into a new house, single dad Colton is proud of the decision he has made to put his son, Milo, first. Having an in-law apartment attached to the house also gives Colton some monetary breathing room. The only problem is that Hollis happens to be a female instead of the male he thought was moving in. A bigger problem happen to be the instant spark he feels for Hollis the moment he opens the front door. Can he allow someone else into his heart while he puts Milo first? Or will the baggage sh ...more
Larissa Rye
Jul 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was so looking forward to Colton’s book & was so excited to be given an arc! Milo & Colton are absolutely ovaries explodingly cute! This book made me have baby fever for sure!

Hollis & Colton are so sweet together. This is definitely a boom type love book! I really liked getting to visit with all the other characters from previous books. The only thing I wish there was more of is Hollis’ back story.

Other than that this book is exactly why I love a Kaylee Ryan/Lacey Black read. I received an a
Vfc
This is one of the most amazing writing partnerships evah! This is the third book in a series put out by this duo of authors and each one is more amazing than the last! Colton & Hollis's story picks up where Just Getting Started ended, and it's everything I hoped for, and so much more!

Colton was career army, until his life is thrown for a loop, and everything changes. But he doesn't regret his decisions. On the contrary, he has jumped into his new life feet first, and is taking each new day as t
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
Can’t Fight It is the third book in the Fair Lakes series by Lacey Black and Kaylee Ryan. I am loving this series and it’s characters. You can read each as standalone but I recommend reading the series since they are amazing! If you read Just Getting Started then you know the beginning of Colt’s story. The newly titled single dad...

Colton knew it was time to take his honorable discharge for the Army after twelve years when he found out his was a father. His son only a month old. And now a few mo
Jenifer Briggs
Jul 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is easily my favorite book in this series! Filled with so much emotion, intrigue, suspense, an epic romance AND the cutest little boy ever, this is definitely one of my favorite reads of the year!

We met Colton briefly at the end of the last book in the series (which while this is a standalone, I recommend reading the other two books) who is now a single parent to the adorable Milo. These two have such an epic bond, and watching the two to them interact and learning from one another had me s
Red Cheeks Reads
Jul 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 SMOOCHES!

I've really enjoyed this series, and as a long-time reader of Lacey Black’s, these collaborations with Kaylee Ryan have been fantastic. These characters are relatable and endearing, and I’ve gotten lost in each of these books. While each book can be read as a standalone, I recommend reading the series in order.

Colton’s story kicks off in the previous book in the series, Just Getting Started when he returns home from the military to learn that he’s a single father. Fast-forward a few m
Kari Hansen
Jul 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Colton has spent the last decade serving in the military but when he finds out in the most unorthodox way that he is a single father life as he knows it is about to change. He has now left the military in his past and is building a new future for him and his son. When he decides to rent out a suite in his new home the surprise was on him when his roommate turned out to be female.

Hollis needed to escape the life she was living and where better than the town that help many happy memories for her g
Chasidy
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the series and dare I say my favorite!!! I loved Colton & Hollis’ story. I always look for stories that I can lose myself in and Can’t Fight It was the perfect story to. Colton’s life was turned upside down recently and he’s learning to navigate it now. He thought Hollis would be the perfect tenant until he realized he was actually a girl! Their story is full of moments where I fell for Colton over and over again! This is a must read!
Millennial Life Crisis Bookshelf - Samantha
What a suspenseful read from Kaylee and Lacey! After finding out he has a son he knew nothing about, Colton retires from the Army and starts to settle into civilian life while also transitioning into learning how to be a father. As a way to make extra money to offset the mortgage, he decides to rent out the in-law suite of his new house to a guy he hasn’t met before but skimmed over the background check. Hollis is running away from a situation that happened in her hometown, and decided to go whe ...more
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-reads-2020
I love the Fair Lakes series, but Can’t Fight it is hands down my favorite of the three. Single dad? Swoon. Some suspense? Yes, please! Super adorable baby? Yes! Hilarious brotherly banter? Sign me up!

Colton is a single father. He left the army to take care of his son. Hollis left her old life in California and is looking for a fresh start in Fair Lakes. Colton and Hollis become unlikely roommates and from the moment they meet there is an instant attraction between them. I loved the chemistry be
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
5 Stars

If you want a book that will make your heart melt then this is the one you need! Colton and Hollis are a match made in heaven! Colton is the type of single dad that will cause ovaries to explode. When his new tenant turns out to be the beautiful Hollis, sparks immediately fly. You will love witnessing the relationship Colton has with his son, as well as how Hollis cannot resist falling in love with such a precious baby boy. As the theee spend more time together, she and Colton fall hard f
Thuy Taylor
Jul 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
We are back at Fair Lakes and its Colton's story. He is raising Milo on his own and he doesn't really have much spare time, so a personal life is not really on his mind. But, these two, are just ADORABLE. He's a really good father to his son. Hollis is renting a room in his house, and these two definitely have this attraction towards each other. Once they can't deny it any longer, it was really great to see their walls break down and give into all their feelings.

There is a little bit of suspense
Louise  O
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Can’t Fight It is book 3 in the Fair Lakes series and can be read as a standalone, but to get the whole story I would highly recommend reading from book 1.

After reading books 1 & 2 I was hooked on this series, easy to read and great romances; when I finished Just Getting Started I was desperate for Colton’s story, I have my fingers and toes crossed that Colton is going to get his own book! Was my exact quote from my previous review.

Colton has been thrown into the deep end, giving up his life i
Kara Hildebrand (Two Book Pushers)
Can't Fight It is the third book in the Fair Lakes series by the talented duo of Lacey Black and Kaylee Ryan. This series is so much fun! This is Colton, Chase's brothers story. He's home from the Army and now has a baby to take care of. He's trying to do the best he can, a job, a house and now he just needs a roommate. As soon as he sees Hollis, he wants her. And that's a very bad thing. Right? He can't get involved with his roommate, that will end badly. But Hollis quickly becomes more than ju ...more
Jamie Rhodes
Jul 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is part of a series, so I would suggest reading at least the second book in the series so you will get to know the backstory of Chase, Colton, and Milo. This book is sort of a continuation of book 2. We have Colton meeting Hollis, and from there the story takes off. The storyline flows, the characters are ones who you root for. There is a sense of family and a lot of love flowing. Dual point of view. No cliffhanger.
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
This book is one of those books that sucks you in right from the start and keeps you hanging until the very end. Colton and Hollis were so easy to relate too and their relationship was just well written. For sure, the best book in this series with a little suspense and a lot of love and warm feelings.

~Lauren💜
Britt The Hatters
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves, 2020-faves
Kaylee Ryan and Lacey Black have officially topped my list of favorite writing duos! Every book is more and more addictive and Can’t Fight It was next level addictive. I DEVOURED this unputdownable read. Colton and Hollis are officially one of my most loved couples of all time. I want to re-read this book approximately eleventy billion times. I think you get my point. But in case you don’t, DROP EVERYTHING AND READ THIS RIGHT NOW is what I’m getting at.
This book is what my romance obsessed littl
Kylee
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Can't Fight It is the perfect way to describe how the words of this story will affect you, as there is no way to fight the emotions that Colton and Hollis will bring out. Their story is heartwarming, sexy, flirty, enchanting and absolute pure bliss. A story that will wrap its way firmly around your heart and leave you on a high of pure love. As you take another journey back to Fair Lakes there will be no disappointment with your choice of destination, it will be more like a case of I don't want ...more
Kaitie
Jul 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gah! Single dad books are seriously some of my favorites these days! And Colton is just one of the swooniest dads ever!! Plus it’s another book by two of my favorite people and basically this book is like Christmas in July! Hollis, she’s a sweetie and I couldn’t wait to find out more about her as I was reading! Plus add in a little bit of mystery and this book is perfect and has it all! Even checking back in with the rest of our favorite crew!
Victoria Sturlini
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
BEAUTIFUL LOVE STORY...😍

What a beautiful love story.....SIGH! It had everything. Colton and Milo touched my heart. Colton was such a kind and sensitive man. The descriptions of how he was with Milo were so heartwarming. Hollis and Colton clicked right away and their love story was sweet, sizzling and tender. I loved this book. It has a sense of just how a perfect romance should be with absolute believability!!! All the characters are interesting, supportive and there for each other. There was a
Donna Rutledge
Apr 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is a good book I just think that Hollis and Colton fell in love a little to quickly but youth will do that for you.

It's the story of a young man in the service who gets a call to tell him that he is a father and that the mother of his child has signed over custody of their son already and left him, Milo with his uncle and she won't be back. Colton then discharges from the service to come home and take care of his son. He buys a house with a mother-in-law suite and decides to rent that out t
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Love and Neckties (Rockland Falls Book 4)
  • Double Dog Dare You (Rigsby Brothers Book 2)
  • Kickstart My Heart (Burgers and Brew Crüe  #1)
  • Pants On Fire
  • Grip (The Driven World)
  • Love and Landscape (Rockland Falls Book 3)
  • Feels Like Home (Southern Bride, #5)
  • Good Enough (Meet Me in Montana, #3)
  • Love and Lingerie (Rockland Falls Book 2)
  • Strong Enough (Meet Me in Montana, #4)
  • The Path to Us
  • Fighting for Us (Bailey Brothers, #2)
  • The Dare (Briar U, #4)
  • Take Me Away (Southern Bride, #6)
  • Only One Kiss (Only One, #1)
  • Reckless Memories (Wrecked, #1)
  • One Good Thing
  • Sweet Love (Sweet Addiction, #4)
NYT & USA Today Bestselling Author

Newsletter: http://bit.ly/31Io4vF
Txt Alerts: Text: KAYLEERYAN to 24587
Website: http://www.kayleeryan.com/

Fair Lakes (3 books)
  • It's Not Over (Fair Lakes, #1)
  • Just Getting Started (Fair Lakes, #2)